Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+35
The Zlatan
Mal
Kuled
Drake
Mario
Ricardo
Jord
Lux
Theo Filippo
Trig
Walcott
Torresxvilla
Cornholio
Carlos Jenkinson
Marvin
Hitchy
blackskar
Mouse
AriseForLife
Barton
Grenade
Dean
El Jefe
ResurrectionRooney
Zzonked
Cadbury
chiboygeorge
Ben
Fanatic
Muse
LeBron
coolhead33
Hernandez_14
luke.
SBSP
39 posters

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/

Poll

[ 28 ]
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 3 Bar_left44%Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 3 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 36 ]
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 3 Bar_left56%Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 3 Bar_right [56%] 

Total Votes: 64
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 3 Empty Re: Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/

Post by chiboygeorge Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:28 am

LFCJordan wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:Torres only in bad form, but when he returns he will still be one of the deadliest strikers in the world. I hate that now he's not scoring people saying he's absolute shit...players go through good runs and bad runs. Torres will always be better than Suarez.

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 3 58503
    Suarez has never been better than Torres. Maybe right now, but I think it will better to judge both of them starting from next season.
    luke.
    luke.

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 3 Empty Re: Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/

Post by luke. Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:28 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    polska. wrote:Torres is a poacher who can't poach properly. Laughing

I think his goalscoring has always inflated his reputation and ability a bit, and it is finally showing for Chelsea.

Suarez on the other hand, perfect. Love

Are you shitting me? Of course his goalscoring enhances his reputation, that is one of the best attributes in his game, he is after all a striker. It's like saying that Reina preventing goals has always inflated his reputation.

It's what the cunt always does, makes some bullshit up to make his point sound legit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:29 am

chiboygeorge wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:Torres only in bad form, but when he returns he will still be one of the deadliest strikers in the world. I hate that now he's not scoring people saying he's absolute shit...players go through good runs and bad runs. Torres will always be better than Suarez.

Suarez has never been better than Torres. Maybe right now, but I think it will better to judge both of them starting from next season.
    Suarez is 24 and is currently playing better than Torres who is 27.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:31 am

chiboygeorge wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Will he? Part of what made him a success was his pace, he doesn't seem to have that extra yard anymore. Even when his form picked up with us, it was obvious it wasn't there. It hasn't really been for over a year. If he's lost that, he could turn out like Owen.

It's generally what happens to these pacy strikers that start their careers young, they burn out young as well.
    Not Ronaldo. Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 3 18254
    Anyways, yes I think he will be. Suarez hasn't done much to reach Torres status, like a year ago or so...people were listing Torres as the best in England but I believe is just lack of confidence after that abysmal world cup. Torres will return and will be even better than he was.

Ronaldo Ronaldo or Cristiano Ronaldo?

Sorry, but firstly Suarez is younger than Torres - he hasn't had the chance to prove it yet. Secondly, Suarez ripped his previous league apart, I think that's quite a good start. Thirdly, it was a lack of confidence at us as well, it was a lack of confidence at the World Cup and now with Chelsea. Almost a year now. He's scored goals, is it really a lack of confidence, or is it something more serious?
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:31 am

kyro7 wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:

What point are you trying to make? that Suarez is younger and so he's better?
    Anonymous

luke. wrote:

I think his goalscoring has always inflated his reputation and ability a bit, and it is finally showing for Chelsea.

Suarez on the other hand, perfect. Love

Are you shitting me? Of course his goalscoring enhances his reputation, that is one of the best attributes in his game, he is after all a striker. It's like saying that Reina preventing goals has always inflated his reputation.

It's what the cunt always does, makes some bullshit up to make his point sound legit.

Fucking hell.. facepalm
    Anonymous

chiboygeorge wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:

What point are you trying to make? that Suarez is younger and so he's better?
    No, that eventually he will be better.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:32 am

Suarez could do what Torres does if he wanted to. That being stand around until a chance is put on a plate for you and when it is you take it. But he would rather play better for the team, accept that he doesn't have to score every game, set up team-mates, and still score goals himself.
    Plus he is younger, isn't as injury prone and works 10 times harder than Torres does.

Suarez cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:32 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Ben wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Ben wrote:So people shouldn't vote for Luiz because he's only done it for a few games, but it's perfectly acceptable to vote for Suarez?

Righttttttttttt.

His career didn't just start when he came to England y'know Neutral

Neither did Luiz' Neutral

I don't give a fuck about Luiz. That said he wasn't nearly as good at Benefica as Suarez was at Ajax.
    Actually Luiz was really really good at Benfica. shifty
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:33 am

mauro=beast wrote:suarez much better form right now but torres is making nice comeback

No goals in 8 games, hasn't played a full 90 minutes. Where is the nice comeback.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:35 am

luke. wrote:

Suarez on the other hand, perfect. Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 3 859644

Or maybe I don't care enough to make a serious post? Mischief

My lazyness on this forum is probably only surpassed by Kyro, but I hear he is getting a job. -_-
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:36 am

Dan wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Will he? Part of what made him a success was his pace, he doesn't seem to have that extra yard anymore. Even when his form picked up with us, it was obvious it wasn't there. It hasn't really been for over a year. If he's lost that, he could turn out like Owen.

It's generally what happens to these pacy strikers that start their careers young, they burn out young as well.
    Anyways, yes I think he will be. Suarez hasn't done much to reach Torres status, like a year ago or so...people were listing Torres as the best in England but I believe is just lack of confidence after that abysmal world cup. Torres will return and will be even better than he was.

