Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Ricardo
fluffy_kittens
Mustangt125
Danny
Carlos Jenkinson
GCU
Cadbury
Theo Filippo
Fanatic
dena
Cornholio
Marvin
Trig
Scuba Steve
Zzonked
Jamie
Barton
Dean
luke.
Cameron.
Sean
25 posters

Ballack vs Gerrard

Poll

The better individual?

[ 11 ]
    Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 4 Bar_left28%Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 4 Bar_right [28%] 
    [ 26 ]
    Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 4 Bar_left65%Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 4 Bar_right [65%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 4 Bar_left7%Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 4 Bar_right [7%] 

Total Votes: 40
    Danny
    Danny

Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 4 Empty Re: Ballack vs Gerrard

Post by Danny Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:38 am

luke. wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    luke. wrote:

He only recieved 1 runners up medal at Chelsea, recieving 6 winners medal.

In total, 14 winners medals, 6 runners-up medals, including internationals.

So, what were you saying?

Premier league 06-07
    Premier League 07-08
    Champions League 07-08
    Carling Cup Final 07-08

World Cup 02
    Euro 08

Champions league 02

Off top of my head

You don't get PL runners up medals.

Carling cup not on his wiki.
    Wikipedia. Laughing

If he played any part of your Carling Cup run that season, he will have got a runners up medal. Maybe he didn't. I'm hardly going to know.. Neutral

He came on for the last 2 minutes of the final, just looked it up 📖

Not saying he didn't get a runners up medal for it btw..
    Runners up medal for him there then me thinks. Razz

The guy who initially mentioned it did have a point, just he worded it wrong including "medals". He's probably finished second in the Bundesliga quite a few times with Leverkusen and Munich.

Also finished 3rd in the 2006 World Cup, along with second in Korea/Japan and Euro 08. Razz
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:39 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:Pretty much everyone is giving Ballack less credit than he deserves. The guy had it all, with more intelligence to his game than Gerrard too.
    No one is discrediting Ballack, Gerrard is still the better player.

Why? I don't disagree, I think they're close...I just think it's laughable and kinda embarrassing at the same time the amount of people who think Gerrard is clearly the better player.

Scuba Steve: " Ballack is 10 times the player Gerrard was"

Not just the Gerrard fans, so get your facts straight first.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:39 am

Danny wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

Premier league 06-07
    Premier League 07-08
    Champions League 07-08
    Carling Cup Final 07-08

World Cup 02
    Euro 08

Champions league 02

Off top of my head

Wikipedia. Laughing

If he played any part of your Carling Cup run that season, he will have got a runners up medal. Maybe he didn't. I'm hardly going to know.. Neutral

The guy who initially mentioned it did have a point, just he worded it wrong including "medals". He's probably finished second in the Bundesliga quite a few times with Leverkusen and Munich.

Also finished 3rd in the 2006 World Cup, along with second in Korea/Japan and Euro 08. Razz

Yeah, but the, 'especially with Chelsea' part was just wrong..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:39 am

Cadbury wrote:"Ballack is 10 times the player Gerrard is in their primes"

roflrofl

Gerrard 04-09 was one of the worlds best midfielder. And in 05-07 maybe apart from Kaka was the worlds best CM.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:40 am

luke. wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    luke. wrote:

Wikipedia. Laughing

My god you're gullible.... shit
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:41 am

Dean wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:Pretty much everyone is giving Ballack less credit than he deserves. The guy had it all, with more intelligence to his game than Gerrard too.
    No one is discrediting Ballack, Gerrard is still the better player.

Why? I don't disagree, I think they're close...I just think it's laughable and kinda embarrassing at the same time the amount of people who think Gerrard is clearly the better player.

Scuba Steve: " Ballack is 10 times the player Gerrard was"

Not just the Gerrard fans, so get your facts straight first.

First, why are you so defensive, second I'm not Scuba Steve. Neutral

Ballack had everything Gerrard had. He was also superior from set pieces, better in the air and more tactically aware. Gerrard has areas he edges Ballack too, just saying it's not clear cut. Both were exceptional.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:41 am

Fanatic wrote:
    dena wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:It's getting pretty defensive in here.

Who would've thunk it eh? Havent even seen a proper argument for Gerrard, although I could've missed something, just 'Nah' 'No way' 'steve is a fat yank' this WAS expected though. Mischief
    Where is the argument for Ballack, apart from "oh he's underrated" or "I know who is the better player on intl level".

