Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
luke.
Jack
Carlos Jenkinson
Cadbury
Theo Filippo
Jamie
ayvee1
Scouser_Dave
dena
Barton
Zzonked
Cornholio
Dean
Fanatic
ResurrectionRooney
19 posters

Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much Empty Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:34 am

England manager Fabio Capello has spoken to Liverpool striker Andy Carroll about his use of alcohol.

The 22-year-old forward, who joined Liverpool during the January transfer window for £35m, will win his second England cap against Ghana on Tuesday.

"Not only Andy likes to drink beer," said Capello, ahead of the Wembley friendly against the Black Stars. "He needs to improve, to drink less.

"I spoke with him, in private. He's young - his behaviour is important."

Capello's warning is reminiscent of former England manager Graham Taylor speaking about Paul Gascoigne's "refuelling" in 1993.

Before joining Liverpool, Carroll experienced a number of off-field problems at Newcastle United.

"He needs to be careful at every moment because when you play with the England national team you are the focus of the fans, the newspapers, the photographers, the people that live around him," added Capello.

Carroll, who made his debut for England in November, has only just started playing for Liverpool following a lengthy absence due to a thigh injury, but Capello maintained no deal had been struck with the Anfield club over how long the striker should be involved for.

"Absolutely no-one has rung me and we have not spoken with Liverpool," said Capello.

"He needs to play. Liverpool will be happy for him to play. It is a friendly and he can play up to half-time, or more. For this reason, the game is important for him and for me."

Meanwhile, despite struggling with some of the finer points of questions put to him at media conferences, Capello - who has been in the job for three-and-a-half years - says his English is good enough to get his messages over to the players.

"How many languages do you speak?" he challenged. "When I speak with the players they understand everything and that is what is important in this job.

"If I need to speak about the economy or other things, I can't, but when you speak about tactics, you don't use a lot of words.

"I don't have to speak about a lot of different things. Maximum 100 words."

------------

We all know Carroll is a fairly unpleasant, unprofessional character, I don't think Capello should be coming out criticising him publicly like this though. He might go out and get pissed, or hit Capello's wife. Capello's PR skills really are severely lacking.
    Anonymous

Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much Empty Re: Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:36 am

The title is hugely misleading, and you're just a clueless instigating WUM.

Doubt anyone will take the bait tbh, you fail.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much Empty Re: Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:41 am

Scott wrote:The title is hugely misleading, and you're just a clueless instigating WUM.

How is it misleading?
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:41 am

"I spoke with him, in private"

Yh, you spoke to him in private but divulge it to the press who are going to milk it. Nice work, mr.Capello.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:42 am

Unpleasant, unprofessional character?

Get out your own ass. He's a down to earth, working class young lad, who plays football and like's going out for a drink with his mates and being normal. Yes, he's made mistakes, but haven't we all?

He always gives 100% on the pitch and works hard, so that's good enough for me.

I've went out, had a drink and got into fights, well, guess that put's me in the same bracket as Andy then. Good.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:43 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scott wrote:The title is hugely misleading, and you're just a clueless instigating WUM.

How is it misleading?

Because Capello hasn't criticised him, he's just made an observation and gave him some advice. Are you really that dumb?
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:43 am

Capello is a mong. I honestly think he's trying to force a payout from the FA.

Pretty disgraceful that he's trying to take the Englishness out of the England Team.

This great country is proud of the fact we are big drinkers.

Andy is just being patriotic and Capello is punishing him for it.

Hope he tells the FA to fuck off. No U21s. No 1st team.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:44 am

Dean wrote:Unpleasant, unprofessional character?

Get out your own ass. He's a down to earth, working class young lad, who plays football and like's going out for a drink with his mates and being normal. Yes, he's made mistakes, but haven't we all?

I've went out, had a drink and got into fights, well, guess that put's me in the same bracket as Andy then. Good.

Lol @ you taking the obvious bait.

Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much Com

Man = ErectionRooney

Fish = you.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:46 am

Scott wrote:

Lol @ you taking the obvious bait.

Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much Com

Lol @ you.

You replied to him as well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:47 am

^ Extremely different kind of reply red card
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:48 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:England manager Fabio Capello has spoken to Liverpool striker Andy Carroll about his use of alcohol.

The 22-year-old forward, who joined Liverpool during the January transfer window for £35m, will win his second England cap against Ghana on Tuesday.

"Not only Andy likes to drink beer," said Capello, ahead of the Wembley friendly against the Black Stars. "He needs to improve, to drink less.

Capello's warning is reminiscent of former England manager Graham Taylor speaking about Paul Gascoigne's "refuelling" in 1993.

Before joining Liverpool, Carroll experienced a number of off-field problems at Newcastle United.

"He needs to be careful at every moment because when you play with the England national team you are the focus of the fans, the newspapers, the photographers, the people that live around him," added Capello.

