Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
mac
Danny
Simonc89
blackskar
Cadbury
El Jefe
Lux
Uncle John from Jamaica
Mal
Pippo
luke.
ILCaesar
Jordi
Kuled
dena
Walcott
Sean
coolhead33
Bushido
Mario
ram_cr7
25 posters

Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D

ILCaesar
    ILCaesar

Supports : Cruel

Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D  - Page 5 Empty Re: Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D

Post by ILCaesar Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:34 am

Nah. Every country has a low point. India is no different. Japan is no different. Amurrica and Urrngland no different either. You guys got lucky with geographical positioning and the fact that Spain sucks at conquering anything in a true sense.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:39 am

ILCaesar wrote:Nah. Every country has a low point. India is no different. Japan is no different. Amurrica and Urrngland no different either.

Well until we came India was what? Constant dark ages.

ILCaesar wrote:
    You guys got lucky with geographical positioning and the fact that Spain sucks at conquering anything in a true sense.

C'mon if Britain being where it is is luck then what isn't luck.....and Spain weren't as powerful as us Cool
    ILCaesar
    ILCaesar

Post by ILCaesar Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:43 am

I just said Spain weren't as powerful as you O_o
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:44 am

The red card was to Chelsea. My friend has a season ticket at Wolves Laughing
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:45 am

They weren't far off. Deserve credit imo.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:51 am

ILCaesar wrote:I just said Spain weren't as powerful as you O_o

Don't see how it's lucky though, as if Spain should have been better scratch
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:19 am

ILCaesar wrote:Nah. Every country has a low point. India is no different. Japan is no different. Amurrica and Urrngland no different either. You guys got lucky with geographical positioning and the fact that Spain sucks at conquering anything in a true sense.

yeah, our geographical location came in dead handy when colonising parts of the world that were closer to every other colonial power. we are closer to canada than anyone else and possibly New England, but thats it. along with the Romans, the influence England has had on the World to this point, is unrivalled!
    Simonc89
    Simonc89

Post by Simonc89 Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:20 am

I'm a glory hunter, the amount of trophies we've won in the last 30 years is unbelievable.
    ILCaesar
    ILCaesar

Post by ILCaesar Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:21 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    ILCaesar wrote:Nah. Every country has a low point. India is no different. Japan is no different. Amurrica and Urrngland no different either. You guys got lucky with geographical positioning and the fact that Spain sucks at conquering anything in a true sense.

yeah, our geographical location came in dead handy when colonising parts of the world that were closer to every other colonial power. we are closer to canada than anyone else and possibly New England, but thats it. along with the Romans, the influence England has had on the World to this point, is unrivalled!
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh shit you were talking?
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:22 am

Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D  - Page 5 British-empire-map
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:26 am

Simonc89 wrote:I'm a glory hunter, the amount of trophies we've won in the last 30 years is unbelievable.

Yay. A sheep shagger. December the 29th. Derby are getting fucked up by the Forest.
    ILCaesar
    ILCaesar

Post by ILCaesar Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:27 am

Is that map supposed to mean something to me? I was saying zZZzz because the "I am English. Hear me roar" bit is overdone and boring at this point. Whoopedy fucking doo.
    Simonc89
    Simonc89

Post by Simonc89 Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:29 am

forestfcfan wrote:
    Yay. A sheep shagger. December the 29th. Derby are getting fucked up by the Forest.

What a pleasant suprise, i'd been wondering where you got to on the EA forums! I reckon you'll do us at your place, we don't seem that great away from home, but i'll be piling the cash on us winning at Pride Park!
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:32 am

ILCaesar wrote:Is that map supposed to mean something to me? I was saying zZZzz because the "I am English. Hear me roar" bit is overdone and boring at this point. Whoopedy fucking doo.

