Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Scouser_Dave
luke.
Danny
Kuled
Sean
Lux
ResurrectionRooney
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Uncle John from Jamaica
Carlos Jenkinson
Drake
El Jefe
Ben
Jordi
dena
Kaka11|LFC
moscowmadeit3
Fanatic
Grenade
Jamie
blackskar
menalawyerguy
LFC_Grunners
Zzonked
Walcott
LeBron
30 posters

Alex Ferguson charged by the FA for improper conduct

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Alex Ferguson charged by the FA for improper conduct - Page 8 Empty Re: Alex Ferguson charged by the FA for improper conduct

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:43 am

Scott wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scott wrote:What I find funny about all this is the blatant hypocrisy demonstrated by Ferguson and the Man United supporters on here.

If any team in the League gets obvious preferential treatment, it's Man United. No one can dispute that. Over the years, Man United have had dodgy decisions in their favour. So many, that it's actually impossible to list them off the top of my head. I mean, this season alone they already should have had Neville sent off twice, Rooney sent off once. They've had a penalty given for a Berbatov dive in a very important match. They saw Gerrard send off in the same match that Rafael Da Silva received no punishment for doing the same thing.

That's just this season. And believe you me, there will be more to come this season. There will be more dodgy decisions to help Man United on their way. Book-mark this post if you want. It happens every season, without fail.

Every other set of fans in the League can see how glaringly obvious it is. The only set of supporters who deny this are the Man United fans, blinded by their love for the team.

Anyway, the point of this post was, Man United get dodgy decisions going their way MORE than enough. So quit whining and bitching when a couple FINALLY go against you. It's actually a rarity that bad decisions go against Man United, so be grateful for goodness' sake.

I remember clearly how most of the Mancs on here laughed about getting that penalty against Liverpool in the FA Cup. You saw the funny side then didn't you?

It's not true though, unless you've actually sat down and watched every game with the critical, cooly unbiased eye of a man dedicated to finding out if any teams holds an advantage from the FA. You're just basing it on your own silly perceptions, what you read in the media, and what you hear in the pub. The reason United seem to get more decisions is that we are the biggest team in the country by far, and every decision relating to our club is magnified a thousand times.

Then again, maybe I've got it wrong, I certainly haven't looked at all the evidence. If you're making this claim that United are favoured by the authorities, I think that is a pretty extraordinary claim, and you shouldn't be making it without having some pretty substantial evidence. More than just 'everyone thinks it'.

If the FA truly favoured United though, I feel the following things would not have happened

• Ferguson being pulled up here
    • Rio Ferdinand's 8 month ban
    • Patrice Evra's 4 game ban for an incident taking place in a warm-down
    • Rio Ferdinand's 3 game ban for an off the ball incident, and an additional ban for a 'frivolous appeal'
    • Roy Keane being punished twice for the same offence - an overly aggressive tackle on Haaland where he thought the ball was there
    • Ferguson receiving touch line bans and fines for criticising referees

Among other things. There really is no reason for the FA to favour United, other than paranoia from football fans with low IQs.

That's because they actually deserved those bans. If no punishment was given for those events, it would've been atrocious. FA aren't going to embarrass themselves like that.

I wasn't even talking about the FA anyway, I was talking about decisions that happen during the match.

Give me one team in this League that has had more dodgy decisions than Man United this season, go on.

Man United list of Dodgy decisions in 2010/11

Neville should have been sent off. Twice.
    Rooney should have been sent off against Wigan.
    Penalty via a Berbatov dive given in important FA Cup match vs Liverpool.
    Gerrard sent off in the same match that Rafael Da Silva received no punishment for the same kind of incident.

+ more that I can't remember right now.

Seriously, give me a team that has had more than that this season ...

Neville should have been sent off one against West Brom, against Stoke he committed only one bookable offence, admittedly he was booked for the wrong incident.
    The referee was happy with his decision in the Wigan game, we can't dispute that
    The Berbatov penalty was a penalty
    Gerrard was rightly sent off

So that's 1 decision that's wrongly been given against United, maybe two. In the very same WBA game United should have had a penalty and didn't get one. Chelsea on Tuesday had a fortuitous penalty, should have had a man sent off, and Terry could easily have given away a penalty, that's 3 in one game. The reality is that every team gets some favourable decisions, if you've got an agenda against a particular club (which you clearly have) and when you're talking with people who hate Man Utd (likely given your location) you're bound to get a distorted view of it.

You're just wrong and too biased to realise it. If you're actually right, prove it, not with stupid little anecdotes and debatable decisions, with hard facts and statistics. I think though, if there really was a systemic bias towards United, someone would have noticed it other than people who hate Man Utd.

Stopped reading there. I'm not going to debate with someone wearing rose-tinted specs.

If you're that ignorant then you can go and fuck yourself.
    luke.
    luke.

Alex Ferguson charged by the FA for improper conduct - Page 8 Empty Re: Alex Ferguson charged by the FA for improper conduct

Post by luke. Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:47 am

It was never a penalty though Laughing
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:48 am

I don't care if people think the FA give us special treatment tbh. You're not gonna be able to prove it Laughing
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:50 am

Danny wrote:I don't care if people think the FA give us special treatment tbh. You're not gonna be able to prove it Laughing

I don't care if people think you're not gay, they can't prove it Coffee
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:50 am

You're not gonna be able to prove them wrong.

So you look like a prick now.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:50 am

luke. wrote:You're not gonna be able to prove them wrong.

