Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Paulinho
GK01
ResurrectionRooney
El_indian
Childish Logic
Jorlung
Andy
Jordan Henderchip
12 posters

Goal-Line Technology is needed in football!

Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Goal-Line Technology is needed in football! Empty Goal-Line Technology is needed in football!

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sun May 06, 2012 8:26 am

I believe that Goal-Line technology is definately needed in football after todays FA Cup Final. Now you are probably thinking that I am crazy for thinking goal-line technology would have changed the result of that game, yes the shot from Carroll didn't cross the line but had goal-line technology been in place he would have been able to see the ball didn't cross the line and then instead of running off to celebrate he would have been able to dive forward and head home the easy tap in.

I believe that a system should be implemented similar to what they have in Ice Hockey, if the puck goes in a little buzzer/light thing over the goal like goes off and notifies you that the ball has crossed the line. In a time with hi tech video technology it is essential that football upgrades into goal line technology. It would avoid terrible decisions and would actually make the game fairer in my opinion. I realise that people think it would be bad for the game and it would waste time. But if you implement the right technology it won't waste any time, all that will happen is a little light goes off when the ball crosses the line, hell they could make football more colourful by having the woodwork change colour when the ball goes in.

Now you are all allowed to have an opinion on this and most of you will probably disagree with me but I think it is essential that everybody sees what I believe is the easiest way to take Football to the next level. I am not being bitter about Liverpool losing the FA Cup Final either, I just believe that this is a good example of how goal-line technology would be beneficial.
    Anonymous

Goal-Line Technology is needed in football! Empty Re: Goal-Line Technology is needed in football!

Post by Guest Sun May 06, 2012 8:27 am

he should play to the whistle

also everyone knows goal line technology is needed so dont see the point in this thread
    Anonymous

Goal-Line Technology is needed in football! Empty Re: Goal-Line Technology is needed in football!

Post by Guest Sun May 06, 2012 8:29 am

Wait, having goal line technology would stop play or the ref would have to signal that it didn't go over. I doubt Carroll would have reacted any quicker unless he just played to the whistle as viva said.
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Sun May 06, 2012 8:29 am

That's his own fault he ran off..
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Sun May 06, 2012 10:14 am

Chip wrote:I believe that Goal-Line technology is definately needed in football after todays FA Cup Final. Now you are probably thinking that I am crazy for thinking goal-line technology would have changed the result of that game, yes the shot from Carroll didn't cross the line but had goal-line technology been in place he would have been able to see the ball didn't cross the line and then instead of running off to celebrate he would have been able to dive forward and head home the easy tap in.

I believe that a system should be implemented similar to what they have in Ice Hockey, if the puck goes in a little buzzer/light thing over the goal like goes off and notifies you that the ball has crossed the line. In a time with hi tech video technology it is essential that football upgrades into goal line technology. It would avoid terrible decisions and would actually make the game fairer in my opinion. I realise that people think it would be bad for the game and it would waste time. But if you implement the right technology it won't waste any time, all that will happen is a little light goes off when the ball crosses the line, hell they could make football more colourful by having the woodwork change colour when the ball goes in.

Now you are all allowed to have an opinion on this and most of you will probably disagree with me but I think it is essential that everybody sees what I believe is the easiest way to take Football to the next level. I am not being bitter about Liverpool losing the FA Cup Final either, I just believe that this is a good example of how goal-line technology would be beneficial.
    That's not how it works. There's a guy that presses a button when a goal is scored, notice how sometimes a goal doesn't even hit the net but it looks like it goes in and the buzzer goes off.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sun May 06, 2012 10:20 am

Jorlung wrote:
    Chip wrote:I believe that Goal-Line technology is definately needed in football after todays FA Cup Final. Now you are probably thinking that I am crazy for thinking goal-line technology would have changed the result of that game, yes the shot from Carroll didn't cross the line but had goal-line technology been in place he would have been able to see the ball didn't cross the line and then instead of running off to celebrate he would have been able to dive forward and head home the easy tap in.

That's not how it works. There's a guy that presses a button when a goal is scored, notice how sometimes a goal doesn't even hit the net but it looks like it goes in and the buzzer goes off.
    '

No I don't watch Ice Hockey. That often Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 06, 2012 11:36 am

OP is a phaggot.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sun May 06, 2012 11:41 am

Goal-Line Technology is needed in football! 330se1e
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Sun May 06, 2012 11:41 am

They don't even need those computer chips in balls and GPS technology, etc.

Just put a couple of high speed cameras in/on the goal line and check the replays if there's uncertainty.

BTW chip, nobody is against goal-line technology in football, but there is opposition to using video replays during the game, i.e for checking penalty claims, offsides, tackles, etc.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung Sun May 06, 2012 12:43 pm

Well the way it works in hockey is if the goal is not called a goal at first sight they play on and wait until the whistle then they go "upstairs" to check whether it was a goal or not, and if it was they reverse play. If it is called a goal and it is in question then they just go upstairs right away and see if it is or not.

Usually takes about 5 minutes at the very most (ie. Game winning goal in the final game of the season), more often it will take about a minute or so if it's just black or white.

