Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
mac
Danny
Simonc89
blackskar
Cadbury
El Jefe
Lux
Uncle John from Jamaica
Mal
Pippo
luke.
ILCaesar
Jordi
Kuled
dena
Walcott
Sean
coolhead33
Bushido
Mario
ram_cr7
25 posters

Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D

Anonymous

Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D  - Page 7 Empty Re: Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D

Post by Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:21 am

Your Californian though.

I'm sure the lifestyle is as distant between California and Toronto as it is from California to New York.

Likewise, I am sure the lifestyle is much more similar between Toronto and New York than it is between Toronto and BC.

The attitude and Political views has more to do with the fact we are a separate country, and have a separate mentality compared to the States.
    mac
    mac

Supports : Liverpool

Post by mac Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:28 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Your Californian though.

I'm sure the lifestyle is as distant between California and Toronto as it is from California to New York.

Likewise, I am sure the lifestyle is much more similar between Toronto and New York than it is between Toronto and BC.

The attitude and Political views has more to do with the fact we are a separate country, and have a separate mentality compared to the States.

Like I said, I do agree border states share similarities. And the lifestyle is definitely more similar between Toronto and New York than let's say Los Angeles and New York but as a whole, I feel there a fair amount of differences. I've been to most of the Canadian provinces and to about 20 U.S. States, and I always feel this general Canadian lifestyle or attitude and same for the U.S. But I would say that the U.S. is closer to Canada than any other country on the planet in terms of culture.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:35 pm

Meh, I've travelled around Austria, Switzerland and Germany in a week and I couldn't really see the difference, they're all the same.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:39 pm

Your not German though.

A German would easily tell them apart. A German could easily tell apart a Bavarian, Saxon, a Rhinelander, and a Westphalian easily.

Their languages for god sakes are actually different dialects, rather than accents. (Unlike English)
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:51 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Your not German though.

A German would easily tell them apart. A German could easily tell apart a Bavarian, Saxon, a Rhinelander, and a Westphalian easily.

Their languages for god sakes are actually different dialects, rather than accents. (Unlike English)

You do know that around Britain there are different dialects........of course I can tell that...I can tell the difference between someone from where I live (north west London) and someone from east london...and then west of London (Reading) sounds different too....yet alone all the other parts Laughing.

But ye......Canada as a whole is quite diverse.....maybe the cities near New York etc are similar but generally not really.

Is there even that much difference between the US and the UK? For someone like me in London....I don't think so. Leaving the accent aside I could go and live in America and live exactly the same way and be fine.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:02 pm

Those are accents though, the Germans have different languages practically. Today they use the dialect(I think it's Saxon, but I can be corrected) they spoke in Brandenburg(the German state that went on to unify Germany) as the "Standard German Language".

In reality, German is split and is much more different between areas than it is in England. Atleast that's how I understand of it.

Anyway, yah the lifestyle in Toronto/NewYork/Chicago shouldn't be difficult for someone from London to adapt to, I wouldn't think so. The rest of the US is a different story though.

But the people would certainly be different, different culture, mentalities and all that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:25 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:Is there even that much difference between the US and the UK? For someone like me in London....I don't think so. Leaving the accent aside I could go and live in America and live exactly the same way and be fine.

Emma Watson thought so too, but in a recent interview she said that wasn't the case.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:32 pm

'orrible bastard wrote:the OP is still a cunt though.
    Why, because he likes a team in football? Your behaviour has been pretty disgusting in this thread IMO. Fair enough you don't agree with gloryhunting but the way you are acting is just as much a problem for football as gloryhunting is.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:54 pm

I'm not a glory hunter, but I am a hunter of glory holes. eek
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:16 am

Rei wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:Is there even that much difference between the US and the UK? For someone like me in London....I don't think so. Leaving the accent aside I could go and live in America and live exactly the same way and be fine.

Emma Watson thought so too, but in a recent interview she said that wasn't the case.

Well it depends where you go really. I'd say the North East is very similar, and then it starts to fade as the south is pretty different, and California/Florida have a different climate so that makes a difference too.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:37 am

There isn't much practical difference. However, if you wanna live in Appalachia, you better be prepared to do some prayin.'

