Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Jamie
Barton
Childish Logic
Cadbury
Cornholio
GeorgeL
TheRangersFan
dena
luke.
Cameron.
coolhead33
blackskar
Mario
Scuba Steve
Hitchy
chiboygeorge
JK
Ben
Kuled
Danny
24 posters

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke"

chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 2 Empty Re: andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke"

Post by chiboygeorge Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:47 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:IMO Spurs are at the level of Athletic Bilbao.

In terms of player quality anyway.

Iraola would shit on Bale
    Yeste isn't that worse than Modric
    Martinez would more than keep RVP in check
    and Spurs' forwards would struggle against De Marcos and Amorebieta
    Than they would have to face Fernando Llorente ( andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 2 914411 ) upfront.

It's a fairly comparable comparison of two teams.

Now keep in mind that Spurs came 4th last season, and Bilbao 8th. Neutral

La Liga's top half teams would give huge problems to Chelsea/Arsenal/United/City IMO.

Andy Gray is a daft cunt.
    Bale would own Iraola in honest opinion, and Modric is way better than Yeste. But the rest I agree, Bilbao would run that midfield any day against Spurs and Llorente would just shit on Spurs defenders.
    Anonymous

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 2 Empty Re: andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke"

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:48 pm

i think biggest fault with gray in his say is that he not understand that in la liga most team do a 3/4 press

only against barcelona does they do no press and just park bus. but against eatchother is always comeptitive

but in epl watch wolves playing stoke. these team just bypass midfield all the time. only reason why it is a full press is because the ball is never in midfield and always being play direct from defence to attack. that is not hard football! ......that is dumb uneducated football

would stoke do a full press against barcelona? hahaha no ways impossible. if they even try doing that they will be 5-0 down by half time. no team, no-t even real madrid and arsenal have tried a full press against barcelona. is just pure suicide

im a fucking 16 and i have more common sense then that bald clown
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Scuba Steve wrote:
    mauro wrote:
    "La Liga just doesn't have the same depth in quality that the Premier League has these days. I'd fancy West Ham against any bottom half team in La Liga, maybe even the likes of Atletico and Villarreal"

This year, United couldn't beat Valencia at home, and got a close 1-0 win at the Mestalla. Two years ago, United could not score against Villarreal, home or away. That same year, Liverpool couldn't overturn Atletico Madrid home or away, and needy a dodgy, dodgy penalty to even get the point at home.

Am I really supposed to believe that West Ham is equivalent to the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea, Mr. Gray?
    Use your brain Stevie boy. We dealt with United-Valencia yesterday, and as for Villarreal, their performances were the closest I've seen to "anti football", they never had the intention of beating us.2 seasons ago in Spain. And you also take into account they didntt stick any past us as well.. Wink
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Ben10 wrote:Sevilla finished 3rd
    and? it is still equivalent.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:49 pm

chiboygeorge wrote:
    Ben10 wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 2 70955

Spanish teams have always done it over PL sides, Seville x Spurs, Atletico x Fulham and that friendly when Barca YOUTH man handled Spurs....etc.

Messi would run riot against Stoke....easily...

This was when Sevilla were 3rd best in Spain and Spurs were about 8th though. And everyone knows Atletico are stronger than Fulham.
    Spurs finished 5th that season. andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 2 58503

So what if Atletico is stronger than Fulham? fact is Premier League teams can't keep up with La Liga teams.

The top of the table yeah. Barca and Real are stronger than Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City. Debatable about Spurs being stronger than Atletico, Villarreal etc.
    The quality is undoubtedly better in La Liga, but the sides lower down in the Premier League are probably better than the teams low down in La Liga.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:51 pm

chiboygeorge wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:IMO Spurs are at the level of Athletic Bilbao.

In terms of player quality anyway.

Iraola would shit on Bale
    Yeste isn't that worse than Modric
    Martinez would more than keep RVP in check
    and Spurs' forwards would struggle against De Marcos and Amorebieta
    Than they would have to face Fernando Llorente ( andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 2 914411 ) upfront.

It's a fairly comparable comparison of two teams.

Now keep in mind that Spurs came 4th last season, and Bilbao 8th. Neutral

La Liga's top half teams would give huge problems to Chelsea/Arsenal/United/City IMO.

Andy Gray is a daft cunt.
    Bale would own Iraola in honest opinion, and Modric is way better than Yeste. But the rest I agree, Bilbao would run that midfield any day against Spurs and Llorente would just shit on Spurs defenders.

Modric is way better than Yeste on pure talent, but Yeste's experience would surely help.

Bale is overrated, the likes of Neville can stop him. In fact, all EPL wingers are overrated as hell. Iraola would match Bale easily and more.

