Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
luke.
Jack
Carlos Jenkinson
Cadbury
Theo Filippo
Jamie
ayvee1
Scouser_Dave
dena
Barton
Zzonked
Cornholio
Dean
Fanatic
ResurrectionRooney
19 posters

Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much

Cornholio
    Cornholio

Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much - Page 4 Empty Re: Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much

Post by Cornholio Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:33 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Cornholio wrote:Bullshit. Rio missed the test on purpose. You're a mong if you think otherwise. He took a test a week later and was clear.

Brilliant except coke leaves your system in two days.

You're absolutely clueless if you think one of the best CB's in the world missed a years worth of football because "He forgot he had a test". His career was on the line and he would have known in advance.

I've worked on a building site where if things went wrong, LIVES were at stake and people could go to prison. For that reason there were random drug tests. My boss knew who was going to be tested and told the person who took drugs not to come into work that day.

Rio was on drugs. If you don't think he was, you're a blinded fool.

I'm blind? Fuck off.

Rio Ferdinand tells Fiona Bruce that he accepts that his reputation as a drug free player has been damaged even though he hoped a hair follicle test would prove his claim never to have taken recreational or performance enhancing drugs.

"My name was out there in the public arena for people to make assumptions on why I missed a drugs test. That stigma is something that may never go away.

"I have never done any type of drug and there's no place at all in my life at all for that to be associated with me."

"My phone records get put out into the public which is just something that I could never understand and it is something that really really did hurt me.

"And then my family and my friends are stopped by people, media trying to get derogatory stories of people offering people money to sell stories on me.

"I've got young brothers and sisters that have to come out onto the street and they've seen strangers with big cameras and stuff that's scaring them there the kind of things that I have to deal, as a footballer you've got to deal with things to a certain extent but you don't expect your family to be to be intruded on."

Rio Ferdinand admits that on the day the testers came to Manchester United he was twice told that he was required to produce a sample.

He insists that this act of "forgetfulness" constantly plays on his mind: "I might sit there in a room and it goes through my head, I could be watching EastEnders, it goes through my head straightaway.

"You ask yourself the question how did you forget, there's no answer for it I can't find an answer I forget, if I'd known at the time I that I'd forgotten I wouldn't be here now as I said and that's the fact of the matter."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2004/03_march/22/rio.shtml

So Rio came out and said he never took drugs?

Well this changes everything.

Disregard my previous post.
    Anonymous

Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much - Page 4 Empty Re: Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:34 am

Dan wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Even if Rio did take drugs, I honestly don't give a shit. Laughing

I'd give a shit if one of my players was taking drugs. Don't be daft.
    But he came back after it, and since then won loads of trophies and formed an amazing partnership with Vidic, I've taken drugs in my time so why would I judge Rio? Neutral

You aren't paid £100k a week, sat in a privelidged position, a role model to young children and adults and aren't in a profession where having a healthy lifestyle is vital.
    Yeah but why should I care about that?

It's not in my interest, footballers are humans and I don't follow everything they do therefore I don't mind. Laughing
    Anonymous

Cornholio wrote:So Rio came out and said he never took drugs?

Well this changes everything.

Disregard my previous post.
    rofl
    Anonymous

This has gone waaaaaaaaay off topic Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:35 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:

But he came back after it, and since then won loads of trophies and formed an amazing partnership with Vidic, I've taken drugs in my time so why would I judge Rio? Neutral

You aren't paid £100k a week, sat in a privelidged position, a role model to young children and adults and aren't in a profession where having a healthy lifestyle is vital.

It's not in my interest, footballers are humans and I don't follow everything they do therefore I don't mind. Laughing

So, if a player from your club took drugs, you wouldn't care at all?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:35 am

Something you twats should realise is that the punishment is the same for taking drugs as it is for missing a test. The FA has never banned anyone for two years for missing a drugs test, indeed Adrian Mutu received only a 7 month ban when he failed a test.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:36 am

Dan wrote:So, if a player from your club took drugs, you wouldn't care at all?
    Yeah, I cared when Rio got banned and all that, but it's all history that he's made up for now.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:38 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Something you twats should realise is that the punishment is the same for taking drugs as it is for missing a test. The FA has never banned anyone for two years for missing a drugs test, indeed Adrian Mutu received only a 7 month ban when he failed a test.

