Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
Jordan Henderchip
Grenade
El Jefe
luke.
Forest
El_indian
limerickcitykid
PrideOfTheMidlands
Carlos Jenkinson
Theo Filippo
Stranger
SBSP
Mario
Start.
Yrael
The Maestro
Zzonked
ShakerMatty
Uncle John from Jamaica
Cam
Ra's al Ghul
Childish Logic
Phadunkin Donuts
Ham.
crump
Glen Miller
Sean
LFC_Grunners
Bye_Ya
Scouser_Dave
Dedge
Jayx1012
Marvin
Mouse
Novi
dena
40 posters

Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

Post by Mouse Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:24 am

Just watched Fight Club again, mirin' Brad Pitt. Might put him up on the wall in the garage, no homo.

Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 5 Brad-Pitt-fight-club-body

Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 5 Brad+pitt2
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

Post by Novi Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 am

I've been tempted to by a poster like that for a while now. Fight Club is what made me want to get into body building. Laughing

I was all over the place doing my chest today. Kept switching weights on the bench press.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:18 am

If you workout in the morning do you eat breakfast before or after?
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:21 am

During.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:31 am

hey man im a newbie
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:32 am

El you phaggot, you got credit yet brah
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:40 am

Yeah but stop texting me gay shit like "COME AT ME PHAGGOT"
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:41 am

El_indian wrote:Yeah but stop texting me gay shit like "COME AT ME PHAGGOT"

well you never fucking replied Neutral
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 am

El_indian wrote:If you workout in the morning do you eat breakfast before or after?

Before usually. I get up, make porridge with protein powder, piece of toast with jam for a bit of sugar, then go the gym like an hour later.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:58 am

this morning for breakfast I had a salami sandwich
    Ham.
    Ham.

Post by Ham. Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 am

What are good things to eat at night bar cottage cheese and yogurt. Always seem to get hungry about 9/10.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:02 am

Ham. wrote:What are good things to eat at night bar cottage cheese and yogurt. Always seem to get hungry about 9/10.

this
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:54 am

this kid was in my class:

Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 5 42901010

good guy
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:50 pm

shame he has a fucked up head
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:57 pm

Brad Pitt hardly had to lift for Fight Club.

Zyzz had the aesthetics to crave.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Chris wrote:Brad Pitt hardly had to lift for Fight Club.

Zyzz my hero
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Chris wrote:Brad Pitt hardly had to lift for Fight Club.

I read somewhere he just had to do lots of repition on low weights for all that toning.
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:08 am

Hello mf's. I have reached the point in life where I am fed up with my unhealthy lifestyle. Starting from tomorrow I plan to go to the gym everyday until Christmas, and begin a healthy diet.

I don't know exactly what I should do though. I want a toned body. My future aim is to have a visible V muscle.

What sort of foods can I eat for breakfast and lunch? For breakfast I'm thinking toast, but there's probably other/better things. For lunch I was thinking of making pasta, chicken and mayo most days and taking it to college with me.

At night time I was planning on eating meat with rice.

I am going to be very strict on this. I want a perfect body by July next year, so I'm giiving myself decent time this year around. I want to look as Reem as possible in Napa.

Pls can you post suggestions of foods I should be eating. I will also have 2 protein shakes a day. Also, how often should I have a 'treat' day? Once a week or once every 10 days?

Now, onto the gym. I plan to do muscle work 5 days a week and focus on a certain area each day. If anyone could give me a beginners 5 day programme that would be appreciated.

I will be going to the gym everyday to do cardio too. How many minutes should I spend doing this? I was thinking 30 minutes cardio a day?
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:09 am

Also, would you recommend stuff like createne and fat burners?
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:07 am

Anyone?
    Ham.
    Ham.

Post by Ham. Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:18 am

I'm probably not the best to answer this but here goes. For breakfast I usually have porridge, you could add a scoop of whey too that, or poached/scrambled eggs on wm toast. For lunch I have recently been buying a pack of chicken breast pieces and putting it on a baguette. For tea I normally have some meat(steak, chicken, gammon steaks, lean mince) with rice/pasta. You could also add a sauce so it's not as bland.

Pretty sure Chris posted a beginners workout he made for Novi a couple of pages back. Smile
    Jayx1012

Post by Jayx1012 Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:45 am

Gym was so full today that I couldn't go on anything so I had to swim for 40 minutes first, bit shit.
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:54 am

I love going to the gym late in the evenings now. Only me and one other person in there usually.

Cycling there and back in the dark is a bit spooky at times.

Started taking my shake with water now.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 am

This isn't exactly anything to do with weight training or fitness but its about my body so I thought this would be the best place to ask, my lower back is arched, like really arched. I stand against a wall and only my upper back and bum touch it, if I want my lower back to touch it I have to stand at some weird angle.

Also you know that thing people do where they raise their legs off the ground when lying down and hold it for as long as possible? I can't do that because it puts awful pain on my lower back and just above my anoos.

I know you might be thinking why are these things important, but having a really arched back seems to make my stomach stick out more, I'm not fat or anything, in fact I could do with putting on weight, but when I stand up if someone looks at me from the side I probably look like I've got a bit of a gut, not a good look when my arms and shoulders etc aren't the biggest.

