Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Theo Filippo
Jess
crump
Barton
Sean
Roloman4
Gegilworld93
Lux
SBSP
Ricardo
TheRangersFan
dena
16 posters

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

Anonymous

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 9 Empty Re: New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:So nobody has answered me yet. If homosexual preference is natural, where is the gene that decides it?

Not everything natural is to do with genetics.

Then how what decides homosexual preference?

Who knows. There has been extensive research into it and no clear results. It isn't a choice, but you aren't born gay.

Maybe it's part of 'Gods plan'. He works in 'mysterious ways after all'.

So you aren't born gay and it's not a choice. think

Dan wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Who knows. There has been extensive research into it and no clear results. It isn't a choice, but you aren't born gay.

No clear results but you can say it isn't a choice.

scratch scratch

Because it plainly isn't a choice. You can't suddenly decide not to be gay.

I'm sure there are people out there who committed gay acts and decided not to be gay at one point in the future.
    Anonymous

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 9 Empty Re: New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

NZG wrote:Okay i'm going to post this again.

I don't believe being gay is a choice, It is a environmental thing.

Really?

That's fucking idiotic.

If that was true, then certain places would be filled with gay people, and others with straight people.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Alright, I'm sorry. I've got my views, and I find it hard to explain them. I don't mean to offend anyone. I'm just not good at defending my point of view. I don't have any problems with your opinions, and I'm sorry if I act ignorant. I am 100% serious with this post, and I'm done with this topic. I'll be watching the Gold Cup Final.

Last edited by SBSP on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

NZG wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    NZG wrote:

Didn't really elaborate but straight couples who don't want children aren't helping the continuation of our species as well.

I am elaborating.

You didn't answer my question. Are straight couples that choose not to have children just as bad as gay people?

define just as bad?

Do they deserve the same words said about them as gay people have in this thread?

I haven't said anything bad about gay people and i'm not 100% sure what has been posted in this thread so i can't answer this.

Nice swerve there mate.. think
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:55 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:So nobody has answered me yet. If homosexual preference is natural, where is the gene that decides it?

Dan wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

scratch scratch

I'm sure there are people out there who committed gay acts and decided not to be gay at one point in the future.

Like you?
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:55 pm

Dan wrote:
    Sean wrote:I swear , you people really make me question my faith.

Don't let it. Believe what you believe in. Don't let the ignorant opinions of other change that.

Yea, you're right. It's just, it's funny how something can completely turn you off a person,
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:55 pm

Dan wrote:

Don't let it. Believe what you believe in. Don't let the ignorant opinions of other change that.
    yeah

Religion is between you and god, don't let others influence it.

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

So if it isnt their fault why condemn them?

I haven't condemned them. I have already said they can do what they want in there in own homes, I just don't agree.

Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:56 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:

So you aren't born gay and it's not a choice. New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 9 214775

Dan wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

scratch scratch

Then they are denying who they are, they arnt chosing not to be gay, no way do they not feel homosexual feelings any more, they just dont act on them.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:56 pm

SBSP wrote:
    Forest wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Sean wrote:Thats different, they stuck by their Religion because of their salvation, because they believed it was the be all and end all of life. What exactly do Gay people earn?

The enjoyment of gay sex.

What a stupid answer Neutral

Do straight people only earn the enjoyment of straight sex then?
    No, they make babies. New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 9 386937 New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 9 58503

Yea the Gay's are immune to the worst STD of all!

I'm all for it, couldn't care about who or what you wanted to marry, it's a silly concept. There shouldn't be special rights for people who decide to marry or unionize or whatever you'd want to call it. Not saying i never will be married because of that standpoint, its a great celebration and all but you could just as easily have the celebration on your own and not having to get papers on it or it being legal. On one point i am confused about it is that some gay couples want to be married in churches and temples, but maybe thats just me, missing something in the whole religion thing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:57 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Dan wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

scratch scratch

The feelings would still exist. While the actions might not be there, the feelings would. You cannot help who you are attracted to.

Love is the most natural thing in the world. Are you telling me that love cannot exist between two members of the same sex?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Fine, ignore my apology. Dry Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:58 pm

Many gays commit suicide, because they have being hiding there sexuality, because they are ashamed of what others may think of them if they came out?

