Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Bebe_Fun
H-T-W14i
Barton
GK01
Scuba Steve
Childish Logic
chiboygeorge
Torresxvilla
Lux
Jord
Mal
Carlos Jenkinson
Royal
blackskar
SBSP
Grenade
Marvin
luke.
Danny
AriseForLife
Cadbury
Pippo
crump
27 posters

Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs

Poll

Best Leftback

[ 4 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_left7%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_left21%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_right [21%] 
    [ 13 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_left23%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_right [23%] 
    [ 15 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_left27%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_right [27%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_left0%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_left4%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_left11%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_left2%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_left5%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_left0%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 56
    Poll closed
    crump
    crump

Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Empty Re: Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs

Post by crump Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:16 pm

Voting finishes in 12 hours. I might finish this one at 6:30pm, I'll see how the votes go.
    Mal
    Mal

Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 6 Empty Re: Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs

Post by Mal Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:19 pm

I say end it after the next vote on Cole or Maldini.
    H-T-W14i
    H-T-W14i

Post by H-T-W14i Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:24 pm

Where's Winterburn? Smile
    Bebe_Fun
    Bebe_Fun

Supports : Itchy Balls

Post by Bebe_Fun Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:24 pm

Where's Silvestre?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:29 am

I still cannot believe Cole is ahead of Maldini and Roberto Carlos.

If this place didn't have 98% of it's population English, than Roberto Carlos would've won this poll by miles.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:30 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:I still cannot believe Cole is ahead of Maldini and Roberto Carlos.

If this place didn't have 98% of it's population had no sense, than Roberto Carlos would've won this poll by miles.

Fixed it for you there.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:58 am

Can't we just end it here?

Maldini's in the lead shifty
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:59 am

Roberto Carlos not worthy
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:10 am

How is Ashley Cole on 11, lolololololololololololol.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:15 am

You do all know we're talking about this decade right? Carlos started to fizzle out at around 2005ish, Maldini went to CB at about 06-07, if not before, and Cole has been brilliant since 2003 at least..
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:17 am

luke. wrote:You do all know we're talking about this decade right? Carlos started to fizzle out at around 2005ish, Maldini went to CB at about 06-07, if not before, and Cole has been brilliant since 2003 at least..

Half a decade is still impressive to be fair to him.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:18 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    luke. wrote:You do all know we're talking about this decade right? Carlos started to fizzle out at around 2005ish, Maldini went to CB at about 06-07, if not before, and Cole has been brilliant since 2003 at least..

Yes it's impressive, but Cole has been doing his thing since 2003. 3/4 > 1/2.

And Cole > Carlos in the whole decade anyway. As an all round LB.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:43 am

Boaby Carlos.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:46 am

luke. wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

Yes it's impressive, but Cole has been doing his thing since 2003. 3/4 > 1/2.

And Cole > Carlos in the whole decade anyway. As an all round LB.

Ashley Cole has been impressive since 2001 when he started breaking in to the Arsenal first team. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:51 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:I still cannot believe Cole is ahead of Maldini and Roberto Carlos.

If this place didn't have 98% of it's population English, than Roberto Carlos would've won this poll by miles.

Shut up. Cole is currently the best left-back in the world and has been top quality this decade. If Cole was Brazilian, you'd have voted for him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:53 am

Probably not, because a better Brazilian was playing in that position at the time. Wink

Besides, to those saying Roberto Carlos isn't good anymore, even at 37, he is still doing a very good job in Brazil. Laughing
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:54 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Probably not, because a better Brazilian was playing in that position at the time. Wink

Besides, to those saying Roberto Carlos isn't good anymore, even at 37, he is still doing a very good job in Brazil. Laughing

Brazilian football would make Heskey look like Henry tbh -_-

Joking btw. for all you haters.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Probably not, because a better Brazilian was playing in that position at the time. Wink

Fine then, if he was Spanish, you'd have voted for him. Cole is the best left-back in the world, has been world class for years and been top quality since he broke into the Arsenal team. As good as Roberto Carlos was, he started fading around 2006, as did Maldini. Over the decade, Cole has been the best left-back and that is what the question asks.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 am

luke. wrote:

Brazilian football would make Heskey look like Henry tbh -_-

Joking btw. for all you haters.

