Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
chiboygeorge
Scouser_Dave
Cameron.
Royal
El Jefe
Jord
AriseForLife
luke.
Cadbury
Kuled
crump
15 posters

Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders

Poll

Left Midfielder of the Decade

[ 5 ]
    Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_left15%Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_left3%Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_left9%Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_left24%Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_right [24%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_left18%Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_right [18%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_left12%Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_right [12%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_left3%Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_left0%Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_left15%Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_left0%Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 33
    Poll closed
    crump
    crump

Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Empty Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders

Post by crump Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:29 am

Well doneto Zidane, I didn’t bother adding up the second votes for him as he was alreadywinning by 8, here are the results:

Ballack
    Gerrard -12
    Kaka
    Xavi - 7
    Zidane - 20
    Lampard – 2
    Scholes - 9
    Iniesta - 1
    Keane - 6
    Rivaldo – 1

Our team isshaping up quite nicely now:

------------------------Buffon-------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    --Cafu-----Cannavarro-----------Nesta---------Carlos—
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    --Figo---------Zidane--------------Gerrard------

SUBS:
    Casillas
    Terry
    Cole
    Beckham
    Scholes

I’m going to scrap the reserves and just have substitutues,one player from each position.

Next up Left-Mids:

Left Midfield Nominees

Ryan Giggs
    11 Premier League Titles
    4 FA Cups
    4 League Cups
    8 FA Community Shields
    2 UEFA Champions Leagues
    UEFA Super Cup
    Intercontinental Cup
    FIFA Club World Cup
    Goal of the Season 1999
    OBE

Lionel Messi
    4 La Liga Titles
    Copa del Ray
    4 Supercopa de Espana Cups
    2 UEFA Champions League
    UEFA Super Cup
    FIFA Club World Cup
    Olympic Gold Medal
    2 FIFA Team of the Year Awards
    3 FIFPro World XI Awards
    4 Player of the Year Argentina Awards

Ronaldo
    3 Premier League Titles
    FA Cup
    2 League Cups
    FA Community Shield
    UEFA Champions League
    FIFA Club World Cup
    Ballon d’Or
    World Soccer Player of the Year
    3 FIFPro World XI Titles
    Bravo Award

Ronaldinho
    2 La Liga Titles
    2 Supercopa de Espana Cups
    UEFA Champions League
    Copa America
    FIFA World Cup 2002
    FIFA Confederations Cup
    3 FIFPro World XI Titles
    FIFA 100
    FIFA World Cup All Star Team 2002
    EFE Trophy

Pavel Nedved
    3 Serie A Titles
    4 Supercoppa Italiana
    UEFA Supercup
    Serie B Title
    UEFA Supercup
    FIFA 100
    Ballon d’Or
    3 UEFA Team of the Year Awards
    Golden Foot Award 2004
    2 Coppa Italia Cups

Other Nominees

Robert Pires
    Arjen Robben
    Franck Ribery
    Vicente
    Andres Iniesta

I couldn't think of anyone else so shoved in Iniesta.

Voting closes at 5pm tomorrow.
    Kuled

Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Empty Re: Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders

Post by Kuled Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:31 am

Dinho Heart
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders Empty Re: Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders

Post by Cadbury Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:35 am

Too obvious, reported.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:46 am

I went for Robben Heart
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:49 am

1. Nedved
    2. Vicente

Although I've always thought Vicente when healthy was easily the best LW on the planet, but he just couldn't stay healthy.

Last edited by AriseForLife on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:50 am

Ronaldinho needs to be somewhere in this list and this is the only position I can see him winning.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:51 am

I went for Messi, I know his career hasn't been as long as the others but he's just too good.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:14 am

Hard one.

Cross out Pires, as great as he was, I think there were better.

Cross out Ronaldo, he is shite.

Cross out Vicente, as great as he was in Betis, he wasn't the same in Valencia.

Cross out Ribery and Robben, not as great as the greats.

Cross out Giggs and Iniesta. Don't think they were as great as the greats either.

Messi is the SUB I would think. He is just that good to gain that title.

Than it's between Nedved and Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho is more tricks while Nedved was pure pure talent. Perhaps is the vote had an AMC option, Ronaldinho would get it, but for now, I vote Nedved.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Hard one.

