Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Ricardo
fluffy_kittens
Mustangt125
Danny
Carlos Jenkinson
GCU
Cadbury
Theo Filippo
Fanatic
dena
Cornholio
Marvin
Trig
Scuba Steve
Zzonked
Jamie
Barton
Dean
luke.
Cameron.
Sean
25 posters

Ballack vs Gerrard

Poll

The better individual?

[ 11 ]
    Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 7 Bar_left28%Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 7 Bar_right [28%] 
    [ 26 ]
    Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 7 Bar_left65%Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 7 Bar_right [65%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 7 Bar_left7%Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 7 Bar_right [7%] 

Total Votes: 40
    GCU
    GCU

Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 7 Empty Re: Ballack vs Gerrard

Post by GCU Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:43 am

ballack was a massive influence on chelsea in the dressing room. just look at the mammoth amount of quotes from guys like mourinho(who didnt even like him) and scolari when talking about him. he along with terry and drogba ran the show at chelsea after mourinho left, no leadership qualities my arse lol. if it was any other player, germany would of routinely enforced his international retirement straight after the world cup. if he had no influential abilities scolari and grant still wouldnt be crying to the media years after about how he got the team on his side and against them. hes one of the most arrogant footballers around and he demands respect both on the pitch and off it. only an ignorant fool who is completely blinded by bias would say hes not an influence
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:44 am

Cornholio wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:Fucking hell this thread has exploded, i can't even be arsed to read all of this shite.

It's an old EA trick.

Put "vs Gerrard" in the thread title and you get approx. 10 pages.

The same goes for "vs Kaka".

Put both of the above in title and you're asking for trouble.

Laughing

That thread was a classic.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:13 am

Cornholio wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:Fucking hell this thread has exploded, i can't even be arsed to read all of this shite.

It's an old EA trick.

Put "vs Gerrard" in the thread title and you get approx. 10 pages.

The same goes for "vs Kaka".

Put both of the above in title and you're asking for trouble.

rofl
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:25 am

Stuart Holden>>>>All...close thread.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:58 am

In my opinion Gerrard is better, both great players, but Stevie just has the edge for me.

Also, it's stupid making this thread and instantly saying "Gerrard is gonna win cos there is loads of Liverpool fans" doh
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:25 am

Think both of them were class but Gerrard is the best midfielder i've ever seen at his best, i'd take him over Zidane.

Yeh so what i said Zidane come on then you cunts. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:26 am

GCU wrote:ballack was a massive influence on chelsea in the dressing room. just look at the mammoth amount of quotes from guys like mourinho(who didnt even like him) and scolari when talking about him. he along with terry and drogba ran the show at chelsea after mourinho left, no leadership qualities my arse lol. if it was any other player, germany would of routinely enforced his international retirement straight after the world cup. if he had no influential abilities scolari and grant still wouldnt be crying to the media years after about how he got the team on his side and against them. hes one of the most arrogant footballers around and he demands respect both on the pitch and off it. only an ignorant fool who is completely blinded by bias would say hes not an influence

SO he is an influence, but a bad influence? bounce
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:57 am

The-Reporter wrote:Think both of them were class but Gerrard is the best midfielder i've ever seen at his best, i'd take him over Zidane.

Yeh so what i said Zidane come on then you cunts. Neutral

Agreed, although I'd have Xavi over Gerrard.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:59 am

Fuck you

Zidane > Gerrard > Xavi > Kaka > Lampard

Top 5 for me.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:01 am

Would say a number of players are above Lampard...Scholes, Ballack being two of the top of my head.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:03 am

As a goalscoring midfielder, no-one is better then Lampard.

smug
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:04 am

As a midfielder though plenty are.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:06 am

luke. wrote:As a goalscoring midfielder, no-one is better then Lampard.

smug
    ... At penalties Dry Smile
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:06 am

LFCJordan wrote:

smug
    ... At penalties Dry Smile

gay
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:59 am

Ballack obviously.

Gerrard is English, so therefore Ballack is automatically 1000 times better than this little englander.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:00 am

Dan wrote:Ballack obviously.

Gerrard is English, so therefore Ballack is automatically 1000 times better than this little englander.

hehe
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:02 am

Dean wrote:

hehe

What? Just stating my 100% unbiased opinion. Unlike these little england folk. Gerrard has touch of rapist elephant with little penis. Ballack has touch of graceful ballerina with large bountiful beautiful penis.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:00 pm

Xavi runs the midfield better than anyone.

