Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Bebe_Fun
H-T-W14i
Barton
GK01
Scuba Steve
Childish Logic
chiboygeorge
Torresxvilla
Lux
Jord
Mal
Carlos Jenkinson
Royal
blackskar
SBSP
Grenade
Marvin
luke.
Danny
AriseForLife
Cadbury
Pippo
crump
27 posters

Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs

Poll

Best Leftback

[ 4 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_left7%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_left21%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_right [21%] 
    [ 13 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_left23%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_right [23%] 
    [ 15 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_left27%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_right [27%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_left0%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_left4%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_left11%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_left2%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_left5%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_left0%Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 56
    Poll closed
    blackskar
    blackskar

Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs

Post by blackskar Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:48 am

And that Cole is a money grabbing cunt Wink
    luke.
    luke.

Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs  - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Football's Team of the Decade: Left Backs

Post by luke. Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:49 am

blackskar wrote:And that Cole is a money grabbing cunt Wink

You got Gallas.. that was fair shifty
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:49 am

rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:01 am

luke. wrote:Cole shits all over 'em Neutral
    He does.

You've got to feel sorry for Ashley Cole though, overlooked so many times for the African Cup of Nations.

luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:02 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    He does.

You've got to feel sorry for Ashley Cole though, overlooked so many times for the African Cup of Nations.

red card
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:05 am

luke. wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    He does.

red card
    bitch fight
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:11 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    He does.

Made me chuckle at first but now it's dead to me Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:12 am

NGreat wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    He does.

Made me chuckle at first but now it's dead to me Neutral
    Put your phone away and stop texting it to people then.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:16 am

Why is Ashley Cole leading? Rolling Eyes sure he is probably the best LB in the world ATM, but he isn't that special (for a "best in the world") and his trophies are nothing more but trophies.

Likewise with Riise, except his lack of trophies means something.

Having those two on the list is questionable, and the fact they are leading is hilarious.

Other than that, It was a hard one. I crossed Maldini out since his better decade was the 90's. Likewise with Lizarazu.

Therefore it's between Van Bronkhorst and Roberto Carlos. I think Roberto Carlos edges it out, and so I go with him. Van Bronkhorst is the sub though.

Reserve position should go to either Maldini, Chivu or Cole.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:23 am

Carlos can fuck off Neutral
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:24 am

Carlos > Cole Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:30 am

No chance, Ashley Cole is the perfect left back.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:31 am

I can't believe Maldini is tied, can't believe no one here saw Maldini in his prime
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:33 am

Maldini couldn't even complete the decade. Mad
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:34 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Why is Ashley Cole leading? Rolling Eyes sure he is probably the best LB in the world ATM, but he isn't that special (for a "best in the world") and his trophies are nothing more but trophies.

Likewise with Riise, except his lack of trophies means something.

Having those two on the list is questionable, and the fact they are leading is hilarious.

Other than that, It was a hard one. I crossed Maldini out since his better decade was the 90's. Likewise with Lizarazu.

Therefore it's between Van Bronkhorst and Roberto Carlos. I think Roberto Carlos edges it out, and so I go with him. Van Bronkhorst is the sub though.

Reserve position should go to either Maldini, Chivu or Cole.

Ashley Cole has been by far the best LB over the past decade. Carlos was fucking shit at defending. And Van Bronckhorst is nowhere near Cole. Just because Cole is english that's why you don't want him to win. He's nothing special for the best LB in the world? Why, are you better then him? Of course he's special, he's being proclaimed at being the best in the world at something, how often do you hear that about yourself? It's questionable Cole being there? He has won 5 FA Cups, the only player in this CENTURY to do so. Go fuck yourself If you think Cole shouldn't be there, let alone win.

Rant over.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:36 am

Am I the only one who considers Maldini more of a centre back anyway? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:37 am

Danny B wrote:Am I the only one who considers Maldini more of a centre back anyway? Neutral

Yeah, what's the deal with that, where did the cunt actually play?