They don't choose to be gay.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:58 pm

Sean wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Yea, you're right. It's just, it's funny how something can completely turn you off a person,

Just like smoking. Simples
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:59 pm

No one is upset about how you put across your views SBSP, its those views you have I find repugnant, and you can't apologise for that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:59 pm

Sean wrote:
    Dan wrote:

I don't think any less of anyone in here. They believe what they believe in, while I think it is wrong and ignorant, I don't blame them for it. They've been brought up to believe this, that isn't their fault. That's the problem I have with religion, I see it as brainwashing.

No offence to anyone here, I've nothing against you.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Dan wrote:
    Sean wrote:
    Dan wrote:

I don't think any less of anyone in here. They believe what they believe in, while I think it is wrong and ignorant, I don't blame them for it. They've been brought up to believe this, that isn't their fault. That's the problem I have with religion, I see it as brainwashing.

clap
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Mr Leiva wrote:Many gays commit suicide, because they have being hiding there sexuality, because they are ashamed of what others may think of them if they came out?

They don't choose to be gay.

we said they do?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:01 pm

SBSP wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Sean wrote:
    Dan wrote:

clap

That sarcastic?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:01 pm

Dan wrote:
    SBSP wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Sean wrote:
    Dan wrote:

clap

That sarcastic?
    No, not at all. I respect your post.

If I were being sarcastic, I'd have put neuclap.

Last edited by SBSP on Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Not really Dan, if they believe it its their belief, they dont have to believe it if they dont think its correct
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:02 pm

That's healthy. Because if you continue with your faith after questioning it, you become stronger in that faith. If you decide to leave your faith, then you know that you didn't really believe in it to begin with.

Scott wrote:

Really?

That's fucking idiotic.

If that was true, then certain places would be filled with gay people, and others with straight people.

There are certain places that have a high gay population. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:06 pm

ahlycotc wrote:

That's healthy. Because if you continue with your faith after questioning it, you become stronger in that faith. If you decide to leave your faith, then you know that you didn't really believe in it to begin with.

Scott wrote:

Really?

That's fucking idiotic.

Got any evidence to back up this claim?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:08 pm

Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Dan wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    Dan wrote:

scratch scratch

The feelings would still exist. While the actions might not be there, the feelings would. You cannot help who you are attracted to.

Love is the most natural thing in the world. Are you telling me that love cannot exist between two members of the same sex?

I find Pique to be very handsome, he is a great football player, and if I personally knew him, I might enjoy his company. Doesn't mean I want to have sex with him. There is not wrong at all with finding someone physically attractive (even the same sex).
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:08 pm

Mr Leiva wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Scott wrote:

Really?

That's fucking idiotic.

San Francisco is the gay capital of the world, and Brighton is the gay capital of England
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:09 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

So you aren't born gay and it's not a choice. New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 9 214775

Dan wrote:
    NZG wrote:

scratch scratch

I find Pique to be very handsome, he is a great football player, and if I personally knew him, I might enjoy his company. Doesn't mean I want to have sex with him. There is not wrong at all with finding someone physically attractive (even the same sex).

But they would want to have sex with him, they just wouldnt follow through
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Just out of interest. As polygamy has been mentioned in here would you find it acceptable for a woman to have multiple husbands or is it solely one man to multiple wives.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:13 pm

Mr Leiva wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Scott wrote:

Really?

That's fucking idiotic.

I don't have the statistics, but cities are more likely to have a higher gay population than rural areas. Some states like New York and California have a higher gay population.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:25 pm

Coatsy wrote:Just out of interest. As polygamy has been mentioned in here would you find it acceptable for a woman to have multiple husbands or is it solely one man to multiple wives.

In Islam, only men can have a maximum of 4 wives at a time. Women can only marry one man at a time, but they can marry several during a lifetime. Here are some reasons why women are not allowed to marry more than one man at a time...

First of all, men were allowed to marry more than one woman at a time because the male population was decreasing due to deaths in war. Since the Muslim population was small in it's infancy, God permitted men to marry a maximum of 4 women at a time to increase the population. In order to marry more than one woman, a man had to treat each wive equally.

1) The identity of a child would be uncertain. This might not be a big deal these days with modern science, but it was in the past.

2) Since the main purpose of allowing multiple spouses was to increase the population, a woman with multiple men cannot have more babies than a man with multiple women. A woman is born with a certain number of eggs while a man can produce millions of sperm throughout his life.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:27 pm

I'm sure I can guess what the next comment will say.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:28 pm

SBSP wrote:I'm sure I can guess what the next comment will say.

What?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:10 pm