Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
dena
Harrold
VivaRonaldoLAD
ResurrectionRooney
SBSP
Scuba Steve
10 posters

Should Egypt be Forced to Play with their Senior Team?

Anonymous

Should Egypt be Forced to Play with their Senior Team? Empty Should Egypt be Forced to Play with their Senior Team?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:04 am

Egypt lost to Sierra Leone yesterday and are out of the African Cup of Nations. South Africa lost to Niger and now South Africa must beat Sierra Leone in the final match of the qualifying group to qualify. Egypt decided to play their last two matches with their U-20 team and South Africa have not been happy about that decision since they are still in the race with Niger and Sierra Leone. They will surely be more vocal in the last match since South Africa is in danger of missing out.

Should Egypt be forced to play with their senior team in the last qualifying match?
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Should Egypt be Forced to Play with their Senior Team? Empty Re: Should Egypt be Forced to Play with their Senior Team?

Post by Scuba Steve Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:07 am

Why you no hire Bob Bradley though? Bradley = automatic qualification.

And no, they should be able to pick whomever they please.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Should Egypt be Forced to Play with their Senior Team? Empty Re: Should Egypt be Forced to Play with their Senior Team?

Post by SBSP Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:07 am

Yes.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:09 am

Scuba Steve wrote:Why you no hire Bob Bradley though? Bradley = automatic qualification.

And no, they should be able to pick whomever they please.

I don't know what the deal is right now. The EFA have promoted the U20 team and coaching staff to the senior team for the last two matches. Bob Bradley looked set for the job and it was supposed to be officially announced this week. Maybe they are waiting after the African Cup of Qualifications has ended.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:14 am

Conceding qualification like that though?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:17 am

The manager decides which players to field and which players to not field.

If Egypt wants to play an U-20 squad, than they should be allowed to.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:07 am

Scuba Steve wrote:Conceding qualification like that though?

We were virtually out of it before the Sierra Leone game though. We had to win our 2 matches left and hope for a miracle.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:09 am

It is a disgrace to do that, a fucking complete disgrace. You can't force them to play their full side, but they should be banned from the next tournament if they take the piss.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:24 am

If I could quote the great Ian Holloway

"Who are they, to tell me how to play my team".

/thread.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:25 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It is a disgrace to do that, a fucking complete disgrace. You can't force them to play their full side, but they should be banned from the next tournament if they take the piss.

Alright Didier, calm down.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:26 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:If I could quote the great Ian Holloway

/thread.

Ian Holloway is an arrogant, stupid prick, he completely missed the point of his club being fined, and he didn't follow through on his threat to resign. I saw him in the Sunday Mirror last week giving Jose The Special One Mourinho advice on how to be a more successful football manager.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:28 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:

/thread.

Ian Holloway is an arrogant, stupid prick, he completely missed the point of his club being fined, and he didn't follow through on his threat to resign. I saw him in the Sunday Mirror last week giving Jose The Special One Mourinho advice on how to be a more successful football manager.

His club were fined for fielding a weakened side, even though the players were part of his 25man squad iirc.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:39 am

No. They can field who they want. If the under-20s got promoted to the first team then they can play.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:40 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It is a disgrace to do that, a fucking complete disgrace. You can't force them to play their full side, but they should be banned from the next tournament if they take the piss.

They aren't playing with their U20 team to take the piss. First of all, the senior team hasn't been doing any better on the field. They haven't won a single match. More importantly, the FA wanted to take this opportunity to give the U20 team a challenge seeing as several of those players will be promoted to the senior team soon. The national team is in a transition right now.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Post by Harrold Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:45 am

Didn't Eygpt win the last four ACON?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:46 am

Mutant123 wrote:Didn't Eygpt win the last four ACON?

Last 3
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:00 am

The fuck happened to you guys? Neutral
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:11 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:

/thread.

