Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Jamie
Barton
Childish Logic
Cadbury
Cornholio
GeorgeL
TheRangersFan
dena
luke.
Cameron.
coolhead33
blackskar
Mario
Scuba Steve
Hitchy
chiboygeorge
JK
Ben
Kuled
Danny
24 posters

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke"

Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 8 Empty Re: andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke"

Post by Jamie Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:26 am

If that's all he said then fair enough, no problems with that.
    Anonymous

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 8 Empty Re: andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke"

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:27 am

Andy Gray is a retard anyways. They need to find a new commentator for the FIFA series.

Why would Stoke stop Messi unless they parked the bus? Because of their strength? Messi is one of the strongest players on the ball in the world. Is it because they would push up and pressure Barca? That's the worst tactic to pull off against Barca. If you push your team up, you will be raped by Barca. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:35 am

Top English Premier League TV pundit and journalist Andy Gray has
    sensationally remarked that Barcelona’s World Player of the Year Lionel
    Messi would struggle to cope with the rigours of the English Premier
    League, and believes he could not cut it away at Stoke City.

The Sky Sports host, who enjoyed spells with Aston Villa and Everton
    during his playing career, was discussing the 2010 Ballon d’Or nominees
    during Monday evening’s broadcast of Manchester City versus Everton.

When asked by co-presenter Richard Keys whether he felt Messi and Real
    Madrid rival Cristiano Ronaldo would be capable of scoring so
    prolifically in England, Gray stated his belief that the Argentine would
    "struggle in a cold night at the Britiannia Stadium", referring to the
    home of top-flight side Stoke City. He added that "Barcelona would
    struggle in the EPL as they've never played the likes of Stoke."

The 55-year-old also claimed that La Liga, when compared to its English
    equivalent, did not have the same depth of quality, hinting that Ronaldo
    and Messi would labour to score as consistently, despite the former
    scoring 31 goals in 34 matches for Manchester United in the 2007-08
    season.

Furthermore, on Ronaldo, Gray criticised the decision to omit the
    Portuguese from the final of the Ballon d’Or, but added that he "would
    not be the player that he is today had he not played in English
    football".

What a Face
    GeorgeL
    GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:57 am

mauro wrote:Top English Premier League TV pundit and journalist Andy Gray has
    sensationally remarked that Barcelona’s World Player of the Year Lionel
    Messi would struggle to cope with the rigours of the English Premier
    League, and believes he could not cut it away at Stoke City.

The Sky Sports host, who enjoyed spells with Aston Villa and Everton
    during his playing career, was discussing the 2010 Ballon d’Or nominees
    during Monday evening’s broadcast of Manchester City versus Everton.

When asked by co-presenter Richard Keys whether he felt Messi and Real
    Madrid rival Cristiano Ronaldo would be capable of scoring so
    prolifically in England, Gray stated his belief that the Argentine would
    "struggle in a cold night at the Britiannia Stadium", referring to the
    home of top-flight side Stoke City. He added that "Barcelona would
    struggle in the EPL as they've never played the likes of Stoke."

The 55-year-old also claimed that La Liga, when compared to its English
    equivalent, did not have the same depth of quality, hinting that Ronaldo
    and Messi would labour to score as consistently, despite the former
    scoring 31 goals in 34 matches for Manchester United in the 2007-08
    season.

Furthermore, on Ronaldo, Gray criticised the decision to omit the
    Portuguese from the final of the Ballon d’Or, but added that he "would
    not be the player that he is today had he not played in English
    football".

What a Face

This contains most of the stupid stuff he said last night. The guy who started this thread was just making stuff up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:04 am

andy gray on sky : "messi wouldnt cut it against stoke" - Page 8 599439
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:12 am

Tbh, Gray thinks a squad full of players like Traore, Biscan and Baros is better than a squad full of Torres, Mascherano and Agger.

