Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Carlos Jenkinson
Harrold
Clark
ConorCelticFC
Drake
Jord
crump
ayvee1
SBSP
El Jefe
Uncle John from Jamaica
Sean
arsenalap11
Start.
Childish Logic
Jordan Henderchip
Danny
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
ShakerMatty
Forest
Jordi
Ham.
Andy
Cam
28 posters

Exam results discussion thread.

SBSP
    SBSP

Exam results discussion thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: Exam results discussion thread.

Post by SBSP Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:41 am

Pico wrote:
    Cam wrote:Link me. shifty

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2012/may/21/university-league-table-2013

The Times do the 'Good University Guide' as well but you have to pay to use their site so fuck them.
    My dad's uni is 14th on that list. shifty Though that was 20-25 years ago.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Exam results discussion thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: Exam results discussion thread.

Post by Cam Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 am

Bogdan wrote:I'm not kidding, there's like barely any openings for historians these days. I used to entertain the idea since I found learning about history entertaining, but I find it more important being able to make money and live than enjoy my job immensely. Plus I'm sure there's some boring aspects of being a historian.

I know, but it's not just history, it's good for learning how to argue a point well, most of history is arguing a certain point of view or whatever, so it can lead to stuff like law or journalism or whatever ( I know I have hardly any chance of getting into those jobs)

But yeah, I basically have a choice between English or History, and I dunno if like English enough to do it.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:16 am

You're doing AS though now arent you Cam?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:17 am

Cam wrote:
    Bogdan wrote:I'm not kidding, there's like barely any openings for historians these days. I used to entertain the idea since I found learning about history entertaining, but I find it more important being able to make money and live than enjoy my job immensely. Plus I'm sure there's some boring aspects of being a historian.

I know, but it's not just history, it's good for learning how to argue a point well, most of history is arguing a certain point of view or whatever, so it can lead to stuff like law or journalism or whatever ( I know I have hardly any chance of getting into those jobs)

But yeah, I basically have a choice between English or History, and I dunno if like English enough to do it.

Exam results discussion thread. - Page 4 5236

We could even compare notes and stuff!
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:30 am

Ted wrote:You're doing AS though now arent you Cam?

I know, but I've practically made up my mind

I would, Witcher, but this past year has really killed English for me, with all the crappy feminism books. It's arguably my best subject but my enthusiasm has died
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:37 am

I was completely stagnant in AS English lit, took a while to adjust to the shit books and shit guidelines. Got a D. Gets better.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:39 am

Cam wrote:
    Ted wrote:You're doing AS though now arent you Cam?

I know, but I've practically made up my mind

I would, Witcher, but this past year has really killed English for me, with all the crappy feminism books. It's arguably my best subject but my enthusiasm has died

But it will be different stuff, you should join us

Exam results discussion thread. - Page 4 3773717_o
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:43 am

But, the summer reading was 'The Handmaid's Tale' Crying or Very sad Read a synopsis, dammit!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:46 am

Cam wrote:

Even the ones who do journalism degrees have little/no chance of getting journalism jobs. Although I heard that one guy I went to uni with now works for The Sun shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:48 am

Pico wrote:
    Cam wrote:

Even the ones who do journalism degrees have little/no chance of getting journalism jobs. Although I heard that one guy I went to uni with now works for The Sun shifty
    That's really nice of you. I think you should stop.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:51 am

Crying or Very sad

We're also doing the tempest and hamlet, and I love Shakespeare so that aspect should be okay.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:53 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Pico wrote:

My real name is Reality. The sooner you hear from me, the better.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:57 am

Pico wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:

You're just reiterating what I've already heard so many times. It's become tiresome. I get it, I'm fighting a losing battle but I couldn't give that much of a fuck as of now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Pico wrote:

You're just reiterating what I've already heard so many times. It's become tiresome. I get it, I'm fighting a losing battle but I couldn't give that much of a fuck as of now.

It's nothing personal shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:03 pm

I know, that's just how the world is. sobbing

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:09 pm

It's better to know this before you spend thousands of pounds on a life choice that may not necessarily be the right one shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:14 pm

I'm an optimist when I take interest in something, so I will nurture hope. Shame about the money.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:18 pm

This is a good point. If something truly interests you, go for it. I just think with most people they've been put on a conveyor belt since GCSEs. You get your GCSEs, you get your A levels, then you go to Uni. If not, you go and learn how to unblock toilets or paint people's toenails for a living. And with all the mickey mouse choices that are available nowadays, people seem to have no core interest/drive/focus career-wise and they're lacking basic English/maths skills because they weren't required to do them properly at school.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Good luck everyone!
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Eternal Witcher wrote:I'm an optimist when I take interest in something, so I will nurture hope. Shame about the money.

have fun being a teacher.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:26 pm

20 years ago, University was for driven, career-minded individuals. Nowadays, uni is 'the thing' for everyone to do after school. A large percentage of students these days go to university without knowing what they want to do for a career. I personally didn't go to university when I left school, and after a few years, I'm now back in higher education after time to think about things.

Uni is great if you know what you want to do though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Childish Logic wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:I'm an optimist when I take interest in something, so I will nurture hope. Shame about the money.

I'm not going to be one, whatever happens. Don't be smart with me.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Good luck everyone expecting results today, I hope you get what you need and want What a Face
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:45 pm

Overall I've got a C and 3 Ds for this year.

Going to resit a history paper and a sociology paper. What a Face
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:59 pm

ayvee1 wrote:20 years ago, University was for driven, career-minded individuals. Nowadays, uni is 'the thing' for everyone to do after school. A large percentage of students these days go to university without knowing what they want to do for a career. I personally didn't go to university when I left school, and after a few years, I'm now back in higher education after time to think about things.

Uni is great if you know what you want to do though.

Yeah i know a few people who got in and changed 3-4 times.

only 20k debt right?

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Childish Logic wrote:

I'm not going to be one, whatever happens. Don't be smart with me.

okay.
    can i get some fries as well?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:08 pm

lol got all C's
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Stop being a tit, I don't care.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:13 pm

A* A* A
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Ed wrote:A* A* A
    Dayum.

Wish I was that good. shifty
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:23 pm

srs Ed? shifty

Well done if so clap

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:29 pm