Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
mac
Danny
Simonc89
blackskar
Cadbury
El Jefe
Lux
Uncle John from Jamaica
Mal
Pippo
luke.
ILCaesar
Jordi
Kuled
dena
Walcott
Sean
coolhead33
Bushido
Mario
ram_cr7
25 posters

Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D

Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D  - Page 4 Empty Re: Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D

Post by Lux Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:31 am

Jay.Davies11 wrote:My local team is Tranmere Rovers, I live about 15 minutes away from Liverpool, and my family has supported Liverpool for generations, but according to some Tranmere fans, I am a glory hunter Laughing

I remember meeting someone from Tranmere on holiday years ago and when I asked if he's Scouse he said "Fuck off we all hate Liverpool around here".....he supported Tranmere Rovers Neutral
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:34 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Jay.Davies11 wrote:My local team is Tranmere Rovers, I live about 15 minutes away from Liverpool, and my family has supported Liverpool for generations, but according to some Tranmere fans, I am a glory hunter Laughing

I remember meeting someone from Tranmere on holiday years ago and when I asked if he's Scouse he said "Fuck off we all hate Liverpool around here".....he supported Tranmere Rovers Neutral
    Most of them are like that, they sing "We're not Scouse we're from Birkenhead" with their fake scouse accents Laughing
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:36 am

I would have probably gone for Tranmere. I honestly don't think I could be arsed to support a big 4 club, all the constant repeated shit over and over. Want us to get back in the premier league still though, just to see the haters come back.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:36 am

James wrote:Jealous that you are a Belgian trying to support Real Madrid from 100's of miles away?

Why would I be jealous? I am from the best country in the world, from the best city in the world and every week I actually get to go and SUPPORT the best team in the world.

How patriotic, yet silly.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:41 am

Anyway, you shouldn't have posted this thread. We all know that Britain is full of pricks who use racism to back up their arguement. i can see why everyone hates the USA, Afghanistan, France, Iraq, Libya and Russia but India has done so much for Britain over the past 1000 years. Let's forget the protests that led to their indepandance, shall we. Neutral.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:42 am

NGreat wrote:How patriotic, yet silly.

You should've supported your local team...they're bigger Embarassed
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:47 am

Luxz0rz wrote:

Or I could have done what most people here did and supported Manchester United/Liverpool until this summer then magically turned into a Blackpool fan Neutral.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:48 am

NGreat wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:

Or I could have done what most people here did and supported Manchester United/Liverpool until this summer then magically turned into a Blackpool fan Neutral.
    Seriously??? Neutral....
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:48 am

Couldn't give a monkeys who people support aslong as they don't shove it down my throat.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:49 am

Or you could have just chose Blackpool from the start...whopper alert.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:50 am

Mal wrote:Well fans from other countries are not fucking it up for every decent, loyal, proper football fan because he's making Manchester United money ain't he? Or are you gonna tell me no United fan is a "decent, loyal, proper football fan" Neutral

i can tell from your sig, that you are an Arsenal fan. i'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you attend on a regular basis.

in what way do foreign football fans "supporting" the likes of United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and City improve your matchday experience?

do you think that the disparity caused by this fad is in anyway good for Football in the long term?

United have many decent, loyal & proper fans. the ones i know are worried about the possibility of a full blown European or World League where games will be played in far flung corners of the globe in order to "tap into" foreign markets! how would that benefit proper fans? whom without, United would be nothing. Our game is being changed and its not for the better. how long before clubs prioritise foreign fans ahead of their local fan bases? i know Arsene Wenger was advocating PL games being played abroad. so would Arsenal V Man U played in Tokyo with a 10am GMT K.O. benefit you? or anyone of the fanbase who are responsible for making Arsenal one of the great English clubs?

foreign "supporters" are customers, not fans. a fan dosn't have to spend £200 in the clubshop every time they go to a game. in fact most true fans spend more money on incidental things following our teams! i for one spend far more money on travel and in pubs when following my team than i do on club merchandise (ticket, program, shirt, scarf ect) in fact my season ticket is the only thing i have bought from my club all season!

