Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Ricardo
fluffy_kittens
Mustangt125
Danny
Carlos Jenkinson
GCU
Cadbury
Theo Filippo
Fanatic
dena
Cornholio
Marvin
Trig
Scuba Steve
Zzonked
Jamie
Barton
Dean
luke.
Cameron.
Sean
25 posters

Ballack vs Gerrard

Poll

The better individual?

[ 11 ]
    Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 5 Bar_left28%Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 5 Bar_right [28%] 
    [ 26 ]
    Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 5 Bar_left65%Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 5 Bar_right [65%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 5 Bar_left7%Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 5 Bar_right [7%] 

Total Votes: 40
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 5 Empty Re: Ballack vs Gerrard

Post by Cornholio Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:00 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Danny wrote:One example with Mauro as well. Apparantly Andy Carroll has no technique, and his first Liverpool goal a few weeks later is lashing it into the bottom corner past Joe Hart from 25 yards. Neutral

That's a poor example, hitting it hard doesn't constitute good technique.

Hitting the ball first time like that with the laces takes a great amount of technique.

He readjusted his body in moments.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:00 am

Fanatic wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:I said read the OP. "who was the better player".

Don't blame you, must be difficult reading while simultaneously scoffing down food. Nice joke.

Quit being such a cunt. Anytime any American disagrees you guys u make the same shit joke. Get more clever or shut the fuck up.
    He was the one who made a shit joke first so get back in your cage you twat.

Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 5 58503 Doesn't change your shit material
    Mustangt125 wrote:Haha I can't hear what youre saying from behind your awful teeth
    Now fuck off.

You're a douchebag.

Last edited by Mustangt125 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:01 am

dena wrote:
    Dean wrote:You know it's funny, people try to make out English people are 'biased' etc...

Then you have Dena coming in with the typical 'Oh I'm not surprised by this'
    but what did occur was a typical 'i have nothing to say here, but lemme make fun of your nationality' post, in which you responded with a 'rofl rofl'

Neutral
    And forget what Steve posted about "better individuals"?

He was the one who started to put this thread of course so don't give me that crap.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:02 am

Cornholio wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:
    Danny wrote:One example with Mauro as well. Apparantly Andy Carroll has no technique, and his first Liverpool goal a few weeks later is lashing it into the bottom corner past Joe Hart from 25 yards. Neutral

Hitting the ball first time like that with the laces takes a great amount of technique.

He readjusted his body in moments.

That's true actually, I forgot it was a first time shot.

Last edited by Zzonked on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:02 am

Zzonked wrote:

Power, accuracy, placement...

Not the first time he's done it as well. I think saying Carroll has no technique is a load of shite. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:02 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:Ballack has proven himself at all levels

Bundesliga
    Champions league
    World Cups
    Premier league
    Euros

Internationals mean fuck all.

Gerrard is proven in the Champions League, and the Premier League.

Whats your point.
    No need to get all defensive im just pointing out one of my favourite midfielders achievements Neutral I didnt say gerrard couldnt.

Thought it was a debate. I was just counter arguing your points, because last time I looked it was Gerrard vs Ballack thread. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:03 am

Danny wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

Not the first time he's done it as well. I think saying Carroll has no technique is a load of shite. Neutral

He scored the same type of goal against Liverpool.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:03 am

Zzonked wrote:

But the accuracy and the technique he used to hit the ball does.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:03 am

dena wrote:
    Dean wrote:You know it's funny, people try to make out English people are 'biased' etc...

Who did I try to make look like a dick, in saying I wasnt surprised the thread turned this way, I was saying that I wasn't surprised that this thread turned into one in which members would attack each other player allengecies INSTEAD of a real comparison thread in which stats, attributes, and achievements are compared, none of these things occurred until page 3, but what did occur was a typical 'i have nothing to say here, but lemme make fun of your nationality' post, in which you responded with a 'rofl rofl'

I have nothing against English football, what is there to be against in the first place?

Neutral

You can't 'really' compare players by statistics, statistics are one of the most mis-leading things in football and that's why I don't follow them much. Also you can't compare players on achievements either, that's silly and you should know that.

Unfortunately, the best way to compare players, is off knowledge and your personal opinion of the player.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:03 am

Obama is a cunt.. Neutral.

Just saying.. Neutral
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:03 am

LFCJordan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:

Bundesliga
    Champions league
    World Cups
    Premier league
    Euros

Whats your point.
    No need to get all defensive im just pointing out one of my favourite midfielders achievements Neutral I didnt say gerrard couldnt.

Thought it was a debate. I was just counter arguing your points, because last time I looked it was Gerrard vs Ballack thread. Neutral
    Its more like a one way street for Ballack shifty

Maybe saying why isnt he proven at a world cup could help think
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:03 am

Fonseca wrote:Mauro has a point though, Egzon and Jamie just say statements and back them up by just acting like 'that's how it is'. When I think about it, I should be more like Jamie think

Because I'm always right. smug

Seriously though I'll debate when someone provides a good argument.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:03 am

LFCJordan wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

He scored the same type of goal against Liverpool.
    Aye, that's why I said it's not the first time he's done it.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:04 am

Mustangt125 wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:

Quit being such a cunt. Anytime any American disagrees you guys u make the same shit joke. Get more clever or shut the fuck up.
    He was the one who made a shit joke first so get back in your cage you twat.

Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 5 58503 Doesn't change your shit material
    Mustangt125 wrote:Haha I can't hear what youre saying from behind your awful teeth
    Now fuck off.

You're a douchebag.
    Bye now. You failed miserably.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:04 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:

Bundesliga
    Champions league
    World Cups
    Premier league
    Euros

Whats your point.