Sorry, but firstly Suarez is younger than Torres - he hasn't had the chance to prove it yet. Secondly, Suarez ripped his previous league apart, I think that's quite a good start. Thirdly, it was a lack of confidence at us as well, it was a lack of confidence at the World Cup and now with Chelsea. Almost a year now. He's scored goals, is it really a lack of confidence, or is it something more serious?
    Torres beasted La Liga too but in his case he did it in a much advanced league. Torres was beasting for Liverpool before this season right? and he has a fantastic goal record for Liverpool..and yes it was lack of confidence in WC, if you see he never did what he used to like try and dribble past players of take shots from tight angles or even jump for headers and he always tried to pass right when he gets the ball etc..
    This happens all the time, I'm sure you should understand this if you play for a team because there is one point you are scoring for fun and next you are playing terrible and having bad touches here and there. Don't worry, Torres will be back and ruling the PL again.

EDIT: btw dan, I meant the real ronaldo.

Last edited by chiboygeorge on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:36 am

Torres is the best goalscorer in the EPL. He has the best goal scoring ratio of all time he beat Henrys record which says something.
    Suarez is playing better at the moment and is younger yes, but overall I would say Torres is the better footballer.

Gotta be Torres.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:38 am

grenade187 wrote:Torres is the best goalscorer in the EPL. He has the best goal scoring ratio of all time he beat Henrys record which says something.
    Suarez is playing better at the moment and is younger yes, but overall I would say Torres is the better footballer.

Gotta be Torres.
    *cough* RVP *cough*
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:39 am

His ratio will soon be worse than Heskey.Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 3 599439
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:40 am

chiboygeorge wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:

So funny, so so funny isn't it.

Marcelo and and Ashley Cole spring to mind in this debate? You were defending Ashley Cole wasn't you, like you're defending Torres now, form doesn't make you better overall.

Oh wait... Neutral
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:40 am

grenade187 wrote:Torres is the best goalscorer in the EPL. He has the best goal scoring ratio of all time he beat Henrys record which says something.

Gotta be Torres.

Used to be, not anymore. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:40 am

Torres has been shit all this season, even thoo he has 9 goals or something.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:41 am

Torres easily. The Suarez fervor will wear off very soon.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:41 am

Has he ever outscored suarez anyway?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:42 am

AriseForLife wrote:Torres easily. The Suarez fervor will wear off very soon.

Neutral
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:42 am

Torres hasn't been the same player for 18 fucking months now, so I don't know where everyone's pulling these opinions from, maybe out your ass? Maybe...just maybe...
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:42 am

Dean wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:

Marcelo and and Ashley Cole spring to mind in this debate? You were defending Ashley Cole wasn't you, like you're defending Torres now, form doesn't make you better overall.

Oh wait... Neutral
    Have seen Marcelo performances this season? it has outclassed Cole's on every level. Even Luke admitted Marcelo is better.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:43 am

Scott wrote:
    AriseForLife wrote:Torres easily. The Suarez fervor will wear off very soon.

Neutral

Spell check. cheers
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:43 am

Dean wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:

Oh wait... Neutral

He was saying Marcelo > Cole.

Correctly, too
    Hernandez_14
    Hernandez_14

Formerly known as : Braad
    Supports : Manchester United

Post by Hernandez_14 Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:43 am

Torres is ace, his scoring record is amazing.
    And if you think he's worse than Suarez, you must be on crack. eek
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:45 am

LFCJordan wrote:Torres has been shit all this season, even thoo he has 9 goals or something.

Luke said that aswell in another thread but a couple of Liverpool fans were saying he was in great form before he joined Chelsea and started calling him stupid like usual
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:46 am

Braad wrote:Torres is ace, his scoring record is amazing.
    And if you think he's worse than Suarez, you must be on crack. eek

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 3 69649

about that
    Anonymous

chiboygeorge wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Torres beasted La Liga too but in his case he did it in a much advanced league. Torres was beasting for Liverpool before this season right? and he has a fantastic goal record for Liverpool..and yes it was lack of confidence in WC, if you see he never did what he used to like try and dribble past players of take shots from tight angles or even jump for headers and he always tried to pass right when he gets the ball etc..
    This happens all the time, I'm sure you should understand this if you play for a team because there is one point you are scoring for fun and next you are playing terrible and having bad touches here and there. Don't worry, Torres will be back and ruling the PL again.

EDIT: btw dan, I meant the real ronaldo.

Yes, I understand all that, however, I am saying it might just be more than a lack of confidence. Yes, he did have a good run in front of goal last season, but he wasn't the same player as he was in his first season. You suggest a lack of confidence, where did it start? He got injured on a decent run of form, came back without confidence? Even if he was lacking in confidence, he still scored plenty of goals for it to return. He never looked like a player who really suffered from a lack of confidence. He still tried doing these flicks he was doing in his 'prime'. Just it wasn't coming off for him. Why? That pace he once had has dimished. Injuries will have diminished it, he's not slow, but he's not as fast as he was.

Like I said, it usually happens to pacy players that are thrown in 'too early'. It happens with loads. Owen was a perfect example. These young players, whose game is based predominently around pace are thrown in before their bodies are fully developed, therefore are prone to injury and burning out early. It happens too often to be a simple coincidence.

I'm not saying that it definitely has happened to him, but he's not the same as he was, confidence or not.
    Anonymous

If Torres was still @ Liverpool, all these Mancs and Chelsea fans would be singing a different tune Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:21 am