glory supporters, whether they be from Cornwall or Korea, Los angeles or London are the scourge of modern football and should be reminded at every opportunity!
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:50 am

Just let him glory hunt..it's not going to affect you or your club in any way..actually it will..It will give your club more money Neutral
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:51 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    Mal wrote:Well fans from other countries are not fucking it up for every decent, loyal, proper football fan because he's making Manchester United money ain't he? Or are you gonna tell me no United fan is a "decent, loyal, proper football fan" Neutral

i can tell from your sig, that you are an Arsenal fan. i'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you attend on a regular basis.

in what way do foreign football fans "supporting" the likes of United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and City improve your matchday experience?

do you think that the disparity caused by this fad is in anyway good for Football in the long term?

United have many decent, loyal & proper fans. the ones i know are worried about the possibility of a full blown European or World League where games will be played in far flung corners of the globe in order to "tap into" foreign markets! how would that benefit proper fans? whom without, United would be nothing. Our game is being changed and its not for the better. how long before clubs prioritise foreign fans ahead of their local fan bases? i know Arsene Wenger was advocating PL games being played abroad. so would Arsenal V Man U played in Tokyo with a 10am GMT K.O. benefit you? or anyone of the fanbase who are responsible for making Arsenal one of the great English clubs?

foreign "supporters" are customers, not fans. a fan dosn't have to spend £200 in the clubshop every time they go to a game. in fact most true fans spend more money on incidental things following our teams! i for one spend far more money on travel and in pubs when following my team than i do on club merchandise (ticket, program, shirt, scarf ect) in fact my season ticket is the only thing i have bought from my club all season!

glory supporters, whether they be from Cornwall or Korea, Los angeles or London are the scourge of modern football and should be reminded at every opportunity!

No one cares. Sit down.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:52 am

Kuled wrote:Just let him glory hunt..it's not going to affect you or your club in any way..actually it will..It will give your club more money Neutral

You're right. How's Malta by the way, weather good? Neutral.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:58 am

NGreat wrote:Anyway, you shouldn't have posted this thread. We all know that Britain is full of pricks who use racism to back up their arguement. i can see why everyone hates the USA, Afghanistan, France, Iraq, Libya and Russia but India has done so much for Britain over the past 1000 years. Let's forget the protests that led to their indepandance, shall we. Neutral.

1000 years? Think that's pushing it a bit........

We did a lot for India too, we united their nation and protected them from the invaders who were doing a lot more harm than us. We also industrialised it.

I don't really care about India being independent that's fine, it's more that where I live might as well be New India as more of them live here than English Coffee

NGreat wrote:Or I could have done what most people here did and supported Manchester United/Liverpool until this summer then magically turned into a Blackpool fan Neutral.

Laughing
    ILCaesar
    ILCaesar

Supports : Cruel

Post by ILCaesar Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:01 am

You didn't help India that much. You raped them of most of their culture, took advantage of cheap labour, and barely treated them above the level of animals.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:01 am

NGreat wrote:
    Kuled wrote:Just let him glory hunt..it's not going to affect you or your club in any way..actually it will..It will give your club more money Neutral

They have alot of liverpool fans here are they gloryhunters too?
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:02 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    NGreat wrote:Anyway, you shouldn't have posted this thread. We all know that Britain is full of pricks who use racism to back up their arguement. i can see why everyone hates the USA, Afghanistan, France, Iraq, Libya and Russia but India has done so much for Britain over the past 1000 years. Let's forget the protests that led to their indepandance, shall we. Neutral.

1000 years? Think that's pushing it a bit........

We did a lot for India too, we united their nation and protected them from the invaders who were doing a lot more harm than us. We also industrialised it.

I don't really care about India being independent that's fine, it's more that where I live might as well be New India as more of them live here than English Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D  - Page 4 28973

NGreat wrote:Or I could have done what most people here did and supported Manchester United/Liverpool until this summer then magically turned into a Blackpool fan Neutral.

Laughing

I meant 100, the other '0' just slipped out Surprised!
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:04 am

Kuled wrote:
    NGreat wrote:

They have alot of liverpool fans here are they gloryhunters too?

