Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Mal
ricky//habana
Cadbury
fluffy_kittens
SussexByTheSea
Demba Ba
The Bat-Man
RubyArmyCTFC
Barton
Stranger
Zzonked
Laurencio
Drake
Grenade
LFC_Grunners
dena
ResurrectionRooney
VivaRonaldoLAD
22 posters

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally.

Poll

The right decision?

[ 26 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 3 Bar_left60%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 3 Bar_right [60%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 3 Bar_left19%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 3 Bar_right [19%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 3 Bar_left9%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 3 Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 3 Bar_left12%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 3 Bar_right [12%] 

Total Votes: 43
    Mal
    Mal

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 3 Empty Re: Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally.

Post by Mal Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:26 pm

It was not Larsson's fault though. You have to use your arms to balance and the ball came from about 3 yards away.

If that was any where else on the pitch, everyone would be saying 'ball to hand'. I don't get why it's different because he's on the line, it wasn't intentional like Suarez at the World Cup.
    Anonymous

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. - Page 3 Empty Re: Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Since when does balancing involve putting your arms that high? To balance you put your hands out sideways, not upwards.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:32 pm

if it stopped a goal it is a clear red and a penalty

whether it was accidental or not doesnt matter. if your hand is out then its a foul, the sunderland one was a clear red and a pen

now if a player had his hands stuck to his body then its not a foul anywhere on the pitch so it wont be then. (unless he moves his body towards the ball and his hands hit it)
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Red card and a penalty for me. If the arm's not by your body, and that stops a goal from being scored, you're off for an early bath.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:37 pm

ViVaRooney wrote:if it stopped a goal it is a clear red and a penalty

whether it was accidental or not doesnt matter. if your hand is out then its a foul, the sunderland one was a clear red and a pen

now if a player had his hands stuck to his body then its not a foul anywhere on the pitch so it wont be then. (unless he moves his body towards the ball and his hands hit it)

Of course it fucking matters, you're a spastic.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:43 pm

James wrote:Since when does balancing involve putting your arms that high? To balance you put your hands out sideways, not upwards.

The way his body was leaning. It's physics, James.

Are you one of them people who thinks your arms shouldn't be raised when going for a header too?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:47 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:

learnt he rules

if your hand is sticking out then its a foul

it is only not given if the ball is hit close by AND your hands are not out or above your head

learn the rules please
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:47 pm

Has RR made a post recently where he HASN'T mentioned "the rules of the game"? Neutral
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:48 pm

Sorry but you can't deny a clear goal scoring chance like that and let him get away with it. I said at the time when I was watching it that it should at least been a penalty and a yellow card (Red would have been harsh), and nothing has changed my mind so far.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:49 pm

ViVaRooney wrote:

learnt he rules

it is only not given if the ball is hit close by AND your hands are not out or above your head

learn the rules please
    I have learnt the rules, handling the ball has to be intentional for it to be foul.
    Danny wrote:Has RR made a post recently where he HASN'T mentioned "the rules of the game"? Neutral
    This is a technical question about the laws of the game, they are quite relevant.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:49 pm

Marvin wrote:Sorry but you can't deny a clear goal scoring chance like that and let him get away with it. I said at the time when I was watching it that it should at least been a penalty and a yellow card (Red would have been harsh), and nothing has changed my mind so far.

What are you giving him a yellow card for?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:50 pm

ViVaRooney wrote:

learnt he rules

learn the rules please
    I have learnt the rules, handling the ball has to be intentional for it to be foul.

if your hands are out or above your head then it is intentional.. or why else are your arms out??

what do you define as not intentional?
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:52 pm

Marvin wrote:Sorry but you can't deny a clear goal scoring chance like that and let him get away with it. I said at the time when I was watching it that it should at least been a penalty and a yellow card (Red would have been harsh), and nothing has changed my mind so far.

Mainly because he should have got a yellow even before that incident anyway.

The officiating was awful during the whole game.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:54 pm

ViVaRooney wrote:
    ViVaRooney wrote:

learnt he rules

learn the rules please

if your hands are out or above your head then it is intentional.. or why else are your arms out??

what do you define as not intentional?
    For balance. If it is accidental, as the question asks, then it is not intentional. Simple.
    Marvin wrote:

What are you giving him a yellow card for in this specific instance?
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:01 am

Marvin wrote:

Unintentionally denying a goal. Probably sounds stupid, but that's how I would call it if I was the ref.

Normally I would say just a penalty and no card, but he got away with one beforehand.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:06 am

Marvin wrote:
    Marvin wrote:

Unintentionally denying a goal. Probably sounds stupid, but that's how I would call it if I was the ref.

Normally I would say just a penalty and no card, but he got away with one beforehand.

