Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Jamie
Barton
Childish Logic
Cadbury
Cornholio
GeorgeL
TheRangersFan
dena
luke.
Cameron.
coolhead33
blackskar
Mario
Scuba Steve
Hitchy
chiboygeorge
JK
Ben
Kuled
Danny
24 posters

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke"

Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 9 Empty Re: andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke"

Post by Jamie Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:41 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Hmm? How so?

I don't think I am being biased at all????

Athletic Club is comparable to Spurs. I don't think I am being biased?

In the same way that a team like Everton is comparable to a team like Villareal. Look to the bottom of the Premier League.....there's lots of teams there who could be high flyers in La Liga.

I don't see the point you're trying to make tbh. Spurs have proven they're a top side.

I haven't been involved in this debate, but surely you aren't suggesting Everton are close to Villarreal's quality?

SBSP
    SBSP

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 9 Empty Re: andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke"

Post by SBSP Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:44 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:Is there a link to this article? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:45 am

i like everton is good team but they are not on level with villarreal

what players in everton that is on same level with reputation as player like marchena, capdevilla, carzola, nilmar, rossi, senna, diego lopez etc? is foolish to say everton is equal to villarreal.

only player from everton that would be useful in villarreal from everton is....no one...maybe fellaini lol, but in every position villarreal have someone better
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:48 am

Jamie wrote:I haven't been involved in this debate, but surely you aren't suggesting Everton are close to Villarreal's quality?

Why not? Bumlicking aside Everton are a team with quality players and just beat a quality team last night too.

It's not really any worse a comparison than Spurs - Bilbao......

"Big names" won't win you anything.....obviously Villareal are doing well right now but then again so are Spurs (in comparison to Bilbao who aren't doing that much....). In a one off game Everton could beat Villareal and it wouldn't be like climbing a mountain...

Bilbao could give Spurs a game but then again most Premier League teams would give 90% of La Liga a game too.....it's just pointless trying to come to a conclusion like "zomg Bilbao finished 8th but Spurs finished 4th and Bilbao are the same so La Liga is obviously better".

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:49 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Jamie wrote:I haven't been involved in this debate, but surely you aren't suggesting Everton are close to Villarreal's quality?

Why not? Bumlicking aside Everton are a team with quality players and just beat a quality team last night too.
    Everton always beat Man City though. Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:49 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:

Everton always beat Man City though. Neutral

What's that supposed to mean though? Those kind of stats don't really mean anything when City's squad is so new.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:50 am

They did the double over them last season. bounce
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:50 am

Luxz0rz wrote:

"Big names" won't win you anything.....obviously Villareal are doing well right now but then again so are Spurs (in comparison to Bilbao who aren't doing that much....). In a one off game Everton could beat Villareal and it wouldn't be like climbing a mountain...

Bilbao could give Spurs a game but then again most Premier League teams would give 90% of La Liga a game too.....it's just pointless trying to come to a conclusion like "zomg Bilbao finished 8th but Spurs finished 4th and Bilbao are the same so La Liga is obviously better".

Villarreal pissed over Everton when they met in the champions league qualifying 5 years ago and the result would be the same today if they met.

Their line-up is far, far, far superior. Villarreal are a champions league standard team, Everton are a Europa League, if even, standard.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:52 am

the point of comparing them is so that we can intepret which team is superior. u cannot just compare and then say 'oh is pointless because is shitted in my pants'

of course everton could beat villarreal. grimbsy town fc could also beat palermo on a certain day. but is all about which is more likelier to win and of course villarreal is obvious
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:55 am

Jamie wrote:Villarreal pissed over Everton when they met in the champions league qualifying 5 years ago and the result would be the same today if they met.

Their line-up is far, far, far superior. Villarreal are a champions league standard team, Everton are a Europa League, if even, standard.

You can't use results from 5 years ago to prove a point now......

Villareal just lost to Getafe recently.....who are very comparable to Everton. Like a said.....a one off match...the favourite doesn't win every game otherwise Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, etc would win almost all their games....yet they don't.

mauro wrote:the point of comparing them is so that we can intepret which team is superior. u cannot just compare and then say 'oh is pointless because is shitted in my pants'

of course everton could beat villarreal. grimbsy town fc could also beat palermo on a certain day. but is all about which is more likelier to win and of course villarreal is obvious

Well tbh Spurs would be the favourites against Bilbao. Spurs with a full strength squad can beat anyone. The results they've gotten this season indicate that they have more ability than Bilbao...consistency is the problem for Spurs.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:02 am

coolmarvin wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    coolmarvin wrote:I would say Sevilla is a lot closer to Spurs than Athletic Club in terms of comparison.

Sevilla and Bilbao are not much different at the moment.

If anything, Bilbao is better this season. Neutral
    I was talking more player-wise, not current performance.

You underrate Bilbao's players than.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:10 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    coolmarvin wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    coolmarvin wrote:I would say Sevilla is a lot closer to Spurs than Athletic Club in terms of comparison.

Then Basketball
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:11 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Hmm? How so?

I don't think I am being biased at all????

Athletic Club is comparable to Spurs. I don't think I am being biased?

In the same way that a team like Everton is comparable to a team like Villareal. Look to the bottom of the Premier League.....there's lots of teams there who could be high flyers in La Liga.

I don't see the point you're trying to make tbh. Spurs have proven they're a top side.

I don't think I understand well. Villarreal is miles ahead of Everton. Who does Everton have whom is better? Perhaps Fellaini would be a welcomed addition, but just him. Perhaps Yobo as well. Arteta might make Villarreal's bench.

