Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
dena
Childish Logic
Mustangt125
Weather130
8 posters

Bradley signs Egypt deal

Weather130
    Weather130

Bradley signs Egypt deal Empty Bradley signs Egypt deal

Post by Weather130 Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Former USA coach Bob Bradley on Thursday put pen to paper on a deal to coach Egypt with the aim of taking the Pharoahs to the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ finals in Brazil.

Bradley, 53, takes over from Hassan Shehata who led Egypt to three CAF Africa Cup of Nations titles, but failed to qualify them for the 2012 edition in Equatorial Guinea and Gabon after seven years in charge of the team.

The American, who himself was dismissed as USA coach in July after more than four years in charge, has been charged with the daunting task of rebuilding the Egyptian squad and end the country's two-decade long wait for an appearance at the FIFA World Cup™.

Bradley signs Egypt deal Quote The Americans are more professional than their Egyptian counterparts, but the Egyptians are more talented.
    Bradley signs Egypt deal Quote_reverse Bob Bradley on Egypt

“I know Egyptian fans are eager to watch their national team in World Cup action after a lengthy absence,” Bradley told CNN Arabic. “Egyptian Football Association chairman Samir Zaher talked to me about that and stressed that playing in the World Cup represents the main objective,” he added. “I’m sure I can fulfil it.”

While coaching the Stars and Stripes, Bradley faced Egypt in the 2009 Confederations Cup, a match in which the United States won convincingly.

“I know that there’s a big difference between Egyptian and American players,” Bradley said in a recent interview with CNN Arabic. “The Americans are more professional than their Egyptian counterparts, but the Egyptians are more talented."

“I have been following the Egyptian national team since the Confederations Cup,” Bradley said. “I know they have very good abilities, which helped them win the Nations Cup three times on the trot.”

So I have to ask is Bob Bradley the right man for Egypt? I know that we have an expert on this national team so I am curious to what other people think about this deal.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Bradley signs Egypt deal Empty Re: Bradley signs Egypt deal

Post by Mustangt125 Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:29 pm

I doubt it, they will all be furious that an American is their coach and start another revolution
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:I doubt it, they will all be furious that an American is their coach and start another revolution

u mad?

Egypt have a great coach with them. now.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:32 pm

NZG wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:I doubt it, they will all be furious that an American is their coach and start another revolution

u mad?

Why would I be mad? Egypt blows.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:34 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:
    NZG wrote:

u mad?

Bradley signs Egypt deal File.php?2,file=31960,filename=HeMadLando

I would be mad as well if my national team fired one hell of a manager and egypt picks him up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:20 pm

profesionalism is indeed a important aspect. those sleezy egyptians getting robbed by their own prostitutes, bradley will surely change these things
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:24 pm

African teams always seem to have bad attitudes and dodgy keepers. That's what I think whenever someone mentions African football.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:28 pm

africans Bradley signs Egypt deal 58503

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:31 pm

Embarassed
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:53 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:
    NZG wrote:

u mad?

They were in the top 10 of the FIFA rankings for a couple of years. They have won the past three African Cups of Nations so they hardly "blow".
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:49 am

Big deal to see an American coach abroad and not in the America's. Do ya thang Bradley.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:12 am

Think he's wasting his talents really Bradley signs Egypt deal 894246
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:40 am

I have my doubts about him. It's going to be hard to win over the squad, press, and fans when you are a foreigner. It has nothing to do with him being American. If you know anything about Egyptians, they actually respect Americans more than anyone.

ESPN Soccernet had a good article about this appointment...
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/960711/africa-report-special:-the-seven-keys-to-success-for-bob-bradley?cc=5901

Egyptian players have all the talent they need to qualify for the World Cup each time. The biggest problems with getting to the World Cup is complacency and professionalism.

Egypt manage to put up great battles against powerhouses like Brazil, Italy, Ghana, and Ivory Coast. However, too often you see them drop points against teams like Sierra Leone, Niger, Burundi, Sudan, and Libya. Egyptians need to learn to play hard in every match, no matter the opponent. I think Bob Bradley can provide that discipline.

Egyptians are too emotional when it comes to soccer and are easily affected by the press and opponents. There is no great example than the time against Algeria. Egypt should have easily qualified to the 2010 WC, but they let Algeria's mind games get to the better of them. The Egyptian press made it even worse.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:37 am

It'll be a challenge, and it will be interesting to watch how he does there.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:47 am

ahlycotc wrote:I have my doubts about him. It's going to be hard to win over the squad, press, and fans when you are a foreigner. It has nothing to do with him being American. If you know anything about Egyptians, they actually respect Americans more than anyone.

ESPN Soccernet had a good article about this appointment...
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/960711/africa-report-special:-the-seven-keys-to-success-for-bob-bradley?cc=5901

Egyptian players have all the talent they need to qualify for the World Cup each time. The biggest problems with getting to the World Cup is complacency and professionalism.

Egypt manage to put up great battles against powerhouses like Brazil, Italy, Ghana, and Ivory Coast. However, too often you see them drop points against teams like Sierra Leone, Niger, Burundi, Sudan, and Libya. Egyptians need to learn to play hard in every match, no matter the opponent. I think Bob Bradley can provide that discipline.

Egyptians are too emotional when it comes to soccer and are easily affected by the press and opponents. There is no great example than the time against Algeria. Egypt should have easily qualified to the 2010 WC, but they let Algeria's mind games get to the better of them. The Egyptian press made it even worse.

If you want to stripe emotion out of football Bob Bradley is your mang.

Bradley signs Egypt deal Bob-Bradley-Emotionless
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:29 am

Great Country to take over not worthy
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:50 am

BladeGunner14 wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:

They were in the top 10 of the FIFA rankings for a couple of years. They have won the past three African Cups of Nations so they hardly "blow".

no they blow. All African teams blow. Africa will never win a world cup.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:56 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    BladeGunner14 wrote:

Is that how you measure whether a team is good or not? By that rationale, Tottenham blow because they will never win the Champions League or the Premier League.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:13 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    BladeGunner14 wrote:

Bradley signs Egypt deal Ghana_u20worldcup
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:01 pm

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    BladeGunner14 wrote:

I want to respond to you saying ghana is a much better team than england and a few teams in africa can give england a challenge but i don't see the point. You think that spurs strikers are better than pato.

You have no hope.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:23 am