Perhaps, if they walk into school and say "What was the Liverpool score again" then they are fake. If they started supporting them in 2005 then started supporting someone else then they are glory supporters. You see, it's hard to be a glorysupporter when we have no such glory right now.

By the way, I'm not sure whether your quiery was sarcastic, malicious or a form of comeback. Do tell.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:09 am

by there being huge amounts of money in the game, i fail to see the benefits for me as an average fan. Wolves have far more money than at any other time in our history right now. but we are further away from the big four than at any time previously! and i include our Division 4 days in that.

if supporting a football team was a job, then alot of people would be getting done on the trade description act. these people are nothing but customers - they shouldn't have the right to call themselves fans!

just because i like chocolate. dosn't make me a chocolatier!
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:12 am

'orrible bastard wrote:

Only thing I've bought off Arsenal was a slice of pizza and a pint, got my ticket for free for Braga at home and the rest of the games I go to are all away so I'm giving my money to that club, £56 for a ticket at Chelsea Neutral red card
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am

Pizza any good? Neutral
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:16 am

NGreat wrote:Pizza any good? Neutral

No it was like a Mcains microwave pizza. Neutral £3.50 for it as well I think. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:16 am

ILCaesar wrote:You didn't help India that much. You raped them of most of their culture, took advantage of cheap labour, and barely treated them above the level of animals.

we also educated them and built an infrastructure which was the envy of the developing world! the British were cruel & barbaric in the way that India was modernised but would their nation be anywhere near as developed if it wasn't for us? besides, had we not colonised the Indian sub-continent, the Dutch, Germans, Portuguese, Spanish, French and Russians were forming a less than ordilly queue to do it anyway! would they have been any less brutal?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:20 am

Mal wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:

Only thing I've bought off Arsenal was a slice of pizza and a pint, got my ticket for free for Braga at home and the rest of the games I go to are all away so I'm giving my money to that club, £56 for a ticket at Chelsea Neutral Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D  - Page 4 512670

whats the red card for? me or Chelsea for charging £56. fuck me £56. that's scandalous. my season ticket works out as £20 a game. i don't buy anything inside the stadium except the occasional beer which isn't badly priced although still more than in town.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:24 am

Mal wrote:
    NGreat wrote:Pizza any good? Neutral

No it was like a Mcains microwave pizza. Neutral £3.50 for it as well I think. Neutral

Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D  - Page 4 512670
    ILCaesar
    ILCaesar

Post by ILCaesar Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:26 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    ILCaesar wrote:You didn't help India that much. You raped them of most of their culture, took advantage of cheap labour, and barely treated them above the level of animals.

we also educated them and built an infrastructure which was the envy of the developing world! the British were cruel & barbaric in the way that India was modernised but would their nation be anywhere near as developed if it wasn't for us? besides, had we not colonised the Indian sub-continent, the Dutch, Germans, Portuguese, Spanish, French and Russians were forming a less than ordilly queue to do it anyway! would they have been any less brutal?
    I think India would've been fine without the brits. They've always been a clever people. You didn't get them where they were today because when you left, there was even more abject poverty and corruption. :evil:

But I don't much care for this conversation. I'm not British and I'm not Indian. It doesn't affect me.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:27 am

We were the best thing that's ever happened to them, and many Indians think that too.

ILCaesar wrote:I think India would've been fine without the brits. They've always been a clever people. You didn't get them where they were today because when you left, there was even more abject poverty and corruption. :evil:

But I don't much care for this conversation. I'm not British and I'm not Indian. It doesn't affect me.

There's no reward without sacrifice.

Considering how bad India was when we colonised it.....I highly doubt it was worse.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    ILCaesar
    ILCaesar

Post by ILCaesar Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:28 am

Luxz0rz wrote:

We were the best thing that's ever happened to them.
    Actually, that would be American outsourcing. They and China are one of the few countries not in a recession/coming out of a recession at this time.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:30 am

ILCaesar wrote:Actually, that would be American outsourcing. They and China are one of the few countries not in a recession/coming out of a recession at this time.

Which wouldn't be the case if we didn't Industrialise them....they'd probably be another Nigeria Basketball

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 1:29 am