Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Jamie
Barton
Childish Logic
Cadbury
Cornholio
GeorgeL
TheRangersFan
dena
luke.
Cameron.
coolhead33
blackskar
Mario
Scuba Steve
Hitchy
chiboygeorge
JK
Ben
Kuled
Danny
24 posters

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke"

blackskar
    blackskar

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 4 Empty Re: andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke"

Post by blackskar Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:29 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:It's because like Jamie said whoever wins the Premier League this season will be the weakest Champion ever. Wink

Partly true. It's also because the teams below the regular 'top 4' have become alot stronger in the last few years.
    Not really..

Errr yah really:

City - Better
    Spurs - Better
    Bolton - Better
    Sunderland - Better

Yeah but you're right none of them have looked better in recent years at all have they.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 4 Empty Re: andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke"

Post by Ben Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:31 pm

blackskar wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:It's because like Jamie said whoever wins the Premier League this season will be the weakest Champion ever. Wink

Partly true. It's also because the teams below the regular 'top 4' have become alot stronger in the last few years.
    Not really..

Errr yah really:

City - Better
    Spurs - Better
    Bolton - Better
    Sunderland - Better

Yeah but you're right none of them have looked better in recent years at all have they.

Everton & Villa are getting better too, just not got the results on the field this season.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:31 pm

blackskar wrote:
    Errr yah really:

City - Better
    Spurs - Better
    Bolton - Better
    Sunderland - Better

Tbh, most teams in the Prem are better than they have been.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:32 pm

Andy Gray is a biased cunt and Sky must be paying him lots to say such things.

The EPL is nowhere near as good as La Liga when you match teams against each other based on final league positions.

Looking at last seasons table I reckon only 6 EPL teams could beat the teams that finished in the same position in La Liga.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:32 pm

Danny wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    Errr yah really:

City - Better
    Spurs - Better
    Bolton - Better
    Sunderland - Better

Exactly, so to say that the current league table is purely down to the top teams being shitter than ever is ridiculous
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:43 pm

blackskar wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    Errr yah really:

City - Better
    Spurs - Better
    Bolton - Better
    Sunderland - Better

Exactly, so to say that the current league table is purely down to the top teams being shitter than ever is ridiculous
    Exactly. The top teams (tbh, only United, Chelsea and Liverpool) have decreased, United and Chelsea not so much, while the majority of the other 17 have increased in quality, making for one of the most exciting league seasons we've had in a while. For me, certainly more than La Liga.
    Cameron.

Supports : Manchester United.

Post by Cameron. Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:46 pm

Most of the quotes you used are bullshit rofl
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:48 pm

Cameron|94 wrote:Most of the quotes you used are bullshit rofl
    Your avatar... Love
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:49 pm

Cameron|94 wrote:Most of the quotes you used are bullshit andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 4 70955

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 4 12784
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:51 pm

brand new quote just release from gray

"I didn't say those things about Messi not being good enough for Stoke."

"Whoever's spread it around via Twitter and other internet websites are doing it falsely."

"I never said that he wouldn't be good enough to beat Stoke, I said he wouldn't be good enough to get into their first team which is 100% true fact."

"Pigs will fly when Messi is even close to being as good as Jones and Fuller"
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:52 pm

mauro wrote:brand new quote just release from gray

"I Didn't say those things about Messi not being good enough for Stoke."

"Whoever's spread it around via Twitter and other internet websites are doing it falsely."

I never said that he wouldn't be good enough to beat Stoke, I said he wouldn't be good enough to get into their first team which is 100% true fact."

"Pigs will fly when Messi is even close to being as good as Jones and Fuller"
    Stop

:troll:
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Were any of the quotes you used true? Laughing
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:54 pm

Ben10 wrote:Were any of the quotes you used true? Laughing

We've been had haven't we? scratch
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:56 pm

Danny wrote:

Nah, I said 'if that's true then it's stupid'. The rest of the argument had nothing to do with the quotes Smile
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:56 pm

Ben10 wrote:
    Danny wrote:

Nah, I said 'if that's true then it's stupid'. The rest of the argument had nothing to do with the quotes Smile
    Yeah, I mean... none of us saw another La Liga v Premier League arguement happening Run
    Cameron.

Supports : Manchester United.