Can't see why they can't add something similar to football.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sun May 06, 2012 12:57 pm

You don't need cameras though if they just put the chips in the balls and have a buzzer or light go off when the ball has crossed the line. It wouldn't waste any time at all
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun May 06, 2012 1:04 pm

If Carroll is too stupid to make sure the ball is in the goal then it's his problem. If the ball crosses the line then this should be communicated to the officials, and only to the officials, so they can make the decision. We cannot have robots making the final decision in major matches.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Sun May 06, 2012 1:25 pm

I don't like the idea of a chip in a ball.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 06, 2012 1:54 pm

El_indian wrote:I don't like the idea of a chip in a ball.
    I don't either. I like the idea that UEFA implemented by having those guys right next to the goals. If they could have those guys ignore penalty decisions and focus only on the ball crossing the line, then that could be an alternative route.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Sun May 06, 2012 2:30 pm

I don't like that idea either, these goal-line incidents are usually too fast for the eye to see, the ref is often reduced to mere guessing. I would prefer clear evidence, even if it takes 30 seconds to view a replays.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sun May 06, 2012 2:33 pm

The problem with your suggestion El is you will get the same thing that happened today. The replay would have shown the ball didn't cross the line, but Andy still could have scored the rebound had he not thought it was in. I don't know if I'm explaining it right, but had there been a sensor of some sort it probably would have been a goal since Carroll would have been able to knock in the rebound. Do you get what I mean?
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Sun May 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Chip wrote:The problem with your suggestion El is you will get the same thing that happened today. The replay would have shown the ball didn't cross the line, but Andy still could have scored the rebound had he not thought it was in. I don't know if I'm explaining it right, but had there been a sensor of some sort it probably would have been a goal since Carroll would have been able to knock in the rebound. Do you get what I mean?

As soon as he headed the ball he was off celebrating, your idea wouldn't have been helpful as he would have headed it then expected the noise to sound, so would have already gone to celebrate, thus missing the second chance at the rebound (Also with the way he was positioned, it wasn't an easy tap in probably would have been cleared.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Glen Damon wrote:
    El_indian wrote:I don't like the idea of a chip in a ball.
    I don't either. I like the idea that UEFA implemented by having those guys right next to the goals. If they could have those guys ignore penalty decisions and focus only on the ball crossing the line, then that could be an alternative route.

they already do from what i seen from them lool
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Sun May 06, 2012 3:33 pm

Chip wrote:The problem with your suggestion El is you will get the same thing that happened today. The replay would have shown the ball didn't cross the line, but Andy still could have scored the rebound had he not thought it was in. I don't know if I'm explaining it right, but had there been a sensor of some sort it probably would have been a goal since Carroll would have been able to knock in the rebound. Do you get what I mean?

Oh ok yeah I see what you mean.

I'll need to watch it again, but if there was a chance he could have knocked in the rebound he probably should have done so just to be sure..
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sun May 06, 2012 3:35 pm

El_indian wrote:

Oh ok yeah I see what you mean.

I'll need to watch it again, but if there was a chance he could have knocked in the rebound he probably should have done so just to be sure..

There was a slight chance if he threw himself at the ball (diving header)
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung Sun May 06, 2012 4:38 pm

GK01 wrote:

As soon as he headed the ball he was off celebrating, your idea wouldn't have been helpful as he would have headed it then expected the noise to sound, so would have already gone to celebrate, thus missing the second chance at the rebound (Also with the way he was positioned, it wasn't an easy tap in probably would have been cleared.
    Either way Carroll should have went after the ball even if he thought he it was in. When you're a kid you're always taught to "Play 'till the whistle"
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Sun May 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Jorlung wrote:
    GK01 wrote:

Either way Carroll should have went after the ball even if he thought he it was in. When you're a kid you're always taught to "Play 'till the whistle"

That is true, but when you have a shot and it's a great shot, you expect it to go in, you're expecting the whistle, because it's either going to be saved or a goal, and you're thinking 100% goal.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Sun May 06, 2012 5:02 pm

TBF I don't think referees blow their whistles immediately as the ball crosses the line. Carroll wasn't sure and was probably trying to convince the ref to blow. The ref too has to make a decision, possibly together with the linesman...these are split seconds, there's a lot of confusion.

However, you are right in saying he should have headed it back in.
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Sun May 06, 2012 5:13 pm

This is brand new information!
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sun May 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Paulinho wrote:This is brand new information!

Indeed
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sun May 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Agree 100 percent the longer FIFA waits the more integrity is lost
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sun May 06, 2012 5:57 pm

fluffy_kittens wrote:Agree 100 percent the longer FIFA waits the more integrity is lost

Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Sun May 06, 2012 6:46 pm

Goal-Line Technology is needed in football! 537999 How extremely tacky. Wouldn't it be sufficent just to to give a signal to the ref, I dunno in a wrist watch kinda of thing or something, no one else really needs to know. If everyone knows the ref will always get that right then that's really all that's needed, until the day the technology is "tricked" that is. If Andy Carroll, or anyone else, doesn't play until the whistle goes then that's their own fault.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun May 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Yes, goal-line technology is needed. We should also outlaw the slave trade and get rid of building materials that contain asbestos.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Sun May 06, 2012 7:31 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:Yes, goal-line technology is needed. We should also outlaw the slave trade and get rid of building materials that contain asbestos.
    lol! clap

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:15 pm