Because England play him left mid, and England are shite Suspect
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:04 am

When we mention internationals, Ballack's German for fucks sake. Of course he's going to be more "proven" at that level. Germany aren't shite like England are. Neutral

But Gerrard will probably end up with over 100 England caps, around 20-30 England goals. Playing in 2 World Cups, and 1 European Championship (at the moment- could be one more for each but for injury and that night against Croatia at Wembley...).

Just saying, gotta put it into perspective when comparing them at international level.

Managed to squeeze that in on the last post of the previous page, brilliant. NeutralNeutral
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:06 am

LFCJordan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:

Whats your point.

Because England play him left mid, and England are shite Suspect
    cheers There we are then
    Ballack and Klose have pulled Germany through many world cups if ballack missed the 06 world cup or the 02 one instead of the 02 one they would of struggled to make quarter finals
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:07 am

Danny wrote:When we mention internationals, Ballack's German for fucks sake. Of course he's going to be more "proven" at that level. Germany aren't shite like England are. Neutral

But Gerrard will probably end up with over 100 England caps, around 20-30 England goals. Playing in 2 World Cups, and 1 European Championship (at the moment- could be one more for each but for injury and that night against Croatia at Wembley...).

Just saying, gotta put it into perspective when comparing them at international level.

Managed to squeeze that in on the last post of the previous page, brilliant. NeutralNeutral

There isn't really any point comparing them internationally. Compare them domestically if you want but I think everyone would admit Ballack pisses all over him internationally, no matter what excuse is used. Ballack was Germanys leader, he was a massive part in why they weren't shite. Whereas Gerrard couldn't bring England up a level.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:08 am

Fanatic wrote:
    dena wrote:

but what did occur was a typical 'i have nothing to say here, but lemme make fun of your nationality' post, in which you responded with a 'rofl rofl'

Neutral
    And forget what Steve posted about "better individuals"?

He was the one who started to put this thread of course so don't give me that crap.

Steve is in this too I never pardoned him from his contribution to the thread, takes two to tangle.

Dean wrote:
    dena wrote:

Who did I try to make look like a dick, in saying I wasnt surprised the thread turned this way, I was saying that I wasn't surprised that this thread turned into one in which members would attack each other player allengecies INSTEAD of a real comparison thread in which stats, attributes, and achievements are compared, none of these things occurred until page 3, but what did occur was a typical 'i have nothing to say here, but lemme make fun of your nationality' post, in which you responded with a 'rofl rofl'

I have nothing against English football, what is there to be against in the first place?

Neutral

You can't 'really' compare players by statistics, statistics are one of the most mis-leading things in football and that's why I don't follow them much. Also you can't compare players on achievements either, that's silly and you should know that.

Unfortunately, the best way to compare players, is off knowledge and your personal opinion of the player.

Nah I think that's crap. Stats when used in the proper context generally reflect a player's performance over given time, problem is people don't like use to stats in their proper context ie. someone when making a case for striker x vs. RVP will say, "well, RVP only scored 20 goals this year, my striker scored 35" when in actually, RVP has missed half the year and has a fantastic ratio. Achievements can also be used properly, once again, in context. Having debates based on personal opinion leads to what this thread is. "My player is better" "No he's not" "Yes he is" "No... he's not"
    Neutral
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:08 am

Danny wrote:When we mention internationals, Ballack's German for fucks sake. Of course he's going to be more "proven" at that level. Germany aren't shite like England are. Neutral

If he was good enough he would of carried the team, Pele and Maradona didn't just get things handed to them. Hell even Beckham carried the team as captain winning games by himself. No excuse
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:08 am

Fine Shagger wrote:

There isn't really any point comparing them internationally. Compare them domestically if you want but I think everyone would admit Ballack pisses all over him internationally, no matter what excuse is used. Ballack was Germanys leader, he was a massive part in why they weren't shite. Whereas Gerrard couldn't bring England up a level.
    Playing him out of position doesn't help.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:09 am

Fine Shagger wrote:

He was forced to play left midfield for half of his international career.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:09 am

Where's Ryan with that Michael Jackson popcorn gif?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:09 am

You say don't compare them internationally, then give us Gerrard's international stats... Neutral

Ballack has 98 caps and 42 goals oh by the way Mischief

But yeah, it's a wash.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:10 am

Fanatic wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:

I know, but it's not like he was always played out of position. Just isn't the same player Ballack is internationally. Ballack is a true leader, Gerrard just leads by example.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:10 am

Fine Shagger wrote:

Exactly, it would be stupid to compare them at international level.

And Ballack's always been used where he feels most natural for Germany. Gerrard for England has played right and left wing, holding midfielder, attacking midfielder etc... Certainly I don't expect him to bring us up a level when he's rarely used in his natural role. Same happened for Scholes, he was used on the left wing during his later England years on the left to accommodate Gerrard and Lampard in the middle- which is an absolute joke to me. Laughing And the fact that Gerrard's never been our "leader" (or captain) either, whereas Ballack was.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:10 am

Danny wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

But he hit the ball inbetween the middle and the left post, if it was good technique he would of banged it in the corner
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:11 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:

I know, but it's not like he was always played out of position. Just isn't the same player Ballack is internationally. Ballack is a true leader, Gerrard just leads by example.
    What the fuck does that bollox mean. Laughing
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:11 am

I'm slipping facepalm

Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 5 Kingofpopcorn
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:12 am

dena wrote:

You say don't compare them internationally, then give us Gerrard's international stats... Neutral

Ballack has 98 caps and 42 goals oh by the way Mischief

But yeah, it's a wash.
    Yeah because he was talked about like he'd done fuck all for England, that was just proving that he actually has. Just obviously not on the same level as Ballack.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:35 am