Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
El Jefe
arsenalap11
Schnix
Danny
fluffy_kittens
Jamie
Mario
Carlos Jenkinson
Scuba Steve
coolhead33
Trig
The Zlatan
Dean
Jaetinh
Ben
GCU
MickStupp
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Ricardo
Zzonked
Potato-7
Cameron.
moscowmadeit3
Hitchy
Drake
luke.
ShakerMatty
Lux
blackskar
bcfcben
Walcott
Ben 10
Cadbury
Jordi
38 posters

What would you like your team to look like next season?

fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 8 Empty Re: What would you like your team to look like next season?

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:14 am

polska. wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:Polska you honestly think Bilbao can beat the teams we beat this year? Arsenal, Inter, Ac Milan, Werder Bremen, etc.

Can definitely see Llorente wrecking Arsenal's defense. I'd say Bilbao can beat Werder as well.

I don't know about the Milan's... The two teams would have to play first.

If Bilbao are so unstoppably good then why are they in 6th!?!
    luke.
    luke.

What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 8 Empty Re: What would you like your team to look like next season?

Post by luke. Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:16 am

Fine Shagger wrote:Yeah I think he was one of them, there was 2, Luke was maybe the other think

I've never said anything about Llorente. I can remember Ngreat saying he was worht about 15m or something tho.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:16 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    Dean wrote:Question: Will Llorente ever leave Bilbao and fulfil his potential and win the trophies he deserves to win? Because let's be honest about, Llorente should be playing for a top club at the highest highest level. And if he did leave, where would he go?

Think Real Madrid are his only option, could be an option in the summer I guess.

(Polska will say he'll never leave though)

You just know if he joined Real he'd double his goal tally. He's that type of player, when I've watched him, he's a class above what he's playing with by a long long way. And Bilbao are not just some crappy team either, they are top 6 of La Liga. But he deserves to be playing at a top club.

I remember what he put it through Pique's legs and went past him like he weren't there, I nearly fell off the bed watching it. Laughing

I'm made up we've got Carroll now and wouldn't swap him for any one, but Llorente would of been my first choice after Torres left, even before Carroll. That's how highly I rate him. Top player.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:18 am

Dean wrote:Question: Will Llorente ever leave Bilbao and fulfil his potential and win the trophies he deserves to win? Because let's be honest about, Llorente should be playing for a top club at the highest highest level. And if he did leave, where would he go?
    I made a huge ass post in a Liverpool thread back near the end of January about it.

I don't think there is any place bigger than Bilbao that Llorente would want to go.

Plus Bilbao won't let him leave. Any Llorente transfer would be well over 50-60m. Llorente's contract will see him out till he is over 30 as well.

I think Llorente will stay at Bilbao for life. Good, he can be among the club's legends like Zarra.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:21 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:Polska you honestly think Bilbao can beat the teams we beat this year? Arsenal, Inter, Ac Milan, Werder Bremen, etc.

Can definitely see Llorente wrecking Arsenal's defense. I'd say Bilbao can beat Werder as well.

I don't know about the Milan's... The two teams would have to play first.

If Bilbao are so unstoppably good then why are they in 6th!?!
    Because Madrid and Barcelona are a class above the rest of the world, and behind them there is Villarreal/Valencia/Atletico Madrid and Sevilla who in recent times have been better than Bilbao. La Liga is competitive, not a two team league. Laughing

Bilbao being in the top 6 is them doing well, a bit comparable to Spurs in the EPL actually.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:26 am

La Liga is only competitive outside the top 2...

35 points between 1st and 17th or something in the PL, 36 points between 2nd and 3rd in La Liga IIRC those are right.

Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:28 am

Introducing Polska.... "La Liga is a competitive league" Polska says

Well I don't know, the 30 points between 1st and 4th can't possibly mean it's not a competitive league

Last edited by Fonseca on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:29 am

Like I said, Barca and Real are a class above.

Anyway, let's get this topic back on-topic.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:30 am

polska. wrote:Like I said, Barca and Real are a class above.

So it is a 2 team league...
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:30 am

Saying they're a class above, does not make the league competitive.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:30 am

I didn't know a league consisted of two teams.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:33 am

polska. wrote:I didn't know a league consisted of two teams.