His club were fined for fielding a weakened side, even though the players were part of his 25man squad iirc.
    Yeah, and rightly so. It's because of morons like him and Mick McCarthy that sheep like you don't understand why it was though. I explained at the time why his club was deservedly fined. FYI, they weren't all from his 25 man squad, here is the thread why I explain why you're wrong.

http://www.the-playmaker.com/t2785-blackpool-fined-for-fielding-weak-team

ahlycotc wrote:

They aren't playing with their U20 team to take the piss. First of all, the senior team hasn't been doing any better on the field. They haven't won a single match. More importantly, the FA wanted to take this opportunity to give the U20 team a challenge seeing as several of those players will be promoted to the senior team soon. The national team is in a transition right now.
    I don't care if they're doing it to take the piss, I care if they're putting out a team which makes a mockery of the competition by handing unfair advantages to other teams because they're already out and they don't give a damn. If they are going to compete they should respect the competition, and if they're not going to do tat they should be thrown out.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Post by Harrold Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:38 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Mutant123 wrote:Didn't Eygpt win the last four ACON?

Last 3

dena wrote:The fuck happened to you guys? Neutral
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:42 am

1 2 3 Vive L'Algerie.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:45 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:

/thread.

Yeah, and rightly so. It's because of morons like him and Mick McCarthy that sheep like you don't understand why it was though. I explained at the time why his club was deservedly fined. FYI, they weren't all from his 25 man squad, here is the thread why I explain why you're wrong.

Didnt really explain much tbf, he named a 25man squad, and hes allowed play players from that list. Under21s dont count.. do you have the squad he played that game?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:50 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

/thread.

Didnt really explain much tbf, he named a 25man squad, and hes allowed play players from that list. Under21s dont count.. do you have the squad he played that game?

No, you go and find it if you want it.

It is essential for the integrity of the League that every side plays as strong a side as possible in every fixture, irrespective of what other priorities they have. If a club decides to play a weak squad against one team, then it is giving all of that team's rivals an unfair advantage. The 25 man squad rule has nothing to do with this.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:19 am

The rule obviously does have something to do with it. Whats the point of naming the squad if your not allowed use certain players whenever you want?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:24 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:The rule obviously does have something to do with it. Whats the point of naming the squad if your not allowed use certain players whenever you want?

No it doesn't, the weakened team rules related to the integrity of the League and preceded the 25 man squad rule, which related to youth development and wage inflation.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:25 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:The rule obviously does have something to do with it. Whats the point of naming the squad if your not allowed use certain players whenever you want?

No it doesn't, the weakened team rules related to the integrity of the League and preceded the 25 man squad rule, which related to youth development and wage inflation.

well then the weakened team rule basically contradicts the 25man squad rule.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:28 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:

It didn't contradict it all, the rules were perfectly compatible. All being in the 25 man squad rule shows is that a player is one of the top 25 over 21 players in the team, that doesn't make it impossible to field a weakened team.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:31 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:

It didn't contradict it all, the rules were perfectly compatible. All being in the 25 man squad rule shows is that a player is one of the top 25 over 21 players in the team, that doesn't make it impossible to field a weakened team.

Yeah I understand that, but I find it pathetic that you fine someone for using players from a squad he had to name.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:34 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

Yeah I understand that, but I find it pathetic that you fine someone for using players from a squad he had to name.

You would, as I said initially, you are a sheep. Holloway and a few pundits you like talk negatively about a rule you don't understand, and you come up with a crappy rationalisation for why they're right. I bet you're religious.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:39 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

You would, as I said initially, you are a sheep. Holloway and a few pundits you like talk negatively about a rule you don't understand, and you come up with a crappy rationalisation for why they're right. I bet you're religious.

Stop making assumptions about pundits or managers I like, because I dont base my views of any of them. and no I'm not religious so you can put that assumption away too. You are still yet to explain why its logical to fine someone for fielding players he had to name in his squad.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:43 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

Stop making assumptions about pundits or managers I like, because I dont base my views of any of them. and no I'm not religious so you can put that assumption away too. You are still yet to explain why its logical to fine someone for fielding players he had to name in his squad.

The squad is irrelevant. Fielding a weakened team was punishable because it is damaging to the integrity of the League, because it gives the team you are playing an advantage over it's closest rivals in the League.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:23 am