Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Mustangt125
El_indian
dena
Childish Logic
RubyArmyCTFC
Grenade
VivaRonaldoLAD
ResurrectionRooney
Scuba Steve
Harrold
Benitez
ayvee1
Weather130
Gegilworld93
Jordi
Mal
YukiAbe1996
Ham.
Laurencio
Kuled
Ki
25 posters

73 dead as fans riot in Egypt

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

73 dead as fans riot in Egypt - Page 6 Empty Re: 73 dead as fans riot in Egypt

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:27 pm

What Chris is saying, it's not racism, it's national criticism.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:28 pm

It's xenophobic.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:30 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:What Chris is saying, it's not racism, it's national criticism.

Whatever it is, it is idiotic and it's definitely not worth a response.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Not at all, it's criticism of one particular nationality. Xenophobia is fear of foreigners in general.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:31 pm

"Our train was pelted with rocks in Ismailia but we are used to that. It’s normal for the train or bus to be attacked when it is on its way from one province to another," Ghaffar said.

"The train broke down so we got out at a station right before Port Said to take the bus because we knew that they prepared an ambush for us at the train station," he said.

Ghaffar said the rock throwing never stopped even as they reached Port Said.

"When we saw these numbers coming towards the bleachers, we knew we wouldn’t be able to deal with them, so we started running towards the hallways to reach the stadium exits. These hallways should have been opened for us to leave but they were closed by the army from the outside," Ghaffar said.

This is a part of an article already that was posted but I really think the first sentence here is quite sad. It is really shocling to me that some of this can be considered normal.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:32 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Not at all, it's criticism of one particular nationality. Xenophobia is fear of foreigners in general.

So what's your point? That's okay to make such statements against Egyptians because the actions of a few? I know you are smarter than that. Call it whatever you want, it's wrong.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:36 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Not at all, it's criticism of one particular nationality. Xenophobia is fear of foreigners in general.

So what's your point? That's okay to make such statements against Egyptians because the actions of a few? I know you are smarter than that. Call it whatever you want, it's wrong.

I call it national criticism, and it is normal for some nations' people to be perceived as having a particular character - the English drink tea, the Dutch wear clogs, the Egyptians rape journalists.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:36 pm

She was caught in the midst of a group of thugs, which noticed that her camera had died. They called her a Jew and pounced on her...that's the background story from what I've read.

Few other things I want to mention though:

A) People did help her, which proves that not all Egyptians are "vile"

B) There were probably plenty of crazy individuals at those protests e.g. football ultras, random degenerates that more than likely there to raise hell now that a thirty year-old regime had been toppled, and possibly even Mubarak loyalists that wanted the average protesters to be portrayed in a negative light. Nonetheless, these groups of idiots were outnumbered by sane individuals at the protest. However, this particular reporter was caught in no mans land.

C) I'm personally not comfortable with judging a whole group of people and/or nation based off of the actions of an element of thugs.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:38 pm

It's true ilJuventino, there are some rare Egyptians who are good people.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:40 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

I call it national criticism, and it is normal for some nations' people to be perceived as having a particular character - the English drink tea, the Dutch wear clogs, the Egyptians rape journalists.

Really? Because of one example? Fabulous logic.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:40 pm

BladeGunner wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:What Chris is saying, it's not racism, it's national criticism.

Nope, its fact.

ahlycotc wrote:

In that situation it wasn't the actions of a few. It was the actions of any Egyptian man who could get his hands on her.

Disgusting people. Calling all egyptians vile is over the top yes but in general from what i've seen of that country the majority of men are horrible, disgusting people.
    Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Post by Benitez Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Chris wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

Nope, its fact.

ahlycotc wrote:

In that situation it wasn't the actions of a few. It was the actions of any Egyptian man who could get his hands on her.

Disgusting people. Calling all egyptians vile is over the top yes but in general from what i've seen of that country the majority of men are horrible, disgusting people.

Can say the same about british
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:41 pm

BladeGunner wrote:

Watch the interviews, dozens of journalists were attacked, even last night Egyptian football fans were going around murdering people after they won a football match.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Support your argument Benitez.
    Benitez
    Benitez

Post by Benitez Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Chris wrote:Support your argument Benitez.