I'm done, I can't argue with this guy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:33 am

Blow me fuckface, how come it ended up in a La Liga vs Premiership debate Laughing
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:34 am

Fonseca wrote:

Ignore him and just laugh at his posts, that's what I do.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:35 am

Provide better arguments. Laughing

EPL is no more competitive, only two winners since Arsenal won it, and that year Valencia won it as well. Neutral

The rest of the league is competitive in Spain. Granted so has this season in England, then again, many English clubs are in transition phases.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:36 am

luke. wrote:

Saying they're a class above, does not make the league competitive.

thank you

Fonseca wrote:

Agreed there's no point. Apparently next year Bilbao will win the champions league Rolling Eyes
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:36 am

polska. wrote:Provide better arguments. Laughing

EPL is no more competitive, only two winners since Arsenal won it, and that year Valencia won it as well. Neutral

The rest of the league is competitive in Spain. Granted so has this season in England, then again, many English clubs are in transition phases.

We have.. yet you came back with "Real and Barca are a class above"..

Which pretty much says La Liga isn't as competitive as the EPL.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:36 am

Polska just stop. Please.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:40 am

51 league titles between Barca and Real and this guy has the nerve to say the EPL is not any more competitive, fuck me why am I listening to some Polish guy lecture me on my spanish football from his Bilbao save
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:41 am

polska. wrote:Provide better arguments. Laughing

the third place la liga team is 24 points behind the 1st place la liga team..Not very competitive if you ask me.

In the EPL you need to go all the way to 6th place to find the team that's 24 points away from 1st.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:41 am

For me competitiveness means the league is competitive. Teams are of similar standard to each other etc.

That is what you find in La Liga. Outside of the top two you have Atletico Madrid/Valencia/Sevilla/Villarreal/Bilbao/Getafe/Espanyol/Mallorca all of whom are competitive. If you go back a few years you have Sporting and Deportivo as well.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:42 am

polska. wrote:For me competitiveness means the league is competitive.
    Really? Hmm, I agree. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:43 am

Fonseca wrote:51 league titles between Barca and Real and this guy has the nerve to say the EPL is not any more competitive, fuck me why am I listening to some Polish guy lecture me on my spanish football from his Bilbao save
    For fucks sakes. A league isn't consisted of two teams, what does my nationality have anything to do with it and I'm not basing anything from my Bilbao save. I've watch quite the few Bilbao games this season, I follow La Liga you know.

Don't got much better to do with my personal time in this horrible country than watch games I've downloaded.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:45 am

polska. wrote:
    Ryo wrote:I think you'll find Arsenal are on the same level as Barcelona and Madrid What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 8 601554
    We could be at best.

But we have too many flaws to be on that level.
    Barca went through Arsenal by 1 goal and were going out til we had 10 men. I think we would beat Madrid.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:46 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Ryo wrote:I think you'll find Arsenal are on the same level as Barcelona and Madrid What would you like your team to look like next season? - Page 8 601554
    We could be at best.

Barca went through Arsenal by 1 goal and were going out til we had 10 men. I think we would beat Madrid.

Careful Danny will be in in a second to tell you off.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:46 am

polska. wrote:For me competitiveness means the league is competitive. Teams are of similar standard to each other etc.

That is what you find in La Liga. Outside of the top two you have Atletico Madrid/Valencia/Sevilla/Villarreal/Bilbao/Getafe/Espanyol/Mallorca all of whom are competitive. If you go back a few years you have Sporting and Deportivo as well.

The teams in the EPL are the exact same way really. Besides maybe Man U the rest of the teams: Chelsea/Spurs/City/Liverpool/Arsenal/Everton/Bolton all sort of close

The first place epl team is seperated by the last place team by 38 points

the first place la liga team is seperated by the last place la liga team by 58 points!

nuff said, its not even really a competetion.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:47 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    We could be at best.

hard to say..Real Madrid hasn't played an EPL teams for a while until they played us. No telling how Arsenal/Man U match up against them
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:48 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    We could be at best.

hard to say..Real Madrid hasn't played an EPL teams for a while until they played us. No telling how Arsenal/Man U match up against them

Or Stoke bounce
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:48 am

What also makes the EPL superior, and more entertaining, is the fact that anyone can beat anyone. In La Liga, pretty much no-one stands a chance against Barca or Real, bar the odd hiccup.

In England, you get teams like Wolves beating Man United, who were unbeaten, they beat Chelsea, they beat Liverpool at Anfield..

You don't see this in Spain.
    Jack
    Jack

Post by Jack Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:49 am

Tim Howard
    Tony Hibbert - Sylvain Distin - Phil Injurielka - Leighton Bayern

Mikel Fart - Tim Cahill - Phil Neville - Diniyar Bilyaletdinov - Leon Osman

Ross Barkley

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:39 am