Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Mustangt125
El_indian
dena
Childish Logic
RubyArmyCTFC
Grenade
VivaRonaldoLAD
ResurrectionRooney
Scuba Steve
Harrold
Benitez
ayvee1
Weather130
Gegilworld93
Jordi
Mal
YukiAbe1996
Ham.
Laurencio
Kuled
Ki
25 posters

73 dead as fans riot in Egypt

Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

73 dead as fans riot in Egypt - Page 3 Empty Re: 73 dead as fans riot in Egypt

Post by Jordi Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:03 am

Grenade wrote:A guy on EA said his disabled uncle who was trying to escape from all the carnage got beaten up and whacked in the head with a bar is in critical condition 73 dead as fans riot in Egypt - Page 3 1371890812
    Oh my god. Neutral
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:04 am

Grenade wrote:A guy on EA said his disabled uncle who was trying to escape from all the carnage got beaten up and whacked in the head with a bar is in critical condition 73 dead as fans riot in Egypt - Page 3 1371890812
    Fuck that's sad.

Link?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:05 am

wow this is terrible Sad RIP to all of those who died, Masri must be severely punished for this, this is horrible
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:16 am

Ramalalaharivololona wrote:Rioters rest in peace? lol yeah right.

The people who died weren't rioters, you idiot.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:22 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Ramalalaharivololona wrote:Rioters rest in peace? lol yeah right.

Every single one of them? I find that hard to believe.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:25 am

Ramalalaharivololona wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Every single one of them? I find that hard to believe.

Most of the deaths were Ahly fans, who were attacked by Masry fans. I don't know if any Masry fans were killed in retaliation, but if there were it was probably less than 10. Some security forces were also reported dead after being attacked by Masry fans.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:26 am

How comes the Ahly fans went on the pitch?
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:27 am

R.I.P to all the innocent people who died. I don't really have any sympathy to anyone who died whilst rioting however.

-

Also, can't these trolls be banned? I remember the same people being disrespectful when Gary Speed died. The forum would be better off without members like this.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:30 am

Benitez wrote:
    Agreed, i don't know how Ramalalaharivololona is still here facepalm

You're such a hypocrite. Stop getting involved when you have said way worse. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:33 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:How comes the Ahly fans went on the pitch?

They weren't. Those were Masry fans.
    It says people were killed on the pitch.. surely they must have gone on it too?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:38 am

kyro7 wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

They weren't. Those were Masry fans.
    It says people were killed on the pitch.. surely they must have gone on it too?

In the video, it was the Masry fans running onto the pitch. They tried to attack the Ahly players. Later some of the Ahly fans tried to get safety in the Ahly dressing room. The rest were cornered in the stands.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:41 am

A reflection of the political and social instability that Egypt is facing right now. This match was just the catalyst.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:44 am

FIFA president Sepp Blatter expressed the world football governing body's grief for the catastrophic events that marred Ahli’s league game with Masri on Wednesday.

Over 70 supporters were killed after deadly clashes organized by the home fans at Port-Said Stadium, following the home side’s win over the league holders.

"I am very shocked and saddened to learn this evening that a large number of football supporters have died or been injured following a match in Port Said, Egypt," Blatter said in a statement on FIFA’s website.

"My thoughts are with the families of those who have lost their lives this evening.

"This is a black day for football. Such a catastrophic situation is unimaginable and should not happen."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 am

RIP
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:09 am

This is just crazy, after all that has happend in Egypt.

RIP.

---

It was here on 3 news.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:27 am

I heard the Egyptian ministry has called an emergency meeting?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 am

Laurencio wrote:I heard the Egyptian ministry has called an emergency meeting?

They were going to hold a debate, tomorrow. GMT time. shifty
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 am

Soon after the violence, a match in the Cairo stadium between Al-Ismailiya and Zamalek was called off in mourning for the dead. State TV showed video of sections of the Cairo stadium on fire.

The announcer said angry fans of Zamalek had protested at the cancellation and set alight to some sections of the stadium.

So after hearing the league is cancelled due to violence, they light the stadium on fire. That's messed up.

Last edited by Laurencio on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Post by Benitez Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:32 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Soon after the violence, a match in the Cairo stadium between Al-Ismailiya and Zamalek was called off in mourning for the dead. State TV showed video of sections of the Cairo stadium on fire.

The announcer said angry fans of Zamalek had protested at the cancellation and set alight to some sections of the stadium.

So after hearing the league is cancled due to violence, they light the stadium on fire. That's messed up.

They probably didn't understand why it was cancelled and got angry
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:33 am

Laurencio wrote:

So after hearing the league is cancled due to violence, they light the stadium on fire. That's messed up.

Some Zamalek fans got angry over the match being cancelled, so they started a small fire. It wasn't anything big.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:34 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

Some Zamalek fans got angry over the match being cancelled, so they started a small fire. It wasn't anything big.

Ah...

I had no idea Egypt was this violent when it came to foobtall.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:38 am

League definitely needs to be suspended for some time as a cooling period. Would it be possible to pull a Fernabahce and only allow in women and children? As for that team with the rioters, relegate those cretins.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 am

Laurencio wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Ah...

I had no idea Egypt was this violent when it came to foobtall.

It's always been more violent than compared to say England. But there's never been anything like what happened today before. With little to no security in the country, people are going to go crazy.

Billy Davies wrote:I don't think she should be banned. I don't think anyone should be banned.

I think people that call for others to be banned are highly pathetic.

If people aren't banned, it leads to chaos. That's the whole reason this forum is going down the drain. People act disrespectful and troll and rarely get punished. If anything, this forum needs to take a harder stance against trolls and the such.
    Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Post by Benitez Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:League definitely needs to be suspended for some time as a cooling period. Would it be possible to pull a Fernabahce and only allow in women and children? As for that team with the rioters, relegate those cretins.

Agreed, although it would be unfair on the club to suffer because of those fans
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 am

Billy Davies wrote:I don't think she should be banned. I don't think anyone should be banned.

I think people that call for others to be banned are highly pathetic.

Allright then.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:40 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:League definitely needs to be suspended for some time as a cooling period. Would it be possible to pull a Fernabahce and only allow in women and children? As for that team with the rioters, relegate those cretins.

All you'll see is 50,000 floating pairs of eye balls Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:41 am

Billy Davies wrote:

All you'll see is 50,000 floating pairs of eye balls Laughing

Can't even get the right country. That's Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:41 am

Benitez wrote:

Agreed, although it would be unfair on the club to suffer because of those fans

Club has to take some blame since it should be aware of its hooligans. Our club payed the price for Heysel, to a degree.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:42 am

Ramalalaharivololona wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:If people aren't banned, it leads to chaos. That's the whole reason this forum is going down the drain. People act disrespectful and troll and rarely get punished. If anything, this forum needs to take a harder stance against trolls and the such.

It's too late for that.

It's never too late for anything. By sitting back and not doing anything, more people will start acting up because they know there are no consequences.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:42 am

Off topic posts deleted.

This is a final warning, if this thread can't stay on topic then there's no choice but to close it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:20 am