Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
El Jefe
arsenalap11
Schnix
Danny
fluffy_kittens
Jamie
Mario
Carlos Jenkinson
Scuba Steve
coolhead33
Trig
The Zlatan
Dean
Jaetinh
Ben
GCU
MickStupp
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Ricardo
Zzonked
Potato-7
Cameron.
moscowmadeit3
Hitchy
Drake
luke.
ShakerMatty
Lux
blackskar
bcfcben
Walcott
Ben 10
Cadbury
Jordi
38 posters

What would you like your team to look like next season?

luke.
    luke.

What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would you like your team to look like next season?

Post by luke. Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:17 pm

James ♠️ wrote:Luke why do you have the one to put unrealistic signings up? Neutral

Hardly unrealistic...
    Anonymous

What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would you like your team to look like next season?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Neymar and Sahin are unrealistic.. silent
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:17 pm

James ♠️ wrote:Luke why do you have the one to put unrealistic signings up? Neutral

And Pilkz... Cardozo? What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 2 70955 What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 2 70955 What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 2 70955 What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 2 70955 What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 2 70955 What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 2 70955
    Yeah we have the money so why not.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:17 pm

I doubt Chelsea will get Sahin tbh. And I doubt that you'll go for Van Der Wiel shifty
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:19 pm

James ♠️ wrote:Neymar and Sahin are unrealistic.. silent

Neymar is unrealistic yet we bid for him last summer, and looks like we will again. Also the fact he has been talking up a move away from Santos, mentioning Chelsea. Yeah, right, ok.

And Sahin isn't realistic, plenty of big names could come knocking, Dortmund might have no choice but to accept.
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:19 pm

Pilkz wrote:
    ---Robinson---
    ---New RB---Samba---P.Jones---New LB---
    ---J.Jones----Nzonzi---
    ---Hoilett-----------Olsson---
    ---Cardozo---
    What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 2 881856

Anyway, we'll almost certainly sell Yobo and Yakubu... Heitinga will probably be off as well and hopefully Anichebe and Bilyaletdinov (I love him but he can't cut it in the prem) get sold too. Not sure on who will replace them, Moyes usually signs players I've never heard of
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:19 pm

I think Neymar is basically yours, which is a shame.
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:20 pm

Ours will be exactly the same as this season but with a new keeper -

De Gea
    Rafael Rio/Smalling Vidic Evra
    Valencia Carrick Fletcher Nani
    Hernandez Rooney

We have great depth, which is an advantage. I would like to see a class CM come in, some one who isn't afraid on a battle and can control a game. Maybe a natural LM, as Bebe and Obertan are wank and we only have Nani, Park and Valencia who can play on the wings.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:20 pm

luke. wrote:

Neymar is unrealistic yet we bid for him last summer, and looks like we will again. Also the fact he has been talking up a move away from Santos, mentioning Chelsea. Yeah, right, ok.

And Sahin isn't realistic, plenty of big names could come knocking, Dortmund might have no choice but to accept.

I'm 100% sure Sahin will not leave Dortmund this summer unless Real go sniffing.

Pilkz, just because you can afford someone it doesn't mean they are going to go to you. I'm pretty sure Benfica is more attractive than Blackburn at this moment in time. Laughing
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:21 pm

moscowmadeit3 wrote:Ours will be exactly the same as this season but with a new keeper -

De Gea
    Hernandez Rooney

We have great depth, which is an advantage. I would like to see a class CM come in, some one who isn't afraid on a battle and can control a game. Maybe a natural LM, as Bebe and Obertan are wank and we only have Nani, Park and Valencia who can play on the wings.

Reminds me of the old Essien.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:21 pm

moscowmadeit3 wrote:Ours will be exactly the same as this season but with a new keeper -

De Gea
    Hernandez Rooney

Lucas Simples
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:22 pm

James ♠️ wrote:
    luke. wrote:

I'm 100% sure Sahin will not leave Dortmund this summer unless Real go sniffing.

