Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Mal
ricky//habana
Cadbury
fluffy_kittens
SussexByTheSea
Demba Ba
The Bat-Man
RubyArmyCTFC
Barton
Stranger
Zzonked
Laurencio
Drake
Grenade
LFC_Grunners
dena
ResurrectionRooney
VivaRonaldoLAD
22 posters

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally.

Poll

The right decision?

[ 26 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 4 Bar_left60%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 4 Bar_right [60%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 4 Bar_left19%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 4 Bar_right [19%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 4 Bar_left9%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 4 Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 4 Bar_left12%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 4 Bar_right [12%] 

Total Votes: 43
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 4 Empty Re: Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally.

Post by Lux Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:46 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:No it doesn't, genius, preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity isn't an offence, if it was then goalkeepers would be sent off every time they stop a shot on target. Preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity by committing a foul is an offence punishable by a red card, but accidental handball isn't a foul.

Der. Yet I'll go back to my original point then. I was stating my opinion on how the rule should be. This thread doesn't ask what the law is, it asks what you think it should be.
    Anonymous

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 4 Empty Re: Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:23 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    ViVaRooney wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:And given that it is specified in the thread title that the handball in this scenario was accidental, it cannot be deliberate, therefore it cannot be a foul.

the example given was the sunderland v newcastle match, that was a clear pen and a red. eventhough it was "accidental" the guy had his hand out and was blocking the goal

if you dont think that was a red and a pen i have no reason to talk to you again
    If it was accidental it isn't a foul, SIMPLE.
    no it is not simple, if you stand like this:

Neutral
    \ | /
    / \

but you are not looking at the ball ("not intentional) and the ball hits your arm.. THATS A FUCKING FOUL

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:23 am