No, it is fact
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Can't believe Chris and RR. facepalm Is this the kind of forum we are running now? Are we going to allow trolls and racists?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:45 pm

ahlycotc wrote:Can't believe Chris and RR. facepalm Is this the kind of forum we are running now? Are we going to allow trolls and racists?

I'm already explained, dick head, it's not racism, the Egyptians are not a race. According to a 60 minutes interview all you have to do in an Egyptian crowd is say someone is a Jew or an Israeli and they will try to murder them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:45 pm

BladeGunner wrote:

Watch the interviews, dozens of journalists were attacked, even last night Egyptian football fans were going around murdering people after they won a football match.

I was addressing your claim that Egyptian people possess a certain character of raping journalists, which there is only one example of. As for the other stuff, there are a plethora of factors you're not talking into consideration and you know it too, you just feel like being a twat.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Benitez wrote:
    Chris wrote:Support your argument Benitez.

No, it is fact
    As I thought, nothing to support your stance.

ahlycotc wrote:Can't believe Chris and RR. facepalm Is this the kind of forum we are running now? Are we going to allow trolls and racists?
    Show evidence of trolling/racism from me.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:46 pm

And by the way Ahly, if you want to talk about racism, why not talk about the guy who said Super Mario grabs coins like a Jew and jumps like a black man? Oh yeah, because then you'd be exposing yourself as an anti-semite. Wanker.

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:46 pm

I don't care about the argument regarding whether Egyptians are rapists, but it isn't wrong to criticize aspects of people's culture.

It is like how I came under fire for simply stating the fact that African American culture is more violent than others and have this kind of alpha male mentality where they think they can fight simply because of their race.
    Benitez
    Benitez

Post by Benitez Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:48 pm

RR don't turn to personal insults on Ahly cause you can't win an argument.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:48 pm

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:I don't care about the argument regarding whether Egyptians are rapists, but it isn't wrong to criticize aspects of people's culture.

It is like how I came under fire for simply stating the fact that African American culture is more violent than others and have this kind of alpha male mentality where they think they can fight simply because of their race.

And you rightfully got under fire. Making assumptions and criticizing a whole race/nationality because of your bias personal views is disgusting.
    Benitez
    Benitez

Post by Benitez Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Chris wrote:
    Benitez wrote:

No, it is fact

Look how many people british killed in the wars, i bet they raped german women too.

It's a known fact most british are horrible people because of the way they are brought up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:49 pm

ahlycotc wrote:73 dead as fans riot in Egypt - Page 6 427100_10151243791670361_658655360_22556906_2020832004_n

Who are you calling a racist ahly? RR is correct.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:50 pm

I posted a picture about racism/stereotypes that had a funny undertone about it. How does that make me racist?

Last edited by ahlycotc on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Benitez
    Benitez

Post by Benitez Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Chris wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:73 dead as fans riot in Egypt - Page 6 427100_10151243791670361_658655360_22556906_2020832004_n

Who are you calling a racist ahly? RR is correct.

That picture is clearly a joke, did he make it? No

I guess Kyro has no hand cause he posted a picture of a guy with his hand chopped off?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Benitez wrote:
    Chris wrote:

Look how many people british killed in the wars, i bet they raped german women too.

It's a known fact most british are horrible people because of the way they are brought up.
    To be honest saying "I bet" is quite laughable when trying to support an argument.

Im talking about present day anyway, I don't doubt for example in the 1700's English people used to murder each other in disgusting ways in huge groups etc.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:51 pm

It perpetuates vile stereotypes about Jews, implying that they are greedy thieves.
    Benitez
    Benitez

Post by Benitez Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Chris wrote:
    Benitez wrote:

To be honest saying "I bet" is quite laughable when trying to support an argument.

Im talking about present day anyway, I don't doubt for example in the 1700's English people used to murder each other in disgusting ways in huge groups etc.

In present day, british are in afganistan killing innocent afganistans people, disgusting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:23 am