Some daft cunt in this thread said that our geographical location did us a favour when iut came to preserving our colonies. I posted that map to show them the scale of their incorrect-ness Neutral.
    ILCaesar
    ILCaesar

Post by ILCaesar Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:37 am

Who even said that?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:45 am

ILCaesar wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh shit you were talking?

well 3 of the 4 lines of my lineage are former or current English colonies. im not bigging up colonisation! for all the goodits done, there's been alot of blood shed and i dont see it as a source of pride.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. oh sorry were you being wrong about stuff and then diverting attention by claiming I was being boring? rather be boring than wrong. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    ILCaesar
    ILCaesar

Post by ILCaesar Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:49 am

How was I wrong? Laughing

Everyone has a little luck and geography on their side. Just like the US. They were able to stay relatively unharmed prior to the Great Wars because of their location.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:49 am

Simonc89 wrote:
    forestfcfan wrote:

What a pleasant suprise, i'd been wondering where you got to on the EA forums! I reckon you'll do us at your place, we don't seem that great away from home, but i'll be piling the cash on us winning at Pride Park!

Yeah I can see you hammering us at your place, our away form is shocking Laughing

Ah, I was banned on EA a few times.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:54 am

NGreat wrote:
    Kuled wrote:
    NGreat wrote:
    Kuled wrote:Just let him glory hunt..it's not going to affect you or your club in any way..actually it will..It will give your club more money Neutral

You're right. How's Malta by the way, weather good? Neutral.
    They have alot of liverpool fans here are they gloryhunters too?

Perhaps, if they walk into school and say "What was the Liverpool score again" then they are fake. If they started supporting them in 2005 then started supporting someone else then they are glory supporters. You see, it's hard to be a glorysupporter when we have no such glory right now.

By the way, I'm not sure whether your quiery was sarcastic, malicious or a form of comeback. Do tell.
    quiery Smile
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:57 am

kay.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:01 am

ILCaesar wrote:How was I wrong? Laughing

Everyone has a little luck and geography on their side. Just like the US. They were able to stay relatively unharmed prior to the Great Wars because of their location.

you was wrong about England being lucky with regards to its geography! how was our geographical location helpful when colonising..............everywhere?

Spain, Portugal & France were all marginally closer to our African, Asian & Australasian colonies. but still a long fucking way from them. i fail to see how being 12,000 miles from New Zealand was helpful in it's colonisation!

we really had a jump on the Spanish when claiming Gibraltar. we are obviously much closer to the rock than Spain.

the Colonial powers were not powerful through luck. they gained territory through being intrepid, prepared and ruthless. luck has nothing to do with it!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:12 am

the OP is still a cunt though.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:20 am

Also don't forget the Falklands. We wern't exactly lucky geographicaly there neu shades.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:26 am

yarnbury11 wrote:To be honest, it's pretty shocking. There's about 3 people on here who actually support their local club. Other people may come up with all the stories in the world, but when it comes down to it they are just glory hunters. The beauty of the internet, its just words against words with no proof but deep down everyone knows if they are glory hunting, and if they are happy with their glory hunted club then so be it. Just don't start getting the cheek on with the 'genuine' fans.
    This really.

I wonder if I am in the gloryhunting catagory, seeing as the club I support is a Polish one after all. Neutral

Actually, now that I think about it, any club I would support other than Toronto FC would be gloryhunting, using the technical terms.

But i don't think anyone could really question nor group me up with the hordes of true plastic gloryhunting fans out there who all go support United or Chelsea, Liverpool or whatnot.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:29 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    Mal wrote:Well fans from other countries are not fucking it up for every decent, loyal, proper football fan because he's making Manchester United money ain't he? Or are you gonna tell me no United fan is a "decent, loyal, proper football fan" Neutral

i can tell from your sig, that you are an Arsenal fan. i'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you attend on a regular basis.

in what way do foreign football fans "supporting" the likes of United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and City improve your matchday experience?

do you think that the disparity caused by this fad is in anyway good for Football in the long term?

