Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+35
The Zlatan
Mal
Kuled
Drake
Mario
Ricardo
Jord
Lux
Theo Filippo
Trig
Walcott
Torresxvilla
Cornholio
Carlos Jenkinson
Marvin
Hitchy
blackskar
Mouse
AriseForLife
Barton
Grenade
Dean
El Jefe
ResurrectionRooney
Zzonked
Cadbury
chiboygeorge
Ben
Fanatic
Muse
LeBron
coolhead33
Hernandez_14
luke.
SBSP
39 posters

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/

Poll

[ 28 ]
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 Bar_left44%Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 36 ]
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 Bar_left56%Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 Bar_right [56%] 

Total Votes: 64
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 Empty Re: Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:41 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Why do you post a picture of you wearing a kit every time the discussion of a player comes up? Laughing
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 849722
    Sorry.. I don't understand the meaning of this post.. Neutral
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 207657
    Anonymous

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 Empty Re: Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:41 pm

EdinsonCavani wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Why do you post a picture of you wearing a kit every time the discussion of a player comes up? Laughing
    facepalm
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Laughing
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:43 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 58503
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 684775
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:43 pm

EdinsonCavani wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote: Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 849722
    Okay I can't be bothered with this crap, bye.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:44 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Sorry.. I don't understand the meaning of this post.. Neutral
    Okay I can't be bothered with this crap, bye.
    wave
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:But i think the question was who was Liverpools greatest Goal scorer. And i agree Rush did have Dalglish but in two of they 7 season's Dalglish did not play many games in 85,85 season he played 29 games and the following season played 23 games and Rush Scored 73 goals in those two season's playing in like 113 games where kenny only played 52 games. And well the International part does not count on who was Liverpool fc,s Greatest goal scorer.

But Owen had a great record at International level and was Top class but his England teams did make it to major Finals and the Welsh teams Rush played for just failed to make it to one or two and he and that welsh team were just not quite good enough to make it to any.

Owen for England played 89 scored 40
    Rush for Wales played 73 scored 28

In the seasons that Dalglish and Rush did play though, Rush had what you call a great player laying on the goals for him, not to mention all of the other good players Liverpool had in their team, players who took you to numerous European Titles. Owen on the other hand had the likes of Barmby and Murphy as the creative fulcrums behind him, and Fowler also competing with him for service, whereas Rush had no such competition. Despite the poor service he received, he still managed to lead Liverpool to a Treble! How many fucking goals do you think he would have scored with the likes of Dalglish laying them on a plate for him?

As for international level, going to tournaments makes it more difficult to have a good goalscoring record, as you're playing against better teams. Rush mainly played against shit teams at international level because he only played in qualifiers, Owen did it at World Cups and European Championships.

Owen and Dalglish would not have happened did you see the pitches Liverpool played on when Dalglish and Rush was playing, Owen would have pulled a Hamstring or got some other injury. Could you imagine if Liverpool back then had played on the pitches of today cause they likes to play the ball on the ground back then and well the pitches did not exactly suit there style of play a lot of times back then, and if they did i think Rushie would have scored more goals.

THE GREAT Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 914411 IAN.RUSH Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 914411 Liverpool's greatest Goal scorer and the first defender in the Team.

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 00310

Alan, ignore him lad. He's not got a clue.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:50 pm

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:But i think the question was who was Liverpools greatest Goal scorer. And i agree Rush did have Dalglish but in two of they 7 season's Dalglish did not play many games in 85,85 season he played 29 games and the following season played 23 games and Rush Scored 73 goals in those two season's playing in like 113 games where kenny only played 52 games. And well the International part does not count on who was Liverpool fc,s Greatest goal scorer.

But Owen had a great record at International level and was Top class but his England teams did make it to major Finals and the Welsh teams Rush played for just failed to make it to one or two and he and that welsh team were just not quite good enough to make it to any.

In the seasons that Dalglish and Rush did play though, Rush had what you call a great player laying on the goals for him, not to mention all of the other good players Liverpool had in their team, players who took you to numerous European Titles. Owen on the other hand had the likes of Barmby and Murphy as the creative fulcrums behind him, and Fowler also competing with him for service, whereas Rush had no such competition. Despite the poor service he received, he still managed to lead Liverpool to a Treble! How many fucking goals do you think he would have scored with the likes of Dalglish laying them on a plate for him?