Isn't Iraola Spains 3rd choice RB anyway?
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:51 pm

Ben10 wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    Ben10 wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 2 70955

Spanish teams have always done it over PL sides, Seville x Spurs, Atletico x Fulham and that friendly when Barca YOUTH man handled Spurs....etc.

This was when Sevilla were 3rd best in Spain and Spurs were about 8th though. And everyone knows Atletico are stronger than Fulham.
    Spurs finished 5th that season. andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 2 58503

So what if Atletico is stronger than Fulham? fact is Premier League teams can't keep up with La Liga teams.

The top of the table yeah. Barca and Real are stronger than Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City. Debatable about Spurs being stronger than Atletico, Villarreal etc.
    The quality is undoubtedly better in La Liga, but the sides lower down in the Premier League are probably better than the teams low down in La Liga.

I doubt that the teams that are 11-20 can beat the likes named, Hércules, Racing, Deportivo, Mallorca(especially at home) etc. etc.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:52 pm

Ben10 wrote:

but how do you know this? because i cannot seeing this as possible. i have not seeing a team in la liga that is as bad as wigan and unsophisticated as west ham
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:53 pm

Ben10 wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    Ben10 wrote:

Who?

Blackburn? West Ham? Wigan? Stoke?

I think they'd get outclassed to be fair.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:53 pm

mauro wrote:
    Ben10 wrote:

but how do you know this? because i cannot seeing this as possible. i have not seeing a team in la liga that is as bad as wigan and unsophisticated as west ham
    Tbh, Wigan on their day, are a half decent side. As are West Ham
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Ben10 wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    Ben10 wrote:

I do agree, the clubs wishing to survive relegation from La Liga are fairly weak. Even Polish clubs are better than them. But that's where it ends in comparisons.

edit: However sides like Wigan and West Ham are no better than Wisla either tbh. Neutral

Last edited by (polskaGOLA) on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:54 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Bale is overrated, the likes of Neville can stop him.

And proof of this is where?
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:56 pm

mauro wrote:
    Ben10 wrote:

Wigan can play nice stuff, but then again they can just roll over. West Ham (bar Parker) are just shocking really.
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:57 pm

I'd go for. Neutral

11. Sevilla > WBA
    12. Hércules > Blackurn
    13. Deportivo > Stoke
    14. Racing < Everton
    15. Osasuna = Aston Villa(not too sure about this one)
    16. Levante < Birmingham
    17 Almería < Fulham
    18. Málaga > Wigan
    19. Gijon > Wolves
    20. Zaragoza > West Ham
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Ben10 wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

When they last played and you wouldn't even notice Bale was in the game?

Interestingly enough, I believe it was between the Inter fixtures, or right before it. Laughing

Bale is overrated for his Inter performances. I've explained in the past, something just clicked tactically and the result was Bale raping Inter.

I won't rate Bale as highly as others do until he repeats his performances week in and out in the EPL.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Ben10 wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

Everton v Spurs a few weeks ago.

But to be fair, Neville could yeah, Maicon got torn apart by him. Twice Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:58 pm

Pablo Sarabia wrote:I'd go for. Neutral

11. Sevilla > WBA
    12. Hércules > Blackurn
    13. Deportivo > Stoke
    14. Racing < Everton
    16. Levante < Birmingham
    17 Almería < Fulham
    18. Málaga > Wigan
    19. Gijon > Wolves
    20. Zaragoza > West Ham
    No bias at all eh Eggy? Wink
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:58 pm

Danny wrote:
    mauro wrote:
    Ben10 wrote:

Tbh, Wigan on their day, are a half decent side. As are West Ham

but anyone can saying this about any team

sure wigan trying to play good football but it is tacky football not even on the level of low la liga teams in which this style of football is come natural. wigan regular fail in their possession with basic mistakes that is being expected of a team that is being force to play a style that they not used to

with la liga team, is natural to build from defence, recycle ball, move it around with many touches in own half, and then 1 touch in attack. wigan cannot even do this to a good level. if wigan play a lowly la liga team they will be schooled on how to doin it properly. martinez should being appluad for his effort in trying but at the end of it all, its just a failure.

and west ham? plz man, that team is just a joke. zaragoza would make their defenders look like noobs

comparing a team say valencia with spurs, valencia obviously more technically better but the winner out of these 2 will always being debateable as we know spurs will compensate with physical play. this is important for stronger team like valencia and spurs. but when it going to the small teams like west ham x zaragoza, technique is what matter the most and wigan is just not good enough. victor obinna is suppose to being most technical player in west ham? shocking!
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:58 pm

Danny wrote:
    Ben10 wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

Maicon was shit all season, wanna bet if both were in-form, Bale had no chance?
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:59 pm

Danny wrote:
    Ben10 wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

Oh, I assumed Gary Neville.
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:59 pm

Danny wrote:

