Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+35
The Zlatan
Mal
Kuled
Drake
Mario
Ricardo
Jord
Lux
Theo Filippo
Trig
Walcott
Torresxvilla
Cornholio
Carlos Jenkinson
Marvin
Hitchy
blackskar
Mouse
AriseForLife
Barton
Grenade
Dean
El Jefe
ResurrectionRooney
Zzonked
Cadbury
chiboygeorge
Ben
Fanatic
Muse
LeBron
coolhead33
Hernandez_14
luke.
SBSP
39 posters

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/

Poll

[ 28 ]
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 Bar_left44%Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 36 ]
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 Bar_left56%Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 Bar_right [56%] 

Total Votes: 64
    Anonymous

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 Empty Re: Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:32 am

Dan wrote:Anyway, if we're gonna talk about strikers then..

Rush >>>>> all

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 848922

Big Al will back me up though.

As a Goal scorer Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 914411 Rushie Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 914411 was as good as any on his day and his workrate and closing defenders and players down was just as good he never let them settle and worked so hard for the team aswell as Scoring loads of goals. The other striker i saw at that time in the late 80's and Early 90's was also the Great Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 914411 Marco Van.basten Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 914411 who won the European footballer of the year 3 times and he was one of the most stylish Goal scorers ive ever saw up there with the Greats like Ronaldo ect.
    Anonymous

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 Empty Re: Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:40 am

B0dunrin wrote:Dixie Dean > All.

Did you ever see the goal differences back then the year he scored 60 League goals it was backies out i think, or they never new that defending was part of Football im not saying he was not absolute class. But i mean they back then never heard the word defend and played with formations like 1 2 3 5 or something like that.

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 688105 ATTACK... ATTACK.... ATTACK.... ATTACK.... ATTACK.......
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:45 am

Jimmy McGrory. cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:51 am

polska. wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    polska. wrote:Ooh Henry! (*with accent* Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 279869 )

but Henry isn't a manager though? U confuse Me..! Mad

Unless you mean as players, which in turn Henry by far >>>> Dalglish

Well seeing as we're in a thread about strikers Polska....
    But then I don't get it? Why all the hate? Kyro is well correct. Laughing

Because not everyone has the same opinion Polska Wink
    Fucking ridicilous how someone could even debate that.

HENRY BY FUCKING FAR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> But King Kenny Dalglish won more as a player.

I thought Kyro said something shocking like Redknapp > Dalglish in managing, but no, this is about Henry???? Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 70955

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your opinion
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:57 am

All facepalms but no explanations
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:41 am

Fonseca wrote:All facepalms but no explanations

you clearly dont know much about football if you need an explanation about how good Dalglish was?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:46 am

Explanations for what bud.

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 Greate10
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:56 am

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:

So is this book your bible or something? Just read what some guy write's and thats now your way of thinking? clap
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:57 am

The-Reporter wrote:

So is this book your bible or something? Just read what some guy write's and thats now your way of thinking? clap

I read the Daily mail. What a Face
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:57 am

Cam wrote:

you clearly dont know much about football if you need an explanation about how good Dalglish was?

No sorry I don't know how good the "domestic british legend" was, probably like how you don't know how good a "domestic north american legend" *cough* Hugo Sanchez *cough* was. I suppose you don't know much either hmm? Be realistic here, if I don't know.. what do you know about him? please tell me (no sarcasm intended)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:59 am

Fonseca wrote:
    Cam wrote:

No sorry I don't know how good the "domestic british legend" was, probably like how you don't know how good a "domestic north american legend" *cough* Hugo Sanchez *cough* was. I suppose you don't know much either hmm? Be realistic here, if I don't know.. what do you know about him? please tell me (no sarcasm intended)

I'm not saying comparing Hugo Sanchez with anyone trying to say that they're better than him though?
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:06 pm

Cam wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    Cam wrote:

I'm not saying comparing Hugo Sanchez with anyone trying to say that they're better than him though?

No that's a reply to you saying I don't know much about football when I don't know about Dalglish. If you ask many people from our generation who aren't from Britain about Dalglish they'd probably scratch their heads.

I want to know what attributes Dalglish had over Henry... it's just a question that I would like to know
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:07 pm

I thought you were English. Laughing
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Same, and I don't even know why Laughing
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:14 pm

SBSP wrote:I thought you were English. Laughing

I am but I'm being as neutral as possible Laughing

I didn't even know who Dalglish was until last year and I was born here, that's why I don't chat shit about how good he was because I haven't seen him myself Run
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:19 pm

You can't really be neutral seeing as your an arsenal fan and you only heard of Dalglish a year ago :lol

But yeah, Im going to bed now; hopefully someone else will fill you in
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Cam wrote:You can't really be neutral seeing as your an arsenal fan and you only heard of Dalglish a year ago :lol

Well yeah otherwise I'd say "lolz no one in britain knows who dalglish is cos I only heard of him a year ago except for pool fans therefore he is shite"

Neutral
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:24 pm

Cam wrote:You can't really be neutral seeing as your an arsenal fan and you only heard of Dalglish a year ago :lol

I take it you obviously havent seen him play?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:24 pm

The-Reporter wrote:

So is this book your bible or something? Just read what some guy write's and thats now your way of thinking? Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 207657

Nope its actually just a wind up cause if you notice Dalglish is on the front with Best, Maradona and Pele and to be put on a cover with them three is enough for me to no how good he was. And well i did see Dalglish play live a few times and watched him at his best on the tele and ive saw loads of Video's and read what loads of other top football players and football people have said about him.

King Kenny king
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:35 pm

EdinsonCavani wrote:

I take it you obviously havent seen him play?