Pilkz, just because you can afford someone it doesn't mean they are going to go to you. I'm pretty sure Benfica is more attractive than Blackburn at this moment in time. Laughing

Most were 100% sure Torres was staying at Liverpool... look what happened.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:22 pm

luke. wrote:

De Gea
    Hernandez Rooney

Shouldn't that be 'reminds me of the younger Essien'? What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 2 279869
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:22 pm

James ♠ wrote:
    luke. wrote:

De Gea
    Hernandez Rooney

Shouldn't that be 'reminds me of the younger Essien'? What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 2 279869

I mean like, how he used to be, before his knee injuries.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:23 pm

luke. wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:
    luke. wrote:

Not really. Liverpool where doing rubbish, no CL football and Torres wasn't playing so well.

Complete opposite at Dortmund, about to win the league, will be playing CL football and Sahin is doing great there.
    The only possible way I could see him joining Chelsea is if Hiddink decides to go to you.
    Cameron.

Supports : Manchester United.

Post by Cameron. Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:23 pm

De Gea
    Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra
    Modric Fletcher Anderson
    Valenica Rooney Nani

Would obviously love to see VDS stay, but I'm doubtful that will happen and so De Gea would be my first choice.
    Would like to see Sahin as well, but if we're going by reports it seems that Madrid are in for him.

Last edited by Cameron. on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Post by moscowmadeit3 Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:24 pm

luke. wrote:

De Gea
    Hernandez Rooney

He would have been ours if he wasn't for Peter 'Judas' Kenyon. Sad
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:25 pm

De Gea
    Hernandez Rooney

I think you guys desperately need a new creative centre mid. Carrick is shite. I wouldn't mind Obertan at Everton btw... he clearly has talent
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:25 pm

James ♠️ wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:
    luke. wrote:

Not really. Liverpool where doing rubbish, no CL football and Torres wasn't playing so well.

Complete opposite at Dortmund, about to win the league, will be playing CL football and Sahin is doing great there.
    The only possible way I could see him joining Chelsea is if Hiddink decides to go to you.

Fair enough.

If Modric is 'realistic' I'd take him, or Banega, even though he took a while to settle in spain. Kaka could possibly be on the cards, but too injury prone and old now.

Rumours of Robben wanting out of Bayern if they don't get CL football too, would take him.
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:25 pm

James ♠️ wrote:
    luke. wrote:

Well its called What would you like your team to look like next season?
    So i want Cardozo

Last edited by Pilkz on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:27 pm

James ♠️ wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:
    luke. wrote:

doubt it. No deniening Chelsea are a big club thanks to sugar daddy, and he will spend all he wants to get trophies. Agents are a big factor in football, and Chelsea wages are lucrative. Plus the Premier League is regarded as one of the worlds best leagues.
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Post by moscowmadeit3 Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:32 pm

Hitchy wrote:

De Gea
    Hernandez Rooney

I think you guys desperately need a new creative centre mid. Carrick is shite. I wouldn't mind Obertan at Everton btw... he clearly has talent

We need a bit of both in midfield to be fair. Although, Nani has been great in being creative this year, so to has Giggs. Anderson could play in that role although injuries are setting him back.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:33 pm

I'll copy what i put in the lower league thread.

Dan Connor will be back next season after his hip injury. Dan Connor > Bartlett so we will have a more reliable goalkeeper. Ryan Valentine is back next season after his abdonimal injury, we know he's a good left back for League 2 so that strengthens us too.

At this level it's all about having a strong spine to the team. This means we need to get rid of Townsend and Kovacs and sign up Stam ASAP. I would suggest re-signing Dean Beckwith from Northampton Town, he was amazing in our promotion season with Wolves chasing him but he has lost his way abit and we always have the knack of bringing players back to form (Pugh, Ainsworth, John Eustace etc.)

The middle of the park is our strong point with Featherstone, Mcquilkin and Lunt. All are capable of playing in League 1 with Lunt and Featherstone already having played above League 2 shows this.

Up front we need to make sure we keep Fleetwood, 17 goals now for a team which is sitting at the wrong end of the table is fabulous.

Looking at the squad we need to release the following; Kovacs, Townsend, Stratford, Canham, Connor, Gwynne, Baheng, Patulea and Heister.

