Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Theo Filippo
Jess
crump
Barton
Sean
Roloman4
Gegilworld93
Lux
SBSP
Ricardo
TheRangersFan
dena
16 posters

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

SBSP
    SBSP

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 10 Empty Re: New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:28 pm

Not telling. Snooty
    Anonymous

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 10 Empty Re: New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:29 pm

SBSP wrote:Not telling. Snooty

PM me. Laughing
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Obviously there is the practical element derived from war etc but in modern society these are seemingly insignificant barriers towards women having multiple husbands. So what i'm asking is are these double standards in modern society acceptable?
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 pm

SBSP wrote:Not telling. New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 10 727917

Were you right? What a Face
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Not really. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:38 pm

Coatsy wrote:Obviously there is the practical element derived from war etc but in modern society these are seemingly insignificant barriers towards women having multiple husbands. So what i'm asking is are these double standards in modern society acceptable?

I'm not sure if I understand your question. Are you saying it's double standards to allow men to have multiple wives, but not allow women to have multiple husbands? If that's the case, I already explained the reasons as to why there is inequality.
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:42 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Coatsy wrote:Obviously there is the practical element derived from war etc but in modern society these are seemingly insignificant barriers towards women having multiple husbands. So what i'm asking is are these double standards in modern society acceptable?

I'm not sure if I understand your question. Are you saying it's double standards to allow men to have multiple wives, but not allow women to have multiple husbands? If that's the case, I already explained the reasons as to why there is inequality.

Yeah but those reasons are hardly relevant to modern society. So what i'm asking is it acceptable for inequalities based on sex in modern society.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:43 pm

Coatsy wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Yeah but those reasons are hardly relevant to modern society. So what i'm asking is it acceptable for inequalities based on sex in modern society.

The first reason may not be relevant to modern society, but what about the second one?
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:45 pm

Check your messages Crazy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Hold on, I'm watching us getting raped by Mexico. Sad
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:47 pm

ahlycotc wrote:Hold on, I'm watching us getting raped by Mexico. Sad
    That goal. wank 2
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:52 pm

Perhaps it is,however that would state that one womans thousands of eggs isn't enough for one man. Is one guy going to have thousands of Children?No didn't think so it all seems somewhat excessive. And yes I know if you have four wives you can get them all pregnant at the same time and get four kids for time of one yet it can be deemed that much of the world is now overpopulated.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Coatsy wrote:Perhaps it is,however that would state that one womans thousands of eggs isn't enough for one man. Is one guy going to have thousands of Children?No didn't think so it all seems somewhat excessive. And yes I know if you have four wives you can get them all pregnant at the same time and get four kids for time of one yet it can be deemed that much of the world is now overpopulated.

Yeah. I didn't say Islam forced men to marry more than one wife. I just said it gave them the permission when needed. First, it gave us the permission because it was necessary to keep the population growing while in times of war. The reason God did not take away that right later is because it might be necessary to grow the population again in the future.

I'm not sure what you meant by "one womans thousands of eggs isn't enough for one man". A woman can only produce a certain number of eggs. This number is small (1-15). A man can technically provide enough sperm for each egg a woman has.
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:16 pm

A woman is born with million of eggs,this slowly depletes over time to around 300,000 at puberty obviously depleting as they age. Whether you mean that only 15 can be fertilised throughout her life then fair enough but there are women who have 20-30 pregnancies resulting in 60+ children which to me seems plenty to me. Anyway, I understand why it is in place just wanted to question Islamic reasoning as to why it is acceptable still for polygamy to be in place despite it to me atleast not being required in modern society and to me seemingly unfair.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Coatsy wrote:A woman is born with million of eggs,this slowly depletes over time to around 300,000 at puberty obviously depleting as they age. Whether you mean that only 15 can be fertilised throughout her life then fair enough but there are women who have 20-30 pregnancies resulting in 60+ children which to me seems plenty to me. Anyway, I understand why it is in place just wanted to question Islamic reasoning as to why it is acceptable still for polygamy to be in place despite it to me atleast not being required in modern society and to me seemingly unfair.

