Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Zzonked
Harrold
Danny
VivaRonaldoLAD
8 posters

Are these fans the real glory hunters?

VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Are these fans the real glory hunters? Empty Are these fans the real glory hunters?

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:05 am

Just thinking earlier, teams like Birmingham and Middlesboro( Just two of the top of my head) used to fill their stadium every week when they were in the Premiership.. Now when you see their games there is more empty seats than people.. are these fans who dont show up anymore the real glory hunters in todays world? think

What do you think?
    Danny
    Danny

Are these fans the real glory hunters? Empty Re: Are these fans the real glory hunters?

Post by Danny Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:06 am

Middlesbrough only ever saw their stadium full against a big team. Laughing
    Anonymous

Are these fans the real glory hunters? Empty Re: Are these fans the real glory hunters?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:06 am

Yes. But there isn't as many of these as there is people from London supporting Man U etc.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:07 am

How were they glory hunters then? The were watching Premiership football, better quality with better players. They weren't winning trophies or anything then. It was just a better viewing spectacle then the championship. Die hard fans will still go to the games, and casual fans won't Simples
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:08 am

Yes, in a sense. Like for us against Villa our stadium was packed out when usually it's half full in the league. Some of the fans didn't even know the chants. Are these fans the real glory hunters? 58503

Happens all the time. Like when City made the play-off final. Loads of my mates went when they don't even support them. They wouldn't go to a league game against say Doncaster.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:10 am

Dagbon wrote:How were they glory hunters then? The were watching Premiership football, better quality with better players. They weren't winning trophies or anything then. It was just a better viewing spectacle then the championship. Die hard fans will still go to the games, and casual fans won't Simples

Thats the point, as soon as the glory of playing in the Premiership every week is gone, all these "fans" crawl back into their armchair and dont show up.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:12 am

You could say that. However it's basically circumstance that has exposed them. I bet if any team went down their attendance would fall to some extent.

It also might be to do with the depressingness of getting relegated rather than actual desire for glory.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:14 am

Zzonked wrote:You could say that. However it's basically circumstance that has exposed them. I bet if any team went down their attendance would fall to some extent.

It also might be to do with the depressingness of getting relegated rather than actual desire for glory.

This. Our attendance was low after being relegated. It's gotten even lower with current form. The exception being last night.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:28 am

Stoke had to give away tickets for free on several occasions in the Championship. Now they're considered one of the best supported.

It happens....the more successful you are the more fans attend.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

I think the truth is that most teams get a bigger support or following when watching football in a higher League.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:40 am

People want to support teams with better players and that are capable of a better quality of football. Especially the "casual fans" as Dagbon said. These casual fans support the club, but they aren't die hard fans but they'll come out to a game or two a year since their team is in the premiership at the moment and have good players. But if this team gets relegated, loses most of its good players and budget then the casual fans won't really care to watch them as much, they might start watching the next closest team in the premiership, because they prefer to follow a team with high quality players.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Every club has "glory hunter" supporters. It's only logical that a club will see less attendance after dropping from the Premier League. I'm sure ManUtd would be in the same position.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:32 pm

To me a glory hunter is someone who changes who they support regularly. So no.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:42 pm

SBSP wrote:To me a glory hunter is someone who changes who they support regularly. So no.
    Totally agree with this.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:48 pm

I thought our attendances would drop from 9,000(ish) to about 7,000 when we got relegated, yet we're getting higher attendances in League One.

Don't know why, but I like it.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Someone who "supports" a team that always has glory is hardly going to switch teams is he? Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:11 pm