Stupid bitter cunt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:15 am

I like Andy Gray. :ninja:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:15 am

He would either destroy them or be dominated. I don't think he's ever played well in England has he? scratch
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:17 am

Anderson=Class wrote:He would either destroy them or be dominated. I don't think he's ever played well in England has he? scratch
    Played well in the first leg v Arsenal, didn't score though.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:17 am

Anderson=Class wrote:He would either destroy them or be dominated. I don't think he's ever played well in England has he? scratch
    Tbh, he's never played that well against English teams full stop until last season.

Until he scored the header in the Final he didn't exactly trouble Ferdinand and Vidic.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:19 am

Messi would rip the Premier League up, just not as much as La Liga.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:21 am

Danny wrote:
    Tbh, he's never played that well against English teams full stop until last season.

Until he scored the header in the Final he didn't exactly trouble Ferdinand and Vidic.

He's played well against Chelsea before when he was like 19. He was Barca's best player the time you knocked them out, he's ripped Arsenal apart...he scored a header and played very well in the final vs you.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:21 am

Jamie wrote:
    Danny wrote:

He's played well against Chelsea before when he was like 19. He was Barca's best player the time you knocked them out, he's ripped Arsenal apart...he scored a header and played very well in the final vs you.

I did mention that tbh Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:22 am

messi wouldnt score easy like that in serie a What a Face
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:23 am

Yeah but Jamie's mentioned enough things.. and take in mind these are all against the better teams, how often do you see the big players go missing in these games, how many times has Fabregas done fuck all?

And he plays the big English teams more often.. but he's still one of the best players in the league.. Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:23 am

mauro wrote:messi wouldnt score easy like that in serie a What a Face
    All the defenders are grandads in La Liga, Messi could walk past them with ease Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:24 am

Danny wrote:
    All the defenders are grandads in La Liga, Messi could walk past them with ease Neutral
    Did you mean in Seria A?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:26 am

party like its 1999
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:07 am

The debate regarding which league is better is pointless, as "better" is all subjective.

For me, better is a league with better teams, and by better teams, better squads and coaches. Here, La Liga rapes EPL, from top to the very bottom.

Like I said very early in this thread, Athletic Club is very comparable to Tottenham squadwise. Iraola would get sued for raping the kid Bale, Yeste and Modric are comparable, Martinez would give VDV haunting memories, Fernando Llorente would shit on Spurs defense, and Spurs would have to face De Marcos and Amorebieta. Likewise, Spurs would give Athletic Club a few scares as well. (Although in the end, I believe in such a matchup, Bilbao would dominate the midfield and Llorente would go cockhunting, but I am trying to not be biased here)

If Athletic Bilbao is = Tottenham, where does that leave the others? I mean Atletico, Valencia, Villarreal* are much better than Bilbao, and are the reasons as to why Bilbao finished 8th last season rather than 4th like Spurs did in England. IMO Atletico, Valencia and Villarreal are fairly comparable to Arsenal, with Arsenal having the slight edge on them.

*- I didn't put in Sevilla as they are having a shit season.

Now, Manchester United and Chelsea at the moment both look pathetically weak in comparison to last season. Chelsea has no depth, so when an injury crisis strikes, they fell in trouble. Likewise, United aren't nearly as good of a side they claim to be when they are missing a few key players, or a few players aren't performing. I believe how they are still getting points is purely down to Ferguson's backroom brilliance with working on the players teamwork and mentality, as well as his brilliance in tactics. At the end of the day, Although a level higher then them, I don't rate these sides much better than Villarreal/Atletico/Valencia.

Than obviously Barcelona and Real Madrid can shit wherever they want to in Europe. Noone comes close.

I can debate this further down the league as well, but it'd be little point. Regarding the league competitiveness, well I don't think the EPL is all that much more competitive than La Liga. La Liga has many more good teams than the EPL has. Perhaps when you say the EPL is competitive, you mean the quality of teams are much closer together? If so, than perhaps EPL is more competitive in that way.

