Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
mac
Danny
Simonc89
blackskar
Cadbury
El Jefe
Lux
Uncle John from Jamaica
Mal
Pippo
luke.
ILCaesar
Jordi
Kuled
dena
Walcott
Sean
coolhead33
Bushido
Mario
ram_cr7
25 posters

Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D

dena
    dena

Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D  - Page 6 Empty Re: Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D

Post by dena Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:56 am

Spain's golden age actually ended because they got rocked by England in the whole Spanish Armada thing (what do we call it anyway, the battle of the Spanish Armada, whatever) before then Spain basically owned the new world. A Pope had literally granted them the rights to it. Once their navy was shown up, other nations decided to come in.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:12 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:These "dark ages" you are referring to was the golden age of India before the Mughals, especially for places like Vijayanagara, and after the Mughals came, they revolutionized life in Northern India.

Not as golden. in 50-100 years time they might have a golden age, and it'll be down to us.

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    And Spain was thrice as strong as Britain was for a long time. It's just a coincidence that Britain's golden age came at the end of Spain's golden age. (Which ended with Spain being bankrupt as fuck, losing their colonies and having inbred mentally disabled kings)

Other than the Spanish Armada/similar battles in that period ...which in whole was a stalemate....not many other battles to prove that. After that it's just been us over them..... and before then Spain was mostly torn apart, generally England and France were the main players going back to post Holy Roman Empire.

But does it really matter Laughing I'm not really that bothered, it's nice to have pride in your country but what happened in the past isn't going to change anything today.

I meant more than just militarily.

Spain was the richest nation in Europe back than.

Spain was the main player well into the 1600's, along with France. England caught up and started dominating a bit later.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:18 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:

I meant more than just militarily.

Spain was the richest nation in Europe back than.

Spain was the main player well into the 1600's, along with France. England caught up and started dominating a bit later.

Perhaps, although going back to before the 1600's we had a 1+ over France for centuries. At some points we had about half of France, even after we'd been driven out we took lots of money with us Cool

The Spanish..hmph.....owned them in Empire Total War lol!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:54 am

That was a bit earlier on.

Back than France had a horrible political system, where a piece of the kingdom would be divided between each brother after the king dies. Than when each brother died, all their sons would take a piece of their fathers empire and so on and so forth.

When England controlled half of France, it was a time where France was very very unorganized and disfunctional.

If EUIII has taught me anything, it's that a fully functional France is uber-powerful, and can only be taken down by a unified Germany. shifty (Or in my games, Poland Cool )
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:42 am

England = awesome.
    Everywhere else = gay.

NeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:48 am

Dan wrote:England = awesome.
    Everywhere else = gay.

NeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutral

Stop being American you homo.

Only Americans are allowed to call other countries gay. Neutral

(Give a few exceptions, Poland's allowed to call Czech Republic/Slovakia/Ukraine/Belarus/Lithuania gay, Canada's allowed to call America gay, Mexico is allowed to call Central Americans gay an vice versa, Venezuelans are allowed to call Colombians gay, England's allowed to call Ireland, Norn Iron, Wales and Scotland gay, Scandinavians can call each other gay as much as they want(but they all are closet homosexuals and us foreigners don't really know if they are being "gay" or are actually gay. Neutral), Germany is allowed to call Austria Gay, Croatia and Serbia are allowed to call each other gay, and both allowed to call Albania "fucking homo", Romania and Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey as well, Cyprus are allowed to call both "fucking homo" et cetera, but those are exceptions.

Only America can call any country they want gay. It's a privilege of them being gay themselves. (I can say that as I am Canadian)).

Learn your world's order before calling things gay. Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:42 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:That was a bit earlier on.

Back than France had a horrible political system, where a piece of the kingdom would be divided between each brother after the king dies. Than when each brother died, all their sons would take a piece of their fathers empire and so on and so forth.

When England controlled half of France, it was a time where France was very very unorganized and disfunctional.

If EUIII has taught me anything, it's that a fully functional France is uber-powerful, and can only be taken down by a unified Germany. shifty (Or in my games, Poland Cool )

France and Poland in Hearts of Iron 3 Laughing Very poor. Not surprising though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:45 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Everywhere else = gay.

(Give a few exceptions, Poland's allowed to call Czech Republic/Slovakia/Ukraine/Belarus/Lithuania gay, Canada's allowed to call America gay, Mexico is allowed to call Central Americans gay an vice versa, Venezuelans are allowed to call Colombians gay, England's allowed to call Ireland, Norn Iron, Wales and Scotland gay, Scandinavians can call each other gay as much as they want(but they all are closet homosexuals and us foreigners don't really know if they are being "gay" or are actually gay. Neutral), Germany is allowed to call Austria Gay, Croatia and Serbia are allowed to call each other gay, and both allowed to call Albania "fucking homo", Romania and Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey as well, Cyprus are allowed to call both "fucking homo" et cetera, but those are exceptions.

Only America can call any country they want gay. It's a privilege of them being gay themselves. (I can say that as I am Canadian)).

If I was being American, I'd have called them fags. Learn the world's dialects before you try to lecture me on it, you douche.. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:47 am

Meh.

France is fucking impossible in EU3, they just blob and blob and blob some more until they are at war with all of Europe for twenty years and either blob most of Europe or finally collapse.

But they are different time periods though, the two games. (IIRC)

Poland back in EU3 timeline like in real life was a fairly rich, very very powerful country.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:48 am

Dan wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Everywhere else = gay.

If I was being American, I'd have called them fags. Learn the world's dialects before you try to lecture me on it, you douche.. Neutral

Americans only call Europeans and Chinese fags.

Everyone else are either gays or homo's. Neutral

Learn it correctly ye cunt. Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:50 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Meh.

