Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+35
The Zlatan
Mal
Kuled
Drake
Mario
Ricardo
Jord
Lux
Theo Filippo
Trig
Walcott
Torresxvilla
Cornholio
Carlos Jenkinson
Marvin
Hitchy
blackskar
Mouse
AriseForLife
Barton
Grenade
Dean
El Jefe
ResurrectionRooney
Zzonked
Cadbury
chiboygeorge
Ben
Fanatic
Muse
LeBron
coolhead33
Hernandez_14
luke.
SBSP
39 posters

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/

Poll

[ 28 ]
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 7 Bar_left44%Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 7 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 36 ]
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 7 Bar_left56%Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 7 Bar_right [56%] 

Total Votes: 64
    luke.
    luke.

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 7 Empty Re: Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/

Post by luke. Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:53 am

Imagine how one sided this would be if Torres was still at Liverpool Laughing
    Anonymous

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 7 Empty Re: Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:06 am

Jord wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:LOL Liverpools best ever goal scorer not getting any votes from the Liverpool fans. Laughing
    For obvious reasons Razz

Also best ever goal scorer?
    Well its between him and Ian Rush but he got to 50 quicker. bounce
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:08 am

I voted Torres. Suarez is great but Torres has done more in his time here. Suarez still has plenty of time to overtake him though.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:30 am

Owen (only Liverpool player to win the Ballon d'Or) is Liverpool's greatest ever goalscorer. Torres comes in 2nd or 3rd behind Rush.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:27 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    Jord wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:LOL Liverpools best ever goal scorer not getting any votes from the Liverpool fans. Laughing
    For obvious reasons Razz

Also best ever goal scorer?
    Well its between him and Ian Rush but he got to 50 quicker. bounce

Rush scored 47 goals in one season in 1984 as Liverpool won the first English Treble of League, League cup and European cup and well Rushie is Liverpool's record top goal scorer in all cometition's.

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 7 05010

Im not saying Torres was not good he was Top Class at Liverpool and i will never forget what he did for Liverpool fc most of the time he was there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:32 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Owen (only Liverpool player to win the Ballon d'Or) is Liverpool's greatest ever goalscorer. Torres comes in 2nd or 3rd behind Rush.

Absolute pish Owen was another who i would never forget what he had done for Liverpool fc when he was playing for them, but did owen score goals at the top level of European competion in which Rush did and win League title's and European cups. You have already come out with this pish before on the Fifa forums and yes Owen was one of Liverpool's greatest Goal scorers yet never scored more than 20 League goals in a season like Rushie did, Rush scored 47 in one full season for Liverpool and only scored one from the penalty spot.
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:34 am

lolololololol Luke just lolololololol
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:52 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Owen (only Liverpool player to win the Ballon d'Or) is Liverpool's greatest ever goalscorer. Torres comes in 2nd or 3rd behind Rush.

Owen 297 games 158 Goals Great record and he was Top class for Liverpool

Rush in his first 7 season's 331 games 207 Goals

So that leaves Owen 34 games and even if he scored a goal a game i think you will find he was behind Rushie and well owen's recored is like a goal basically every 2 games for Liverpool not saying its a bad record it was Top class, but Rushie's Record is better and he hardly ever took a penalty.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:55 am

Surely Torres goals to game ratio is better than Owen's?
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:55 am

Owen Sad.

Should have stayed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:02 am

Actually Luis Suarez won it in 1960 too. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:08 am

Cadbury wrote:Owen Sad.

Should have stayed.

Since he left his career just went downhill.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:13 am

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:

Absolute pish Owen was another who i would never forget what he had done for Liverpool fc when he was playing for them, but did owen score goals at the top level of European competion in which Rush did and win League title's and European cups. You have already come out with this pish before on the Fifa forums and yes Owen was one of Liverpool's greatest Goal scorers yet never scored more than 20 League goals in a season like Rushie did, Rush scored 47 in one full season for Liverpool and only scored one from the penalty spot.