My question is what should I do about it? I'm guessing I shouldn't do anything at all, I'm only 15 pushing on 16 so if its something I'll grow out of then there's still time for that, also would this stop me from being as tall as I could be because my spine isn't that straight?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:35 pm

Jay firstly.. go to your doctor and get it examined.

Secondly, if most people stand against a wall only the upper back and butt touch it. Look at this side shot of Arnie, his lower back would get nowhere near the wall.

Weight Training and Fitness Thread. - Page 5 1975mrolympia
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Yeah, that sounds like a normal arching back, but if you are really worried about it, or have pain, then I would get it checked out now, since back problems that linger can really mess you up later on in life.
    Jayx1012

Post by Jayx1012 Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Jay wrote:This isn't exactly anything to do with weight training or fitness but its about my body so I thought this would be the best place to ask, my lower back is arched, like really arched. I stand against a wall and only my upper back and bum touch it, if I want my lower back to touch it I have to stand at some weird angle.

Also you know that thing people do where they raise their legs off the ground when lying down and hold it for as long as possible? I can't do that because it puts awful pain on my lower back and just above my anoos.

I know you might be thinking why are these things important, but having a really arched back seems to make my stomach stick out more, I'm not fat or anything, in fact I could do with putting on weight, but when I stand up if someone looks at me from the side I probably look like I've got a bit of a gut, not a good look when my arms and shoulders etc aren't the biggest.

My question is what should I do about it? I'm guessing I shouldn't do anything at all, I'm only 15 pushing on 16 so if its something I'll grow out of then there's still time for that, also would this stop me from being as tall as I could be because my spine isn't that straight?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lordosis
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:11 pm

ForestLAD wrote:Hello mf's. I have reached the point in life where I am fed up with my unhealthy lifestyle. Starting from tomorrow I plan to go to the gym everyday until Christmas, and begin a healthy diet.

I don't know exactly what I should do though. I want a toned body. My future aim is to have a visible V muscle.

What sort of foods can I eat for breakfast and lunch? For breakfast I'm thinking toast, but there's probably other/better things. For lunch I was thinking of making pasta, chicken and mayo most days and taking it to college with me.

At night time I was planning on eating meat with rice.

I am going to be very strict on this. I want a perfect body by July next year, so I'm giiving myself decent time this year around. I want to look as Reem as possible in Napa.

Pls can you post suggestions of foods I should be eating. I will also have 2 protein shakes a day. Also, how often should I have a 'treat' day? Once a week or once every 10 days?

Now, onto the gym. I plan to do muscle work 5 days a week and focus on a certain area each day. If anyone could give me a beginners 5 day programme that would be appreciated.

I will be going to the gym everyday to do cardio too. How many minutes should I spend doing this? I was thinking 30 minutes cardio a day?

Honestly it sounds like you're taking on too much. I would guess lke 80% (random made up stat ftw) of people who start lifting weights never get anywhere significant because they try and do 5/7 days of the week and burn out really quickly. Remember that less is sometimes more, your muscle grows when you're resting it not when constantly working it out. The gym is like the spark to start gaining muscle, eating and rest is where the actual muscle is repaired and built stronger. I would advise a 3 day split instead, because that's what's always worked for me, especially if you're just starting out.

As for food, toast isn't great in the morning because it's just carbs and no protein. Maybe if you add peanut butter or something for a source of protein it would be better, but eggs and meat with bread on the side would probably be even better than that. I do like to get a source of carbs in the morning, but I usually eat porridge with a scoop of protein powder in it like Ham says.

I would aim for at least 3000 calories if you're trying to gain muscle, with protein making up about 40-50% of that, I would always try and fall on the high side of protein because to me it's the most useful macro nutrient. Protein shakes are best after workouts and before bed, you're not eating for like 8 hours when you sleep so it's important to try and keep protein inside you for as long as possible to avoid muscle breakdown. I think cheat meals are better than cheat days, because I usually go OTT on cheat days and eat stupidly. I would usually get a pizza for tea like every week or so, it's up to you really though.

Cardio can't hurt, just up your calories if you're trying to build muscle. Any cardio is fine, I suggest either something you find fun or just high intervals of activity followed by short rests (like sprints). Remember that it's a lot easier to have a phase when you try and gain muscle and then have a phase where you try and lose fat you accumulated along the way than to just try and gain muscle and no fat. It's not impossible to do that, but the progress is a lot slower and I would guess the end result not as good.
    Dedge
    Dedge

Post by Dedge Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:16 am

Sup guys, just popped on here to have a read of this topic and what Zzonked has said above Forest, is pretty much correct!

I've been on my bulk since end of August and put a good lot of size of an enough fat along the way but thats alright! Put like a stone on since I weighed myself before Napa and that was on clen so had not a lot of water weight in me. But I'm looking forward to cutting up again - need to start training my abs for gods sake! Said I'd do it like a month ago or so but really gunna' start soon!
    Jayx1012

Post by Jayx1012 Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:13 am

Dedge wrote:Sup guys, just popped on here to have a read of this topic and what Zzonked has said above Forest, is pretty much correct!

I've been on my bulk since end of August and put a good lot of size of an enough fat along the way but thats alright! Put like a stone on since I weighed myself before Napa and that was on clen so had not a lot of water weight in me. But I'm looking forward to cutting up again - need to start training my abs for gods sake! Said I'd do it like a month ago or so but really gunna' start soon!
    Clen as in Clenbuterol?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:25 am