Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Jamie
Barton
Childish Logic
Cadbury
Cornholio
GeorgeL
TheRangersFan
dena
luke.
Cameron.
coolhead33
blackskar
Mario
Scuba Steve
Hitchy
chiboygeorge
JK
Ben
Kuled
Danny
24 posters

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke"

Danny
    Danny

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 5 Empty Re: andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke"

Post by Danny Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:36 am

dena wrote:I disagree completely, just youtubed "Ronaldo skills" and saw a video made in Sept. of 2009 (barely played any league games) and you can see the step overs galore, I haven't noticed any difference at all, as for a better player? The dude has 55 goals in 59 games for Madrid, better than his GPG he had at his Ballon D'or year. But uh, I'll leave it at that, I know you Ronaldo bummers would never admit to him being a better player (or more complete player, whatever) now. shifty
    More complete?

If one thing's for sure, he's added nothing to his game since leaving Manchester.
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 5 Empty Re: andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke"

Post by TheRangersFan Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:00 am

As much as Andy Gray is a legend, he knows the square root of fuck all about football outside England.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:04 am

dena wrote:I disagree completely, just youtubed "Ronaldo skills" and saw a video made in Sept. of 2009 (barely played any league games) and you can see the step overs galore, I haven't noticed any difference at all, as for a better player? The dude has 55 goals in 59 games for Madrid, better than his GPG he had at his Ballon D'or year. But uh, I'll leave it at that, I know you Ronaldo bummers would never admit to him being a better player (or more complete player, whatever) now. andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 5 279869

Tbh, it just shows La Liga is shit compared to the Prem.. Neutral

I can see his point tbh. Messi probably would struggle against Stoke when they try to boot you out of the stadium rather than the ball, Messi's only little after all.. Neutral
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:05 am

Many myths going around. Hopefully this helps debunk one of them.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:05 am

Wow, I'm really disappointed, I usually don't mind Andy Gray and say people give him a bit too much stick, but he shouldn't comment on other leagues, ever.

Messi takes hard challenges and stuff better than Ronaldo did, who ripped the league up.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:06 am

Dan wrote:
    dena wrote:I disagree completely, just youtubed "Ronaldo skills" and saw a video made in Sept. of 2009 (barely played any league games) and you can see the step overs galore, I haven't noticed any difference at all, as for a better player? The dude has 55 goals in 59 games for Madrid, better than his GPG he had at his Ballon D'or year. But uh, I'll leave it at that, I know you Ronaldo bummers would never admit to him being a better player (or more complete player, whatever) now. andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 5 279869

I can see his point tbh. Messi probably would struggle against Stoke when they try to boot you out of the stadium rather than the ball, Messi's only little after all.. Neutral

I'm going to say... you're being sarcastic. think
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:07 am

dena wrote:I disagree completely, just youtubed "Ronaldo skills" and saw a video made in Sept. of 2009 (barely played any league games) and you can see the step overs galore, I haven't noticed any difference at all, as for a better player? The dude has 55 goals in 59 games for Madrid, better than his GPG he had at his Ballon D'or year. But uh, I'll leave it at that, I know you Ronaldo bummers would never admit to him being a better player (or more complete player, whatever) now. shifty
    Mate, he's lost something since he left us, he hasn't got a flair about him, doesn't run past players as much as he used to, he's a goal machine now but he's not a more brilliant individual player imo.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:09 am

dena wrote:
    Dan wrote:

I'm going to say... you're being sarcastic. andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 5 214775

With the second point yeah, Barca's passing and movement will mean Stoke would have so many players sent off due to late tackles that the game has to be abandoned and Barca given the 3-0 win.. Neutral

First point is true.. Neutral
    GeorgeL
    GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:10 am

To be fair, the OP has misquoted Gray badly here. He gets the general gist of what he was saying, but watching it live, Gray's views were nowehere near as extreme as how they have been presented here.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:10 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Mate, he's lost something since he left us, he hasn't got a flair about him, doesn't run past players as much as he used to, he's a goal machine now but he's not a more brilliant individual player imo.

Like I said to Danny, I just don't see it. The step overs are there, the flicks are there (just look at the controversy caused by his 'back pass' vs. Atletico) the runs are there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:12 am

dena wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Like I said to Danny, I just don't see it. The step overs are there, the flicks are there (just look at the controversy caused by his 'back pass' vs. Atletico) the runs are there.
    At United he was a much more exciting player to watch, well that's my opinion anyway, and I don't think he'd have this goal record in our league.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:14 am

kyro7 wrote:
    dena wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

At United he was a much more exciting player to watch, well that's my opinion anyway, and I don't think he'd have this goal record in our league.