Carroll, who made his debut for England in November, has only just started playing for Liverpool following a lengthy absence due to a thigh injury, but Capello maintained no deal had been struck with the Anfield club over how long the striker should be involved for.

"Absolutely no-one has rung me and we have not spoken with Liverpool," said Capello.

"He needs to play. Liverpool will be happy for him to play. It is a friendly and he can play up to half-time, or more. For this reason, the game is important for him and for me."

Meanwhile, despite struggling with some of the finer points of questions put to him at media conferences, Capello - who has been in the job for three-and-a-half years - says his English is good enough to get his messages over to the players.

"How many languages do you speak?" he challenged. "When I speak with the players they understand everything and that is what is important in this job.

"If I need to speak about the economy or other things, I can't, but when you speak about tactics, you don't use a lot of words.

"I don't have to speak about a lot of different things. Maximum 100 words."

------------

We all know Carroll is a fairly unpleasant, unprofessional character, I don't think Capello should be coming out criticising him publicly like this though. He might go out and get pissed, or hit Capello's wife. Capello's PR skills really are severely lacking.

Shokin Hopefully he takes his advice and his drinking does not get too bad you no what can happen to people if they drink to much. drunken

Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much Snf27310
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:48 am

I don't know if you're employed Dean, so you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine your occupation doesn't rely on your physical prowess like Andy Carroll's does, so it's not unprofessional for you to go out and get smashed.

He's not in a 'normal' job, he is a professional athlete, and he's paid a huge amount of money to behave in that way. And we've all made mistakes, but we haven't all (allegedly) his women.

Scott wrote:

How is it misleading?

Because Capello hasn't criticised him, he's just made an observation and gave him some advice. Are you really that dumb?

If somebody warned me about my drinking I'd take it as a criticism.

Cornholio wrote:Capello is a mong. I honestly think he's trying to force a payout from the FA.

Pretty disgraceful that he's trying to take the Englishness out of the England Team.

It's no wonder England never fucking win with an attitude like that.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:49 am

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:
    Shokin Hopefully he takes his advice and his drinking does not get too bad you no what can happen to people if they drink to much. drunken

Show some respect for the dead.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:51 am

I've been sent off. Run
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:51 am

Cornholio wrote:Capello is a mong. I honestly think he's trying to force a payout from the FA.

Exactly. Which is why we need and English manager.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:53 am

What a fucking cunt Capello is..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:54 am

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:

Show some respect for the dead.

From one WUM to another you show some respect and i will.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:54 am

Tbf wasn't the injury which he joined Liverpool with a result of getting pissed and falling off a bar stool?
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:04 am

I don't understand why this makes Capello such a cunt. It is unprofessional to get hammered all the time, and he should cut down a bit. But this shouldn't have been leaded to the media.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:06 am

Capello had a point, the dude was forced to live with kevin nolan because of his behavior right? Gotta grow up someday.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:08 am

dena wrote:Capello had a point, the dude was forced to live with kevin nolan because of his behavior right? Gotta grow up someday.
    You're missing the point, I encourage the fact he's having a word, but divulging it to the media is stupid, they're only going to twist it.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:14 am

dena wrote:Capello had a point, the dude was forced to live with kevin nolan because of his behavior right? Gotta grow up someday.

It's not about whether Capello is right or wrong though is it dena. Why's such a story getting leaked to the media? It's fucking child's play for the media a story like this. I would not as a manger come out and basically say one of my players has a problem and he needs to sort it, things like that should be kept in-house.

dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:20 am

Perhaps I shouldve used a.quote to put my post in context, obviously coming out with this publicly us wrong, but my post was directed more towards dean and ryan who made it seem like drinking wasn't an issue.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:21 am

Typing on the mobile is killing me facepalm
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:22 am

Cornholio wrote:

Exactly. Which is why we need and English manager.

'Arry facking Redknapp. Capello criticises Andy Carroll for drinking too much 81338
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:22 am

dena wrote:Perhaps I shouldve used a.quote to put my post in context, obviously coming out with this publicly us wrong, but my post was directed more towards dean and ryan who made it seem like drinking wasn't an issue.

Drinking is not an issue.

It should be encouraged in the modern game.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:35 am

Why do England always attract clueless managers Rolling Eyes

Not private now though is it Fabio Laughing facepalm If I was Carroll I would twat him one right between his eyes and shove the cap down his throat.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:39 am

Oh yes, like Carroll is the only one that likes a night out.. Rolling Eyes
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:43 am

£35m drunk.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:46 am

He should shag his best mates missus, or shag a granny, could always take some drugs..... no wait I know what he needs to do, he needs to shoot one of his team mates with an air rifle. Probably get in the team with the captains armband that way Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:22 pm