And you better pray good

Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D  - Page 7 10794088_gal

It would also probably be beneficial if you learn how to squeal like a pig.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:56 am

My next door neighbor!
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:59 am

menalawyerguy wrote:There isn't much practical difference. However, if you wanna live in Appalachia, you better be prepared to do some prayin.'

And you better pray good

Yeah I'm not so keen on the idea of moving to that area lol.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:15 am

menalawyerguy wrote:There isn't much practical difference. However, if you wanna live in Appalachia, you better be prepared to do some prayin.'

And you better pray good

What's that from?
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:33 am

Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D  - Page 7 220px-Deliverance
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:28 am

Simonc89 wrote:
    Danny B wrote:A lot of Scots want to "split" from the UK anyway... Neutral

Who's stopping them?

all the Scots who dont wanna devolve. alot of Scots are educated enough to realise the benefits of being part of the UK. although if Scotland was independant they would be eligable for far more subsidies from the EU! but where the fuck is the EU headed?

if the EU was the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and other established economies it would be fine. but so much of our money gets spent on bringing the others upto speed! its great for those countrys. the likes Ireland, Portugal, Estonia, Poland and even tiny Malta have/will benefit greatly.

i love how this thread has nothing to do with the original post.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:56 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Rei wrote:

Well it depends where you go really. I'd say the North East is very similar, and then it starts to fade as the south is pretty different, and California/Florida have a different climate so that makes a difference too.

new york & London are very similar! the biggest diffence is the skyline! probably why i like NYC so much. oobviously with England being so small even when you do get out in the sticks its not dramatically different although there are some undeniable differences. those of us who claim to hate northerners/southerners/midlanders/Londoners generally have spent little to zero time in those places. in the states, the diversity of americans in differnt cities is unreal, but to be expected in a country the size of western europe. new yorkers are as differnt from houstonions as Londoners are from Marseillians (or Marsians). i have spent alot of time in Louisiana and as nice as the people are, they are far more bigoted than any other people i have ever met except maybe white south africans. and their attitudes and ignorence of other cultures does sometimes become irritating!

The average Californian is far more liberal but still retains a very differnt personality to there liberal east coast cousins. i found vancouver to be very angolfied (and very chinese) and loved it. to be fair across the border in Seattle the people were real similar but Seattle is the second most boring city i have ever been to! behind Parnu in Estonia which is rubbish - the bars closed at 5pm on a Saturday afternoon!!!!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:12 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    Simonc89 wrote:

Who's stopping them?

all the Scots who dont wanna devolve. alot of Scots are educated enough to realise the benefits of being part of the UK. although if Scotland was independant they would be eligable for far more subsidies from the EU! but where the fuck is the EU headed?

if the EU was the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and other established economies it would be fine. but so much of our money gets spent on bringing the others upto speed! its great for those countrys. the likes Ireland, Portugal, Estonia, Poland and even tiny Malta have/will benefit greatly.

Meh, the likes of Portugal, Poland bring much to the EU as well. I don't know wtf Portugal is doing, but it won't be too long before Poland starts giving more to the EU economically wise than it takes. IIRC Czech Republic and Cyprus already give more than they take.

I do agree that expansion should cease after Iceland and Croatia. (and perhaps Serbia and Montenegro near the end of this decade)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:18 am

coolhead33 wrote:You should support your local club (born or live) end of.

The only time when this doesn't matter is when you have gone to many games with someone else you're related to.

I was born in Chelsea (no joke) so if I was to support them will I be a goly hunter? but im a Arsenal fan so Chelsea can do one. Razz
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:43 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    Simonc89 wrote:

Who's stopping them?

Meh, the likes of Portugal, Poland bring much to the EU as well. I don't know wtf Portugal is doing, but it won't be too long before Poland starts giving more to the EU economically wise than it takes. IIRC Czech Republic and Cyprus already give more than they take.

I do agree that expansion should cease after Iceland and Croatia. (and perhaps Serbia and Montenegro near the end of this decade)

bollocks. Polands manufacturing sector will comprise of companies moving production from France, Italy, Spain, Germany & the UK. Cadbury's & Twinings Tea - two huge employers in the UK are moving production to Poland to maximise profits. The Poles are not bringing anything new to the EU, they are just under-cutting everyone else to attract FOREIGN investment! the likes of Poland, Czech Rep. and Slovakia are nothing without the support of the big players!

