Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Danny
Zzonked
GK01
Mal
Gegilworld93
ResurrectionRooney
Van Wolfswinkel
Pippo
Jordi
Ben 10
Andy
15 posters

Andy Gray Struggling to get by on 150k a year.

Anonymous

Andy Gray Struggling to get by on 150k a year. Empty Andy Gray Struggling to get by on 150k a year.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:52 am

Andy Gray Struggling to get by on 150k a year. Andy-Gray-Richard-Keys-Talk-Sport+cropped
    Sacked football pundit Andy Gray is flogging his £3.9million country mansion... because he can’t get by on £150,000 a year.

The shamed Sky Sports ­presenter – given the boot 10 months ago for sexist comments about a ­female assistant ref – has put the five-bedroom property on the market after remortgaging it three times.

Gray, 55, has told a friend: “These are difficult times and I need the money.”

The former Scottish striker earned £1.6million a year at Sky, but now earns a tenth of that co-hosting a Talksport radio show with ex-sidekick Richard Keys.

Both lost their jobs in January after they were recorded off-air complaining that lineswoman Sian Massey didn’t know the offside rule because she was a woman.

Gray’s friend told the Sunday Mirror: “Andy’s got a massive mortgage to pay but suddenly it’s not as easy for him. The place is stunning, but he knows he can’t afford to stay there.

“He told me he’s facing difficult times. It’s no wonder he’s selling up.” The sprawling home in a picturesque Warwickshire village boasts lavish reception rooms, a gym, snooker room, swimming pool, tennis court, ornamental lake, stables, an adjoining three bedroom cottage and its own putting green. It is set in 19 acres of rolling countryside.

Land Registry details show Gray bought the property in August 2005 for £2.1m. The same records reveal his last re-mortgage was in March.

Gray was known as Randy Andy during his heyday with Aston Villa, Wolves, Everton, West Brom and Rangers. He has fathered five children with four women and his two divorces are thought to have cost him hundreds of thousands of pounds.

He now lives with fiancée Rachel Lewis, 41, after having an affair with her behind the back of his former best friend, businessman Michael Lewis.

When Gray was sacked Mr Lewis, 61, said: “Good. I want him to suffer as much as possible for what he did to me.”
    Andy Gray Struggling to get by on 150k a year. Article-1350591-0CE3F384000005DC-533_634x1220
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Andy Gray Struggling to get by on 150k a year. Empty Re: Andy Gray Struggling to get by on 150k a year.

Post by Andy Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:53 am

Thread worthy? I think not.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Andy Gray Struggling to get by on 150k a year. Empty Re: Andy Gray Struggling to get by on 150k a year.

Post by Ben 10 Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:54 am

Fuck off Andy you cretin.
    Andy

Post by Andy Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:55 am

Ben 10 wrote:Fuck off Andy you cretin.

Neutral
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:55 am

I wish I couldn't afford to live on £150k a year. Sad
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:57 am

Wow, what a tiny amount of money he's making. It's no surprsie he is struggling to get by.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:59 am

I Andy I wrote:Thread worthy? I think not.
    Andy Gray Struggling to get by on 150k a year. Rh1jzt
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Formerly known as : Sammy_Tekkers

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:00 am

Was going to say he's a prick, but it seems he's not actually struggling, just brought a house thats too big.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:06 am

Basically now he has normal people salary, he can't afford to keep all his shiny toys and has to sell them.

Threadworthy? I think not.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:06 am

What's £150k these days? 5 decent bottles of wine?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:08 am

polska. wrote:Basically now he has normal people salary, he can't afford to keep all his shiny toys and has to sell them.

Normal people salary??? 150k a year is not a normal persons salary lol.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:12 am

why is Andy not banned? Neutral

only posts utter shit and disgusting posts.

on topic: what Sammys Tekkers said basically, he couldn't have known that he would suddenly earn so little Laughing
    Andy

Post by Andy Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:13 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:why is Andy not banned? Neutral

on topic: what Sammys Tekkers said basically, he couldn't have known that he would suddenly earn so little Laughing

People have posted worse and not received a ban.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:19 am

James wrote:
    polska. wrote:Basically now he has normal people salary, he can't afford to keep all his shiny toys and has to sell them.

