Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Mal
ricky//habana
Cadbury
fluffy_kittens
SussexByTheSea
Demba Ba
The Bat-Man
RubyArmyCTFC
Barton
Stranger
Zzonked
Laurencio
Drake
Grenade
LFC_Grunners
dena
ResurrectionRooney
VivaRonaldoLAD
22 posters

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally.

Poll

The right decision?

[ 26 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 2 Bar_left60%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 2 Bar_right [60%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 2 Bar_left19%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 2 Bar_right [19%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 2 Bar_left9%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 2 Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 2 Bar_left12%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 2 Bar_right [12%] 

Total Votes: 43
    Anonymous

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 2 Empty Re: Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:11 am

How can you get a yellow? If you're stopping a goal and it's given as a foul, it has to be a red card, no two ways about it.
    Anonymous

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 2 Empty Re: Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:12 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Usually it isn't, it's usually only if a player tries to prevent a goalscoring chance of score a goal with it.
    Someone doesn't remember a certain Mr. Ronaldo getting a second yellow. Or a Mr. Scholes. Both for intentionally handballing it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:12 am

kyro7 wrote:How can you get a yellow? If you're stopping a goal and it's given as a foul, it has to be a red card, no two ways about it.

I agree. I only put that option up as perhaps some refs would see that is wasn't deliberate, and offer some mercy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:13 am

I think a better question would be

'Should you be punished for handball if you put your hands up to protect your face?'
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:14 am

James wrote:I think a better question would be

'Should you be punished for handball if you put your hands up to protect your face?'

That has nothing to do with this at all. It's still a good question though, feel free to make a thread.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:15 am

Intentional or not it's a foul, and a foul that clearly denies a goal scoring opportunity is a red card offence.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:15 am

I'm on a train so its tough to write out a well versed backing for my yellow/penalty claim but some members have said something similar to what I wouldve said so whatever. Neutral
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:17 am

If it's accidental then in the laws of the game (law 12) no penalty should be given.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:18 am

This is now my reaction to this thread.

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 2 20110306EPLLiverpoolManUtdPhilDowd1
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:21 am

I agree on RR that you can't give a penalty for something like that and not send him off, no exceptions although if the the situation was like this, corner comes in, attacker heads ball at goal, player standing on post stretches out his foot to intercept the ball, moving his hands farther away from his sides to maintain balance, the player doesn't get the ball, ball falls to another attacker who shoots it instantly, ball strikes defenders arm because he didn't have enough time to put it by his sides again, in hat situation, if I was the ref, I'd give no penalty and no card because the player couldn't do anything about it.

So either red card or penalty or no card and no penalty.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:22 am

If the ball is hit at full speed and a player, who is on the line with his hands by his side, has the ball hit him on his hand, then I would not give a penalty, as it is completely accidental.

If the player has his arm outstretched though, I don't see how it cannot be a penalty. Whether it is intentional or not, the player should realise, that by putting his hands out, he is at risk of handballing it.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:26 am

xPeterLFC95 wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Usually it isn't, it's usually only if a player tries to prevent a goalscoring chance of score a goal with it.
    Someone doesn't remember a certain Mr. Ronaldo getting a second yellow. Or a Mr. Scholes. Both for intentionally handballing it.
    The Ronaldo second yellow was a bad call, the Scholes one was the correct decision as he'd tried to score a goal with his hands - extremely unsporting behaviour. Again, I implore you do read the Laws.
    RobbieSavageIsA... wrote:Intentional or not it's a foul, and a foul that clearly denies a goal scoring opportunity is a red card offence.
    If it is not deliberate then it is not a foul.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:37 am

How many times have we seen the ref give a penalty for accidental handball, whether the player done it deliberately or not, if your hand is outstretched like that, 90% of refs would give penalties.
    SussexByTheSea
    SussexByTheSea

Supports : Brighton and Hove Albion

Post by SussexByTheSea Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:46 am

Who cares. You cant change it so there no point arguing.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:23 am

Zzonked wrote:This is now my reaction to this thread.

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 2 20110306EPLLiverpoolManUtdPhilDowd1

An incompetent fat fuck not doing his job properly?
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:23 am

penalty but no card imo. There's nothing Larson really could've done but he still blocked a clear goal with his hands.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:24 am

Kill the bastard
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:26 am

Read this you fucking bunch of spastics.

http://www.thefa.com/thefa/rulesandregulations/~/media/Files/PDF/Get%20into%20Football/Referees/LOTG201011.ashx/LOTG201011.pdf
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:27 am

When Suarez did this everyone gave him stick Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 2 894246
    ricky//habana
    ricky//habana

Supports : DFA79

Post by ricky//habana Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:07 am

xPeterLFC95 wrote:

A second yellow makes sense rather than show a yellow then a red card to the same player. You see players get sent off for two yellows when they would have had a straight red if they weren't on a card quite frequently.
    ricky//habana
    ricky//habana

Supports : DFA79

Post by ricky//habana Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:08 am

Cadbury wrote:When Suarez did this everyone gave him stick Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 2 894246

He got what he deserved so I don't see the problem. Everyone only gave stick because Gyan fucked up the pen.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:00 pm

TheMooseHunter wrote:http://www.eplmatches.com/2011/08/20/sunderland-vs-newcastle-highlights/

There's a video of the highlights which shows what happened. shifty

5 seconds in. shifty

Hide

I would not give a penalty or any booking to the defender for that.

In general, players who commit handballs can be booked. It depends on the situation. If they are denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity, it's a red card. If it's a deliberate handball, it's a yellow card. Some handballs are not bookable at all.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Ahly, non deliberate handballs are the ones that aren't punished at all. You can deliberately handball without being banned for it, so long as you're not seeking to gain an unfair advantage, that is set out by FIFA I believe. Deliberate handball is not a bookable offence in itself.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:13 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Ahly, non deliberate handballs are the ones that aren't punished at all. You can deliberately handball without being banned for it, so long as you're not seeking to gain an unfair advantage, that is set out by FIFA I believe. Deliberate handball is not a bookable offence in itself.

No, deliberate handball is not a bookable offense in itself, but it can fall under unsporting behavior. Handball is one of those purely subjective calls and I personally find it the hardest call to make for a referee.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:37 pm

No foul, play on.. i've seen Szczesny do it loads of times.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Chris wrote:No foul, play on.. i've seen Szczesny do it loads of times.

Laughing Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:02 pm

Red Card, Penalty.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Scott wrote:You're the only one who's voted no foul, play on. You stupid boy.

I watched it yesterday. I thought it should of played on too.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:20 pm

Red card, penalty.

On the line.....it doesn't matter whether it's on purpose or not.

I hate how people make decisions of whether it is a foul or not based on whether it was intentional or not.

Intentional or not, a foul is a foul.....in this situation you're preventing a goal and a red card is deserved.

If someone accidentally trips a player, it's still a foul. If they accidentally do a foul throw, the other team get the throw in.......
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:24 pm

Lux wrote:Red card, penalty.

On the line.....it doesn't matter whether it's on purpose or not.

I hate how people make decisions of whether it is a foul or not based on whether it was intentional or not.

Intentional or not, a foul is a foul.....in this situation you're preventing a goal and a red card is deserved.

If someone accidentally trips a player, it's still a foul. If they accidentally do a foul throw, the other team get the throw in.......

If a player makes a careless, reckless or dangerous action, and trips his opponent, it is a foul. It is however specified in the Laws of the Game that a handball must be intentional for a foul to occur. I hope this helps.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:21 am