Western Europe never needed anything from behind the iron curtain until shareholders from big corporations started to manipulate the market by sending production to and sourcing from developing countries. Poland has no natural resources that we couldn't already source elsewhere! the continued subsidisation of these countries will not result in more jobs across Europe. it will only displace them! The growth of these developing countries with handouts whether they be repayable or not can only have a negative impact on the economies of western Europe.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:46 am

ayvee1 wrote:
    Why, because he likes a team in football? Your behaviour has been pretty disgusting in this thread IMO. Fair enough you don't agree with gloryhunting but the way you are acting is just as much a problem for football as gloryhunting is.

awwww. big boy gonna cry? shut the fuck up ya gadgy bastard.

how am i fucking acting? and how is it a problem for football?
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:57 am

The trouble with Scotland is that it's full of Scots.

Lets talk Glory Hunting. :D  - Page 7 150full
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:37 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    Simonc89 wrote:

Who's stopping them?

bollocks. Polands manufacturing sector will comprise of companies moving production from France, Italy, Spain, Germany & the UK. Cadbury's & Twinings Tea - two huge employers in the UK are moving production to Poland to maximise profits. The Poles are not bringing anything new to the EU, they are just under-cutting everyone else to attract FOREIGN investment! the likes of Poland, Czech Rep. and Slovakia are nothing without the support of the big players!

Western Europe never needed anything from behind the iron curtain until shareholders from big corporations started to manipulate the market by sending production to and sourcing from developing countries. Poland has no natural resources that we couldn't already source elsewhere! the continued subsidisation of these countries will not result in more jobs across Europe. it will only displace them! The growth of these developing countries with handouts whether they be repayable or not can only have a negative impact on the economies of western Europe.

Pfft. Like if Poland wasn't part of the EU, companies still wouldn't move production to other countries. Rolling Eyes

Poland's manufacturing sector comprises of Polish companies and only a few foreign. You make it sound as if we are fucking China.

About expansion into the Iron Curtain, the economic value of doing so wasn't the reason for said expansion.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:11 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    ayvee1 wrote:

Christ, how old are you? I hope for your sake it's not over 15.

How are you acting? Like a complete pillock. Why are you calling the OP a cunt just because he wants to support a team from a different country? Why don't you get on with supporting your own team and stop acting like the tough guy you wish you were.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:27 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    Simonc89 wrote:

Who's stopping them?

Pfft. Like if Poland wasn't part of the EU, companies still wouldn't move production to other countries. Rolling Eyes

Poland's manufacturing sector comprises of Polish companies and only a few foreign. You make it sound as if we are fucking China.

About expansion into the Iron Curtain, the economic value of doing so wasn't the reason for said expansion.

pretty soon every pole in England will have to return home to work for the same companies they work for in the UK. What are Poland big producers of? it has minerals but not to the degree Brazil or China have them! (not even when comparatively speaking). it is not a particularly mineral rich nation.

How many British or German companies were trading out of eastern europe before they all joined the EU? i cant speak for the Germans but i cant think of any British firms doing it! and Poland joining the EU has made it much easier for European investment. dont kid yourself that Poland would be making the same inroads without handouts. they take our money and then offer it to our companies in the form of tax cuts to move abroad! i dont blame them for doing it but i dont think it should have been made possible.

its unethical. its akin to a baker paying his taxes in the UK only for my government to give his taxes to the polish government who then say "hey mr baker man, come make cakes over here for 20 years tax free" on the condition that he leaves all his staff out in the cold in England and employ a bunch of polish bakers for a fraction of the cost! its counter productive for the masses and ultimately only benefits the fat cats who make even bigger profits! it may help one nation prosper but leaves another teetering on poverty! its not better for Europe as a whole. it just means different people are earning the money. Poland in time may well be putting more money into the EU than it takes out. but i'll guarantee the nations that made it possible will be putting in less. its not good for my country.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:36 am

ayvee1 wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    ayvee1 wrote:

Christ, how old are you? I hope for your sake it's not over 15.

