Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Pippo
El Jefe
JonjoShelvey
Hernandez_14
Lux
Jordi
Mason
Zzonked
badham21
Scuba Steve
SBSP
Demba Ba
LFC_Grunners
Cadbury
Clark
ShakerMatty
Gegilworld93
Carlos Jenkinson
The Bat-Man
luke.
VivaRonaldoLAD
Sean
26 posters

Writing Competition (Article of The Week) 1 - Football

Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Writing Competition (Article of The Week) 1 - Football - Page 6 Empty Re: Writing Competition (Article of The Week) 1 - Football

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:23 am

Mr Leiva wrote:
    The Bat-Man wrote:I'll get mine done tomorrow, I hate how vague the topic is though.

Same, can't think of anything to right Mad
    Writing Competition (Article of The Week) 1 - Football - Page 6 3925848005
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Writing Competition (Article of The Week) 1 - Football - Page 6 Empty Re: Writing Competition (Article of The Week) 1 - Football

Post by The Bat-Man Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:26 am

Mr Leiva wrote:
    The Bat-Man wrote:I'll get mine done tomorrow, I hate how vague the topic is though.

Same, can't think of anything to right Mad

It's gay isn't it.

Fucking openness.

I'm just going to brainstorm a topic today.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:27 am

Can I have more ideas for the next one then? I hardly got any.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:31 am

Something like how money is affecting football or articles to do with nations aspiring to make an impact in the next instalment of the EUROs.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:33 am

Do something mind-blowing and controversial, not some cheesy article which 100 professional journalists have already written about, and written better.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:34 am

I'd actually like to enter if it's not too late.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:36 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Do something mind-blowing and controversial, not some cheesy article which 100 professional journalists have already written about, and written better.

Can't think of something controversial to right about in football, could you give us an example?
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:40 am

BladeGunner you've done in a couple of hours what many have failed to do in years..

Get under RR's skin. Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 am

The Bat-Man wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Do something mind-blowing and controversial, not some cheesy article which 100 professional journalists have already written about, and written better.

Can't think of something controversial to right about in football, could you give us an example?

I don't know, it's not for me to come up with the idea for your article, I wouldn't want to do that. What I'm doing for mine is challenging an eminent assumption in football.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:54 am

Mine will probably win. I got an A in my EnglishLaguage creative writing coursework.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:54 am

Forest wrote:Mine will probably win. I got an A in my EnglishLaguage creative writing coursework.

I got an A*.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:55 am

beasted.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:57 am

GCSE?

Mine was AS Level. A is the highest mark.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:04 pm

Yeah, GCSE. I got 3 As at A-Level in subjects where essay writing was the key component though.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:13 pm

Ive got 4 so far,

Religion
    History
    English
    Sociology

Just saying..
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:14 pm

4 A Levels at 17?
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:15 pm

Maths
    Physics
    Biology
    History

A2 results on Thursday Run
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:16 pm

So far, so that's my AS's shifty

Tbh it's just the best results I've ever got and I felt like posting, not saying it compares to yours Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:37 pm

How do you know? I thought results weren't until Thursday?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:55 pm

I got a C in RE. smug
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:56 pm

That's the first half of them, Thursdays the second shifty
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:22 am

When are they being judged again? I forget.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:30 am

wow what a waste of time
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:46 am

ViVaRooney wrote:wow what a waste of time

Why is this a waste of time?scratch
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:12 am

Do we have any rough guidelines for length?
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:22 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Do we have any rough guidelines for length?
    None were given, as this competition is very flexible. I would assume that the length should be whatever you see as appropiate. Not too long that it doesn't cover the subject, but also not too long so that it doesn't start to drag on and go off the subject at the hand. That's the way I did mine anyway.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:22 am

Will try get this done tomorrow.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:41 am

Burytilidie wrote:Will try get this done tomorrow.

Are you doing one on Bury? If yes, it will defeat the purpose of the article being anonymous. Not to put you off doing so or anything.
    Róvers
    Róvers

Supports : Raith Rovers

Post by Róvers Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:48 am

I'm up for this.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:25 am

Any more entries? Gonna put them up. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:26 am