Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Carlos Jenkinson
Harrold
Clark
ConorCelticFC
Drake
Jord
crump
ayvee1
SBSP
El Jefe
Uncle John from Jamaica
Sean
arsenalap11
Start.
Childish Logic
Jordan Henderchip
Danny
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
ShakerMatty
Forest
Jordi
Ham.
Andy
Cam
28 posters

Exam results discussion thread.

Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Exam results discussion thread. - Page 7 Empty Re: Exam results discussion thread.

Post by Andy Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:07 am

Exam results discussion thread. - Page 7 Ebed17b2e32a
    Anonymous

Exam results discussion thread. - Page 7 Empty Re: Exam results discussion thread.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:32 pm

going in 15 mins

oh god why
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Good luck today guys.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:41 pm

First one to post all their results gives me 5k Exam results discussion thread. - Page 7 3925848005

Good luck everyone.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:28 pm

History - A
    Geography - A
    Business - A*

Not the full ones though, still got coursework etc which could easily bump up my A's to A*
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:31 pm

Jay wrote:History - A
    Geography - A
    Business - A*

Not the full ones though, still got coursework etc which could easily bump up my A's to A*

How the fuck you not finished all your exams? It's September next week Laughing

What about Maths etc?

Well done though, reminds me of my results apart from Geog. which I didn't do. Business is fucking easy though lool
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:55 pm

I've still got another year of compulsory education
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:01 pm

You're 15?

Suspect

I thought you were 16 Laughing
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Yeah starting Year 11 in September. I usually don't say because people might not show as much respect if they're like 21 and I'm 6 years younger as they would if I was older.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:18 pm

did well Very Happy

Maths - A*
    Eng. Lit. - A
    Eng. Lang. - A
    Geography - B
    German - A
    Electronics - A*
    Physics - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Biology - A
    ICT - Distinction
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Well done Ed!

Exceptional grades.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Meh...I wish I tried harder at GCSE's but ah well i'm happy with the A-levels i've got.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:46 pm

thanks crump Smile
    Andy

Post by Andy Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Mad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:24 pm

whats wrong Andy? Are you disappoint with your results? :/
    Andy

Post by Andy Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:28 pm

I am disappoint. Thought I would've done better. Hopefully I can still get in to College though shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Last edited by Anderson=Class on Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Well, what did you get Andy?

Well done Anderson.
    Andy

Post by Andy Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:42 pm

I got a C in English Lang, maths, extra maths (statistics) and a pass in ICT.

My result paper says I got a D in English language even though you needed a C in language to do Literature which I did. think

rest of my subjects I did shit in especially my U in science study
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Andy wrote:I got a C in English Lang, maths, extra maths (statistics) and a pass in ICT.

My result paper says I got a D in English language even though you needed a C in language to do Literature which I did. think

rest of my subjects I did shit in especially my U in science study

Hmmm, 4 GCSES.

Most college courses will take you on board, as long as you study what subject you failed, either English or Maths.

What you planning on doing?
    Andy

Post by Andy Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:52 pm

I passed English and Maths though, and they're the most important. shifty

And I'm doing IT Software in college.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:56 pm

BTEC?

Yeah you're fine.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:26 am

As long as they get you into the next stage GCSE's are irrelevant so don't worry about if.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:47 am

Andy wrote:I passed English and Maths though, and they're the most important. shifty

It's not enough to get into a decent College, you need a B in one of English or Maths otherwise you'll be asked to take one into College as your 4th A level. You've got a C in both so you'll be lucky if a College accepts you.

If you're just doing BTEC, which I don't see much point in doing then you might get lucky. You're better off finding an apprenticeship than doing a year of a BTEC
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:53 am

Here Fonesca, people just go to the local college, there's probably alot more choice in London I guess though
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:58 am

I don't understand? I go to a School not a College, that has a 6th form
    Andy

Post by Andy Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:02 am

My school doesn't have sixth form, we go straight into college after year 11.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:02 am

Fonseca wrote:
    Andy wrote:I passed English and Maths though, and they're the most important. shifty

It's not enough to get into a decent College, you need a B in one of English or Maths otherwise you'll be asked to take one into College as your 4th A level. You've got a C in both so you'll be lucky if a College accepts you.

If you're just doing BTEC, which I don't see much point in doing then you might get lucky. You're better off finding an apprenticeship than doing a year of a BTEC

1) You get the same qualifications no matter what college so if you're good enough this shouldn't be a problem.

2) I no know one who's had to do this.

3) Requirements for our college, and nationally I guess are 5 A*-C GCSEs including Maths and English.

4) I do a BTEC, what's wrong with them and they're even easier to get into, you can get in with 5 A*-Cs and one of Maths or English at a C or above and you have to take whichever one you failed if you did.

______

Not getting shitty that's just my views shifty
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:09 am

crump wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

1) You get the same qualifications no matter what college so if you're good enough this shouldn't be a problem.

3) Requirements for our college, and nationally I guess are 5 A*-C GCSEs including Maths and English.

4) I do a BTEC, what's wrong with them and they're even easier to get into, you can get in with 5 A*-Cs and one of Maths or English at a C or above and you have to take whichever one you failed if you did.

______

1) Yes but the education is a lot different, I moved schools because I failed my first year, went to a different one and got a lot better and I'm on course to go to Uni in Amsterdam for English next year.

2) A lot require you to do this

3) A lot require B's in Maths + English and C's in the rest. A B in the subject you want to do is a necessity.

4) Not trying to knock it down at all, but as a future career you're better off getting into an apprenticeship now instead of staying at school for 1-2 further years when you can't get into uni with just one BTEC
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:13 am

Fonseca wrote:
    crump wrote:

______

1) Yes but the education is a lot different, I moved schools because I failed my first year, went to a different one and got a lot better and I'm on course to go to Uni in Amsterdam for English next year.

2) A lot require you to do this

3) A lot require B's in Maths + English and C's in the rest. A B in the subject you want to do is a necessity.

4) Not trying to knock it down at all, but as a future career you're better off getting into an apprenticeship now instead of staying at school for 1-2 further years when you can't get into uni with just one BTEC

Fair points.

With the BTEC it all depends on what you do with your life, I have no intentions of Uni because I'll be in the Army next year.

Good luck in Amsterdam, just English?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:20 pm