Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Carlos Jenkinson
Harrold
Clark
ConorCelticFC
Drake
Jord
crump
ayvee1
SBSP
El Jefe
Uncle John from Jamaica
Sean
arsenalap11
Start.
Childish Logic
Jordan Henderchip
Danny
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
ShakerMatty
Forest
Jordi
Ham.
Andy
Cam
28 posters

Exam results discussion thread.

Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Exam results discussion thread. - Page 8 Empty Re: Exam results discussion thread.

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:20 am

crump wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

1) Yes but the education is a lot different, I moved schools because I failed my first year, went to a different one and got a lot better and I'm on course to go to Uni in Amsterdam for English next year.

2) A lot require you to do this

3) A lot require B's in Maths + English and C's in the rest. A B in the subject you want to do is a necessity.

4) Not trying to knock it down at all, but as a future career you're better off getting into an apprenticeship now instead of staying at school for 1-2 further years when you can't get into uni with just one BTEC

Fair points.

With the BTEC it all depends on what you do with your life, I have no intentions of Uni because I'll be in the Army next year.

Good luck in Amsterdam, just English?

I know someone who went into the Marines, it's good pay when you come out actually. Thanks and yes hopefully a masters in it with Spanish + Greek as classes.

Greek and Spanish are easier because I already grew up in Greece and my Spanish is awful when trying to speak but I can understand
    crump
    crump

Exam results discussion thread. - Page 8 Empty Re: Exam results discussion thread.

Post by crump Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:21 am

Fonseca wrote:
    crump wrote:

Fair points.

With the BTEC it all depends on what you do with your life, I have no intentions of Uni because I'll be in the Army next year.

Good luck in Amsterdam, just English?

I know someone who went into the Marines, it's good pay when you come out actually. Thanks and yes hopefully a masters in it with Spanish + Greek as classes.

Greek and Spanish are easier because I already grew up in Greece and my Spanish is awful when trying to speak but I can understand

Ah, quite the linguistic type? Razz

They're impressive qualifications to have, what are you planning on being? A translator? Teacher?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:26 am

for my college as i had chose:

Maths
    Physics
    Geography
    Product Design

I had to get the 5 A*-C's and ontop of that get B in geography, Sciences, Electronics and Maths
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:47 am

crump wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

They're impressive qualifications to have, what are you planning on being? A translator? Teacher?

I wouldn't say so, right now I'm considering Sprinting or being an Actor. I doubt I'll go far in either, especially sprinting but I was the fastest in my London borough at one point. It's a good back up plan to have an English degree anyway
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:50 am

Fonseca wrote:
    crump wrote:

I wouldn't say so, right now I'm considering Sprinting or being an Actor. I doubt I'll go far in either, especially sprinting but I was the fastest in my London borough at one point. It's a good back up plan to have an English degree anyway

Woah awesome. Well whatever you do good luck Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:54 pm

4 C's
    5 B's
    2 A's
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Well done Bent!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Thanks got my college enrolment today, says on the letter it could take up to four hours Neutral

Taking English Lang and Lit which I got an A and a B in, Media which I got a A and a Merit in and Film Studies which I got a B in.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:11 pm

Laughing

So fucking boring that was, mine was 11-3, absolute shite.

Once you settle in it's awesome though Razz
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:54 am

College = IN
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:36 am

I demand that teaching the correct use of apostrophes be added to the curriculum. How kids can get more than one A grade without knowing such simple grammar these days is beyond me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:11 am

i beat you all

Exam results discussion thread. - Page 8 JHKfi
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:01 am

Pico wrote:I demand that teaching the correct use of apostrophes be added to the curriculum. How kids can get more than one A grade without knowing such simple grammar these days is beyond me.
    Commas as well.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:30 am

Pico wrote:I demand that teaching the correct use of apostrophes be added to the curriculum. How kids can get more than one A grade without knowing such simple grammar these days is beyond me.

Got an A* in English, dont even use proper grammar

Exam results discussion thread. - Page 8 Jack-Nicholson-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1658
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:34 am

Ted wrote:

Exam results discussion thread. - Page 8 Jack-Nicholson-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1658

You're Irish though.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:46 am

Ted wrote:

That gif

Too good
    Start.
    Start.

Supports : Chelsea FC.

Post by Start. Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:41 pm

I failed, not surprising.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:14 pm

3 A's 4 B's 3C's Smile
    Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:53 pm

Thank God I don't have to deal with this kind of bullshit.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:28 am

Exam results discussion thread. - Page 8 3bb068c6c53ee199e6173ed8288e9338

Look at all dem free periods.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:48 am

Wednesday and Friday. oh god why

Saturday. oh god why
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:55 am

You have to go to school on Saturday, fuck that right in the ass.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:00 am

Reg Pm means I just go to the Library to sign in, so it's a free period as well. shifty

Yeah, Friday is a shit day. Wednesday isn't that bad, I skip the meeting and I play football/skip that. so It's a relaxing afternoon.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:03 am

School on a saturday is fucking stupid.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:08 am

Indeed. I get longer holidays though
    Dan
    Dan

Post by Dan Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:44 am

9 periods. That's heavy man.

shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:31 pm

I got an A for English 101 and I'm fucking shocking grammatically.

My professor said my research paper on Lyndon B. Johnson and the C.I.A. assassinating John F. Kennedy blew him away though. che

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:23 pm