Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+35
The Zlatan
Mal
Kuled
Drake
Mario
Ricardo
Jord
Lux
Theo Filippo
Trig
Walcott
Torresxvilla
Cornholio
Carlos Jenkinson
Marvin
Hitchy
blackskar
Mouse
AriseForLife
Barton
Grenade
Dean
El Jefe
ResurrectionRooney
Zzonked
Cadbury
chiboygeorge
Ben
Fanatic
Muse
LeBron
coolhead33
Hernandez_14
luke.
SBSP
39 posters

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/

Poll

[ 28 ]
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 17 Bar_left44%Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 17 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 36 ]
    Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 17 Bar_left56%Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 17 Bar_right [56%] 

Total Votes: 64
    Anonymous

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 17 Empty Re: Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Suarez wins. cheers
    JOHNxEIRE
    JOHNxEIRE

Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 17 Empty Re: Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/

Post by JOHNxEIRE Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:47 pm

guess who.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:21 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Comparing people like Dalglish to people like Henry is foolish. Dalglish was a heavy drinker, as were most footballers in those days (including the great BRYAN ROBSON), you could afford to be, whereas footballers today are highly trained athletes. When Arsene Wenger revolutionised English football in the late 1990s, Henry was at the forefront of that, the dieticians, the superior athleticism, if Dalglish had been dropped forward in time 15 years he would have been made to look like an idiot. Sure, he might have adjusted, but equally he might not.

Excuse me this is Kenny Dalglish king we are talking about, not George Best drunken And im not saying Dalglish and others did not have a drink back then but where do you get your imformation, Was you alive back then cause if Dalglish was that Heavy a drinker how did he manage to play 938 games for Celtic, Liverpool and Scotland. scratch And if you drop players of today back they would find it different without the things they have today and if players years ago had to play today they would have had to adjust to what is happening today.

Tell me who you think is the top 10 players that ever played the game and tell me who you think is Manchester.United's top 10.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:28 pm

SBSP wrote:I'm really glad that you're part of this forum Alan. Your knowledge and experience is a great asset. Smile

Well thanks bud but i dont no it all and will get things wrong, but i just say what i think and what ive heard from others that were involved in football through out the years. Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 17 284837
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Lux wrote:Suarez is quality, but Torrres has the X Factor. The problem is that he's lost it.......I hope for his sake that he gets it back though......an off form Torres is so fucking useless.

At least an off form Rooney goes to the midfield and does something......

You'll be sitting here in a years time saying Suarez has got the X Factor, because believe me, he has.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Throughout their whole careers: Henry scored 323 goals in 649 appearances (only up to end of Barcelona career). Dalglish scored 284 goals in 719 appearances.

Henry also scored 51 goals in 123 appearances for France. Dalglish with 30 goals in 102 appearances for Scotland

Henry also had 90 assists just from his playing time at Arsenal and Barcelona

Henry was also a left winger in the early stages of his career.

Dalglish had a goal/game ratio of 2.53 Henry 2.009

I'm not saying anyone is better. I'm just showing some stats. neu shades

Last edited by Mal on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:45 pm

Henry wank 2
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Henry not worthy
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Added more stats. Run
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:53 pm

You could say it was easier to score for France though shifty
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:55 pm

Cam wrote:You could say it was easier to score for France though shifty

You could argue that it's easier to score in Scotland and for Liverpool who were dominating European football. Neutral
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:57 pm

Mal on the attack Run
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:58 pm

Mal wrote:Throughout their whole careers: Henry scored 323 goals in 649 appearances (only up to end of Barcelona career). Dalglish scored 284 goals in 719 appearances.

I'm not saying anyone is better. I'm just showing some stats. neu shades

I love Henry, I've grown up into football with him as the forefront of attacking football. I appreciate Henry a lot. He's always been one of my favourite players outside Liverpool and I don't have many. Great guy off the pitch, fucking great guy on the pitch. He's also really good mates with Gerrard and has always spoke highly of Liverpool as a club. And I've had the pleasure of seeing him play, quite a lot.