As an individual though Gerrard is the best i've ever seen. Take in mind he hasn't had for example a Barcelona team around him, when things have not gone his way like Istanbul, he comes out 2nd half and just goes crazy and turns the tides. Also the cup final V West ham... could Xavi smash a team off like that? I don't think he could.
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:09 pm

Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 7 601554
    Kaka @ Milan Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 7 601554
    Xavi takes big games by the scruff of the neck at times though. Complete domination of the midfield. Definitely better than Gerrard in that respect.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:14 pm

Danny wrote:When we mention internationals, Ballack's German for fucks sake. Of course he's going to be more "proven" at that level. Germany aren't shite like England are. Neutral

But Gerrard will probably end up with over 100 England caps, around 20-30 England goals. Playing in 2 World Cups, and 1 European Championship (at the moment- could be one more for each but for injury and that night against Croatia at Wembley...).

Just saying, gotta put it into perspective when comparing them at international level.

I don't know what you're trying to prove with the stats, as Ballack's are clearly better. Also, the German sides of 2002 and 2006 were supposedly 'shite' and England were supposedly in their 'golden generation' so that isn't really an excuse for him being more proven.

Anyway, they've both had brilliant careers and it's tough to call. It'd have been interesting had Gerrard moved elsewhere to see if his medal haul would match up to Ballack's.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:35 pm

Both are pure beasts but it's close and it's just down to preference to be honest. I'd take Ballack, almost won the WC for Germany...twice.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:38 pm

lol gerrard never was and never will be as good as kaka let alone xavi.

ballack was also obviously better then him im really amaze reading some comments 'oh dont using achievements they are meaningless' and then they proceed to say 'look at gerrard beasting in a useless team' is a bit contradictory is it not? using gerrard being in liverpool as excuse for not winning any trophies and then saying he is mroe beastly because he outshines everyone in a weaker team?

lets get something correct

ballack was completely higher tier of player then gerrard when he was at bayern, you wanting to talk about 'low profile team', bayern was sub par in his time there but he single handedly carried them in every aspect, without him bayern would of winning nothing

another thing, international football means nothing? bahahaha only a little englishmen would say this not only is ballack a 2 time finalist in world cup and 1 time euro finalist, but he did this with very average german squads even by german standards. these players peaked at a time of german football reform and were the last generation of the old german football and when you include fact that he had to play under the tacticaly clueless and naive coaches like voller and klinsmann is further proof to his greatness and beastness.

of course in a epl centric forum where many liverpool fans congregate, gerrard is like a princess here everyone is love him for either playing for liverpool or just being english. i would hate to say that many english people are just uneducated about football and do not understand. for this i blame sky for brainwashing them to beleiving things like

'gerrard is technically brilliant' - andy gray 2006
    'rooney is streets ahead of messi' - phil thompson 2010
    'carragher has proven that hes just as good as nesta if not better in my opinion' - alan hansen 2007

the only real educated englishman glen hoddle called it like it is last year when he said england are terrible and all their players are overrated. he also highlighted that as much as capello is at fault he cannot succeed with the squad he has which is by far the worst group of players hes ever had to manage in terms of talent. is always an uphill battle trying to lay managerial foundations with a team that struggle to even trap a ball

this is a country that does not even have the capacity to select its own coach from its own people. im very suspect of the level if english intelligence in all forms. it is dangerously low. this is why the opinion of this forum should not being judge because aside from a few posters. most people are just not intelligent is just the truth

so all in all i have disprove all false accusations on ballack and gerrard and have given this forum indepth intelligent and formal response. there is no possible way to refute this post which is factually 100% proof that ballack is better than gerrard on the grounds that he is internationally better, individually better and that the forumers here are not educated enough to vote. if you proceed to disaprove of this then you are clearly a troll. you just got told bitches!
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Mauro I agree with a lot of your post, but you can't totally dismiss Gerrard as a player. It's not just English people who rate him, he's been recognized with a lot of European awards, such as being in the world XI a number of times. I know awards aren't everything, but Ballack hasn't even been in it once. If Ballack was on such a different level, why has he never been recognized with European individual awards?

For my money, it's close, but thats because Ballack is underrated. To say one is significantly better than the other isn't correct.
    Potato-7
    Potato-7

Supports : Olympiakos

Post by Potato-7 Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Zidane >> Xavi > Gerrard > Ballack Ballack vs Gerrard - Page 7 78475
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:34 pm

Seriously though, if Gerrard was playing for Real Madrid a few years ago or some other top European club, all the foreigners would be jizzing over him. Its just the fact that he is English and plays for Liverpool.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Mauro can be funny at times; but that post was fucking stupid.
    He says we only rate Gerrard because he is English, yet his nationality is pretty much the only reason that he doesn't rate him.
    If his name was Stefano Gerardo, not only would he have a shit name, but Mauro would also be ejaculating over him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:28 pm

Both top class players when they were at their best, i'd still take Igor Biscan over both. Dry Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:31 am