I was about to say that. Average salary in this country is a tenth of that. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:09 am

James wrote:

Right, forgot this was in pounds.

Surprised that's quite alot.
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:12 am

polska. wrote:
    James wrote:

Right, forgot this was in pounds.

Surprised that's quite alot.

Where the fuck in the world that has a major currency, is 150k a normal persons salary?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:40 am

Normal People = Not rich/famous people

75-100k is what I would expect is around upper middle class make annually. Andy Gray still has a fine job at TalkSport, so 150k is completely reasonable.

I guess my use of 'normal' is misleading in this case.

edit: forgot it's in pounds.... Wow, Andy Gray still makes quite a fuck load of money then.
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:42 am

polska. wrote:Normal People = Not rich/famous people

75-100k is what I would expect is around upper middle class make annually. Andy Gray still has a fine job at TalkSport, so 150k is completely reasonable.

I guess my use of 'normal' is misleading in this case.

edit: forgot it's in pounds.... Wow, Andy Gray still makes quite a fuck load of money then.

My family is middle class, we make around 50k annually (On one side). 75k-100k that's stretching even the middle class in my opinion Laughing
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:47 am

Pfft, 150k is probably what it costs to rent Tevez's eyelash for an evening.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:51 am

Zzonked wrote:Pfft, 150k is probably what it costs to rent Tevez's eyelash for an evening.
    You wouldn't want to rent many other of his body parts. shifty
    Start.
    Start.

Supports : Chelsea FC.

Post by Start. Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:48 pm

I get less then half of that and i'm fine. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:03 pm

Nobody is ever fully satisfied with the income they get. A study showed people think they should earn 10% more than they are currently getting.

I don't feel sorry for Andy Gray, but I can understand his position. I don't think he is complaining about making £150K a year, it's just a reality that he can't afford the same lifestyle with that income.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Gegilworld93 wrote:why is Andy not banned? Neutral

Andy Gray Struggling to get by on 150k a year. 70955
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:36 pm

If he is having things rough maybe it is time to change those British Pounds into Euros.

Off topic but the people who own the park I work at during the summer are from Spain, I wish I was paid in Euros.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:06 pm

this is only natural, when you live a certain lifestyle accustomed to your wage bracket u must make some desicion if u are no longer earning that money

like when drenthe took lower salary last season after a month he saw he could not pay for his lifestyle and mortgage with the money he was getting and it only got even worse when he recieved no pay for the rest of the year because the club was out of cash

anyways is not difficult to sell your hard assets and find somewhere else to live. his salary is enough to cover and enjoy still a good lifestyle. that cunt of a person
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:32 pm

mauro=beast wrote:this is only natural, when you live a certain lifestyle accustomed to your wage bracket u must make some desicion if u are no longer earning that money

like when drenthe took lower salary last season after a month he saw he could not pay for his lifestyle and mortgage with the money he was getting and it only got even worse when he recieved no pay for the rest of the year because the club was out of cash

anyways is not difficult to sell your hard assets and find somewhere else to live. his salary is enough to cover and enjoy still a good lifestyle. that cunt of a person

In this economy and real estate market? No. How many people out there are in the market for a home over a million pounds?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:40 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    mauro=beast wrote:this is only natural, when you live a certain lifestyle accustomed to your wage bracket u must make some desicion if u are no longer earning that money

In this economy and real estate market? No. How many people out there are in the market for a home over a million pounds?
    Well alot of people are bargain hunting right now for houses in that price range.
    If he was willing to take a cut price it won't be that hard.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:46 pm

He must feel hard done by though after such a drop in wages. He'll adjust to it in good time though an easily get by.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:06 am

Randy Andy Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:24 am