Reputation.

Ferguson would rather defend a forgetful twat than a twat who has half of Columbia up his nose.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:39 am

Do you have any evidence that he took drugs?
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:41 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Do you have any evidence that he took drugs?

Yeah, he missed a drug test and missed 8 months of football, even though he was told twice on the day that he had a drug test.

Drug. Fiend.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:43 am

Cornholio wrote:

Yeah, he missed a drug test and missed 8 months of football, even though he was told twice on the day that he had a drug test.

Drug. Fiend.

WUM.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:43 am

Any evidence that he didn't?
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:43 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Cornholio wrote:

Drug. Fiend.

WUM.

SHEEP.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:44 am

Missing a test is evidence of guilt, hence the ban.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:51 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:

You missed his point completely
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:52 am

Fonseca wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:

The conversation started from me saying I don't care if he did or not, so what he's saying leads me to say it makes no difference to whether I care or not, I didn't miss his point.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:54 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:But he came back after it, and since then won loads of trophies and formed an amazing partnership with Vidic, I've taken drugs in my time so why would I judge Rio? Neutral

The conversation started from me saying I don't care if he did or not, so what he's saying leads me to say it makes no difference to whether I care or not, I didn't miss his point.

You did kinda.

If, for example, you took drugs. And you heard a story about a mother who regularly used drugs while bringing up her young kids, you wouldn't care?

The point is, you aren't in a position of responsibility, drigs don't affect anyone but yourself. In terms of Rio, his 'drug-use' affects more people.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:57 am

Andy Carroll is shit. Rather have Sturridge up front.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:57 am

Dan wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:

You did kinda.

If, for example, you took drugs. And you heard a story about a mother who regularly used drugs while bringing up her young kids, you wouldn't care?

The point is, you aren't in a position of responsibility, drigs don't affect anyone but yourself. In terms of Rio, his 'drug-use' affects more people.
    I got your point entirely, just it doesn't make me care whether Rio took drugs or not.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:57 am

Fine Shagger wrote:Missing a test is evidence of guilt, hence the ban.

No not really, just suggests..
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:59 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Yeah but why should I care about that?

You did kinda.

I got your point entirely, just it doesn't make me care whether Rio took drugs or not.

But you're one out of dozens of England and man u fans, the world isn't based on your opinion. His reputation reaches so much more
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:00 am

Fonseca wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:Missing a test is evidence of guilt, hence the ban.

No not really, just suggests..

I'm just saying the stance doping authorities take.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:00 am

Sorry, Kyro. I don't believe you at all.. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:01 am

Fonseca wrote:But you're one out of dozens of England and man u fans, the world isn't based on your opinion. His reputation reaches so much more
    Which is why I said I don't care, what the fuck does that have to do with other people?

Fucking hell man, think.

Maybe if it bothers others they can say what they like, but personally I don't care and I'm talking from my own opinion.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:02 am

Dan wrote:Sorry, Kyro. I don't believe you at all.. Laughing
    You don't believe that I don't care if Rio took drugs or not? Laughing

At the time I did but only because he was going to miss a long time for us.. and obviously I was annoyed with him because his wages are being paid and he's taking the piss..

But right now, I honestly don't care, long forgotten and as I said, he's more than made up for it in my opinion.
    Jack
    Jack

Post by Jack Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:05 am

I like Beer too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:05 am

Obviously you still care, otherwise you wouldn't have come in and started defending him.. Laughing
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:05 am

I'm actually with Kyro, sort of shifty

No doubt Rio broke the rules and was most likely on drugs, which is why I was arguing against him.

But, I don't think the doping authorities should bother with recreational drugs.

They don't do anything but bad for your performance. It should be up to the players if they did them or not.

Of course some recreational drugs can help your performance in some sports. They should be banned.

But in football, players should be free to do coke or weed etc.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:07 am

Moorzy2911 wrote:I like Beer too.

Probably some pish like Carling. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:07 am

Dan wrote:Obviously you still care, otherwise you wouldn't have come in and started defending him.. Laughing
    Oh dear Daniel, oh dear.

I said claiming people do things without knowing they did is wrong, I didn't say he did or did not do it as I don't give a shit.

I care about Rio because he's a player of ours and he's done a lot for us, not whether he made a mistake in his life or not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:19 pm