-_-
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:57 am

Dan wrote:

Fine then, if he was Spanish, you'd have voted for him. Cole is the best left-back in the world, has been world class for years and been top quality since he broke into the Arsenal team. As good as Roberto Carlos was, he started fading around 2006, as did Maldini. Over the decade, Cole has been the best left-back and that is what the question asks.

Agreed, sadly. Sad
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:58 am

If you'd ask a forgeiner is Cole the best LB of last decade?
    They'd be like "who" it's mostly only the English that rate him that highly, if this was a forgeiner forum he would be lucky to have one vote, shows how biased some English people are.

Haters gonna hate.

Last edited by iPepe on Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:58 am

If he was Spanish, I probably still would've voted for Roberto Carlos.

Roberto Carlos changed the game and how wingbacks are used dramatically throughout the decade. Cole did not.

And @Luke, Brazilian League is top quality. Heskey wouldn't make it in the Brazilian Serie B. Neutral

Besides, Roberto Carlos was class in Turkey before moving to Brazil as well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:00 am

iPepe wrote:If you'd ask a forgeiner is Cole the best LB of last decade?
    They'd be like "who" it's mostly only the English that rate him if this was a forgeiner forum he would be lucky to have one vote, shows how biased some English people are.

Haters gonna hate.

Biased? I hate the guy. I'd much prefer to vote for Maldini or Roberto Carlos. But I'm not biased.

And if you 'foreigners' have never heard of Ashley Cole, then that's embarassing.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:00 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:If he was Spanish, I probably still would've voted for Roberto Carlos.

Roberto Carlos changed the game and how wingbacks are used dramatically throughout the decade. Cole did not.

And @Luke, Brazilian League is top quality. Heskey wouldn't make it in the Brazilian Serie B. Neutral

Disagree.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:00 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:If he was Spanish, I probably still would've voted for Roberto Carlos.

Did he? Because I'm pretty sure wingbacks and attacking fullbacks have been commonplace in the game for decades now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:01 am

They'd be like "who" it's mostly only the English that rate him that highly, if this was a forgeiner forum he would be lucky to have one vote, shows how biased some English people are.

Haters gonna hate.

Egzon is right kinda.

If you ask someone on the street who is Ashley Cole, and they are not an astute Football Fan (unlike us), they would go "Cole who?" but if they are asked of Maldini, Van Bronkhorst or Roberto Carlos, they would recognize the name immediately.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:01 am

I hate Ashley Cole as well, but he's obviously been the best Left Back over the "decade".
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:03 am

Haters gonna hate.

Biased rofl I hate him with a passion.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:03 am

Liebherr wrote:

Disagree.

He wouldn't, as Heskey can't score goals as we all know.

No club would want him. Laughing

Dan wrote:

Did he? Because I'm pretty sure wingbacks and attacking fullbacks have been commonplace in the game for decades now.

Of coarse they were, but I am talking about tactics regarding the fullbacks and the rest of the team in relation to the fullbacks.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:03 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:

Haters gonna hate.

Egzon is right kinda.

If you ask someone on the street who is Ashley Cole, and they are not an astute Football Fan (unlike us), they would go "Cole who?" but if they are asked of Maldini, Van Bronkhorst or Roberto Carlos, they would recognize the name immediately.

Sorry, but that's embarassing. He plays for one of the biggest clubs in world - who have fans in pretty much every country - as well as one of the biggest footballing nations in the world.

If you say the average football fan in Europe won't have heard of Ashley Cole, then I've really over-estimated how much you lot like football.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:29 am