Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Theo Filippo
Jess
crump
Barton
Sean
Roloman4
Gegilworld93
Lux
SBSP
Ricardo
TheRangersFan
dena
16 posters

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

Anonymous

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage Empty New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:38 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/06/24/new.york.gay.marriage/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Congrats, dena. shifty
    dena
    dena

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage Empty Re: New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

Post by dena Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Now me and Armando can get hitched!!!!! Love

Proud of NY, equality for all, bitches.
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage Empty Re: New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

Post by TheRangersFan Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:50 pm

Only 6 states legalise this? I realised USA were behind, but I didn't think they were this far behind.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Same-sex marriage is not currently legal in the United Kingdom, so I don't know what you are talking about.
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:53 pm

We have a name for it, civil partnerships or something.

I'm not too sure as I am not a gay.

But I will wait for an apology in any case.

Last edited by TheRangersFan on Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:54 pm

Yeah they are, they're just called civil partnerships.

What's the law in Chicago?, finna propose to Derrick Rose.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:07 pm

I believe the US as a whole has civil unions but they do not carry the same rights as marriage, there is a huge difference.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:07 pm

http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-things-gay-people-are-going-to-hate-about-gay-marriage/

Thoughts?
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:12 pm

dena wrote:I believe the US as a whole has civil unions but they do not carry the same rights as marriage, there is a huge difference.

I 'unno, having a quick look on wiki suggests that there aree only a few states which allow this. Shocking considering the US is said to be a developed country. New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage 1371890812
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:14 pm

"But if gay marriage is legal? Wow, talk about erection poison. Picture it. You come home from a hard day of choreographing a Broadway show. Your boyfriend is in the kitchen cooking something gay, and you greet him with a kiss."

rofl
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:16 pm

TheRangersFan wrote:
    dena wrote:I believe the US as a whole has civil unions but they do not carry the same rights as marriage, there is a huge difference.

I 'unno, having a quick look on wiki suggests that there aree only a few states which allow this. Shocking considering the US is said to be a developed country. New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage 1371890812

Just glanced over it too, real 45 second google thing, I counted seven states. There are a lot of things shocking within this country considering we are a world power and highly developed but we will get there eventually, unfortunately it's politics as usual over here.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:17 pm

You know the real funny thing? In the homepage All I saw was a topic with "New York moves..."

And I was going to come in to post, "New York is fucking gay" regardless of the topic.

Whoa, guess New York really is gay. Neutral
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:24 pm

dena wrote:
    TheRangersFan wrote:

Just glanced over it too, real 45 second google thing, I counted seven states. There are a lot of things shocking within this country considering we are a world power and highly developed but we will get there eventually, unfortunately it's politics as usual over here.

Indeed, it seems as if the US is a very homophobic country in that respect. Waaaay behind most other developed countries... Crying or Very sad

I believe it has something to do with the fact that a stupidly high proportion of the US population belive in invisable men in the sky(although I don't want to start any religious debates here) Crying or Very sad

I just pray for the sake of society, that the US can overcome these problems, accept that there is no invisable men in the sky watching over them, and join the rest of society... Crying or Very sad
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Ché Guayaba wrote:You know the real funny thing? In the homepage All I saw was a topic with "New York moves..."

And I was going to come in to post, "New York is fucking gay" regardless of the topic.

rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:07 pm

Laughing
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:36 pm

Ché Guayaba wrote:You know the real funny thing? In the homepage All I saw was a topic with "New York moves..."

I did that......but thought New York had literally moved Run
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:55 pm

not good that they can have children Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:27 pm

Gegilworld93 wrote:not good that they can have children Neutral

Why?

Children are abused by their own parents, physically, mentally and sexually in some cases. Why should those parents deserve a child over a gay couple?

Get a grip and get your opinions back in the present day.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:38 pm

Surprise, Surprise, the 6 states are in the north of the country.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:16 am

Dan wrote:

Why?

Children are abused by their own parents, physically, mentally and sexually in some cases. Why should those parents deserve a child over a gay couple?

Who said gay parents wouldn't abuse their children?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:19 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Why?

Are you a retard?
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:29 am

Dan wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Why?

Are you a retard?
    No Ma'am
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:54 am

TheRangersFan wrote:
    dena wrote:
    TheRangersFan wrote:

Indeed, it seems as if the US is a very homophobic country in that respect. Waaaay behind most other developed countries... Crying or Very sad

I believe it has something to do with the fact that a stupidly high proportion of the US population belive in invisable men in the sky(although I don't want to start any religious debates here) Crying or Very sad

I just pray for the sake of society, that the US can overcome these problems, accept that there is no invisable men in the sky watching over them, and join the rest of society... Crying or Very sad

scratch
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:03 am

Disgraceful.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:24 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Why?

Are you a retard?
    No Ma'am

Then please explain what your point has to do with what I said.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:34 am

Dan wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Why?

Are you a retard?
    No Ma'am

Read it again, I just can't be arsed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:35 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Gegilworld93 wrote:

Are you a retard?
    No Ma'am

Read it again, I just can't be arsed.

I can't. I don't speak fluent moron.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:37 am

Gay people having kids is disgusting.

Would rather be beaten by my parents.
    inb4madness
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:51 am

This makes no sense, there is nothing to prove that homosexual couples are more likely to abuse their children than heterosexual couples, please, think.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:53 am

TheRangersFan wrote:
    dena wrote:
    TheRangersFan wrote:

You make it sound as if the United States employs some sort of feudal system, which is obviously not the case, the United States is the most technologically advanced country in the world, something you wouldn't expect from a country behind the rest of society.

I do agree with the idea that too many people in the US take religion way too seriously, but please, don't downplay the achievements of this country.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 am