Well, although Steve didn't elaborate on his point, he did bring up a subject that could've expanded upon if this was actually a good thread (the possibility of which being > 1%, which is why I didn't participate until just now) Ballack has definitely had the better international career in terms of leading his team as a captain, and getting deep into tournaments, Gerrard has done some good things for England here and there, but overall that certainly goes to Ballack, no?

As for the players, dissecting their attributes would be where I'd initially start off. Ballack is the more intelligent player (although Gerrard's performance vs. United gave me hope that he may be able to 'do a Giggs' late in his career) while Gerrard has always had more pace/power, passing is similar, Ballack was much better aerially, etc.
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:45 am

LFCJordan wrote:

Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 4 70955Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 4 70955

Gerrard 04-09 was one of the worlds best midfielder. And in 05-07 maybe apart from Kaka was the worlds best CM.

Laughing
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:45 am

LFCJordan wrote:

roflrofl

Take off those Bias shades
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:49 am

Fanatic wrote:
    Scuba Steve wrote:It's not a joke. It's what is in the poll question. Has nothing to do with their abilities/careers as footballers.
    I said read the OP. "who was the better player".

Don't blame you, must be difficult reading while simultaneously scoffing down food. Nice joke.

Quit being such a cunt. Anytime any American disagrees you guys u make the same shit joke. Get more clever or shut the fuck up.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:49 am

Gerrard imo but they are both pretty legendary
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:49 am

You know it's funny, people try to make out English people are 'biased' etc...

Then you have Dena coming in with the typical 'Oh I'm not surprised by this' Trying to make us all look like dicks. But English football fans are probably the most un biased football fans in the world. As well as our own game, we love Foreign football, and we're always happily to admit if a foreigner is better than one of our own, no problem at all.

But can you say that about Foreigner's and English football? I've never once heard a Foreigner give England or English football credit, not once. Very very few, if that.

You go on a French forum and you ask the people, who's better? Zidane or Gerrard? I bet 98% of that forum would vote Zidane in an instance. Now you go on an English Forum and I bet you it would be close and a good debate.

All the people outside England seem to have something against English football and it's supporters and it's damn wrong, but these people insist we're biased and only see English, when that is clearly not true. You have Mauro constantly making xenophobic remarks 'Little England' 'Rooney has touch of retard elephant' etc...

You've got Jamie who is anti English, and it amazes me, because the funny thing is, he supports the most famous English club. Laughing

Egzon, anti English.

The list goes on...

But were the arrogant and biased ones. People want to have a good look at themselves.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:51 am

Mustangt125 wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:
    Scuba Steve wrote:It's not a joke. It's what is in the poll question. Has nothing to do with their abilities/careers as footballers.

Don't blame you, must be difficult reading while simultaneously scoffing down food. Nice joke.

Quit being such a cunt. Anytime any American disagrees you guys u make the same shit joke. Get more clever or shut the fuck up.
    He was the one who made a shit joke first so get back in your cage you twat.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:53 am

Fanatic wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:

Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 4 58503 Doesn't change your shit material
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:54 am

Dean wrote:You know it's funny, people try to make out English people are 'biased' etc...

Then you have Dena coming in with the typical 'Oh I'm not surprised by this'

Who did I try to make look like a dick, in saying I wasnt surprised the thread turned this way, I was saying that I wasn't surprised that this thread turned into one in which members would attack each other player allengecies INSTEAD of a real comparison thread in which stats, attributes, and achievements are compared, none of these things occurred until page 3, but what did occur was a typical 'i have nothing to say here, but lemme make fun of your nationality' post, in which you responded with a 'rofl rofl'

I have nothing against English football, what is there to be against in the first place?

Neutral
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:55 am

im a foreigner and i would say lampard is/was better than both gerrard and ballack and is probably the most intelligent midfielder of his time

that makes deans essay long reply an essay of fail
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:55 am

Dean wrote:You know it's funny, people try to make out English people are 'biased' etc...

Then you have Dena coming in with the typical 'Oh I'm not surprised by this' Trying to make us all look like dicks. But English football fans are probably the most un biased football fans in the world. As well as our own game, we love Foreign football, and we're always happily to admit if a foreigner is better than one of our own, no problem at all.

But can you say that about Foreigner's and English football? I've never once heard a Foreigner give England or English football credit, not once. Very very few, if that.