Like I said, it might be required in the future. We could have a big disaster that clears out a huge percentage of the population. The fastest way to increase the population again is to have multiple women for each man. But typically, having multiple wives is not recommended. As I said before, it requires treating each wife equally which is very difficult to do.
    Cristiano
    Cristiano

Formerly known as : NiTRO
    Supports : Real Madrid

Post by Cristiano Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:42 pm

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 10 Tumblr_lndjcvajXH1qf6f8mo1_500 rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:43 pm

NiTRO wrote:New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 10 Tumblr_lndjcvajXH1qf6f8mo1_500 rofl

rofl
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:50 pm

Ahmed, NZG, and Abraar obviously don't understand that homosexuality is primarily biological.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Roloman4 wrote:Ahmed, NZG, and Abraar obviously don't understand that homosexuality is primarily biological.

I really don't feel like going through this again. But just go ahead and post your biological and scientific proof.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:56 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Roloman4 wrote:Ahmed, NZG, and Abraar obviously don't understand that homosexuality is primarily biological.

I really don't feel like going through this again. But just go ahead and post your biological and scientific proof.

One.
    http://www.boston.com/news/science/articles/2003/12/02/the_biological_basis_of_homosexuality/

Two.
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3008-homosexuality-is-biological-suggests-gay-sheep-study.html

Three.
    http://sexualhealth.e-healthsource.com/?p=news1&id=533470

Four.
    http://www.skeptictank.org/gaygene.htm

And hundreds more if you look.

Why would any child choose to be hated by the more ignorant factions of society, such as yourself?

SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:57 pm

New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 10 Not-this-again
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:59 pm

SBSP wrote:New York moves to become 6th state to legalize gay marriage - Page 10 Not-this-again

Pardon me for just coming back from a pleasant night out and being shocked at you two's aberrant lack of humanity.

SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:04 pm

You should know better than to start something that's cooled off.

In other news: Gio dos Santos. Dance
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Roloman4 wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

One.
    http://www.boston.com/news/science/articles/2003/12/02/the_biological_basis_of_homosexuality/

Two.
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3008-homosexuality-is-biological-suggests-gay-sheep-study.html

Three.
    http://sexualhealth.e-healthsource.com/?p=news1&id=533470

Four.
    http://www.skeptictank.org/gaygene.htm

And hundreds more if you look.

Why would any child choose to be hated by the more ignorant factions of society, such as yourself?

So by a quick glance, I see that many of these studies are done on animals like mice and sheep. That doesn't mean the same applies to humans. Also, some of theses studies can't be taken seriously...

"Adding to the theory that homosexuality may be hardwired and not the product of environmental factors, new research again confirms that the more older brothers a male has, the more likely he is to be gay." Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Gay people are gay.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:38 pm

kyro7 wrote:Gay people are gay.
    Laughing

Okay, I'm going to make one last post in here, and I've put some thought into it. I'm going to compare homosexuality to drinking alcohol. Both are forbidden in my religion. I don't agree with either, but I don't have a problem with other people engaging in them. I wouldn't do either (save a life-or-death situation), but I'm not going to go out of my way to prevent others from doing them.

I hope that makes sense. Dry Smile
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:39 pm

Ok Arbraar, I know things got heated in here, Im sorry, I dont think any less of you as a person, we'll just agree to disagree
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Don't be silly Abraar, STONE THE POOFS.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:42 pm

I need to learn to not respond to these topics. Dry Smile

Kyro. rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:19 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Then how what decides homosexual preference?

Who knows. There has been extensive research into it and no clear results. It isn't a choice, but you aren't born gay.

Maybe it's part of 'Gods plan'. He works in 'mysterious ways after all'.

So you aren't born gay and it's not a choice. think

Dan wrote:
    NZG wrote:

No clear results but you can say it isn't a choice.

scratch scratch

Because it plainly isn't a choice. You can't suddenly decide not to be gay.

I'm sure there are people out there who committed gay acts and decided not to be gay at one point in the future.

The feelings would still exist. While the actions might not be there, the feelings would. You cannot help who you are attracted to.

Love is the most natural thing in the world. Are you telling me that love cannot exist between two members of the same sex?

I find Pique to be very handsome, he is a great football player, and if I personally knew him, I might enjoy his company. Doesn't mean I want to have sex with him. There is not wrong at all with finding someone physically attractive (even the same sex).

I'm talking about love. Not physical attraction. It's completely different.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:08 am