If you look, I haven't once said Dalglish was better than Henry, not once. All's I've done is defend Dalglish from a few people that have come in here and rubbished Dalglish off like he was just some half decent-ish player and that he doesn't compare to Henry, when in reality, they haven't got the fucking foggiest clue just how good Dalglish was in his time or how respected he is as a footballer.

And they can't even be directly compared anyway as they are completely different players. Dalglish was more your number 10 player, played off the striker, was mainly a creator not a scorer, although he did get his fair share of goals. Fantastic vision, touch, dribbling, he beat is man with pure skill and brain rather than flat out pace. He was always a step ahead of the game in his head.

Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:04 pm

I said earlier in this thread that we should just appreciate both. Both were outstanding players for their respected clubs. We should just leave it that way.

I just posted stats because I felt like stat hunting. laugh
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:05 pm

Wish we still had Henry Sad
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:06 pm

blackskar wrote:Wish we still had Henry Sad

What a player and most importantly what a man. not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:10 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

No that's a reply to you saying I don't know much about football when I don't know about Dalglish. If you ask many people from our generation who aren't from Britain about Dalglish they'd probably scratch their heads.

I want to know what attributes Dalglish had over Henry... it's just a question that I would like to know

I would say Dalglish had Vison and had an amazing football brain and his passing and creating chances was his main points aswell as scoring great goals. Im not saying Henry did not have any of this but Henry had pace which he used to make things happen on the football pitch, Dalglish was not the qucikest on his feet but in his brain he was so sharp noing what he was going to do before he received the ball ect.

Dalglish played something like 930 odd games as a player and back then he got lumps kicked out him but he kept coming back for more cause back then you could get away with more fouls ect. Then again Henry was hard enough to get near to actual foul him. But Kenny was as tough as old boots he took a lot of hard tackles in his time which would have been red cards in todays game.

You have not heard to much about Dalglish you said well as player and manager he has won 40 Honours in his career. Im not having a go im just saying he won a lot of things in his time in football.
    Winning trophies is no way to judge a player.

Only things like individual honors should be considered. Henry was worth over 109 goals in 2 seasons at his peak, his playmaking was second to none, he was like Bergkamp on Nos.

Well maybe but the amount of trophy's and internationl caps must count fot something especially when your counted as the best player in that team like Henry and Dalglish where these players can make a big difference in what your team wins. And well back then there was not as much indivitial honours out there and well the English League did not get the reconiton it deserved when it won 7 out of 9 years of European cups IMO.

And through out that time Dalglish was Liverpool's main man. And also football was different back then maybe not as fast as today but players would get kicked all over the park and had to just get on with it and played with injuries and on pitches that well were not made for playing certain types of football. Better pitches would have suited Dalglish and Liverpool's play. And well it does not tell you what Dalglish was worth to Liverpool,s goals with assists stats i just no what Liverpool won with Dalglish as the main man in that team was top class.
    No doubt he was a quality player and football was different back then.. Ian Rush was just as important as Kenny though.

Dalglish and Rush was as good a partnership as there has ever been in British football and the amount Liverpool won and the amount of Goals and assists that came from both was so important. I mean Rushie scored 30 goals a season most time's when Dalglish was playing and well in 1984 Liverpool won the first ever English Treble and Rushie scored 47 goals that season and was the main man at putting the finishing touch by goal scoring to a great team.

Rushie for Liverpool the season's he played with Dalglish the last 2 season's Kenny did not play as much but they were Top class together

80,81 Seaosn Rush only played 9 Games League cup winners

81,82 Season scored 30 Goals League Champion's and League cup Winners

82,83 Season Scored 31 Goals League Champion's and League cup Winners Charity shield winners

83,84 Season Scored 47 Goals League Champion's League cup and European cup winners

84,85 Season Scored 26 Goals League Runner up European cup Runners up

85,86 Season Scored 33 Goals League Champion's FA Cup winners and Screens Sport Super Cup

86,87 Season Scored 40 Goals League Runner up League Cup Runners up Charity shield winner

207 Goals in 6 Season is not bad at all. Rushie is a Liverpool and English Football Legend and ive met him. Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 17 914411 THE GREAT IAN.RUSH Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 17 914411
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Yeah what a man. Cheats to knock out lowly Ireland.