But like I said, Better is all subjective, and it is pointless at the end, it shouldn't effect who you watch or your support for your club. Likewise, admitting that your league is of lesser quality than another, shouldn't mean jack all regarding who you watch and support. I don't see why it is such a big issue to admit your league is worse than another. Perhaps I see it differently with me support a Polish club than you guys see it.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:21 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Did you mean in Seria A?
    FUCK SAKE!!

I made the exact same mistake last night facepalm
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:31 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:IMO Spurs are at the level of Athletic Bilbao.

In terms of player quality anyway.

Iraola would shit on Bale
    Yeste isn't that worse than Modric
    Martinez would more than keep RVP in check
    and Spurs' forwards would struggle against De Marcos and Amorebieta
    Than they would have to face Fernando Llorente ( not worthy ) upfront.

It's a fairly comparable comparison of two teams.

Now keep in mind that Spurs came 4th last season, and Bilbao 8th. Neutral

La Liga's top half teams would give huge problems to Chelsea/Arsenal/United/City IMO.

Andy Gray is a daft cunt.

Andy Gray is a moron, but you're view is on the other end of the scale (not as in not moronic, as in Andy Gray is too ignorant/pro Premier League whilst you're massively anti English).

Spurs beat the Champions League holders and topped possibly the toughest group out of all the groups....I reckon they have a good chance against AC Milan and where are Bilbao? Nowhere. The top teams in the Premier League have perhaps sunk a little bit due to certain factors but on their best form they're still great teams.....and when you see the quality of teams in the Premier League right the way down to the bottom it's impossible that La Liga has more strength in depth.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:32 am

Is there a link to this article? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:33 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:IMO Spurs are at the level of Athletic Bilbao.

In terms of player quality anyway.

Iraola would shit on Bale
    Yeste isn't that worse than Modric
    Martinez would more than keep RVP in check
    and Spurs' forwards would struggle against De Marcos and Amorebieta
    Than they would have to face Fernando Llorente ( not worthy ) upfront.

It's a fairly comparable comparison of two teams.

Now keep in mind that Spurs came 4th last season, and Bilbao 8th. Neutral

La Liga's top half teams would give huge problems to Chelsea/Arsenal/United/City IMO.

Andy Gray is a daft cunt.

Andy Gray is a moron, but you're view is on the other end of the scale (not as in not moronic, as in Andy Gray is too ignorant/pro Premier League whilst you're massively anti English).

Hmm? How so?

I don't think I am being biased at all????

Athletic Club is comparable to Spurs. I don't think I am being biased?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:35 am

The only reason stoke would stop him is because that big ugly cunt shawcross would go right through him and break his legs.

Then cry like a baby and walk off the field.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:36 am

The-Reporter wrote:The only reason stoke would stop him is because that big ugly cunt shawcross would go right through him and break his legs.

Calm down about Shawcross. Neutral
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:37 am

I would say Sevilla is a lot closer to Spurs than Athletic Club in terms of comparison.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:37 am

coolmarvin wrote:I would say Sevilla is a lot closer to Spurs than Athletic Club in terms of comparison.

Sevilla and Bilbao are not much different at the moment.

If anything, Bilbao is better this season. Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:38 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Hmm? How so?

I don't think I am being biased at all????

Athletic Club is comparable to Spurs. I don't think I am being biased?

In the same way that a team like Everton is comparable to a team like Villareal. Look to the bottom of the Premier League.....there's lots of teams there who could be high flyers in La Liga.

I don't see the point you're trying to make tbh. Spurs have proven they're a top side.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:39 am; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:38 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:The only reason stoke would stop him is because that big ugly cunt shawcross would go right through him and break his legs.

Calm down about Shawcross. Neutral
    I am calm.. just getting ready to go out for a few festive beers with the lads Smile
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:39 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    coolmarvin wrote:I would say Sevilla is a lot closer to Spurs than Athletic Club in terms of comparison.

Sevilla and Bilbao are not much different at the moment.

If anything, Bilbao is better this season. Neutral
    I was talking more player-wise, not current performance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:36 pm