Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Theo Filippo
Jess
crump
Barton
Sean
Roloman4
Gegilworld93
Lux
SBSP
Ricardo
TheRangersFan
dena
16 posters

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

SBSP
    SBSP

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 2 Empty Re: New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:54 am

Stop using the Crying or Very sad smiley. Neutral
    dena
    dena

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 2 Empty Re: New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

Post by dena Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:56 am

Religion does hold too much weight in this country to me. Was watching Real Time with Bill Maher who made a great point about why so many politicians (esp. Republicans) have massive families, it means you're: not gay, pro-life, and shows various other things that the base needs to have established before they can vote for you. More states haven't given marriage rights to gays because of religion, there is no other feasible (and to me that's not even feasible) reason not too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:28 am

If we are going to legalize same sex marriage, why not legalize incest or multiple spouses?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:29 am

Are you serious?
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:29 am

ahlycotc wrote:If we are going to legalize same sex marriage, why not legalize incest or multiple spouses?

Here we go..
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:29 am

Why wouldn't he be?
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:30 am

He can't be fucking serious.

To be fair, I am one that sees no moral wrong with multiple spouses as long as it is equal amongst the sexes, I mean, I myself am against it, but I don't see why it should be illegal, however, Ahmed is using the typical argument.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:30 am

I had to do a debate about this in School and I used that 'slippery slope' thing. shifty
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:31 am

SBSP wrote:Why wouldn't he be?

Because incest is fucking incest.

Multiple spouses is a bit of a greyer area but I believe we and other countries ban it based more on legal issues not moral. Neutral
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:33 am

What makes incest so much worse than gay sex?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:34 am

Because Incest could cause deformed children Neutral
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:35 am

You think having sex with yourown family is on the same level as sex with someone of the same sex?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:36 am

I'm not saying I agree with incest, but it's unconstitutional to prevent incest just as it is with same sex marriage. I personally think incest is just as wrong as gay sex. But if we aren't going to make laws based on my feelings, why stop at legalizing same sex marriage?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:36 am

The fact that in a lot of incestuous cases minors are involved against their will? The threat of negative genetic mutation in future generations? Neutral
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:37 am

SBSP wrote:What makes incest so much worse than gay sex?

Oh for Woden's, yes, Woden's, sake, are you fucking serious?

How is it worse? First, what in the hell is wrong with gay sex?

Now, we see, what is wrong with incest... well, deformed children, diseased children, etc...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:39 am

Ok fine, incest causes physical harm. But why not multiple spouses?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:39 am

Gay sex generally doesn't put anyone in risk except for the people taking part with STI's and such, whereas Incest could produce offspring with genetic problems and make them suffer.

That was a stupid comment, Ackbar.. Neutral
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:39 am

Sean wrote:You think having sex with yourown family is on the same level as sex with someone of the same sex?
    I never said that.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:41 am

ahlycotc wrote:Ok fine, incest causes physical harm. But why not multiple spouses?

As people before said, multiple spouses isnt that big a deal. I wouldnt care too much if they legalised it.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:41 am

How can you even compare gay sex to incest? That just dosen't make any sense.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:41 am

I don't care about multiple spouses, as I said, as long as it is equal across the sexes then I don't give a shit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:42 am

I'm sure polygamy does happen in some parts of the world like the middle east (generalisation there)
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:42 am

Roloman4 wrote:
    SBSP wrote:What makes incest so much worse than gay sex?

Oh for Woden's, yes, Woden's, sake, are you fucking serious?

How is it worse? First, what in the hell is wrong with gay sex?

Now, we see, what is wrong with incest... well, deformed children, diseased children, etc...

Who is Woden and what happened to Odin?

ahlycotc wrote:Ok fine, incest causes physical harm. But why not multiple spouses?

Like I said multiple spouses is more of a grey area, partly because of religions who allow it and partly because who can go against a man having more than one wives (morally) if he loves them and they love him equally and agree to marry how can you prove that marriage to be invalid based on that? I think (and won't claim to be a law expert) that it has more to do with legal issues like taxes and stuff. I don't know though.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:43 am

I thought Woden was another name for Odin? Dry Smile
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:43 am

Woden is Odin, Woden is just the South Germanic name for Odin whereas Odin is the Scandinavian name.

That's where Wednesday comes from, Woden's Day.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:46 am

Who's Odin?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:47 am

Sean wrote:Who's Odin?
    Some Norse god.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:48 am

Roloman4 wrote:Woden is Odin, Woden is just the South Germanic name for Odin whereas Odin is the Scandinavian name.

You learn something new everyday. New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 2 631712
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:48 am

Odin. not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:20 am

dena wrote:
    Roloman4 wrote:Woden is Odin, Woden is just the South Germanic name for Odin whereas Odin is the Scandinavian name.

You learn something new everyday. New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 2 631712

I was about to say this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:30 am