Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Bebe_Fun
H-T-W14i
Barton
GK01
Scuba Steve
Childish Logic
chiboygeorge
Torresxvilla
Lux
Jord
Mal
Carlos Jenkinson
Royal
blackskar
SBSP
Grenade
Marvin
luke.
Danny
AriseForLife
Cadbury
Pippo
crump
27 posters

Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs

Poll

Best Leftback

[ 4 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_left7%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_left21%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_right [21%] 
    [ 13 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_left23%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_right [23%] 
    [ 15 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_left27%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_right [27%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_left0%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_left4%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_left11%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_left2%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_left5%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_left0%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 56
    Poll closed
    luke.
    luke.

Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs

Post by luke. Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:23 pm

Mal wrote:Ashley Cole this decade, 3 league titles, 5 FA cups, 2 champions league finals even though he lost both, one league cup and three community shields. Neutral He was also apart of the Arsenal Invincibles, maybe one of the best teams to grace the PL.

Ashley Cole is better all round than any full back this decade. Neutral

Only thing he's missing is some international luck Neutral

Oh well Sad
    Danny
    Danny

Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 Empty Re: Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs

Post by Danny Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Wasn't he named in the team if the 2002 WC?
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:30 pm

That was Euro 2004.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:31 pm

Well, it's some international achievment Laughing
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:22 pm

Come on, Maldini would make it into an ALL-TIME XI, Cole has only been the best in his position for around two years. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:29 pm

Maldini hasn't been under 30 in the last 10 years.

He has been playing for the team that stick a bunch of passed world class players together and pretend they are still world class, just because they are playing in a league where as a rule you are not aloud to make a tackle until the person has had the ball for 5 minutes.
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:29 pm

This decade, it has the be Cashley Cole.

Maldini was more of a CB...Carlos was amazing going forward, but I think I'm going to vote Cole though.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:37 pm

Ashley Cole? Laughing

Either Maldini or Roberto Carlos.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:42 pm

chiboygeorge wrote:Ashley Cole? Laughing

Cole has been brilliant every year of the last 10.

Carlos has been on a downward slope since 2006. Maldini hasn't been in his prime since 1998.

I don't see why those 2 are even compared, and i hate Cole.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:47 pm

The-Reporter wrote:

Carlos has been on a downward slope since 2006. Maldini hasn't been in his prime since 1998.

Roberto Carlos downhill? you just don't see him in Brazil man. Well, he's not as good but not downhill.

Also, the years R. Carlos and Maldini left behind in Europe will be bigger or is much bigger than what Cole has done so far.

Last edited by chiboygeorge on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Cole hadn't even broken into the Arsenal team in 2000. Laughing
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:49 pm

Carlos left a legacy on that LB position, Cole hasn't even reached that level.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:53 pm

chiboygeorge wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:

Roberto Carlos downhill? you just don't see him in Brazil man. Well, he's not as good but not downhill.

Also, the years R. Carlos/Maldinine will be and has been/is much bigger than what Cole can come up with so far.
    I speak no americano.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:54 pm

SBSP_FIFA wrote:Cole hadn't even broken into the Arsenal team in 2000. Laughing
    33 appearances says he did.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:55 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:

Also, the years R. Carlos/Maldinine will be and has been/is much bigger than what Cole can come up with so far.
    I speak no americano.
    Yea Sorry Laughing

I meant, the years R. Carlos and Maldini left behind in Europe will be bigger or is much bigger than what Cole has done so far.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:01 pm

chiboygeorge wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    chiboygeorge wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:

I speak no americano.
    Yea Sorry Laughing

I meant, the years R. Carlos and Maldini left behind in Europe will be bigger or is much bigger than what Cole has done so far.
    Laughing

I think Ashley Cole right now is a better fullback by 45 million miles than Maldini has ever been. Roberto Carlos was great, but hasn't performed to the level Cole has over the last 10 years.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:04 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    I think Ashley Cole right now is a better fullback by 45 million miles than Maldini has ever been. Roberto Carlos was great, but hasn't performed to the level Cole has over the last 10 years.
    rofl

Maybe going forward, but nowhere near at defending.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:19 pm

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    rofl

I've seen Cole keep Ronaldo and Messi quiet. Put either of them against Maldini he would be ripped apart.
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:21 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    rofl

I've seen Cole keep Ronaldo and Messi quiet. Put either of them against Maldini he would be ripped apart.

How can you know for sure? Maldini on his prime was one of the best defenders ever.

Ashley Cole though not worthy
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:21 pm

Yeah, maybe now when he's 45. Laughing
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:24 pm

If Maldini makes it, it'll pretty much be a Serie XI.

Buffon
    Cafu - Nesta - Cannavaro - Maldini

eek
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Torresxvilla wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    rofl

How can you know for sure? Maldini on his prime was one of the best defenders ever.

At CB.

Anyway we are talking the last decade, so what the fuck is Maldini doing even on the list.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Cannavaro in the XI

fail. but i voted maldini.
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:31 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    Torresxvilla wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    rofl

At CB.

Anyway we are talking the last decade, so what the fuck is Maldini doing even on the list.

I'm pretty sure Maldini was solid on the left also tbh.

He may not have been attacking like Cole, but he was definitely a good defender.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:34 pm

Torresxvilla wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Torresxvilla wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    rofl

At CB.

He may not have been attacking like Cole, but he was definitely a good defender.
    A LB who can attack and defend brilliantly > A LB who can defend brilliantly.
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:36 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    Torresxvilla wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Torresxvilla wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    rofl

At CB.

That's why I voted Cole. Surprised

Just saying that I don't think Cr7/Messi would've "ripped apart" Maldini.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:37 pm

A player who can be a brilliant RB, LB, and CB >>>> A LB.
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:40 pm

SBSP_FIFA wrote:A player who can be a brilliant RB, LB, and CB >>>> A LB.

But we're voting for the best left back. eek2

I agree that Maldini was the better player overall though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:22 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    Torresxvilla wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Torresxvilla wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 70955

Ashley Cole though Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 4 914411
    At CB.

*cough* Roberto Carlos *cough*
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:22 pm

SBSP_FIFA wrote:A player who can be a brilliant RB, LB, and CB >>>> A LB.

But he can't play all of them positions at once. Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:31 am