As for international level, going to tournaments makes it more difficult to have a good goalscoring record, as you're playing against better teams. Rush mainly played against shit teams at international level because he only played in qualifiers, Owen did it at World Cups and European Championships.

Owen and Dalglish would not have happened did you see the pitches Liverpool played on when Dalglish and Rush was playing, Owen would have pulled a Hamstring or got some other injury. Could you imagine if Liverpool back then had played on the pitches of today cause they likes to play the ball on the ground back then and well the pitches did not exactly suit there style of play a lot of times back then, and if they did i think Rushie would have scored more goals.

THE GREAT Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 914411 IAN.RUSH Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 914411 Liverpool's greatest Goal scorer and the first defender in the Team.

He played on the same pitches as everyone else did at the time, the best pitches available. His game would have been developed around playing on pitches like that.

THE AMAZING yippee MICHAEL OWEN

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 _40743078_number10_200x245

Only Liverpool player ever to win the BALLON D'OR

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 0007EB9A-7D7E-1C20-BE0180BFB6FA01D8

And Liverpool's greatest ever player and goalscorer! Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 914411

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:01 am

Sorry just have to show ive got the Great man's name on my Top. Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 28973
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:07 am

The-Reporter wrote:Henry > all.

king Dalglish king > Henry

u mad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:18 am

He played on the same pitches as everyone else did at the time, the best pitches available. His game would have been developed around playing on pitches like that.

THE AMAZING Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 644235 MICHAEL OWEN

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 _40743078_number10_200x245

Only Liverpool player ever to win the BALLON D'OR

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 0007EB9A-7D7E-1C20-BE0180BFB6FA01D8

And Liverpool's greatest ever player and goalscorer! Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 914411

If he is that amazing where is your Football top with Owen on it. And i no Owen was amazing but lets be honest he did a lot more for Liverpool than what he has for United and well Owen was not Liverpool greatest ever player and you no it, and well the Records tell you Owen was not Liverpool's Greatest Goal scorer as others have Scored more Goals than Owen did.

How is Owen doing at United whats he been up to lately scratch Dont remember seeing him much lately, but i do remember him wearing a Liverpool strip in Carragher's tesimonial i bet that went down well at United.

The memories thanks Michael Owen for what you did when you were at Liverpool.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:39 am

Fonseca wrote:

u mad
    Some people would say i am but why do you ask. What did Henry win and what did Dalglish win both were just amazing players.

Dalglish voted Britain's best ever hit-man

Four Four Two has voted Kenny Dalglish British football's best ever striker.

The former Celtic and Liverpool hero Dalglish was named as the greatest overall.
    King Kenny scored a remarkable 230 goals in 559 league games for his two club sides and holds the joint record of 30 goals for Scotland.
    The players were rated on various categories including goals return, big-game temperament, honours, team-work and wow factor.

The top 10 is:
    1 Kenny Dalglish
    2 Eric Cantona
    3 Thierry Henry
    4 Jimmy Greaves
    5 John Charles
    6 Stan Mortensen
    7 Ian Rush
    8 Wayne Rooney
    9 Denis Law
    10 Henrik Larsson.

king KING KENNY Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 914411
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:42 am

See what I mean, he's like fucking lightning, a predator. The reason he's not the greatest goalscorer in terms of statistics is because he had a shit midfield behind him. Look in that second video, it shows how amazing he is - winning the FA Cup all by himself, when he scored look at the donkeys who came up next to him, Heskey, McCallister, Berger, Fowler, it is a fucking miracle he scored all the goals he did with those people providing the bullets.

Some people would say i am but why do you ask. What did Henry win and what did Dalglish win both were just amazing players.

Er...what did Henry win?

FIFA World Cup
    FIFA Club World Cup
    FIFA Confederations Cup
    UEFA Champions League
    UEFA European Championship
    Ligue Un
    FA Premier League
    Liga BBVA
    FA Challenge Cup
    FA Community/Charity Shield
    European Golden Boot

Most of those on multiple occasions.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:54 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:See what I mean, he's like fucking lightning, a predator. The reason he's not the greatest goalscorer in terms of statistics is because he had a shit midfield behind him. Look in that second video, it shows how amazing he is - winning the FA Cup all by himself, when he scored look at the donkeys who came up next to him, Heskey, McCallister, Berger, Fowler, it is a fucking miracle he scored all the goals he did with those people providing the bullets.