And when did he change his position, he was probably a left back in the 90's, and now we're putting him up for left back between 2000 and 2010. Rolling Eyes
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:37 am

Danny B wrote:Am I the only one who considers Maldini more of a centre back anyway? Neutral

Nope.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:40 am

kyro7 wrote:

Yeah, what's the deal with that, where did the cunt actually play?

And when did he change his position, he was probably a left back in the 90's, and now we're putting him up for left back between 2000 and 2010. Rolling Eyes
    For me, I always remember Maldini in the middle with Nesta and Jankulovski at full back :\
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:43 am

Chivu = Cole

Van Bronkhorst clearly yes. People in decades in the future will remember Van Bronkhorst, Roberto Carlos and Paolo Maldini, but none will remember Ashley Cole and especially Riise.
    ------
    @Luke,

Carlos made up for it in attack. His game is in part revolutionized the way fullbacks are used in the modern game. And he wasn't shit at defending, he was quite good.

Van Bronckhorst was your typical Left Backer. His defensive side was immense.

Cole being English has nothing to do with it. Cole being of lesser quality however does. Cole is world class yes, but he is nothing special in his World Class territory. Other World Class players are something special. If I were to give an example, the difference is between Frank Ribery and Cristiano Ronaldo. Both are world class players, but CR7 is "something special" in that group of world class players, while Ribery is not. If you get what I mean.

Luke, your obviously too young to see any player other than your precious Cole. I did say Cole is the best in the world ATM. Key word At the Moment. This is for the whole decade, and I can say withou doubt in my mind, having watched football regularly throughout this decade, that Maldini, Roberto Carlos and Van Bronkhorst at their peaks, have been better than Ashley Cole.

Besides, this is a team, not a player XI. Even if Cole was the best out of all these players, he is too well-rounded. I'd say depending on tactics, you'd want Roberto Carlos (especially seeing as the rest of the current defense is kind of slow) in an attacking formation, Van Bronkhorst in a more defensive formation, and Ashley Cole as reserve.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:44 am

Laughing

Like I said, you are 16, you are too young to remember Maldini.

Yes, Milan switched Maldini to play a centerback role at the end of his career as he started aging and wasn't capable of running up and down the wing anymore.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:45 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:

Laughing

Yes, Milan switched Maldini to play a centerback role at the end of his career as he started aging and wasn't capable of running up and down the wing anymore.

And when roughly did this happen?
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:46 am

Load of bullshit tbh. Pretty much killing your whole argument by having 2 players having 2 different jobs. Ashley Cole does both, at the same time, without fault.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:47 am

No, this is a player XI Neutral

People won't remember Cole? Fuck off, he's probably Englands best ever full back
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:48 am

Danny B wrote:No, this is a player XI Neutral

People won't remember Cole? Fuck off, he's probably Englands best ever full back

Yeah remember what academy he came through when you say that. Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:50 am

Eh?
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:52 am

England's most capped full-back too.

And don't forget your Mr. Special Ronaldo said Cole was the best defender he'd ever played against red card
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:53 am

I thought that was Servet Cetin? Neutral.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:53 am

kyro7 wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

Laughing

And when roughly did this happen?

I don't know, I only really started following Serie A when I arrived in Poland in 2007.

luke. wrote:Load of bullshit tbh. Pretty much killing your whole argument by having 2 players having 2 different jobs. Ashley Cole does both, at the same time, without fault.

Not at all, it's simple tactics. Ashley Cole is decent at both, but not amazing. Van Bronkhorst is amazing at defending, while Roberto Carlos is amazing in attacking.

Besides, the others in the side already aren't that quick. When you put things that way, I'd definitely have Roberto Carlos starting, and perhaps Cole ahead of Van Bronkhorst, but only because the rest of the defense is slow, and Van Bronkhorst will be adding to that.

Best ever English fullback? Laughing Maybe you don't remember Manchester United's very own best fullback in history, Roger Byrne?
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:54 am

And Ronaldo never had his best games up against Cole. There's a reason he'd spend a lot if time on the left/up front against Arsenal and then Chelsea

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:22 am