France is fucking impossible in EU3, they just blob and blob and blob some more until they are at war with all of Europe for twenty years and either blob most of Europe or finally collapse.

But they are different time periods though, the two games. (IIRC)

Poland back in EU3 timeline like in real life was a fairly rich, very very powerful country.

When I said poor I didn't mean money wise, more in the sense that Germany/Italy rape them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:50 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Everywhere else = gay.

Shut up queer.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:51 am

Dan wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Everywhere else = gay.

Shut up queer.

Queers is reserved by Americans to call Canadians and other Americans from either the Midwest or from the Southern states.

Thus you can't use it ye faggot.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:56 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Everywhere else = gay.

Shut up queer.

Queers is reserved by Americans to call Canadians and other Americans from either the Midwest or from the Southern states.

Thus you can't use it ye faggot.

OK, fair enough. However, the language that you are speaking is English, therefore, seeing as you aren't English, you aren't allowed to use it. Sorry, them's the rules.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:02 am

Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D  - Page 6 Ut4cZ
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:05 am

You aren't even American. Wannabe!

How embarassing. At least pick a decent country, there's over 200 of them.. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:06 am

I'm Canadian, and if you insult USA, we will chuckle for a bit(as in, "LOL Americans..."), but than realize that your insulting us as well. Neutral

We are practically the same country culture wise.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:07 am

You are the same, apart from the fact they are American and you are Canadian.. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:11 am

Sure, we are slightly slightly different, and have pride of ourselves and all, and regularly laugh, insult, and troll each other, but otherwise we are on the same boat.

Like if someone said "England's a shitty island!" The Scots would chuckle for a split second ("Haha, dem faukin Engelish") before realizing that they are being insulted as well. Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:12 am

A lot of Scots want to "split" from the UK anyway... Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:14 am

Danny B wrote:A lot of Scots want to "split" from the UK anyway... Neutral

Sooner the better. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:14 am

I hardly think any Scot would get insulted by a joke about the English. After all, they are Scottish, not English.. Neutral

That's like me getting offended by a joke about Muslims.. Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:15 am

Dan wrote:I hardly think any Scot would get insulted by a joke about the English. After all, they are Scottish, not English.. Neutral

That's like me getting offended by a joke about Muslims.. Neutral

Laughing

Fair point though. If someone says all Welshmen are sheep shaggers, why would an Englishmen get offended? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:20 am

Your right, you guys over there in the isles are too diverse following over a thousand years of history.

Unlike Canucks and Yanks.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:26 am

Lol I know a lot of Canadians who don't think like you Polska.

Sure you can cross the border in some places and not notice much difference but you could say that about a lot of places in the world.

Besides....Canada is different to the USA in a lot ways.....e.g. the French.... Intuits, Mountain rangers and moose Laughing
    Simonc89
    Simonc89

Post by Simonc89 Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:56 am

Who's stopping them?
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:57 am

How the fuck should I know? Neutral
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:00 am

The pipes, the pipes are calling...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:10 am

Simonc89 wrote:

Who's stopping them?

Because they know that if they separate from the motherland, they'll be fucked. (economically speaking)

Luxz0rz wrote:Lol I know a lot of Canadians who don't think like you Polska.

Sure you can cross the border in some places and not notice much difference but you could say that about a lot of places in the world.

Besides....Canada is different to the USA in a lot ways.....e.g. the French.... Intuits, Mountain rangers and moose Laughing

Like I said, Canadians and Americans are rivals, and are both fairly patriotic against each other. (Robyn is a good example in How I met your mother, although they blown the Canadian stereotypes waaaaay out of proportion)

But no Canadian is going to deny that Americans are very similar to us.

Honestly, People from New York/Chicago/Missouri/Ohio/other areas in and near the Great Lakes are probably much closer to Canadians in Toronto than to people in New Orleans, or California or other parts of the states.

Likewise, I as a Torontonian feel closer to someone from Chicago than to Montreal, or Halifax or Winnepeg and especially BC.

And I'm willing to be it's fairly similar situations in other areas like Canadian/American Cascadia and Canadian/American Maritime/New England.

Also, Nobody in Canada speaks French other than in Quebec. shifty , If it wasn't for Nunavut breaking in 1999, and the education given in school, I doubt many Canadians would have even heard of Inuits and I personally have only seen a Canadian Mountee in parades, and once at a Tim Hortans eating a donut in my life. Neutral
    mac
    mac

Supports : Liverpool

Post by mac Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:11 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:

Like I said, Canadians and Americans are rivals, and are both fairly patriotic against each other. (Robyn is a good example in How I met your mother, although they blown the Canadian stereotypes waaaaay out of proportion)

But no Canadian is going to deny that Americans are very similar to us.

Honestly, People from New York/Chicago/Missouri/Ohio/other areas in and near the Great Lakes are probably much closer to Canadians in Toronto than to people in New Orleans, or California or other parts of the states.

Likewise, I as a Torontonian feel closer to someone from Chicago than to Montreal, or Halifax or Winnepeg and especially BC.

And I'm willing to be it's fairly similar situations in other areas like Canadian/American Cascadia and Canadian/American Maritime/New England.

Also, Nobody in Canada speaks French other than in Quebec. shifty , If it wasn't for Nunavut breaking in 1999, and the education given in school, I doubt many Canadians would have even heard of Inuits and I personally have only seen a Canadian Mountee in parades, and once at a Tim Hortans eating a donut in my life. Neutral

I'm dual American and Canadian citizen. Was born and lived in Toronto for 7 years but have resided in California for last 12 years. I do agree there is similarities between American and Canadians and more so between states near the border but there's more than enough differences.

For me, the lifestyle, attitude, political views, etc. are different enough.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 2:09 am