Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Mal
ricky//habana
Cadbury
fluffy_kittens
SussexByTheSea
Demba Ba
The Bat-Man
RubyArmyCTFC
Barton
Stranger
Zzonked
Laurencio
Drake
Grenade
LFC_Grunners
dena
ResurrectionRooney
VivaRonaldoLAD
22 posters

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally.

Poll

The right decision?

[ 26 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. Bar_left60%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. Bar_right [60%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. Bar_left19%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. Bar_right [19%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. Bar_left9%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. Bar_left12%Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. Bar_right [12%] 

Total Votes: 43
    Anonymous

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. Empty Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:54 am

So, if a player handles on the goal-line, preventing a clear goal, but it was accidental. What should happen?

If anyone has a video/gif of the Sunderland/Newcastle incident, please post it.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. Empty Re: Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally.

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:55 am

This thread should be good.

Popcorn
    Anonymous

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. Empty Re: Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:55 am

Depends on how accidental it is. Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. 279869
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:56 am

Are you asking under the Laws of the Game as they stand or what the Laws of the game should be?
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:56 am

xPeterLFC95 wrote:Depends on how accidental it is. Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. 279869

Larsson's arm was out-stretched.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:56 am

xPeterLFC95 wrote:Depends on how accidental it is. Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. 279869

What? Accidental only means one thing. Done by accident. Genuinely.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:58 am

Ehh it's tough to determine 'accidental' so I guess I'd say yellow + penalty Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:58 am

Scott wrote:

What? Accidental only means one thing. Done by accident. Genuinely.
    What if the player has lost his balance, reaches out his harm to balance himself, and it hits his outstretched hand? Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. 279869 Sorry to be pedantic.

In my opinion, that should be a red card and a penalty.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:59 am

No Booking + Penalty.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:59 am

dena wrote:Ehh it's tough to determine 'accidental' so I guess I'd say yellow + penalty Neutral

HOW CAN IT BE A YELLOW CARD? If it's a foul that prevents a goal then it's a red card, it absolutely has to be. What the fuck are you giving him a yellow card for anyway? Handball isn't a bookable offence.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:00 am

Penalty and red card if their arm is away from their body.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:01 am

Yellow card and peno. Would be a harsh yellow but if you don't then people will purposely do it and try lie about it being an accident.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:01 am

http://www.eplmatches.com/2011/08/20/sunderland-vs-newcastle-highlights/

There's a video of the highlights which shows what happened. shifty

5 seconds in. shifty

Hide
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:02 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    dena wrote:Ehh it's tough to determine 'accidental' so I guess I'd say yellow + penalty Neutral

HOW CAN IT BE A YELLOW CARD? If it's a foul that prevents a goal then it's a red card, it absolutely has to be. What the fuck are you giving him a yellow card for anyway? Handball isn't a bookable offence.

Handling the ball on the goal-line accidentally. Calm-down
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:02 am

Accidental is like Matt Mills's v Forest this weekend.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:02 am

I can't believe how fucking stupid you guys are, it really does amaze me. Have any of you who have voted that it's a penalty actually read the Laws of the Game?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:03 am

You're the only one who's voted no foul, play on. You stupid boy.
    Anonymous

Outside of the area a yellow card is usually given for an intentional handball. Whether that is the way it's meant to be or not I have no idea.
    Anonymous

Afterwards Larsson said it hit his head, he knew he should have gone.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:05 am

Scott wrote:You're the only one who's voted no foul, play on. You stupid boy.
    It's no wonder I think I'm a fucking genius when I'm on a forum with you bunch of stupid pricks. Have you read the Laws?
    James wrote:

Outside of the area a yellow card is usually given for an intentional handball. Whether that is the way it's meant to be or not I have no idea.
    It's not actually, most handballs aren't punished with a yellow card unless it's considered unsporting behaviour by the referee.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:06 am

You're not a genius, you're pedantic.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:07 am

Stopping the ball going into the goal with your hand when you aren't a goalkeeper is a double wammy. Red card and penalty according to the laws of the game. I disagree with the policy of the double wammy, but it's how the laws currently are.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:07 am

Handball isn't a bookable offence.

I saw Barry Ferguson get a second yellow for a handball against us 2 years ago. It was a deliberate one, but it's definitely a bookable offense.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:07 am

It's no wonder I think I'm a fucking genius when I'm on a forum with you bunch of stupid pricks. Have you read the Laws?
    James wrote:

It's not actually, most handballs aren't punished with a yellow card unless it's considered unsporting behaviour by the referee.

I'm pretty sure an intentional handball is classed as unsporting behaviour.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:08 am

I'm still having trouble envisioning what an accidental hand ball is. Neutral If your hand is outstretched in an unnatural position and stops the shot, surely the ref will interpret it as intentional, even if it's not, so it's a stone wall penalty.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:09 am

I don't know how accidental it was, but I voted yellow + penalty.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:10 am

Are we referring to Larson's handball against Newcastle? Thought it was a stone wall penalty.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:10 am

James wrote:

For a genius, you seem to have difficulty acknowledging that it was the act of handball that drew the caution.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:10 am

JMB_94 wrote:Are we referring to Larson's handball against Newcastle? Thought it was a stone wall penalty.

Pretty much, yes.

RR is the only one who thought the Ref got it right. rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:11 am

Zzonked wrote:

Handball isn't a bookable offence.

I saw Barry Ferguson get a second yellow for a handball against us 2 years ago. It was a deliberate one, but it's definitely a bookable offense.
    If it isn't deliberate then it isn't a foul. Handball can constitute unsporting behaviour, which is a bookable offence, but it usually does not.
    James wrote:
    James wrote:

I'm pretty sure an intentional handball is classed as unsporting behaviour.
    Usually it isn't, it's usually only if a player tries to prevent a goalscoring chance of score a goal with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:24 pm