How are you acting? Like a complete pillock. Why are you calling the OP a cunt just because he wants to support a team from a different country? Why don't you get on with supporting your own team and stop acting like the tough guy you wish you were.

wind your neck in. i'll call whoever i want a cunt, you cunt.

you're very sensitive aren't you? are you an internet angel rushing to the aid of people insulted on the web? why don't you let him fight his own battles and dont get yourself involved in a slanging match which has nothing to do with you? tough guy.

im old enough to not list my age on the internet. are you twenty? or twenty and a half?

now fuck off, cunt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:45 am

Oh dear.. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:46 am

I remember my first drink.. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:02 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    Simonc89 wrote:

Who's stopping them?

pretty soon every pole in England will have to return home to work for the same companies they work for in the UK. What are Poland big producers of? it has minerals but not to the degree Brazil or China have them! (not even when comparatively speaking). it is not a particularly mineral rich nation.

How many British or German companies were trading out of eastern europe before they all joined the EU? i cant speak for the Germans but i cant think of any British firms doing it! and Poland joining the EU has made it much easier for European investment. dont kid yourself that Poland would be making the same inroads without handouts. they take our money and then offer it to our companies in the form of tax cuts to move abroad! i dont blame them for doing it but i dont think it should have been made possible.

its unethical. its akin to a baker paying his taxes in the UK only for my government to give his taxes to the polish government who then say "hey mr baker man, come make cakes over here for 20 years tax free" on the condition that he leaves all his staff out in the cold in England and employ a bunch of polish bakers for a fraction of the cost! its counter productive for the masses and ultimately only benefits the fat cats who make even bigger profits! it may help one nation prosper but leaves another teetering on poverty! its not better for Europe as a whole. it just means different people are earning the money. Poland in time may well be putting more money into the EU than it takes out. but i'll guarantee the nations that made it possible will be putting in less. its not good for my country.

They'll return home, because wages are higher, not because companies will be employing there.

Poland exports more /per dollar than it imports at the moment. Our biggest exports IIRC are engines for aircrafts, industrial and electrical machinery and parts, Zinc and other metals/minerals, and stuff like Rubber. Those are what I can name off the top of my head, I'm sure there is much more.

Poland is a fairly rich mineral nation for European standards. The most important part of the country(Silesia) is one of, if not the biggest producers of Coal and Iron in Europe.

Obviously the EU made things much easier for foreign companies, but Poland's policies pre-EU were very favorable for foreign countries to invest in the first place. It would've happened with or without the help of the EU. The EU only accelerated things.

Why would Britain be putting in less as you put it? If the British have any brains at all, they would have moved to a Knowledge based economy and workforce by then.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:58 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    Simonc89 wrote:

Who's stopping them?

They'll return home, because wages are higher, not because companies will be employing there.

Poland exports more /per dollar than it imports at the moment. Our biggest exports IIRC are engines for aircrafts, industrial and electrical machinery and parts, Zinc and other metals/minerals, and stuff like Rubber. Those are what I can name off the top of my head, I'm sure there is much more.

Poland is a fairly rich mineral nation for European standards. The most important part of the country(Silesia) is one of, if not the biggest producers of Coal and Iron in Europe.

Obviously the EU made things much easier for foreign companies, but Poland's policies pre-EU were very favorable for foreign countries to invest in the first place. It would've happened with or without the help of the EU. The EU only accelerated things.

Why would Britain be putting in less as you put it? If the British have any brains at all, they would have moved to a Knowledge based economy and workforce by then.

our economy is very diverse in the UK, we can not support every social class without diversity in careers. if we moved primarily to a "knowledge based economy" then that would only cater for a portion of our population. the labour governmment over the last 15 years have created a social under-class! people who dont have the means or oppotunity to be educated to a standard capable of benefiting a "knowledge based economy". and gone will be the jobs for the lower classes to be able to help themselves and their children. we need jobs and plenty of them that anyone can do. so that they can contribute to society too.

for the record i quite enjoy arguing with you polska. even though i think you're wrong you do seem to respond in a measured articulate fashion. and while i'll concede that some of what you say is correct - it dosn't make me wrong. there are two sides to every coin.

Poland may well have attracted foreign investors without the EU. but without British involvement in the EU we would at least not be hammering the nails into our own coffin.

Last edited by 'orrible bastard on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 12:26 am