Cross out Pires, as great as he was, I think there were better.

Cross out Ronaldo, he is shite.

Cross out Ribery and Robben, not as great as the greats.

Cross out Giggs and Iniesta. Don't think they were as great as the greats either.

Messi is the SUB I would think. He is just that good to gain that title.

Than it's between Nedved and Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho is more tricks while Nedved was pure pure talent. Perhaps is the vote had an AMC option, Ronaldinho would get it, but for now, I vote Nedved.

Proving your true footballing knowledge then red card
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:22 am

Ronaldo is good, but I don't like him, nor think he has done enough to be even considered among the best of this decade.

And note I said shite and not shit. Improve on your slang talk.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:25 am

Your telling me to learn my slang talk? Oh, and look, it's English slang too, which you 'HATE' Shite = shit. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shite

And if he hasn't done enough to be on the team of the decade.. then none of them have tbh.

Last edited by luke. on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:25 am

shite =/= shit Neutral

inb4 English slang is stupid and England is shit. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:27 am

Meh, In NA it's different. =\

Ronaldo was not dominant for most of the decade, unlike the others.

TBH I would vote Robben or Ribery over Ronaldo.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:29 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Meh, In NA it's different. =\

facepalm
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:30 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:

I think you are mixing Vicente up with Joaquin. Vicente has spent his entire career with Valencia for the most part. I think he played for Levante for 2 seasons but was a relative unknown.

Edit: Yup it was Levante because he has supported them since childhood.

Last edited by AriseForLife on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:32 am; edited 2 times in total
    Cameron.

Supports : Manchester United.

Post by Cameron. Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:30 am

luke. wrote:

facepalm

facepalmfacepalm
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:35 am

luke. wrote:

Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders 58503

In all honesty he is right. A decade is 10 years, Cristiano Ronaldo has only been going hard since 2006 when he finally hit his stride. Then again neither has Robben or Ribery for that matter.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:38 am

AriseForLife wrote:
    luke. wrote:

Real Footballs Team of the Decade: Left Midfielders 58503

In all honesty he is right. A decade is 10 years, Cristiano Ronaldo has only been going hard since 2006 when he finally hit his stride. Then again neither has Robben or Ribery for that matter.

Pretty stupid you bringing up this now.. we've been saying that players shouldn't be there because they hadn't been playing the full decade, like Maldini, Carlos etc. So don't even go there.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:41 am

I'm not going anywhere, I am simply posting a message. Don't look deeper into the post than needed.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:42 am

AriseForLife wrote:I'm not going anywhere, I am simply posting a message. Don't look deeper into the post than needed.

-_-
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:45 am

AriseForLife wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

I think you are mixing Vicente up with Joaquin. Vicente has spent his entire career with Valencia for the most part. I think he played for Levante for 2 seasons but was a relative unknown.

Oh right. Your recent discusioons regarding him must've confused me.

Well I don't remember Vicente all that much as I never really followed La Liga, so I don't really know how to rate him in comparison.

Anyway, I don't care about your opinions, and if you don't like my opinions, than fuck off. It's not like I am shoving my opinions down your throats.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:49 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    AriseForLife wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

Well I don't remember Vicente all that much as I never really followed La Liga, so I don't really know how to rate him in comparison.

Anyway, I don't care about your opinions, and if you don't like my opinions, than fuck off. It's not like I am shoving my opinions down your throats.

Wow, you really are a cunt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:57 am

And I have you on my ignore list for a reason.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:59 am

What makes you think I care? Get over yourself. The world doesn't revolve around you.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:59 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    AriseForLife wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

Understandable. I can see how that could happen.

It's too bad you haven't seen him much, he is a beast when he can stay healthy, but he is the most injury prone player on the planet by far. Back in 2008 or maybe it was 2007 he blamed the Valencia medical staff for his continuing medical issues and for a moment it was thought he would be sold because of the comments, but he's still there, still getting hurt. At least when he does play though he generally plays very well.

Dude calm down I am not saying anything about your opinions I am simply correcting you regarding one of my favorite players.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:01 am

Lool I was talking about other people, not you Arise.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:07 am

Ah, okay. My mistake.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:10 am

Nedved.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:59 am

Nedved Razz
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:01 am

Ronaldinho.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:14 am