You go on a French forum and you ask the people, who's better? Zidane or Gerrard? I bet 98% of that forum would vote Zidane in an instance. Now you go on an English Forum and I bet you it would be close and a good debate.

All the people outside England seem to have something against English football and it's supporters and it's damn wrong, but these people insist we're biased and only see English, when that is clearly not true. You have Mauro constantly making xenophobic remarks 'Little England' 'Rooney has touch of retard elephant' etc...

You've got Jamie who is anti English, and it amazes me, because the funny thing is, he supports the most famous English club. Laughing

Egzon, anti English.

The list goes on...

But were the arrogant and biased ones. People want to have a good look at themselves.
    cheers

One example with Mauro as well. Apparantly Andy Carroll has no technique, and his first Liverpool goal a few weeks later is lashing it into the bottom corner past Joe Hart from 25 yards. Neutral
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:56 am

Mustangt125 wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:

Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 4 58503 Doesn't change your shit material
    Mustangt125 wrote:Haha I can't hear what youre saying from behind your awful teeth
    Now fuck off.

Last edited by Fanatic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:56 am

GCU wrote:im a foreigner and i would say lampard is/was better than both gerrard and ballack and is probably the most intelligent midfielder of his time

Not really Laughing
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:56 am

Ballack has proven himself at all levels

Bundesliga
    Champions league
    World Cups
    Premier league
    Euros

Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:57 am

I'm only anti-English in the fact that I despise all non-Liverpool English teams and I hate the England national team. I call the players as I see them, generally though the players are incredibly overrated.

Gerrard vs Ballack as I keep saying is close, I don't see either being far in front of the other. Similar styles too.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:58 am

dena wrote:

Then you have Dena coming in with the typical 'Oh I'm not surprised by this'

Who did I try to make look like a dick, in saying I wasnt surprised the thread turned this way, I was saying that I wasn't surprised that this thread turned into one in which members would attack each other player allengecies INSTEAD of a real comparison thread in which stats, attributes, and achievements are compared, none of these things occurred until page 3, but what did occur was a typical 'i have nothing to say here, but lemme make fun of your nationality' post, in which you responded with a 'rofl rofl'

I have nothing against English football, what is there to be against in the first place?

Neutral

Haha. I went back and double checked your post.

I found it hilarious.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:58 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:Ballack has proven himself at all levels

Bundesliga
    Champions league
    World Cups
    Premier league
    Euros

Internationals mean fuck all.

Gerrard is proven in the Champions League, and the Premier League.

Whats your point.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:58 am

GCU wrote:im a foreigner and i would say lampard is/was better than both gerrard and ballack and is probably the most intelligent midfielder of his time

Nah just makes you a bit of a mong.

Unless you mean intelligent as in his GCSE's but then what does that have to do with the price of milk?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:59 am

luke. wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    luke. wrote:

Wikipedia. Laughing

I also forgot to add Ballack has been unlucky with the trophies he has won at chelsea

Carling cup 08 - Subbed on near the end
    Fa cup 09 - Out of favour, came on in 75th minute or some similiar time
    Fa cup 2010 - Boateng puts him out in the first 10 minutes and out of the world cup
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:59 am

Mauro has a point though, Egzon and Jamie just say statements and back them up by just acting like 'that's how it is'. When I think about it, I should be more like Jamie think
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:59 am

Danny wrote:One example with Mauro as well. Apparantly Andy Carroll has no technique, and his first Liverpool goal a few weeks later is lashing it into the bottom corner past Joe Hart from 25 yards. Neutral

That's a poor example, hitting it hard doesn't constitute good technique.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:59 am

LFCJordan wrote:

Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 4 70955Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 4 70955

Quoting Scuba Steve.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:00 am

LFCJordan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:Ballack has proven himself at all levels

Bundesliga
    Champions league
    World Cups
    Premier league
    Euros

Internationals mean fuck all.

Gerrard is proven in the Champions League, and the Premier League.

Whats your point.
    No need to get all defensive im just pointing out one of my favourite midfielders achievements Neutral I didnt say gerrard couldnt.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:00 am

When we mention internationals, Ballack's German for fucks sake. Of course he's going to be more "proven" at that level. Germany aren't shite like England are. Neutral

But Gerrard will probably end up with over 100 England caps, around 20-30 England goals. Playing in 2 World Cups, and 1 European Championship (at the moment- could be one more for each but for injury and that night against Croatia at Wembley...).

Just saying, gotta put it into perspective when comparing them at international level.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:34 am