They show old games on LFCtv and I've seen over things. But what I meant is I'm going to bed so I can't explain to him now Neutral

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:35 pm

Fonseca wrote:
    Cam wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    Cam wrote:

No that's a reply to you saying I don't know much about football when I don't know about Dalglish. If you ask many people from our generation who aren't from Britain about Dalglish they'd probably scratch their heads.

I want to know what attributes Dalglish had over Henry... it's just a question that I would like to know

I would say Dalglish had Vison and had an amazing football brain and his passing and creating chances was his main points aswell as scoring great goals. Im not saying Henry did not have any of this but Henry had pace which he used to make things happen on the football pitch, Dalglish was not the qucikest on his feet but in his brain he was so sharp noing what he was going to do before he received the ball ect.

Dalglish played something like 930 odd games as a player and back then he got lumps kicked out him but he kept coming back for more cause back then you could get away with more fouls ect. Then again Henry was hard enough to get near to actual foul him. But Kenny was as tough as old boots he took a lot of hard tackles in his time which would have been red cards in todays game.

You have not heard to much about Dalglish you said well as player and manager he has won 40 Honours in his career. Im not having a go im just saying he won a lot of things in his time in football.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:39 pm

How would you rate bergkamp compared to daglish alan Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 28973
    Leroi
    Leroi

Post by Leroi Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:42 pm

that lad for Diego Forlanland.
    Torres is solo striker. will never be productive in pair.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:46 pm

Fonseca wrote:
    Cam wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    Cam wrote:

I would say Dalglish had Vison and had an amazing football brain and his passing and creating chances was his main points aswell as scoring great goals. Im not saying Henry did not have any of this but Henry had pace which he used to make things happen on the football pitch, Dalglish was not the qucikest on his feet but in his brain he was so sharp noing what he was going to do before he received the ball ect.

Dalglish played something like 930 odd games as a player and back then he got lumps kicked out him but he kept coming back for more cause back then you could get away with more fouls ect. Then again Henry was hard enough to get near to actual foul him. But Kenny was as tough as old boots he took a lot of hard tackles in his time which would have been red cards in todays game.

You have not heard to much about Dalglish you said well as player and manager he has won 40 Honours in his career. Im not having a go im just saying he won a lot of things in his time in football.
    Winning trophies is no way to judge a player.

Only things like individual honors should be considered. Henry was worth over 109 goals in 2 seasons at his peak, his playmaking was second to none, he was like Bergkamp on Nos.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:56 pm

EdinsonCavani wrote:How would you rate bergkamp compared to daglish alan Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 16 28973

Its hard to compare really but Dalglish when at Celtic played slightly further forward and was more of a Goal scorer but when he went to Liverpool he played more in the roll like Bergkamp. But both had that football brain to do things you would not think possible like a pass or a movement. I saw these players all play but im probably being honest not quailfied to say who was best at what bud, But both where just amazing players as Henry was.

Dalglish is my Hero and if it was not for him i would not have started supporting Liverpool, but ive saw and listened to what the football people say and ive done this for 30 years but it really is hard to totally compare. Dalglish did not get the reconition he totally deserved outside the British game but if you listen to what some great football people have said about him people would realise how good he was. George best said he Dalglish was on a par with the great Di Stefano but i could not say but to be compared up there with players like that tells me he was a special player.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:14 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    Cam wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

Only things like individual honors should be considered. Henry was worth over 109 goals in 2 seasons at his peak, his playmaking was second to none, he was like Bergkamp on Nos.

Well maybe but the amount of trophy's and internationl caps must count fot something especially when your counted as the best player in that team like Henry and Dalglish where these players can make a big difference in what your team wins. And well back then there was not as much indivitial honours out there and well the English League did not get the reconiton it deserved when it won 7 out of 9 years of European cups IMO.

And through out that time Dalglish was Liverpool's main man. And also football was different back then maybe not as fast as today but players would get kicked all over the park and had to just get on with it and played with injuries and on pitches that well were not made for playing certain types of football. Better pitches would have suited Dalglish and Liverpool's play. And well it does not tell you what Dalglish was worth to Liverpool,s goals with assists stats i just no what Liverpool won with Dalglish as the main man in that team was top class.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:04 pm

I'm really glad that you're part of this forum Alan. Your knowledge and experience is a great asset. Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:13 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    Cam wrote:

Well maybe but the amount of trophy's and internationl caps must count fot something especially when your counted as the best player in that team like Henry and Dalglish where these players can make a big difference in what your team wins. And well back then there was not as much indivitial honours out there and well the English League did not get the reconiton it deserved when it won 7 out of 9 years of European cups IMO.

And through out that time Dalglish was Liverpool's main man. And also football was different back then maybe not as fast as today but players would get kicked all over the park and had to just get on with it and played with injuries and on pitches that well were not made for playing certain types of football. Better pitches would have suited Dalglish and Liverpool's play. And well it does not tell you what Dalglish was worth to Liverpool,s goals with assists stats i just no what Liverpool won with Dalglish as the main man in that team was top class.
    No doubt he was a quality player and football was different back then.. Ian Rush was just as important as Kenny though.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:14 pm

Suarez is quality, but Torrres has the X Factor. The problem is that he's lost it.......I hope for his sake that he gets it back though......an off form Torres is so fucking useless.

At least an off form Rooney goes to the midfield and does something......
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Comparing people like Dalglish to people like Henry is foolish. Dalglish was a heavy drinker, as were most footballers in those days (including the great BRYAN ROBSON), you could afford to be, whereas footballers today are highly trained athletes. When Arsene Wenger revolutionised English football in the late 1990s, Henry was at the forefront of that, the dieticians, the superior athleticism, if Dalglish had been dropped forward in time 15 years he would have been made to look like an idiot. Sure, he might have adjusted, but equally he might not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:24 am