Yeah, but Rush had Dalglish, a man you say is Liverpool's best ever player, providing the service for him, as the 2nd striker. Owen played with a wide range of players, none of whom were particularly good at laying on goals, particularly Fowler, who wanted to be the big man in front of goal himself. It's not a surprise that Rush scored more than him. Owen's record at International Level, where he was surrounded by players no worse than what Rush was with Wales, was much better than Rush's.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:16 am

The-Reporter wrote:Surely Torres goals to game ratio is better than Owen's?

Owen played 463 games scored 217 goals International Played 89 scored 40 Overall 552 games scored 257 goals

Torres played 394 games scored 172 goals International played 82 scored 26 Overall 476 games scored 198 goals

Thats a close one bud.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:24 am

Owen played 463 games scored 217 goals International Played 89 scored 40 Overall 552 games scored 257 goals

Torres played 394 games scored 172 goals International played 82 scored 26 Overall 476 games scored 198 goals

Thats a close one bud.
    I just meant for Liverpool tbh. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:31 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Yeah, but Rush had Dalglish, a man you say is Liverpool's best ever player, providing the service for him, as the 2nd striker. Owen played with a wide range of players, none of whom were particularly good at laying on goals, particularly Fowler, who wanted to be the big man in front of goal himself. It's not a surprise that Rush scored more than him. Owen's record at International Level, where he was surrounded by players no worse than what Rush was with Wales, was much better than Rush's.

But i think the question was who was Liverpools greatest Goal scorer. And i agree Rush did have Dalglish but in two of they 7 season's Dalglish did not play many games in 85,85 season he played 29 games and the following season played 23 games and Rush Scored 73 goals in those two season's playing in like 113 games where kenny only played 52 games. And well the International part does not count on who was Liverpool fc,s Greatest goal scorer.

But Owen had a great record at International level and was Top class but his England teams did make it to major Finals and the Welsh teams Rush played for just failed to make it to one or two and he and that welsh team were just not quite good enough to make it to any.

Owen for England played 89 scored 40
    Rush for Wales played 73 scored 28
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:40 am

The-Reporter wrote:

Thats a close one bud.

Owen: 158 in 297 (1:1.88)
    Torres: 81 in 142 (1:1.75)

scratch
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:42 am

The-Reporter wrote:

Thats a close one bud.

Oop sorry Embarassed
    Yes on average overall Torres would be better 142 games and 81 goals Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 7 207657 Owen 297 games 157 goals Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 7 207657

But i did check and owen in his best scoring spell at Liverpool from season 2000,01 season to 2002,03 season scored 80 goals in 143 games. Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 7 207657 But owen took a few penalties
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:45 am

Owen missed nearly every penalty I saw him take Neutral.
    One against Villa, one against Portsmouth and I think there was one against West Brom scratch
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:33 am

Cadbury wrote:Owen missed nearly every penalty I saw him take Neutral.
    One against Villa, one against Portsmouth and I think there was one against West Brom scratch
    Michael Owen's penalty record

09.08.1997 - Scored vs. Wimbledon (a)
    18.11.1997 - Scored vs. Grimsby (h)
    28.02.1998 - Scored vs. Aston Villa (a)
    06.05.1998 - Missed vs. Arsenal (h)
    24.10.1998 - Scored vs. Nottm Forest (h)
    13.12.1998 - Missed vs. Wimbledon (a)
    03.01.1999 - Scored vs. Port Vale (a)
    18.09.1999 - Scored vs. Leicester (a)
    16.10.1999 - Missed vs. Chelsea (h)
    15.03.2000 - Missed vs. Aston Villa (h)
    22.02.2001 - Missed vs. AS Roma (h)
    15.09.2001 - Scored vs. Everton (a)
    18.08.2002 - Missed vs. Aston Villa (a)
    02.09.2002 - Scored vs. Newcastle (h)
    21.09.2002 - Missed vs. WBA (h)
    26.10.2002 - Scored vs. Tottenham (h)
    12.11.2002 - Missed vs. Basel (a)
    17.08.2003 - Scored vs. Chelsea (h)
    13.09.2003 - Scored vs. Blackburn (a)
    20.09.2003 - Scored vs. Leicester (h)
    28.09.2003 - Scored vs. Charlton (a)
    22.02.2004 - Missed vs. Portsmouth (a)
    14.03.2004 - Missed vs. Southampton (a)

A 56% record is not good by any standards. 13 out of 23 penalties scored. Consider Jan Mølby's record for Liverpool = 44 penalties - 42 scored.