Therefore we should keep or look to sign from parent club; Connor, Bartlett (sub), Green, Valentine, Rose (squad player/versatile), Fleetwood, Mcquilkin, Lunt, Colbeck, Featherstone, Weir (cheap/prospect), Thomas (cheap/prospect), Stam, Leslie, Purdie.

Leaving us with 2 Goalkeepers, 3 defenders, 6 midfielders, 1 striker + 2 youth prospects.

We could keep on using the fruitful
    4-5-1. ( my ideal squad)

Fleetwood

Leslie - Mcquilkin - Mcphee(attacking) - Lunt - Colbeck

Valentine - Stam - Beckwith - Green

Connor

Subs: Bartlett, Purdie, Rose, Featherstone, Weir, Thomas.

Need to strengthen with 2/3 new strikers, 1 new midfielder, 2 new centre backs + a covering wingback who can slot in at LB/RB. Making the squad size at 22 leaving Pitman and co to find other decent players.

Remember we have the Manset transfer money to spend (~300k). We need to look into Chris Mcphee from Kidderminster, he is a good CAM who chips in with goals. Would be very useful in the 4-5-1 system supporting Fleetwood upfront and should be available at around 80k imo.

Use Russel Hoult and Dave Kevan's link to higher placed clubs to get a couple of season long loans for defence.

Not too many changes to the starting 11 but if the League table restarted since we had Pitman in charge then we would be sitting just on the verge of the playoffs.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:37 pm

luke. wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:
    luke. wrote:

Fair enough.

If Modric is 'realistic' I'd take him, or Banega, even though he took a while to settle in spain. Kaka could possibly be on the cards, but too injury prone and old now.

Rumours of Robben wanting out of Bayern if they don't get CL football too, would take him.

I'd say Modric is realistic if Spurs don't get CL. I reckon Kaka will definately be back on the cards... Doesn't seem to be second choice behind Ozil.

Pilkz wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:
    luke. wrote:

So i want Cardozo

Maybe you should read the post and not the title. It says realistic inside since it wouldn't fit in title.
    Potato-7
    Potato-7

Supports : Olympiakos

Post by Potato-7 Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:38 pm

NEW GK(Ochoa)
    Torosidis----Mellberg-----Papadopoulos-----NEW LB(Tzavellas)
    NEW DM(Sanchez((not the udinese one)) )---NEW DM(an 7 million +)
    NEW RW(Or mirallas)------Ibagaza(or a new AM because he is 35)--------Riera
    Mirallas/Djebbour
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Post by moscowmadeit3 Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:39 pm

I don't think Modric would go to Chelsea. I wouldn't mind him at United though Mischief
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:39 pm

James ♠️ wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:

Fair enough.

I'd say Modric is realistic if Spurs don't get CL. I reckon Kaka will definately be back on the cards... Doesn't seem to be second choice behind Ozil.

Pilkz wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:
    luke. wrote:

So i want Cardozo

Maybe you should read the post and not the title. It says realistic inside since it wouldn't fit in title.
    I think its realistic. there there
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:40 pm

moscowmadeit3 wrote:I don't think Modric would go to Chelsea. I wouldn't mind him at United though What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 2 784961

I think he'd be tempted if Spurs don't get CL though. I don't see Man U spending big money apart from on a keeper. Razz
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:40 pm

moscowmadeit3 wrote:I don't think Modric would go to Chelsea. I wouldn't mind him at United though Mischief

My favourite player. Would hate him at United. Doesn't seem right in my head bounce
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Post by moscowmadeit3 Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:42 pm

James ♠️ wrote:
    moscowmadeit3 wrote:I don't think Modric would go to Chelsea. I wouldn't mind him at United though What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 2 784961

I think he'd be tempted if Spurs don't get CL though. I don't see Man U spending big money apart from on a keeper. Razz

If they don't get CL then teams will come sniffing for a few of their players - Bale and Modric, most likely. He is a type of player we need, creative and a battler, proven in the PL as well so wouldn't need as much time as settling in as an abroad player would need.

We probably won't buy anyone other than a keeper. If we do it'll be some youngster for the future, when we need someone now as Scholes looks like he'll retire and Giggs in a few years. Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:25 am