So you look like a prick now.
    Not really... Neutral
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:52 am

For once I have to agree with Luke. It isn't the sort of thing that has statistics to solidly back it up, it's something which requires a bit of common sense that sadly many fans appear to lack. Or at least, lose under the heap of bias.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:53 am

Weak defence danny, I'm disappointed
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:53 am

Tom wrote:Weak defence danny, I'm disappointed
    What did I do wrong? Dry Smile
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:54 am

It was just weak, have a nap laugh
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:54 am

Glad he has had action took against him.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:55 am

Tom wrote:It was just weak, have a nap laugh
    I'm not tired smug
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:10 pm

He's refusing to talk to MUTV now rofl
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:14 pm

Fine Shagger wrote:He's refusing to talk to MUTV now  Alex Ferguson charged by the FA for improper conduct - Page 8 70955

Man thinks he's untouchable, really does. No he's not speaking to his own clubs official channel and website? Tit.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:15 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/03/alex-ferguson-mutv-fa-charge

Laughing Classic Fergie.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Here I was thinking us Arsenal fans were the most bitter fans and always make escuses :S

Utd fans have gotten soo used to seeing bad decisions going their way that they have an eye for an eye mentality.
    Its fucking rediculous you guys always clutch at straw for example alot of you were tring to justify Rooney's scum behaviour by saying Luiz got away with it so its okay.

Just like your manager you delude yourselves with your own bullshit and cannot accept it when your wrong.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:46 pm

What? Practically none of us defended Rooney.. Neutral

Just because a decision in the previous game went our way doesn't mean we can't complain when someone should be sent off in another match Laughing
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:00 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Sean wrote:I find it funny how after the Wigan game Mike Phelan said you can't dispute a referees decision

And then Fergie goes mad the next game  Alex Ferguson charged by the FA for improper conduct - Page 8 599439
    Mike Phelan and Sir Alex Ferguson are two different people.

luke. wrote:
    Sean wrote:I find it funny how after the Wigan game Mike Phelan said you can't dispute a referees decision

And then Fergie goes mad the next game  Alex Ferguson charged by the FA for improper conduct - Page 8 599439

inb4 someones says 'but phelan said it not Fergie Neutral'

even though Phelan said 'we'..
    failed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:26 am

I can't wait to see his face if Liverpool beat them on Sunday.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:27 am

Fine Shagger wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/03/alex-ferguson-mutv-fa-charge

Laughing Classic Fergie.

Wow Laughing

Soon he'll only be able to talk to himself.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:38 am

Will him not being at the side of the pitch hurt them performance wise? Thats my question.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:42 am

Scott wrote:I can't wait to see his face when Liverpool beat them on Sunday.
    Fixed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:45 am

Fergie is cracking up ...
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:54 am

Scott wrote:I can't wait to see his face if Liverpool beat them on Sunday.

It'll look something like this:

Spoiler:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:00 am

grenade187 wrote:Here I was thinking us Arsenal fans were the most bitter fans and always make escuses :S

Utd fans have gotten soo used to seeing bad decisions going their way that they have an eye for an eye mentality.
    Its fucking rediculous you guys always clutch at straw for example alot of you were tring to justify Rooney's scum behaviour by saying Luiz got away with it so its okay.

Just like your manager you delude yourselves with your own bullshit and cannot accept it when your wrong.
    rofl

It's funny because it was other people saying it doesn't matter what Luiz done because Rooney done worse.

Honestly mate I don't know where you've got that from but you're fucking miles off. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:18 am

I think the F.A. are a joke. Fergie says his opinions after a game where the referee was absolutely shocking.. why should he get charged? The ref needs to be examined not the manager.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:30 am

The-Reporter wrote:I think the F.A. are a joke. Fergie says his opinions after a game where the referee was absolutely shocking.. why should he get charged? The ref needs to be examined not the manager.

Coz he's a bacon faced twat, that's why.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:31 am

The-Reporter wrote:I think the F.A. are a joke. Fergie says his opinions after a game where the referee was absolutely shocking.. why should he get charged? The ref needs to be examined not the manager.

Funny how he didn't criticise the shocking refs when it suits him. He should be banned for his prickishness alone.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:38 am

Why would any manager criticise a ref when it suits them?

Maybe if the FA weren't pushing such a stupid respect rule that means you didn't get punished for speaking your honest opinion he would say "Ok we won the game but the ref gifted us that last minute penalty, poor decision".....but why risk a ban when you've just won the game?

100% agree with what Harry Redknapp said on SSN. FA can shuv their respect campaign up the shitter until refs make the right decisions. Managers, players and football clubs deserve respect too and it's a disgrace that in this day and age with so much technology we still have shit refs making bad decisions and ruining important, big money football games.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:52 am

Luxz0rz wrote:Why would any manager criticise a ref when it suits them?

Maybe if the FA weren't pushing such a stupid respect rule that means you didn't get punished for speaking your honest opinion he would say "Ok we won the game but the ref gifted us that last minute penalty, poor decision".....but why risk a ban when you've just won the game?

100% agree with what Harry Redknapp said on SSN. FA can shuv their respect campaign up the shitter until refs make the right decisions. Managers, players and football clubs deserve respect too and it's a disgrace that in this day and age with so much technology we still have shit refs making bad decisions and ruining important, big money football games.

Plenty of managers have come out and said their players were bang out of order, like Rooney was. Did Fergie? No.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:20 am