Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Carlos Jenkinson
Harrold
Clark
ConorCelticFC
Drake
Jord
crump
ayvee1
SBSP
El Jefe
Uncle John from Jamaica
Sean
arsenalap11
Start.
Childish Logic
Jordan Henderchip
Danny
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
ShakerMatty
Forest
Jordi
Ham.
Andy
Cam
28 posters

Exam results discussion thread.

Anonymous

Exam results discussion thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: Exam results discussion thread.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 am

Ted wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:And mine's 52nd, suck on that.

I feel nothing but happiness for you Smile
    Are you having a go at me again?
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Exam results discussion thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: Exam results discussion thread.

Post by Cam Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:39 am

Can someone explain to me what's the best thing, like out of:

BA

Single honours

Dual Honours

etc

I don't understand it. Dry Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:44 am

Don't they teach you all of this at school? Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:47 am

My college just sticks Uni down your throat, they make it seem like its compulsory. lool

My results are up from 6am tomorrow. silent
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:49 am

Pico wrote:Don't they teach you all of this at school? Neutral

They did, but I've forgotten
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:50 am

I wish I could just get it by letter.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:53 am

Danny wrote:My college just sticks Uni down your throat, they make it seem like its compulsory. lool

Mine did that too, there were only a couple of people in my form who weren't applying and my tutor always treated them like scum Laughing

Cam wrote:
    Pico wrote:Don't they teach you all of this at school? Neutral

In that case, aim low. Foundation degrees.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:56 am

Pico wrote:
    Danny wrote:My college just sticks Uni down your throat, they make it seem like its compulsory. lool

Mine did that too, there were only a couple of people in my form who weren't applying and my tutor always treated them like scum Laughing

Cam wrote:

In that case, aim low. Foundation degrees.

That's not very nice..
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:27 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Ted wrote:

I feel nothing but happiness for you Smile
    Are you having a go at me again?

What? No
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:41 am

I had to laugh on my results day at some of the states people were getting in, full on waterworks and the lot. Me and my mate just strolled in, got the results and fucked off back to play Fifa and get away from the chaos. Opened them in the way back to the car. Laughing

Results didn't bother us because we both had jobs to start in the September.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:47 am

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:I had to laugh on my results day at some of the states people were getting in, full on waterworks and the lot. Me and my mate just strolled in, got the results and fucked off back to play Fifa and get away from the chaos. Opened them in the way back to the car. Laughing

Results didn't bother us because we both had jobs to start in the September.

Its a pretty big deal though, maybe not for you but for those people crying its probably what they banked their whole future on.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:37 am

90% of people don't really give a shit about what they do at Uni though, their main reasons for going are to get an easy ticket away from home so they can get pissed every other night.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:38 am

Pico wrote:90% of people don't really give a shit about what they do at Uni though, their main reasons for going are to get an easy ticket away from home so they can get pissed every other night.

I guess it just depends on the people you know.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:39 am

That's a strong statement. I'm firmly situated in that minority then.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:41 am

Pico wrote:90% of people don't really give a shit about what they do at Uni though, their main reasons for going are to get an easy ticket away from home so they can get pissed every other night.

Hardly. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:45 am

Of course, there are exceptions to the rule. The percentage of those who don't give a fuck is likely to be less at places like Oxbridge, any of the Russell Group universities or an subject-specific uni/college/school. So, in a nutshell, people who are not retarded. This, however, is a very small number of people.

Everywhere else, I stand by the 90%.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:06 am

I'm confident I'll do well enough to get into a good Uni, will be happy as long as it's a decent one and there's plenty of moist sluts.

Just kidding, I'll take it seriously, one of my brother's mates dropped out of Manchester Uni twice.
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:02 am

For what I do mine is the 6th best in the country Exam results discussion thread. - Page 3 279869
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:06 am

I don't really know which the best ones for history are Dry Smile You can tell I haven't done much research :p
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:14 am

What's the best for Sports Psychology?
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:15 am

I've heard that Loughborough is the best for sports related stuff
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:48 am

That's in the East Midlands, how fucking boring.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:51 am

Cam wrote:I don't really know which the best ones for history are Dry Smile You can tell I haven't done much research :p
    Good luck getting a job in history.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:53 am

Bogdan wrote:
    Cam wrote:I don't really know which the best ones for history are Dry Smile You can tell I haven't done much research :p
    Good luck getting a job in history.

I've got a time machine
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:58 am

I'm not kidding, there's like barely any openings for historians these days. I used to entertain the idea since I found learning about history entertaining, but I find it more important being able to make money and live than enjoy my job immensely. Plus I'm sure there's some boring aspects of being a historian.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:13 am

Less than 9 hours away, time to get depressed.

Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:18 am

Bogdan wrote:I'm not kidding, there's like barely any openings for historians these days. I used to entertain the idea since I found learning about history entertaining, but I find it more important being able to make money and live than enjoy my job immensely. Plus I'm sure there's some boring aspects of being a historian.
    Just because you end up with a history degree doesn't mean you have to end up in a job related to history.

All I want tomorrow is enough to drop Business for next year. lool
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:23 am

The % of people who get a job that's directly in relation to their degree is also getting lower and lower these days.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:23 am

Im doing English, such a shit degree career wise.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:26 am

Whocaresman. Not like I could manage any other career type.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:24 pm