Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
JamieB
Kuled
Pippo
Ben
VivaRonaldoLAD
Theo Filippo
Ben 10
Sean
Demba Ba
Zzonked
coolhead33
ResurrectionRooney
16 posters

Writing Competition: Edition 2 - Voting

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Writing Competition: Edition 2 - Voting Empty Writing Competition: Edition 2 - Voting

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:58 pm

Article 1

Many expected Greenock Morton to be in and around the relegation zone once again. A club which has found themselves battling relegation at some point of the year in the past four season have surprised many with their impressive start. Questions are now being asked as to whether they could possibly be a force in the Scottish 1st Division, with some now believing that promotion may be an achieavable objective for them, as the find themselves 2nd in the table.

An issue has been brought up though, which relates to the possibility of Morton being promoted. That issue concerns their stadium, Cappielow Park.

Cappielow is a typically old fashioned Scottish stadium, with a large portion of it being standing areas.

For any club that is newly promoted to the SPL, they must have a stadium which is both all seating and fully roofed. Cappielow in nowhere near matching this criteria.

If they still have realistic promotion ambitions come January, they will be forced to submit plans to change the stadium dramatically. If they do not comply with this and go on to win the 1st Division, they could find themselves in a similar position to Falkirk in 2003, where they will simply not be promoted.

Falkirk has drastically underestimated their ability in the 2002/2003 season. Not believing that they could gain promotion, they did not submit any plans to revamp their stadium structure. They paid the price by winning the 1st Division, but not covering the stadium criteria for promotion. They were taught a harsh lesson, which led them to building a completely new stadium.

I am baffled by the decisions the SFA have made relating to this matter. They have simply conformed to the general example of many other countries in recent years by making sure that all top level clubs have all seater stadiums. What they fail to notice however, is that outside of Old Firm games, attendances are generally very poor within our game.

Many tragic stadium disasters in the past have occured due to overflowing crowds at games that have been massively hyped and have generated a lot of publicity. The Scottish game could not be any different to this.

The Scottish clubs struggle to half fill their stadiums as it is; therefore no crowd disasters could be possible outside of the Old Firm, with the exception of crowd violence.

Now, Morton risk tearing apart the history and tradition of their stadium. The Cow Shed, a standing area with some notoriously vocal fans could find itself covered in seats. For what? A title challenge which may not even come to fruition. In fact, even if we were to gain promotion, I do not expect us to remain in the SPL for a long period of time.

Many other suggestions have been tossed about, such as standing and seating stadiums, yet the SFA or SFL do not seem willing to act upon this matter. They seem to be more content with arguments over how to fix our league system: arguments which are becoming tedious and drawn out.

This is something which does concern me. I would love to see Morton promoted to the SPL, as it is something I have never witnessed with my own eyes, yet how much would promotion be worth, if it meant tearing apart the history and tradition of what is a proud little club? This is getting to the stage where I don't know if I would even welcome our promotion.

I have been to many of the relatively new grounds in Scottish football and to be honest, I cannot say that they overly excite me. They hold no sense of tradition or history. Not only that, but they are all scarily similar. Many of them have been designed in the same way; therefore lack any sense of being unique, which a football club should be about. Each stadium should have its own legacy, or something about it that makes it stand out from the crowd. Many of these newer grounds lack this. The design is simply from an architect who wants to make the stadium pleasing to the eye, rather than a fan who wants the best atmosphere possibly for the club.

What will happen? Honestly, I have no idea. I have a fear that they may simply leave it like it is: ignoring the wishes of many fans. These are the governing bodies of Scottish football after all.

Article 2

The biggest problem facing Premier League clubs this season is Swansea keeper VORM!!!

VORM VORM VORM VORM VORM VORM
    VORM VORM VORM VORM
    VORM VORM VORM VORM
    VORM VORM VORM VORM
    VORM VORM VORM VORM

The chant for this superb nifty little keeper is incredible, and will cause many problems for Premier players as they dance along to the chant whilst all doing the VORM!

Writing Competition: Edition 2 - Voting Michel-Vorm-for-goalkeepermagazine.com_

Never has a keeper made such an impact on the Premier League. De Gea for £18 Million doesn't even compare to the superb capture of Michel Vorm. Instead, it shows how poor Sir Alex's scouts are for not picking up on this Dutch sensation to follow on in another great Dutchmans footsteps.

He dives to the left, he dives to the rigghhhhtttttt, that boy Michel Vorm, makes De Gea look shite!

Michel Vorm, coming to a ground near you!

Post the article that you're voting for as a message in this thread.

Also up for discussion, everything in the entire world, everything that ever has happened or might ever happen.

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Writing Competition: Edition 2 - Voting Empty Re: Writing Competition: Edition 2 - Voting

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:04 am

2 articles rofl rofl rofl

Writing Competition: Edition 2 - Voting Borat_great_success
    Anonymous

Writing Competition: Edition 2 - Voting Empty Re: Writing Competition: Edition 2 - Voting

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:14 am

First one was written by Cheesy so I vote number 2.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:15 am

I was going to enter this as I had a good idea on what to write but I forgot the next morning.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:21 am

Article 2 gets my vote, I like the use of song to help make his point. Good stuff.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:31 am

I would like to vote for Article 2.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:16 am

What a shambles
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:24 am

Sean wrote:What a shambles

I agree. How did we end up with only two articles?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:51 am

cheesy wrote:
    Sean wrote:What a shambles

I agree. How did we end up with only two articles?

Because I didn't run it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:21 am

Article 1. I didn't even have to read either one.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:23 am

Article 1.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:30 am

Number 2

Did you write a article RR shifty
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:36 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:Number 2

Did you write a article RR shifty

No, I was intending to but I never got round to it. It would have made the competition boring anyway.

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:12 am

Locked, cleaned and reopened. I think you should all apologize to RR for ruining his lovely thread.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:13 am

Zzonked wrote:Locked, cleaned and reopened. I think you should all apologize to RR for ruining his lovely thread.

Thanks for getting rid of the arguments.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:14 am

But seriously don't apologize because it would drag it off topic again. Just post your votes or discuss the articles.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:20 am

I apologize on behalf of Jela and Ben 10, especially Ben not his fault hes from Preston.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:20 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:I apologize on behalf of Jela and Ben 10, especially Ben not his fault hes from Preston.

rofl rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:21 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:I apologize on behalf of Jela and Ben 10, especially Ben not his fault hes from Preston.

Mate, You get me in stitches. Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:21 am

I'll have you know that the best member of this forum was born in Preston.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:23 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I'll have you know that the best member of this forum was born in Preston.

No I wasnt scratch
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:24 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I'll have you know that the best member of this forum was born in Preston.

No I wasnt scratch

I think he meant him. shifty

Awesome Face
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:25 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:

No I wasnt scratch

No, you weren't.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:25 am

Filippo's view on Preston has suddenly changed Laughing
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:26 am

My views stay the same RR is a lucky minority to come out of there gifted.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:26 am

Wise men change their opinions to fit the facts.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:26 am

This is going off-topic again. Let's focus on the quality of each article.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:28 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:My views stay the same RR is a lucky minority to come out of there gifted.

Writing Competition: Edition 2 - Voting 70955 Writing Competition: Edition 2 - Voting 70955

Writing Competition: Edition 2 - Voting 914411

The articles are great btw. I vote number 1.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:29 am

Wait...........RR..........you live in Preston?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:40 am

Ben 10 wrote:Wait...........RR..........you live in Preston?

I used to, I got out of that retard filled dump as soon as I could though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:22 am