Can't argue with opinion, but as for the second part, he already did. shifty

Ronaldo scored 31 league goals for United in 2008, last year he only had 26.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:16 am

dena wrote:Can't argue with opinion, but as for the second part, he already did. shifty

Ronaldo scored 31 league goals for United in 2008, last year he only had 26.
    I'm talking about right now, he wouldn't be able to get 22 in 24 like La Liga and I don't think Messi could get 27 in 23, plus his 15 assists.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:21 am

Well, they don't have those records in La Liga, that's over all competitions for this season. Messi and Ronaldo havent hit 20 in La Liga, I'd bet both are around 16, 17. Which tbh if you'd ask me, compared to the other top scorers of leagues in Europe, and the fact these two are the best in the world, is just about right at this point.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:24 am

I hate Andy Gray.

But I have to agree with him on this occasion.
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:25 am

Dan wrote:

Lol. You know what shows that Prem is shit compared to La Liga, VDV doing well. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:25 am

dena wrote:Well, they don't have those records in La Liga, that's over all competitions for this season. Messi and Ronaldo havent hit 20 in La Liga, I'd bet both are around 16, 17. Which tbh if you'd ask me, compared to the other top scorers of leagues in Europe, and the fact these two are the best in the world, is just about right at this point.
    Messi has 17 goals in 14 league games, and I don't know how many assists.. Ronaldo has 17 goals in 16 league games and same with Messi not sure on the assists, they are the best two in the world but I don't think they'd have that in the Premier League.
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:26 am

Danny wrote:
    More complete?

If one thing's for sure, he's added nothing to his game since leaving Manchester.

Sorry but Ronaldo is a more complete player now, he also isn't as selfish as he used to be.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:27 am

Shawcross would break his leg so he would be useless.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:28 am

James wrote:Shawcross would break his leg so he would be useless.

I was just thinking that.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:29 am

kyro7 wrote:
    dena wrote:Well, they don't have those records in La Liga, that's over all competitions for this season. Messi and Ronaldo havent hit 20 in La Liga, I'd bet both are around 16, 17. Which tbh if you'd ask me, compared to the other top scorers of leagues in Europe, and the fact these two are the best in the world, is just about right at this point.
    Messi has 17 goals in 14 league games, and I don't know how many assists.. Ronaldo has 17 goals in 16 league games and same with Messi not sure on the assists, they are the best two in the world but I don't think they'd have that in the Premier League.

Once again, opinion so I won't argue, just offer mine in return. It's about the halfway point in the season, if they kept on pace both would probably reach 34-38 league goals. Compensating for injuries, maybe 32-35. Ronaldo has already reached 31 in 34 games for United, so I see no reason why if hypothetically, Madrid and Barcelona joined La Liga, they could not come close those numbers. It's not like Premier League defenses are amazing, Berbatov dropped 5 on Blackburn. Razz

Anyway, I feel like I'm doing the La Liga - EPL debate from yesterday all over again, so I'll try to leave it at that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:31 am

dena wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Once again, opinion so I won't argue, just offer mine in return. It's about the halfway point in the season, if they kept on pace both would probably reach 34-38 league goals. Compensating for injuries, maybe 32-35. Ronaldo has already reached 31 in 34 games for United, so I see no reason why if hypothetically, Madrid and Barcelona joined La Liga, they could not come close those numbers. It's not like Premier League defenses are amazing, Berbatov dropped 5 on Blackburn. Razz

Anyway, I feel like I'm doing the La Liga - EPL debate from yesterday all over again, so I'll try to leave it at that.
    Meh, maybe you're right, I just think there's such a massive gap between the best and the rest in La Liga that it helps goalscoring.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:31 am

Pablo Sarabia wrote:

Lol. You know what shows that Prem is shit compared to La Liga, VDV doing well. Laughing

Lol. You know what shows that La Liga is shit compared to Prem, Forlan doing well. Laughing
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:32 am

Ben10 wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:

Lol. You know what shows that La Liga is shit compared to Prem, Forlan doing well. Laughing

World Cup 2010. Wink And Forlán isn't exactly doing well atm. So that one failed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:32 am

Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Your league is basically two teams - then the rest. So shut the fuck up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:32 am

Ben10 wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:

Laughing
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:33 am

Dan wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Wink

I can play the game you guys play, you guys can't handle it that there's a league better than yours. Wink
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:34 am

Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Wink

I can play the game you guys play, you guys can't handle it that there's a league better than yours. Wink

Our current Champions are 4th. Your current Champions are 1st.. Neutral
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:34 am

Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Ben10 wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:

World Cup 2010. Wink And Forlán isn't exactly doing well atm. So that one failed.

Not really. Wink Forlan's been top scorer twice in La Liga. So that one failed.
    Mario
    Mario

Post by Mario Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:34 am

Dan wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Pablo Sarabia wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Wink

Our current Champions are 4th. Your current Champions are 1st.. Neutral

Your current champions have been shit and have had injuries, they'll walk away with it once everyone is fit again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:27 pm