Hang of frog Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 17 914411
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:12 pm

James ♠️ wrote:Yeah what a man. Cheats to knock out lowly Ireland.

Hang of frog Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 17 914411

It's the referees job to spot it. Maradonna scored with his hand, doesn't make him any worse of a player. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:16 pm

Kenny was also the top player when the league was more even and it wasn't between two teams to win the thing.. Coffee

shifty
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:19 pm

Dan wrote:Kenny was also the top player when the league was more even and it wasn't between two teams to win the thing.. Coffee

shifty

I know. It was mainly between one team for the title. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:21 pm

Dean wrote:If you look, I haven't once said Dalglish was better than Henry, not once. All's I've done is defend Dalglish from a few people that have come in here and rubbished Dalglish off like he was just some half decent-ish player and that he doesn't compare to Henry, when in reality, they haven't got the fucking foggiest clue just how good Dalglish was in his time or how respected he is as a footballer.
    You started having a pop at me when I said I think Kenny was fucking class from what I saw, one of the best.. but I thought Henry is a better player.

It's not like I went, Dalglish? rofl What a shitehouse cunt he is.. couldn't compete with Henry to save his life.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:23 pm

Mal wrote:
    Dan wrote:Kenny was also the top player when the league was more even and it wasn't between two teams to win the thing.. Coffee

shifty

Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:24 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    Dean wrote:If you look, I haven't once said Dalglish was better than Henry, not once. All's I've done is defend Dalglish from a few people that have come in here and rubbished Dalglish off like he was just some half decent-ish player and that he doesn't compare to Henry, when in reality, they haven't got the fucking foggiest clue just how good Dalglish was in his time or how respected he is as a footballer.
    You started having a pop at me when I said I think Kenny was fucking class from what I saw, one of the best.. but I thought Henry is a better player.

It's not like I went, Dalglish? rofl What a shitehouse cunt he is.. couldn't compete with Henry to save his life.

Why are you a mod still? Did you not see the thread.. temper
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:25 pm

Mal wrote:Throughout their whole careers: Henry scored 323 goals in 649 appearances (only up to end of Barcelona career). Dalglish scored 284 goals in 719 appearances.

Henry also scored 51 goals in 123 appearances for France. Dalglish with 30 goals in 102 appearances for Scotland

Henry also had 90 assists just from his playing time at Arsenal and Barcelona

Dalglish had a goal/game ratio of 2.53 Henry 2.009

I'm not saying anyone is better. I'm just showing some stats. Strikers debate. With a Suarez vs Tores poll. :/ - Page 17 232912

Dalglish actually played more games than that bud in his Career with Celtic, Liverpool and Scotland he played 938 Games or 950 games if adding the youth Caps and under 23,s which is amazing in itself and Scored 373 goals and made countless assists.

The Statistics
    Playing Career Summary

With Celtic
    AppearancesGoals
    Scottish League204112
    Scottish FA Cup3011
    Scottish League Cup5935
    European Cup215
    European Cup-Winners Cup53
    UEFA Cup21
    Totals321167
    With Liverpool
    AppearancesGoals
    League355118
    FA Cup3613
    League Cup5927
    European Cup4710
    Charity Shield71
    World Club Championship20
    European Super Cup41
    Mercantile Credit Trophy10
    Screen Sport Super Cup32
    Dubai Super Cup10
    Totals515172
    Career totals
    AppearancesGoals
    Scotland Under-23
    AppearancesGoalsYouth Caps
    Scotland - Full
    AppearancesGoals
    (Scotland record)
    (inc 8 as substitute)
    (joint Scotland record
    with Denis Law)
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Why would you include youth caps and u23's?
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:27 pm

Dan wrote:
    Mal wrote:

shifty

Neutral

Six titles in seven years.

Liverpool were superior to every one back then. Run
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:30 pm

Mal wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Mal wrote:

shifty

Neutral

I know.. cheers

Although, my point still stands. Players were distributed evenly, unlike now.. Neutral
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Dan wrote:
    Mal wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Mal wrote:

shifty

Neutral

I know.. cheers

Although, my point still stands. Players were distributed evenly, unlike now.. Neutral

Hyper
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:34 pm

bebe > dalglish & henry & rush combined Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:26 am