He was not the best at penalties i knew he had missed a few but not this many.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:45 am

I can't believe I remembered those misses Laughing.
    That one against Portsmouth pissed me off big time. I was only young then but hey, we were 1-0 down. I remember the goal too. Hughes was it? scratch
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:50 am

Aldo was the man to take a peno.

Except in a Cup Final.. Neutral
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:17 pm

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:But i think the question was who was Liverpools greatest Goal scorer. And i agree Rush did have Dalglish but in two of they 7 season's Dalglish did not play many games in 85,85 season he played 29 games and the following season played 23 games and Rush Scored 73 goals in those two season's playing in like 113 games where kenny only played 52 games. And well the International part does not count on who was Liverpool fc,s Greatest goal scorer.

But Owen had a great record at International level and was Top class but his England teams did make it to major Finals and the Welsh teams Rush played for just failed to make it to one or two and he and that welsh team were just not quite good enough to make it to any.

In the seasons that Dalglish and Rush did play though, Rush had what you call a great player laying on the goals for him, not to mention all of the other good players Liverpool had in their team, players who took you to numerous European Titles. Owen on the other hand had the likes of Barmby and Murphy as the creative fulcrums behind him, and Fowler also competing with him for service, whereas Rush had no such competition. Despite the poor service he received, he still managed to lead Liverpool to a Treble! How many fucking goals do you think he would have scored with the likes of Dalglish laying them on a plate for him?

As for international level, going to tournaments makes it more difficult to have a good goalscoring record, as you're playing against better teams. Rush mainly played against shit teams at international level because he only played in qualifiers, Owen did it at World Cups and European Championships.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Henry > all.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:34 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:But i think the question was who was Liverpools greatest Goal scorer. And i agree Rush did have Dalglish but in two of they 7 season's Dalglish did not play many games in 85,85 season he played 29 games and the following season played 23 games and Rush Scored 73 goals in those two season's playing in like 113 games where kenny only played 52 games. And well the International part does not count on who was Liverpool fc,s Greatest goal scorer.

In the seasons that Dalglish and Rush did play though, Rush had what you call a great player laying on the goals for him, not to mention all of the other good players Liverpool had in their team, players who took you to numerous European Titles. Owen on the other hand had the likes of Barmby and Murphy as the creative fulcrums behind him, and Fowler also competing with him for service, whereas Rush had no such competition. Despite the poor service he received, he still managed to lead Liverpool to a Treble! How many fucking goals do you think he would have scored with the likes of Dalglish laying them on a plate for him?

As for international level, going to tournaments makes it more difficult to have a good goalscoring record, as you're playing against better teams. Rush mainly played against shit teams at international level because he only played in qualifiers, Owen did it at World Cups and European Championships.

Owen and Dalglish would not have happened did you see the pitches Liverpool played on when Dalglish and Rush was playing, Owen would have pulled a Hamstring or got some other injury. Could you imagine if Liverpool back then had played on the pitches of today cause they likes to play the ball on the ground back then and well the pitches did not exactly suit there style of play a lot of times back then, and if they did i think Rushie would have scored more goals.

THE GREAT Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 7 914411 IAN.RUSH Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 7 914411 Liverpool's greatest Goal scorer and the first defender in the Team.

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 7 00310
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:36 pm

The-Reporter wrote:Henry > all.

king Dalglish king > Henry
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:38 pm

I like both Suarez and Torres Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:38 pm

Why do you post a picture of you wearing a kit every time the discussion of a player comes up? Laughing
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:39 pm

kyro7 wrote:Why do you post a picture of you wearing a kit every time the discussion of a player comes up? Laughing
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 7 849722
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:40 pm

EdinsonCavani wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Why do you post a picture of you wearing a kit every time the discussion of a player comes up? Laughing
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 7 849722
    Sorry.. I don't understand the meaning of this post.. Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:24 am