Post by Cameron. Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:56 pm

From reading through his thread, this is the only thing I can actually remember Andy Gray saying
    "Ronaldo would not be the player that he is today had he not played in English football, he has it all to thank." and even then it wasn't just as blunt as that, he went into more depth. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:57 pm

lol sorry guys

well some a true

bold is true

"Messi? He wouldn't cut it here, he would struggle in a cold night at
    the Britiannia Stadium. I'd fancy Stoke to shut him down pretty quickly,
    Messi is without a doubt a fantastic player but do you think he would
    be able to run around defenders like he does over there in the Premier
    League?
    Fat chance."

"Barcelona would struggle in the EPL as
    they've never played the likes of Stoke before have they?
    They might be
    able to score against lowly Spanish opposition but coming up against a
    team like Stoke or Wolves is something different."

"You only just have to look at how frequently Messi and Ronaldo score in Spain - Key's interrupts - "But Ronaldo scored 31 from 34 in a season at United?"

Gray replies - "I realize that, but it was a one-off."

"La
    Liga just doesn't have the same depth in quality that the Premier
    League has these days.
    I'd fancy West Ham against any bottom half team
    in La Liga,
    maybe even the likes of Atletico and Villarreal"

"Ronaldo would not be the player that he is today had he not played in
    English football, he has it all to thank."
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:58 pm

Cameron|94 wrote:

From reading through his thread, this is the only thing I can actually remember Andy Gray saying
    "Ronaldo would not be the player that he is today had he not played in English football, he has it all to thank." and even then it wasn't just as blunt as that, he went into more depth. Laughing
    Fuck thanking English football.

Should be thanking us Neutral shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:00 am

well ronaldo was one of best young player in world at that time. if he not going to man u he would of went to another big club. is havign to be complete blind to ignore such a talent

sure he could of flop if he went somewhere else. some still say whwat if quaresma went to ac milan instead of barcelona years ago, maybe his career might be better right now. but u neve rknow
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:01 am

Tbh, he has us to thank. We made him the player he is. He isn't even as good as he was with us Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:03 am

Danny wrote:Tbh, he has us to thank. We made him the player he is. He isn't even as good as he was with us Neutral

very debatable

for me he is much better right now. he just unfourtunate that 1 superior player having to exist at same time as him or else he would be best in world right now
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:06 am

Yeah. But watch the way he played in his last 3 seasons at United- particularly in 07/08, and watch him for Madrid now.

He was far more exciting at United.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:08 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Ben10 wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Bale is overrated, the likes of Neville can stop him.

And proof of this is where?
    When they last played and you wouldn't even notice Bale was in the game?

Interestingly enough, I believe it was between the Inter fixtures, or right before it. Laughing

Bale is overrated for his Inter performances. I've explained in the past, something just clicked tactically and the result was Bale raping Inter.

I won't rate Bale as highly as others do until he repeats his performances week in and out in the EPL.

Harry Redknapp doesn't believe in tactics, you fail.

Bale obviously wasn't going to perform straight after a European game, where Spurs are known to struggle..

Plus, look at all his great performances, stop just taking out the bad ones, I could take a bad Messi performance and call him overrated..
    JK
    JK

Supports : Arsenal

Post by JK Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:08 am

Are you being serious Mauro? Laughing

About the new quotes, that is. You all write so fast. Sad

Last edited by JK on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:09 am

Messi did fuck all against Hercules! Awful player! Neutral
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:19 am

Danny wrote:Yeah. But watch the way he played in his last 3 seasons at United- particularly in 07/08, and watch him for Madrid now.

More exciting is not equal to better, have you seen his goal scoring record with Madrid? Come on son.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:20 am

dena wrote:
    Danny wrote:Yeah. But watch the way he played in his last 3 seasons at United- particularly in 07/08, and watch him for Madrid now.

More exciting is not equal to better, have you seen his goal scoring record with Madrid? Come on son.
    Of course I have. He seems machine like though. Far less runs, beating defenders for fun, fancy flicks, skills and stepovers etc..
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:20 am

Have you been watching him? I ask this seriously. Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:22 am

Yeah. It was talked about a few weeks ago. Me, Jamie and Kyro all agreed he isn't as exciting to watch, and he's not quite as good. He's certainly not better.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:26 am

I disagree completely, just youtubed "Ronaldo skills" and saw a video made in Sept. of 2009 (barely played any league games) and you can see the step overs galore, I haven't noticed any difference at all, as for a better player? The dude has 55 goals in 59 games for Madrid, better than his GPG he had at his Ballon D'or year. But uh, I'll leave it at that, I know you Ronaldo bummers would never admit to him being a better player (or more complete player, whatever) now. shifty

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:32 pm