11. Sevilla > WBA
    12. Hércules > Blackurn
    13. Deportivo > Stoke
    14. Racing < Everton
    16. Levante < Birmingham
    17 Almería < Fulham
    18. Málaga > Wigan
    19. Gijon > Wolves
    20. Zaragoza > West Ham

Nah, if I was being biased, I'd put Almería > Fulham, Osasuna > Aston Villa, and Levante > Birmingham. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:00 pm

Danny wrote:

11. Sevilla > WBA
    12. Hércules > Blackurn
    13. Deportivo > Stoke
    14. Racing < Everton
    16. Levante < Birmingham
    17 Almería < Fulham
    18. Málaga > Wigan
    19. Gijon > Wolves
    20. Zaragoza > West Ham

Aston Villa would beat Osasuna, but I think he is right in all of them.

edit: Wolves might be able to beat Gijon as well. Wolves actually don't have such a horrible side on paper.
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:01 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Danny wrote:

11. Sevilla > WBA
    12. Hércules > Blackurn
    13. Deportivo > Stoke
    14. Racing < Everton
    16. Levante < Birmingham
    17 Almería < Fulham
    18. Málaga > Wigan
    19. Gijon > Wolves
    20. Zaragoza > West Ham

edit: Wolves might be able to beat Gijon as well. Wolves actually don't have such a horrible side on paper.

Osasuna at home is a pain in the ass though. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:02 pm

Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Danny wrote:

11. Sevilla > WBA
    12. Hércules > Blackurn
    13. Deportivo > Stoke
    14. Racing < Everton
    16. Levante < Birmingham
    17 Almería < Fulham
    18. Málaga > Wigan
    19. Gijon > Wolves
    20. Zaragoza > West Ham

meh. I don't like Osasuna. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:03 pm

osasuna is great counterattacks
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:04 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Danny wrote:

11. Sevilla > WBA
    12. Hércules > Blackurn
    13. Deportivo > Stoke
    14. Racing < Everton
    16. Levante < Birmingham
    17 Almería < Fulham
    18. Málaga > Wigan
    19. Gijon > Wolves
    20. Zaragoza > West Ham

meh. I don't like Osasuna. Neutral

Neither do I but it can be really hard to play them especially at home. Neutral
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:05 pm

1. Barcelona > Man Utd
    2. Real Madrid > Arsenal
    3. Villarreal < Man City
    4. Valencia < Chelsea
    5. Espanyol < Spurs
    6. Atletico > Sunderland
    7. Getafe > Bolton
    8. Bilbao > Newcastle
    9. Sociedad < Liverpool
    10. Mallorca > Blackpool
    11. Sevilla > West Brom
    12. Hercules = Blackburn
    13. Deportivo > Stoke
    14. Santander < Everton
    15. Osasuna < Villa
    16. Levante < Birmingham
    17. Almeria < Fulham
    18. Malaga = Wigan
    19. Gijon < Wolves
    20. Zaragoza > West Ham
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:07 pm

Hercules on par with Blackburn...aka...lob it to Samba? and Man City is got nothing on Villarreal.
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:08 pm

Ben10 wrote:1. Barcelona > Man Utd
    2. Real Madrid > Arsenal
    3. Villarreal > Man City
    4. Valencia < Chelsea
    5. Espanyol < Spurs
    6. Atletico > Sunderland
    7. Getafe > Bolton
    8. Bilbao > Newcastle
    9. Sociedad < Liverpool
    10. Mallorca > Blackpool
    11. Sevilla > West Brom
    12. Hercules > Blackburn
    13. Deportivo > Stoke
    14. Santander < Everton
    15. Osasuna = Villa
    16. Levante < Birmingham
    17. Almeria < Fulham
    18. Malaga > Wigan
    19. Gijon > Wolves
    20. Zaragoza > West Ham

Corrected it into my version. Neutral

Sorry but no, Hércules is Blackburn? Laughing And what makes Man Shitty better than Villarreal? While they struggle vs such weak teams.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:08 pm

1. Barcelona > Man Utd
    2. Real Madrid > Arsenal
    3. Villarreal > Man City
    4. Valencia < Chelsea
    5. Espanyol < Spurs
    6. Atletico > Sunderland
    7. Getafe > Bolton
    8. Bilbao > Newcastle
    9. Sociedad >/= Liverpool
    10. Mallorca > Blackpool
    11. Sevilla > West Brom
    12. Hercules > Blackburn
    13. Deportivo > Stoke
    14. Santander < Everton
    15. Osasuna 16. Levante < Birmingham
    17. Almeria < Fulham
    18. Malaga < Wigan
    19. Gijon < Wolves
    20. Zaragoza > West Ham

What I think.

Unfair matching though. Spurs > Espanyol, but tbh, they aren't much better than 11th Sevilla. Razz

the /= are ones I am undecided on.

edit, on second thought, Villarreal > City, looking at Lech's performances versus them.

Last edited by (polskaGOLA) on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:28 pm