Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Pippo
El Jefe
JonjoShelvey
Hernandez_14
Lux
Jordi
Mason
Zzonked
badham21
Scuba Steve
SBSP
Demba Ba
LFC_Grunners
Cadbury
Clark
ShakerMatty
Gegilworld93
Carlos Jenkinson
The Bat-Man
luke.
VivaRonaldoLAD
Sean
26 posters

Writing Competition (Article of The Week) 1 - Football

Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Writing Competition (Article of The Week) 1 - Football - Page 5 Empty Re: Writing Competition (Article of The Week) 1 - Football

Post by Demba Ba Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:17 pm

I submitted mine to you last night Jela. Sorry about the way I muddled it up in the message by centering it and all that stuff.
    ManchesterRed
    ManchesterRed

Supports : Manchester United

Writing Competition (Article of The Week) 1 - Football - Page 5 Empty Re: Writing Competition (Article of The Week) 1 - Football

Post by ManchesterRed Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:19 pm

PM'd you my entry. Its not my best. Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:34 am

Thanks to all who have entered so far, had a few internet problems.
    Hernandez_14
    Hernandez_14

Formerly known as : Braad

Post by Hernandez_14 Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:41 am

Just did a league prediction.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Sorry to bump this, but I'd like to know when the results will be.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:32 pm

Sent mine in and its obvious whats mine.
    ManchesterRed
    ManchesterRed

Post by ManchesterRed Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:15 pm

Yeah when are the results up?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:56 pm

ManchesterRed wrote:Yeah when are the results up?

The 20th mate, How do you guys want the voting to work? Will I just put them up anonymously and you can pick 1st best, 2nd best & 3rd best?
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:56 pm

Jelavic9|RFC wrote:

The 20th mate, How do you guys want the voting to work? Will I just put them up anonymously and you can pick 1st best, 2nd best & 3rd best?

That sounds good. Why is it the 20th though? Is that not a bit too long away?
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Jelavic9|RFC wrote:

yes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Hmm 20th is too far away, what about 16th?/17th?

Still need to do mine shifty
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:59 pm

IIBentII39 wrote:Hmm 20th is too far away, what about 16th?/17th?

Still need to do mine Writing Competition (Article of The Week) 1 - Football - Page 5 279869

I'd agree with this. We don't want to leave if too long. If we do, all of the interest will have fizzled out.
    ManchesterRed
    ManchesterRed

Post by ManchesterRed Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:59 pm

Make a separate thread put all the articles in it and put a poll with the article titles?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:00 am

ManchesterRed wrote:Make a separate thread put all the articles in it and put a poll with the article titles?

This.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:01 am

ManchesterRed wrote:Make a separate thread put all the articles in it and put a poll with the article titles?

But then the voters wouldn't get the chance to actually read the articles themselves and because voting is not public, someone might just vote for the one that they think is the worst for the sake of it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:04 am

cheesy wrote:

But then the voters wouldn't get the chance to actually read the articles themselves and because voting is not public, someone might just vote for the one that they think is the worst for the sake of it.

Okay, original plan then? Get all the articles in a thread, but not saying who they are written by. Number them 1-10 (or however many there is) and then PM our Votes to Jela.

Nice and simple.

Title the message, Article Voting

and then,
    1st = 3
    2nd = 7
    3rd = 1 for example
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:04 am

If I get all the entries before that date then I'll put them up but I made it just over a week to give everyone a chance.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:06 am

IIBentII39 wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Okay, original plan then? Get all the articles in a thread, but not saying who they are written by. Number them 1-10 (or however many there is) and then PM our Votes to Jela.

Nice and simple.

and then,
    1st = 3
    2nd = 7
    3rd = 1 for example

Good idea. PM results would definitely work a lot better than an out and out poll.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:06 am

I know what I'm gonna write about, just not had the time atm, might do it now actually
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:06 am

IIBentII39 wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Nice and simple.

and then,
    1st = 3
    2nd = 7
    3rd = 1 for example
    good idea
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:30 am

Pm'ing you now Jela. Pictures aren't needed are they?
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:30 am

IIBentII39 wrote:Pm'ing you now Jela. Pictures aren't needed are they?

I'd hope not. I never included any.Embarassed
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:32 am

cheesy wrote:
    IIBentII39 wrote:Pm'ing you now Jela. Pictures aren't needed are they?

I'd hope not. I never included any.Embarassed

I haven't either, could give away the voting perhaps too? If you know someones style of graphic making Smile
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:58 am

I've decided to grace this competition with an entry, we submit by PMing articles to Jelavic, yes?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:01 am

Football in general think

I will try and right something decent and submit it. Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:27 am

Count me in Jela eek2
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:15 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I've decided to grace this competition with an entry, we submit by PMing articles to Jelavic, yes?
    Wink Wink Wink

And yes we do
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:18 am

How long are everyone's articles, roughly? Are we talking hundreds, thousands of words? I've knocked one up in the last hour or so but I'm not sure about the length. Also, are yours on seminal truths of football or individual things like your club's previous or next season?
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:19 am

I'll get mine done tomorrow, I hate how vague the topic is though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:22 am

The Bat-Man wrote:I'll get mine done tomorrow, I hate how vague the topic is though.

Same, can't think of anything to right Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:22 am