United have many decent, loyal & proper fans. the ones i know are worried about the possibility of a full blown European or World League where games will be played in far flung corners of the globe in order to "tap into" foreign markets! how would that benefit proper fans? whom without, United would be nothing. Our game is being changed and its not for the better. how long before clubs prioritise foreign fans ahead of their local fan bases? i know Arsene Wenger was advocating PL games being played abroad. so would Arsenal V Man U played in Tokyo with a 10am GMT K.O. benefit you? or anyone of the fanbase who are responsible for making Arsenal one of the great English clubs?

foreign "supporters" are customers, not fans. a fan dosn't have to spend £200 in the clubshop every time they go to a game. in fact most true fans spend more money on incidental things following our teams! i for one spend far more money on travel and in pubs when following my team than i do on club merchandise (ticket, program, shirt, scarf ect) in fact my season ticket is the only thing i have bought from my club all season!

glory supporters, whether they be from Cornwall or Korea, Los angeles or London are the scourge of modern football and should be reminded at every opportunity!

I generally agree with this as well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:31 am

ILCaesar wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:
    ILCaesar wrote:You didn't help India that much. You raped them of most of their culture, took advantage of cheap labour, and barely treated them above the level of animals.

We were the best thing that's ever happened to them.
    Actually, that would be American outsourcing. They and China are one of the few countries not in a recession/coming out of a recession at this time.

Poland being the other one. shifty
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:37 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Poland being the other one. shifty

What does it matter......Polish prosperity is English poverty Wink
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:38 am

[quote="Luxz0rz"]
    ILCaesar wrote:Nah. Every country has a low point. India is no different. Japan is no different. Amurrica and Urrngland no different either.

Well until we came India was what? Constant dark ages.

ILCaesar wrote:
    You guys got lucky with geographical positioning and the fact that Spain sucks at conquering anything in a true sense.

C'mon if Britain being where it is is luck then what isn't luck.....and Spain weren't as powerful as us Cool

You have a horrible sense of Indian history.

These "dark ages" you are referring to was the golden age of India before the Mughals, especially for places like Vijayanagara, and after the Mughals came, they revolutionized life in Northern India.

And Spain was thrice as strong as Britain was for a long time. It's just a coincidence that Britain's golden age came at the end of Spain's golden age. (Which ended with Spain being bankrupt as fuck, losing their colonies and having inbred mentally disabled kings)

'orrible bastard wrote:
    ILCaesar wrote:How was I wrong? Laughing

you was wrong about England being lucky with regards to its geography! how was our geographical location helpful when colonising..............everywhere?

Spain, Portugal & France were all marginally closer to our African, Asian & Australasian colonies. but still a long fucking way from them. i fail to see how being 12,000 miles from New Zealand was helpful in it's colonisation!

we really had a jump on the Spanish when claiming Gibraltar. we are obviously much closer to the rock than Spain.

the Colonial powers were not powerful through luck. they gained territory through being intrepid, prepared and ruthless. luck has nothing to do with it!

Regarding the geography...

England had the currents to their advantage. They could get to North America very quickly in comparison to Spain and Portugal. (Which also had the current to their advantage, although that led them to the Caribbean and Northern South America, not North America)

NGreat wrote:Also don't forget the Falklands. We wern't exactly lucky geographicaly there Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D  - Page 5 232912.

More of a case of noone else being bothered enough to claim it. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:40 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:Poland being the other one. Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D  - Page 5 279869

What does it matter......Polish prosperity is English poverty Wink

Not really, your poor are much poorer than our poor. (Your immigrants)

Plus it's not like our living standards are any different from yours, they are the exact same, only the cost of living is cheaper in Poland.

And wages are rising anyway. bounce
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:53 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:These "dark ages" you are referring to was the golden age of India before the Mughals, especially for places like Vijayanagara, and after the Mughals came, they revolutionized life in Northern India.

Not as golden. in 50-100 years time they might have a golden age, and it'll be down to us.

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    And Spain was thrice as strong as Britain was for a long time. It's just a coincidence that Britain's golden age came at the end of Spain's golden age. (Which ended with Spain being bankrupt as fuck, losing their colonies and having inbred mentally disabled kings)

Other than the Spanish Armada/similar battles in that period ...which in whole was a stalemate....not many other battles to prove that. After that it's just been us over them..... and before then Spain was mostly torn apart, generally England and France were the main players going back to post Holy Roman Empire.

But does it really matter Laughing I'm not really that bothered, it's nice to have pride in your country but what happened in the past isn't going to change anything today.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 3:37 am