Still not the best. Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 668388

Er...what did Henry win?

FIFA World Cup
    FIFA Club World Cup
    FIFA Confederations Cup
    UEFA Champions League
    UEFA European Championship
    Ligue Un
    FA Premier League
    Liga BBVA
    FA Challenge Cup
    FA Community/Charity Shield
    European Golden Boot

Most of those on multiple occasions.

My work here is done i just new it would be you that i got to come out first or would be posting very soon after you saw this. Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 209254
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:59 am

Saying Hahaha! I knew you were going to reply isn't much of an answer.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:06 am

Fonseca wrote:

u mad

The former Celtic and Liverpool hero Dalglish was named as the greatest overall.
    King Kenny scored a remarkable 230 goals in 559 league games for his two club sides and holds the joint record of 30 goals for Scotland.
    The players were rated on various categories including goals return, big-game temperament, honours, team-work and wow factor.

The top 10 is:
    1 Kenny Dalglish
    2 Eric Cantona
    3 Thierry Henry
    4 Jimmy Greaves
    5 John Charles
    6 Stan Mortensen
    7 Ian Rush
    8 Wayne Rooney
    9 Denis Law
    10 Henrik Larsson.

king KING KENNY Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 914411

Oh you're being serious...

I don't care what some magazine wrote, especially considering that Cantona is above Henry rofl
    Henry won a lot of things, but I suppose the trophy cabinet must be brought into the equation when you're not judging individual ability.
    Henry had a ratio of 1 goal per game as a striker or something
    Henry is frances top scorer

Just off the top of my head, you need to calm it a bit

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:23 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Saying Hahaha! I knew you were going to reply isn't much of an answer.
    Sleep

So lets take your opinion Owen won the Ballon d'Or so that means he was better than Giggs, Scholes, Cantona and Henry and the likes. OMG
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:27 am

Is there actually any point in me replying to the OP or is this thread gone so far off topic that noone actually cares anymore?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:29 am

Fonseca wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

u mad

The top 10 is:
    1 Kenny Dalglish
    2 Eric Cantona
    3 Thierry Henry
    4 Jimmy Greaves
    5 John Charles
    6 Stan Mortensen
    7 Ian Rush
    8 Wayne Rooney
    9 Denis Law
    10 Henrik Larsson.

Oh you're being serious...

I don't care what some magazine wrote, especially considering that Cantona is above Henry Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 8 70955
    Henry won a lot of things, but I suppose the trophy cabinet must be brought into the equation when you're not judging individual ability.
    Henry had a ratio of 1 goal per game as a striker or something
    Henry is frances top scorer

Just off the top of my head, you need to calm it a bit

Bergkamp scratch
    Magazine is false.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:45 am

Henry better than Dalglish?. rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:03 am

Dan wrote:Henry better than Dalglish?. rofl

Why is that so ridiculous? Henry was an incredible player.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:04 am

Why is it a laughing matter?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:09 am

Daglish couldn't have scored half of Henry's goals or even done things he didn't even get an assist for like this..

Take your goggles off.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:11 am

Got to agree with Rooney and Kyro, I wouldn't exactly call it a laughing matter that someone thinks Henry is better than Dalglish. Both phenomenal players in their era's.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:13 am

kyro7 wrote:

Was a reply to whoever said 'u mad' when it was first brought up.

Still, Henry was one of the greatest players of his generation, Dalglish was one of the best players ever.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:15 am

In my opinion Henry is one of the greatest players ever.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:15 am

Remember the thread Henry v Pele? cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:16 am

SBSP wrote:Remember the thread Henry v Pele? cheers
    Stupid thread, because Henry > Pele.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:16 am

Dan wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Was a reply to whoever said 'u mad' when it was first brought up.

Still, Henry was one of the greatest players of his generation, Dalglish was one of the best players ever.
    Dan lets face it, you've never seen Daglish play and obviously didn't watch Henry either. You're talking shit.

If you watch loads of the things Daglish did, Henry could did everyone of them. If you asked Daglish to take on 4 Galactico's and smash one past Casillas out of nothing, he couldn't.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:17 am

The Reporter: " Dalglish couldn't do half the things Henry done ". facepalm

Take your fucking goggles off. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:36 am