It is stupid, that's not a bookable offence.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:30 pm

If you are going to stop play for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity, it must be a red card. Basically there are only 2 possible outcomes from this situation: play on or red card and penalty.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Agreed with Ahly here, either play on or red and peno, you cant give a foul but not punish the player, because by giving the foul it means you thought the handball was deliberate.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:51 pm

And given that it is specified in the thread title that the handball in this scenario was accidental, it cannot be deliberate, therefore it cannot be a foul.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:52 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:And given that it is specified in the thread title that the handball in this scenario was accidental, it cannot be deliberate, therefore it cannot be a foul.

The rules say that, but refs seem to make up their own sometimes.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:07 pm

The Bat-Man wrote:I agree on RR that you can't give a penalty for something like that and not send him off, no exceptions although if the the situation was like this, corner comes in, attacker heads ball at goal, player standing on post stretches out his foot to intercept the ball, moving his hands farther away from his sides to maintain balance, the player doesn't get the ball, ball falls to another attacker who shoots it instantly, ball strikes defenders arm because he didn't have enough time to put it by his sides again, in hat situation, if I was the ref, I'd give no penalty and no card because the player couldn't do anything about it.

So either red card or penalty or no card and no penalty.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:04 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:And given that it is specified in the thread title that the handball in this scenario was accidental, it cannot be deliberate, therefore it cannot be a foul.

the example given was the sunderland v newcastle match, that was a clear pen and a red. eventhough it was "accidental" the guy had his hand out and was blocking the goal

if you dont think that was a red and a pen i have no reason to talk to you again
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:19 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:If a player makes a careless, reckless or dangerous action, and trips his opponent, it is a foul. It is however specified in the Laws of the Game that a handball must be intentional for a foul to occur. I hope this helps.

It doesn't help, because I already knew that.

My point still stands, and anyway that rule conflicts with the "preventing a goal scoring opportunity" rule.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:23 pm

ViVaRooney wrote:

the example given was the sunderland v newcastle match, that was a clear pen and a red. eventhough it was "accidental" the guy had his hand out and was blocking the goal

if you dont think that was a red and a pen i have no reason to talk to you again
    If it was accidental it isn't a foul, SIMPLE.
    Lux wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:If a player makes a careless, reckless or dangerous action, and trips his opponent, it is a foul. It is however specified in the Laws of the Game that a handball must be intentional for a foul to occur. I hope this helps.

It doesn't help, because I already knew that.

My point still stands, and anyway that rule conflicts with the "preventing a goal scoring opportunity" rule.
    No it doesn't, genius, preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity isn't an offence, if it was then goalkeepers would be sent off every time they stop a shot on target. Preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity by committing a foul is an offence punishable by a red card, but accidental handball isn't a foul.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:25 pm

It's not a foul if it's accidental? Whaaaat?

So if you misstime a challenge and end up snapping someone's leg in half, it's okay because you went to play the ball? Neutral
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:26 pm

He stopped a clear scoring chance. I don't give a fuck if it was accidental or not, Ball could of gone in but his hand got in the way.

therefore= penalty and no card because it was by accident.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:31 pm

Danny wrote:It's not a foul if it's accidental? Whaaaat?

So if you misstime a challenge and end up snapping someone's leg in half, it's okay because you went to play the ball? Neutral

Handball specifically isn't a foul if it's accidental. Mistiming a tackle and tripping someone is a foul. You know that thing I've been telling you to do? Go and fucking do it.

NZG wrote:He stopped a clear scoring chance. I don't give a fuck if it was accidental or not, Ball could of gone in but his hand got in the way.

So you'd give a penalty even with no foul? And you'd not send someone off for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity? You would be a crap referee.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Handball specifically isn't a foul if it's accidental. Mistiming a tackle and tripping someone is a foul. You know that thing I've been telling you to do? Go and fucking do it.

NZG wrote:He stopped a clear scoring chance. I don't give a fuck if it was accidental or not, Ball could of gone in but his hand got in the way.

So you'd give a penalty even with no foul? And you'd not send someone off for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity? You would be a crap referee.

I'd give a pen for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

why is that so hard for you to get? scratch
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:35 pm

Surely that's a contradiction. You're saying it's not a foul, but it's denying a goal scoring opportunity? Laughing

And fuck reading the "laws of the game" you cunt.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:40 pm

NZG wrote:

I'd give a pen for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

why is that so hard for you to get? scratch
    Because it's not a foul to deny a clear goalscoring opportunity. It's a red card to deny a clear goalscoring opportunity BY COMMITTING A FOUL.
    Danny wrote:Surely that's a contradiction. You're saying it's not a foul, but it's denying a goal scoring opportunity? Laughing

And fuck reading the "laws of the game" you cunt.
    It's not a contradiction at all. Goalkeepers and defenders deny goal scoring opportunities in every game, it's their job. So long as they don't commit fouls, it's perfectly legal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:28 am