Spurs haven't proven jack shit, aside from two Inter victories.

Luxz0rz wrote:

Obviously it's hard for Bilbao to do "much" when their standard of league is soo much better. Spurs wouldn't be getting championship football if the EPL had 4 teams near/at Arsenals quality, and two teams on top of that of Real and Barca's quality.

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Jamie wrote:Villarreal pissed over Everton when they met in the champions league qualifying 5 years ago and the result would be the same today if they met.

You can't use results from 5 years ago to prove a point now......

Villareal just lost to Getafe recently.....who are very comparable to Everton. Like a said.....a one off match...the favourite doesn't win every game otherwise Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, etc would win almost all their games....yet they don't.

mauro wrote:the point of comparing them is so that we can intepret which team is superior. u cannot just compare and then say 'oh is pointless because is shitted in my pants'

Well tbh Spurs would be the favourites against Bilbao. Spurs with a full strength squad can beat anyone. The results they've gotten this season indicate that they have more ability than Bilbao...consistency is the problem for Spurs.

Disagree. Spurs wouldn't be favorable. Like I said, when comparing squads, they are even if I was being biased in favor of English teams. Otherwise, I would predict Bilbao to overrunning the midfield and have Llorente ripping apart Spurs defense, while Spurs struggle in the midfield, Face Iraola in the wing, and have to beat Amorebieta, Gurpegi and De Marcos.

I'll favor Bilbao in this matchup.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:13 am

^ Which brings me back to my first post directed at you in comparison to Andy Gray.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:14 am

OMFG I just realized i've been confusing De Marcos and San Jose all this time. HUGE HUGE facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm by me. :wall2:

rofl

For the record, San Jose is the CB, and De Marcos is the attacking midfielder.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:15 am

yobo sucks

maybe jagielka could be good 3rd choice in villarreal or maybe potential partner for marchena but is very doubtful whether he is better then rodriguez, but yobo is below 4th choice in everton, he is not even good enough for everton is why they send him to turkey

arteta has no place really. bruno is younger and better in deep role while cani is morelikely for him although cani in my opinions is better then arteta anyway
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:16 am

I don't even think Villareal = Everton... I was just being sarcastic because Polska is being stupid
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:16 am

valero is anoother good player better then arteta. honest is imossible to see him getting position there
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:17 am

Luxz0rz wrote:I don't even think Villareal = Everton... I was just being sarcastic because Polska is being stupid

ok
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:18 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    coolmarvin wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

Then Basketball

Seriously though...

At the front, you have perhaps the best Targetman in Europe, Fernando Llorente.

Than you have Yeste and De Marcos on the wings, whose creativity are more than enough to break open Spurs' defense, with Llorente's runs.

After that, you have Gurpegi and Javi Martinez in the midfield. GOOD LUCK MODRIC AND VDV WITH THAT. Laughing

Than Bale would have trouble getting passed Iraola, and if any players were to break through the midfield, they'd face Mikel San Jose and Fernando Amorebieta.

Afterwords, they'd have to take a shot at Iraizoz, who is probably Spain's 5th choice Goalkeeper.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:21 am

Luxz0rz wrote:I don't even think Villareal = Everton... I was just being sarcastic because Polska is being stupid

Being Stupid?

I think my comparison is MORE than fair enough. If you lack knowledge in La Liga players than fine. I can excuse you. What a Face
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:25 am

Messi would find it difficult against Stoke tbf.

He'd probably only get 1 or 2 goals.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:25 am

forestfcfan wrote:Messi would find it difficult against Stoke tbf.

He'd probably only get 1 or 2 goals.
    Laughing
    GeorgeL
    GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:31 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:

Being Stupid?

I think my comparison is MORE than fair enough. If you lack knowledge in La Liga players than fine. I can excuse you. What a Face

No its not. Tottenham would comofortably beat Bilbao.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:35 am

People bum Barca too much, saying they'd walk every league in the world.

They wouldn't.

That's why they don't win the Champions League every year.

Fact
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:37 am

forestfcfan wrote:People bum Barca too much, saying they'd walk every league in the world.

They wouldn't.

Fact

champion league is a 2 leg knockout where anything can happen

league is 38 game, you can lose 3 or 4 game but still win title

much different circumstance
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:39 am

mauro wrote:
    forestfcfan wrote:People bum Barca too much, saying they'd walk every league in the world.

They wouldn't.

Fact

champion league is a 2 leg knockout where anything can happen

league is 38 game, you can lose 3 or 4 game but still win title

much different circumstance

True say dat.

I don't think they'd batter everyone week in week out in the Premier League though as our lower teams our better in quality than La Liga's.

Don't get me wrong though, they'd still win it ahead of Chelsea and United
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:42 am

GeorgeL wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

Being Stupid?

No its not. Tottenham would comofortably beat Bilbao.
    Oh quiet. You wouldn't be able to name 1 player of Bilbao other than Llorente unless you have read my posts. Neutral

What makes Spurs able to comfortably beat Bilbao when they don't even have a comfortably better squad? If a better squad at all?
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:42 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:

Being Stupid?

In your eyes you're right.....otherwise no way.

Stop spamming stupid "LOL BILBAO PLAYER OWN SPURS PLAYER" crap when it's not like that at all.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:43 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

Being Stupid?

In your eyes you're right.....otherwise no way.

Stop spamming stupid "LOL BILBAO PLAYER OWN SPURS PLAYER" crap when it's not like that at all.
    In his defence he's giving evidence as to why Bilbao would win, unlike anyone else arguing. Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:37 pm