Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Sean
Walcott
ricky//habana
Mason
crump
Uncle John from Jamaica
El_indian
CoVkId01
Kuled
Grenade
Mal
Jordi
menalawyerguy
Lux
Barton
Kris
ResurrectionRooney
Jess
luke.
Pippo
Ben
Cadbury
ShakerMatty
27 posters

Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16

Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 - Page 2 Empty Re: Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16

Post by Lux Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:57 am

JMB_94 wrote:But seriously, i've been loking for a job for about a year now, must've applied for at least 20 places and none have got back to me. Gonna start job hunting again in acouple of weeks. Neutral

Sometimes I was applying for 20 in a week!

Anonymous

Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 - Page 2 Empty Re: Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:43 am

You'd be best working somewhere like Morrisons or Waitrose like Lux said. The pay is really good for 16 year olds and alot of places like that do time and a half pay on Sundays. I've got mates who work at Morrisons and they love it. The social side is really good aswell. It's mainly college students 16-18 working there so you meet new people your age, there's a pool table in the staff bit for you to use on your break, and there's a football team if you'd want to do that.

I find that these retail shops in town are more likely to employ Uni students, or older people. Don't bother applying at Topman either, you have to be gay
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Cheers forest Very Happy and ok Laughing
    we don't have a waitrose btw I think the nearest one to me Is Preston!
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:59 pm

I assume you are capable of better English than what you've shown in this thread. Right? If not, make sure you have your mom or dad proofread your CV and any applications you submit. I'm not just razzing you either. Proper English is important. It doesn't matter how qualified you are. Employers will wipe their asses with your CV if it is chalked full of typos.

I can has cheezburger now.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:17 pm

If you don't have any decent contacts, then it's almost impossible to get a job in England as a 16 year old Neutral
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:26 am

menalawyerguy wrote:I assume you are capable of better English than what you've shown in this thread. Right? If not, make sure you have your mom or dad proofread your CV and any applications you submit. I'm not just razzing you either. Proper English is important. It doesn't matter how qualified you are. Employers will wipe their asses with your CV if it is chalked full of typos.

I can has cheezburger now.
    yes i am lol
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:33 am

Get your arse out at night. Back hand a whore and make her yours. Then the pimping begins. neu shades
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:42 am

Mal wrote:Get your arse out at night. Back hand a whore and make her yours. Then the pimping begins. neu shades
    Crazy
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:19 am

Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 - Page 2 10-07-01

They gave him the job Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 - Page 2 70955 Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 - Page 2 914411

Last edited by grenade187 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 am

Any joy mate? Smile
    Jess

Post by Jess Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:44 am

Little tip, if you want to work in a clothing shop they normally make you dress a mannequin in your first or second interview, depending.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:58 am

cheers grenade ill look at that
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:58 am

Jess wrote:Little tip, if you want to work in a clothing shop they normally make you dress a mannequin in your first or second interview, depending.
    ah ok eek
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:59 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:Any joy mate? Smile
    emailed tesco, co op and all shops like that but not really got any replies atm Crying or Very sad
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:26 am

Did you attach a CV?
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:27 am

Hope you find one soon mate thumb
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:37 pm

I am going to send applications in to Wh Smith, Morrisons, Sainsburys, Tesco, British Homestore, Iceland and Marks And Spencer also Manchester Fort near mine said theres some shops there what are looking for people so will apply for them also Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Pip wrote:Work at Woolworths.

Suspect
    CoVkId01
    CoVkId01

Post by CoVkId01 Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Gamestation, Game, HMV, JJB?
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:48 pm

fuck I would hate to work in a clothing store, you have to dress all like a gay cunt and be all 'OMG you look sooo good in that!!' all with a fake ass smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:54 pm

Mcdonalds. srs.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:19 am

I was lucky with my job, I impressed the gaffer on work exp. so he kept me on from when I was 14 right up until I sorted my apprenticeship.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:39 am

Good luck. I bet the most the shops tell you to apply online whenever there's a job available though. Game is the worst. I went in a few months back with a CV, they said i'd have to look online for when there are jobs available and apply from there. Went online and it said that when there are jobs, you'll have to go instore Neutral
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:44 am

I'm 16 next week and have a job hopefully lined up Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 - Page 2 601554
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:46 am

crump wrote:I'm 16 next week and have a job hopefully lined up Stupid question but im looking to get a job at 16 - Page 2 601554

I am 16 and have no job Dry Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:51 am

Buy a lawn mower and cut peoples grass? shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:34 am

Or get a sponge and bucket and wash cars.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:39 am

I got my first job at 14. My suggestion, pretend not to speak English.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:20 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:I got my first job at 14. My suggestion, pretend not to speak English.

What did you do? Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:26 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:
    Ché Guayaba wrote:I got my first job at 14. My suggestion, pretend not to speak English.

What did you do? Laughing

Rent boy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:38 pm